• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Since we've been talking pokemon quite a bit, I want to give a shout out to TheSpeedGamers who are doing a week long pokemon marathon where they catch every single one while raising money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

http://tsg.tv/

I have some good friends their and it would be cool if some of you guys stop by.

Also I assume this is okay to post.

Well that's interesting. What makes you think Kamen Rider? I know the name, but I'm not familiar with the details of the franchise.
I don't literally think it'll be kamen rider I just think it'll be humans transforming into demons like DDS,l judging by the name. The name also sounds so fucking tokusatsu to me. I doubt they'll do the DDS approach when it comes to transforming into the demons so I figure they'd go the tokusatsu route. It just sounds like something Kaneko would come with. As far as Demikids go, I heard it was garbage but apparently CJ liked it.

Squire

Banned
I don't literally think it'll be kamen rider I just think it'll be humans transforming into demons like DDS,l judging by the name. The name also sounds so fucking tokusatsu to me. I doubt they'll do the DDS approach when it comes to transforming into the demons so I figure they'd go the tokusatsu route. It just sounds like something Kaneko would come with. As far as Demikids go, I heard it was garbage but apparently CJ liked it.

That guys likes everything of that sort.

I understood that reference.

Was honestly expecting a flood of rap battle/burn gifs.

I finished Labrys, Yu, and Aigis stories in P4A, they were pretty good.

Now I just need to finish Elizabeth's story.

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions in this thread.

FluxWaveZ

This is a few days old, but I only saw it retweeted now:
BqkeLFeCMAA62V3.jpg:large
BqkeLGMCIAEsJ2v.jpg:large
I guess Persona Cafe is a thing that just opened up.

Of course, in other news, there's that potential Etrian Odyssey game tease.

I was pretty dead set on not getting P4U2 but after seeing this match I'm having second thoughts.

I've always thought the Shadows were awesome. Now, since the 1.10 patch that gave them 2,000 more HP than their counterparts, the fact that they accumulate SP at a RIDICULOUS rate (plus, they gain SP as they get damaged as though they were the one attacking) and Shadow Frenzy is just great. Glad to see that people are playing them more, now.

Zareka

Hey PersonaGAF, can anyone tell me how similar Persona Q is to the Etrian Odyssey series? I have EOIV sitting here to play but I don't want to burn myself out on the gameplay before PQ releases. Thanks.

Sophia

Hey PersonaGAF, can anyone tell me how similar Persona Q is to the Etrian Odyssey series? I have EOIV sitting here to play but I don't want to burn myself out on the gameplay before PQ releases. Thanks.

Persona Q is basically an Etrian Odyssey game with Persona on top. That said, you're looking at it being quite awhile before PQ comes out in English so you might as well play EOIV seeing as you have it.

Zareka

I'm playing Eo untold at the moment, I'm loving the map drawing part of the game, WAY more than I thought I would.

Same here. I expected the map drawing to be extremely tedious but it actually made the dungeon crawling in what little I played of IV more enjoyable.

You have no idea how happy I was when I read this news. I'm considering buying the Danganronpa 2 Limited Edition purely to give NISA more money.

omgkitty

Does anyone know where I can find a good wrap up of the story from P4A? I tried playing it this weekend, and I'm not reading 10 hours of text off of my TV.

Does anyone know where I can find a good wrap up of the story from P4A? I tried playing it this weekend, and I'm not reading 10 hours of text off of my TV.
I think it's been mentioned many times that P4U is going to have a recap of P4A. Personally I hope it does, it's been a good while since I played P4A's campaign, and I need a refresher.

Of course, in other news, there's that potential Etrian Odyssey game tease.

I've always thought the Shadows were awesome. Now, since the 1.10 patch that gave them 2,000 more HP than their counterparts, the fact that they accumulate SP at a RIDICULOUS rate (plus, they gain SP as they get damaged as though they were the one attacking) and Shadow Frenzy is just great. Glad to see that people are playing them more, now.

How come Mitsuru doesn't get the hamburger? :(

Some kind of meat?

Should have just been a bag of whey powder and a glass of water.

At first I thought it was some sort of bacon wrapped corn dog

I didn't laugh.

:(

Not knowing how to eat one at first in her link would only make the pairing even more hilarious. It should come with a fork and knife because "I must admit that I'm not very familiar with fast food etiquette" and jokes and such.

That was my thought process too

Mdesilva

Someone made a post the other day (I think) that had me thinking- who in Persona would be likely to play video games?

I think Naoto could be a big nerd, though she does have a job, and she's probably into books more than anything.

Yosuke and Narukami definitely play games. Yosuke just seems like the type, and judging by his room in Arena, I can see it. Narukami has posters of P3 and Catherine, and while those are obviously Easter Eggs, I think it's part of his character too.

In P3, we know Junpei and Makoto play from the IS: Online S.Link. Fuuka maybe, as well? She's into computers and all, right?

Just thought this could be a fun and stupid discussion :p

Well, we know that Mitsuo definitely does as well ;P

The first movie seems to imply that Kenji is a regular at the Paulownia Mall arcade, so it'd be a safe bet to say he's into vidya games.

biodude

Neo Member

Oh man, I'd really like to know what each of the menu items are/ drinks if possible.
It would help if they posted some slightly higher quality pics, I'd be cooking these dishes over the weekends :p

Also, I made a temporary persona Q case (until my wild cards case comes) with a bunch of stickers:

f3eeca19f8.jpg

bd1ada29ba.jpg

And the plexi glass came for my V2 Evoker, here's what it looks like with my led strip behind it (note it looks more blue than purple IRL):

18078d4535.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom