• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Thought they mentioned Dancing All Night was near completion earlier this year, but they were holding off on a release to add more songs.

P3Movie account just tweeted this out:

Bq5_bbWCAAADaNK.jpg

Aww, look at how happy they are

Too bad that won't last for long, nyohohohoho

Rhapsody

Banned
Was kinda sorta trying to do a Max S.Link run of P4G without a guide. Then I realized I hadn't been using Personas of the matching arcana for all of them. Am I screwed? :(
Maybe. Depends how far you are. If you brought a matching Persona, it's pretty easy to do a max run. Without it, not really.

And if you weren't beating dungeons in 1 day in addition to that, I don't think you can make it.

Mdesilva

Maybe. Depends how far you are. If you brought a matching Persona, it's pretty easy to do a max run. Without it, not really.

And if you weren't beating dungeons in 1 day in addition to that, I don't think you can make it.

Well, I had been getting a lot of "Your relationship isn't going to advance yet..." when I went to S.Link. I had matching Personas for 50-75% of them, but I wasn't trying. I also got some dialogue answers wrong.

I did dungeons in one day, and I'm about to go to Rise.

Well, there's PQ music in P4AU, so there might as well be in P4D.

Say what now?

Rhapsody

Banned
Well, I had been getting a lot of "Your relationship isn't going to advance yet..." when I went to S.Link. I had matching Personas for 50-75% of them, but I wasn't trying. I also got some dialogue answers wrong.

I did dungeons in one day, and I'm about to go to Rise.

I guess it's hard to say. You'll still probably max out most of the S Links of the game regardless.

Kssio_Aug

In one run? That'd be pretty awesome. My S.Links are all pretty high right now so it's possible,

I should have used a guide though...

I guess its your 1st run, right?
If so, I will give you the same advice as the gaffers gave me when I started. Just play it and have fun, dont worry about this and do not use those guides at your 1st playthrough. The game is awesome, and better if played as intended. I just use a faq for the teachers questions and sometimes a wiki to verify enemies weekeness, and sometimes I think I souldnt be using even that.

Is anybody planning on buying the P4AU music DLC?

I mean, you only get to pick the music in a limited amount of modes, and about half the time in network mode. I just end up doing random most of the time anyway.

Mdesilva

I guess its your 1st run, right?
If so, I will give you the same advice as the gaffers gave me when I started. Just play it and have fun, dont worry about this and do not use those guides at your 1st playthrough. The game is awesome, and better if played as intended. I just use a faq for the teachers questions and sometimes a wiki to verify enemies weekeness, and sometimes I think I souldnt be using even that.

Oh no, not at all. It's my first run on this PSN account though, so it's not an NG+. I've played the game through once and I got to about where I am now (Rise) on my previous account NG+.

kewlmyc

Is anybody planning on buying the P4AU music DLC?

I mean, you only get to pick the music in a limited amount of modes, and about half the time in network mode. I just end up doing random most of the time anyway.

Mass Destruction is free so no, probably not. Maybe I'll buy New World Fool if I decide to main a certain character.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Thought they mentioned Dancing All Night was near completion earlier this year, but they were holding off on a release to add more songs.

P3Movie account just tweeted this out:

Bq5_bbWCAAADaNK.jpg

So this is the new group photo eh?

That's good, the old one was missing a few people.

Erin Fitzgerald just posted this on Twitter:

"SUPER excited 2 FINALLY announce VALERIE AREM as NAOTO for #P4AU #PQ Go Forth my kittens, tell the world!!!! #waifu #sexyvoice"

So I guess the mystery is finally solved? :D

Rubedo

Does this mean that Naoto has a new voice actress in Ultimax and PQ?

I think so. On Behind the Voice Actors, she is credited as Eri Minami in the P4 anime. If she was the game actress for Naoto, wouldn't they have used her for the role in the anime as well?

Dantis

I think so. On Behind the Voice Actors, she is credited as Eri Minami in the P4 anime. So she was probably Naoto as well. Otherwise, if she was the game actress for Naoto, wouldn't they have used her for the role in the anime as well?

Wow, interesting catch.

Also, Naoto is played by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn in the anime.

I won't knock the new actress until I hear her, but man, the inconsistency will never sit right with me. I wonder if the change was directorial or due to not being able to get the old one back?

FluxWaveZ

I think so. On Behind the Voice Actors, she is credited as Eri Minami in the P4 anime. So she was probably Naoto as well. Otherwise, if she was the game actress for Naoto, wouldn't they have used her for the role in the anime as well?

No. It is known that the VA for Naoto in the anime was absolutely not the VA for Naoto in the games.

cj_iwakura

Wow, interesting catch.

I won't knock the new actress until I hear her, but man, the inconsistency will never sit right with me. I wonder if the change was directorial or due to not being able to get the old one back?

Well, McGlynn is kind of a big deal. She was Jenna Angel too.

Dantis

No. It is known that the VA for Naoto in the anime was absolutely not the VA for Naoto in the games.

You're missing the point. He's saying that the new actress played Eri in the anime. If she was also Naoto in the game, she would have been Naoto in the anime too. She isn't, so we can assume that the new actress is indeed new.

Well, McGlynn is kind of a big deal. She was Jenna Angel too.

I know, but I'm not sure what your point is. McGlynn isn't the new Naoto.

Rubedo

Wow, interesting catch.

Yeah I realized we already know who voiced her in the anime after I posted. Fixed it in an edit. Either way, Valerie was in P4: The Animation. If she was the game Naoto, they probably would have used her for anime Naoto since she was already Eri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom