• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

ehXny9n.png

PK Gaming

Dude...

She was the Black Samurai from SMTIV? That was hands down my favorite voice from that entire game.

Naoto is in good hands, haha.

Mdesilva

This is how I feel about this whole conversation, you people are getting worked up over nothing. So chill out, and maybe give her a chance instead of assuming it's going to be bad.

Also would like to point out that she's already been in an SMT game before, in SMT IV as the Black Samurai and Sister Gabby

WHere do you see that? I can't find her credited for it anywhere.

I wonder who the leads are on that. It'll either be a sleeper hit or a paycheck gig just to keep the studio going (which would be one with me).

id imagine it would be Korra, Tenzin, Amon, Mako and Bolin. Never watched Season 2, so i dont know who they would add from there.

It should hopefully do well. The legend of Korra has a pretty big fanbase.

Squire

Banned
id imagine it would be Korra, Tenzin, Amon, Mako and Bolin. Never watched Season 2, so i dont know who they would add from there.

It should hopefully do well. The legend of Korra has a pretty big fanbase.

"Leads" as in project leads. The director/producer/designers etc. I'm curious to know who at PG is making this game.

So for anyone who is worried about Valerie doing Naoto, watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shTb8t46YdU

If she pulls off that voice with maybe a slight tweak in places, She will be more than fine.

Looks like they went with the Teddie style recasting rather than Chie style.
New Chie is better though

Based on this, I think she'll do a good job on Naoto!
Actually, I am a little suspicious, to me she sounds a lot like Naoto, is she really new?
I have heard some rumors of Valerie being Naoto some time ago...
I know it would make little sense based on what we know, but still I find it a little weird.

And why is the voice in the E3 trailer the same from before then? Some things seem off to me.

Anyway, hope she does a good job, and I'm not going to listen anything where Naoto is talking anymore so I can maybe forget her voice hehe.

abrack08

Actually, I am a little suspicious, to me she sounds a lot like Naoto, is she really new?
I know it would make little sense based on what we know, but still I find it a little weird.

And why is the voice in the E3 trailer the same from before then? Some things seem off to me.

Anyway, hope she does a good job, and I'm not going to listen anything where Naoto is talking anymore so I can maybe forget her voice hehe.

One of my first thoughts once they clarified she was a replacement was that maybe there's some reason (union stuff or whatever) she couldn't admit to being in the old games, but can now freely talk about the new ones, so they had to act as if she was new. But her cover would be blown the moment the game comes out and she sounds exactly the same... I haven't been able to listen to the clips people have posted yet because I'm at work, so I have no idea if she sounds close enough for that to even be plausible.

Also, unrelated, just got an Atlus Faithful email, they're going to be streaming some Ultimax at 2PM pacific time today http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

Levito

Banned
Apologies to everyone(particularly Dantis) in the thread for the clashing earlier. It was my own fault for stirring that pot, when I should have just left well enough alone. (Though I assure you, I wasn't trolling or attempting to get anyone riled up)

So yeah, sorry guys. I'll be out for a while so I just wanted that to be clear.

This just makes me continue to go back and forth on going to AX. ~_~

You should come to EVO, that's what all the cool kids are doing.

Everyone request Naoto matches.

Will do haha! I hope they show some screens of the "after fights" (?) I don't know how they call it but I mean that screen of when the winner character says something while a lot of paparazzi take photos and you can see your score.

If we could see one of Naoto's that would be great!

One of my first thoughts once they clarified she was a replacement was that maybe there's some reason (union stuff or whatever) she couldn't admit to being in the old games, but can now freely talk about the new ones, so they had to act as if she was new. But her cover would be blown the moment the game comes out and she sounds exactly the same... I haven't been able to listen to the clips people have posted yet because I'm at work, so I have no idea if she sounds close enough for that to even be plausible.

Also, unrelated, just got an Atlus Faithful email, they're going to be streaming some Ultimax at 2PM pacific time today http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

Yeah, I'm just ramdonly especulating, that's what I'm thinking too. Hope we can figure something out with the stream today!

She definitely has a new VA. This tweet should confirm it to anyone still doubting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErinFitzgerald/status/481869544818868224

Apologies to everyone(particularly Dantis) in the thread for the clashing earlier. It was my own fault for stirring that pot, when I should have just left well enough alone. (Though I assure you, I wasn't trolling or attempting to get anyone riled up)

So yeah, sorry guys. I'll be out for a while so I just wanted that to be clear.

Its all good Levit0. Everyone disagrees from time to time. Im sure noone took any real offence to that little debate earlier.

Where was that confirmed? Seems a little too obtuse.
Well the E3 trailer has her old voice, but she has a new VA for this game, so there's that. As I was saying before, the voices will never be mixed in game, and most of your time playing the game will be outside of story mode anyway. Since there's no new dialogue in battles, why throw the old stuff away? You'd be pretty much wasting money.

Wouldn't tell us anything. It looks like they're reusing her voice from P4A during matches, with story mode having the new actress.

Really? Is that allowed? o.o Well, her voice must be a lot like previous Naoto then, or it would be kinda strange to hear it in game.

She definitely has a new VA. This tweet should confirm it to anyone still doubting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErinFitzgerald/status/481869544818868224

What does OG mean? I googled it and the only thing that came up was Original Gansta? Is that right? Hahaha

Yasumi

Banned
Well the E3 trailer has her old voice, but she has a new VA, so there's that. As I was saying before, the voices will never be mixed in game, and most of your time playing the game will be outside of story mode anyway.
She'd still need new introduction and win quotes, plus her shadow voice. If they don't match up, that's a pretty glaring inconsistency.

Dantis

Really? Is that allowed? o.o Well, her voice must be a lot like previous Naoto then, or it would be kinda strange to hear it in game.

What does OG mean? I googled it and the only thing that came up was Original Gansta? Is that right? Hahaha

OG means original game. And yeah, it's allowed, they did it on Blazblue.

She'd still need new introduction and win quotes, plus her shadow voice. If they don't match up, that's a pretty glaring inconsistency.

Seems most likely to me that the build they used for the E3 trailer simply didn't have the new voices in.

It's possible she might not have any new win quotes or introductions, the only new character she'd know is
Adachi
. Shadow could be played by someone else easily. Since their voices are heavily processed anyway.

Mdesilva

"Leads" as in project leads. The director/producer/designers etc. I'm curious to know who at PG is making this game.

I'd imagine JP has a big role. Seems like it could be his kind of thing, maybe.

Wouldn't tell us anything. It looks like they're reusing her voice from P4A during matches, with story mode having the new actress.

She has new intros, as well as her Shadow version, and she even has a few new moves...

Plus, if you were playing Story Mode, it'd shift when there was a Naoto battle.

Original game.

OG means original game.

Ah I see, well, at least I had a good laugh haha.

And yeah, it's allowed, they did it on Blazblue.
Seems most likely to me that the build they used for the E3 trailer simply didn't have the new voices in.

How did it sound? Was it weird?
Hmm, I was watching a video of someone playing with shadow Naoto, I can't hear too well but it kinda does sound like the previous voice http://youtu.be/R529M-0IS3s?t=3m47s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom