• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Inside Nich's mind, his inner editor is screaming :D

But yeah..... "Expensive" or "Costly" is the word you'd be looking for there, and that boss is indeed pretty easy compared to what's coming up. >.>;

FluxWaveZ

Alright, there's no doubt left for me after that. Heh, it's interesting how Naoto's original VA will forever lie in the shadows, it seems.

Kssio_Aug

Inside Nich's mind, his inner editor is screaming :D

But yeah..... "Expensive" or "Costly" is the word you'd be looking for there, and that boss is indeed pretty easy compared to what's coming up. >.>;

Thanks! I fixed it, but Im not sure if the sentence is right tough.

And yeah, I can imagine. But after
Shadow Mitsuo, Naoto
was already very easy! lol

Sophia

Thanks! I fixed it, but Im not sure if the sentence is right tough.

And yeah, I can imagine. But after
Shadow Mitsuo, Naoto
was already very easy! lol

It's a bit of a run on sentence due to comma splicing, but I don't think anyone cares about THAT online. Otherwise pretty good.

Shadow Naoto
is a noticeable breather boss. The boss of the next dungeon is pretty hard. Nothing as hard as
Mitsuo
tho.

Kssio_Aug

It's a bit of a run on sentence due to comma splicing, but I don't think anyone cares about THAT online. Otherwise pretty good.

Shadow Naoto
is a noticeable breather boss. The boss of the next dungeon is pretty hard. Nothing as hard as
Mitsuo
tho

Yeah, I think Ill let that sentence that way now! =P But thank you for your patience.

And thank god!
Shadow Mitsuo
was kind a pain in the ass! lol

I'm actually not too worried. Same thing happened with Chie and Teddie and guess what? It wasn't bad. I'm pretty sure that there were reasons behind why she couldn't make it, and I am also sure that Atlus USA wouldn't just half ass things because of it.

I don't think there was ever a legitimate source for the Nicole Karrer credit. The closest was IMDB and that was added by a user, which should never be trusted ever.
You're right, there's never been a concrete source for Naoto. I wasn't even using imdb as an example when I posted before. I simply had a hunch it was Nicole based on her other (actually credited!) work. Theory destroyed. World shattered. Re-examining life, etc etc

Alfredo

I sure hope Miss Arem tries her best to imitate original Naoto (whoever she may be). Erin had her own take on Chie, which didn't sit well with me. I didn't like Sam Riegel as Teddie in P4 Arena, but he sounded like he tried harder to imitate Dave Wittenberg's performance in Golden, and it sounded great.

I know that when I heard Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Naoto in the anime, I didn't like it at all. So, I hope her new voice isn't as drastic a change.

...man, the Persona voice actor stuff is a mess. Maybe one day Troy Baker will be too big and hollywood to do Kanji (he kinda sounded like he forgot how to do the voice in P4G).

This is one of the reasons we need to move on to Persona 5, lol.

DNAbro

I sure hope Miss Arem tries her best to imitate original Naoto (whoever she may be). Erin had her own take on Chie, which didn't sit well with me. I didn't like Sam Riegel as Teddie in P4 Arena, but he sounded like he tried harder to imitate Dave Wittenberg's performance in Golden, and it sounded great.

I know that when I heard Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Naoto in the anime, I didn't like it at all. So, I hope her new voice isn't as drastic a change.

...man, the Persona voice actor stuff is a mess. Maybe one day Troy Baker will be too big and hollywood to do Kanji (he kinda sounded like he forgot how to do the voice in P4G).

This is one of the reasons we need to move on to Persona 5, lol.

I don't think Troy would give up Kanji unless he has to. I remember during a Beyond Podcast 300 he was a guest and if i remember correctly he said Kanji was one of his favorite characters that he voiced.

Guys I got a question. Is Makato the actual canon name for P3MC, including the games, or is it just his name for the movie?

It's just the movie name for now. He doesn't have a canon name until he appears in a game with one, but a lot of people call him Makoto anyway, including myself.

Marche90

Guys I got a question. Is Makato the actual canon name for P3MC, including the games, or is it just his name for the movie?

Who?

Sorry, couldn't resist. (It's Makoto)

Not really. The only "canon" name we have is the P4 protagonist by virtue of being used in some games, but even then... he doesn't always have it (see a few pages ago what Nich commented about the PQ randomized names). The P3 MC will not have a proper name for a while, it seems.

Xenoflare

Looks like Erin also confirmed that Nicole Karrer is NOT Naoto for P4/P4G/Arena

Heh, on her FB page she posted that IMDB is not accurate. Bet it has something to do with this.

Inconsistent voices bother the crap out of me, regardless of any perceived quality changes. We really need to move beyond the Sea of Persona 4 Milk before half the game's original cast is replaced.

Inconsistent voices bother the crap out of me, regardless of any perceived quality changes. We really need to move beyond the Sea of Persona 4 Milk before half the game's original cast is replaced.

To be fair, the P3 & P4 'saga' will span 9 years of material before it's over. For such a large cast of characters they did pretty well. Only blips known so far are:

Fuuka: 2 VAs
Kanji: 2 VAs
Naoto: 3 VAs
Chie: 2 VAs
Teddie: 2 VAs

pan-hime

PQ DLC:
8PwAsJR.png

600 yen a pop

Squire

Banned

Don't you think you're being a little overdramatic? Based on the way they're acting (Erren tweeting, Val creating a brand new Twitter account and promoting the role) it seems like they've found an actress they're going to stick with for all future purposes. I see no reason to think otherwise. She's their voice director; she'll be around.

As for the other actors: Whittenberg joined a union, Rooney left the business, Troy Baker is hot right now and Atlus' (or rather Sentai, since it was the anime he was replaced in) isn't exactly rolling in dough to compete with Konami, Ubisoft, etc.

Shit happens. It's the nature of the beast. Consistency is important to everybody though and they seem to be doing the best they can.

I get it but this is not a language I know :'(

It's Java/Unity script.

FluxWaveZ

Troy Baker is hot right now and Atlus' (or rather Sentai, since it was the anime he was replaced in) isn't exactly rolling in dough to compete with Konami, Ubisoft, etc.

Not sure how that's relevant, when it was stated Kanji's voice was replaced because Troy Baker was on a honeymoon.

Squire

Banned
Not sure how that's relevant, when it was stated Kanji's voice was replaced because Troy Baker was on a honeymoon.

I forgot about that. I knew he was busy at the time, so I guess I just assumed he was doing something else. Not a big leap in logic. I mean, look at the guys resume as of late.

It could be relevant... we don't know about the status of some other character's VAs yet. Come to think of it, Shadow Kanji didn't sound like his P4 self.

And no, I'm not implying Troy Baker got replaced.

Squire

Banned
It wasn't the case for Troy, but actors pick between roles all the time. It's relevant to the core point that things happen and projects don't always go without hitches. You roll with the punches and move on.

FluxWaveZ

Come to think of it, Shadow Kanji didn't sound like his P4 self.

He sounded very much like his P4 self.

Then again, Troy was one of the first VAs we heard from addressing the new games saying something to the effect of "I don't know what you're talking about" when asked if he was going to reprise his role in the upcoming Persona games, though that was a while back so it was assumed he was being facetious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom