• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, who is still yet to have their trailers for P4AU??

Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis and Elizabeth.

If they keep releasing two trailers each week then in one month we'll be done with character trailers. I wonder what they'll do after that, considering that they already released a trailer for Golden Arena Mode...

Hobohodo

Hey guys I'm looking for some advice.

The only Persona game I have played so far is Persona 4 Golden and now I wanna go back and play Persona 3 so that I know who the hell these people are in P4A and PQ. The question is which version? I'm looking at either getting Persona 3 Portable or Persona 3 FES (both via the Playstation store) but was wondering if one version is considered the superior version? Kinda like P4G having extra social links and stuff. I will say the portability is a big plus for me so at the moment I am leaning towards P3P, but if FES has more advantages I'll go there.

Ultimax is right around the corner, so here are some avatars, straight from P4U. Feel free to use them.

QFAVBBx.png
DjROO3C.png
dsLrzut.png
OgD2tbg.png
bpy4218.png
478ATxk.png

xOUYRus.png
YcX9aSQ.png
tZBldXH.png
axp5Yr8.png
QjeiXTR.png
5EKZ6Ln.png

bha73wb.png
2xR5xb9.png
Y2yqvV1.png
uDdhHwl.png
AKxGhbl.png
QurBU5x.png

gFYgoRq.png
FgvAIvR.png
F8H5Zqy.png
TXK9OHQ.png
zIjF2MN.png
2rqVLgc.png

teOGB3h.png
QM3zxFj.png
1iRcJkI.png
dKdmmZF.png
C1ph1H0.png
ljg4r8l.png

oLLXueW.png
3O2v7Z0.png
k8y9Igf.png

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis and Elizabeth.

If they keep releasing two trailers each week then in one month we'll be done with character trailers. I wonder what they'll do after that, considering that they already released a trailer for Golden Arena Mode...

Thanks man!!!

Cant wait for Aigis/Liz trailers gonna be the most interesting

Tamanon

Banned

The only Persona game I have played so far is Persona 4 Golden and now I wanna go back and play Persona 3 so that I know who the hell these people are in P4A and PQ. The question is which version? I'm looking at either getting Persona 3 Portable or Persona 3 FES (both via the Playstation store) but was wondering if one version is considered the superior version? Kinda like P4G having extra social links and stuff. I will say the portability is a big plus for me so at the moment I am leaning towards P3P, but if FES has more advantages I'll go there.

Portable has more content, but FES has much better presentation. Personally I prefer Portable, because the FeMC route plays great.

-edit- Although FES does have The Answer which is also pretty good, but grindy.

Sophia

There's no superior version of Persona 3. Both have their advantages and drawbacks.

Persona 3 FES has a superior presentation. It's closer to what you experienced in P4G. You also get the epilogue story "The Answer" with it. However it lacks direct party control, the female protagonist, and several of the UI improvements that Persona 4 brought.

Persona 3 Portable has the female protagonist, tons of UI improvements from Persona 4, and direct party control. However, it's presentation has gone through a downgrade due to the limitations of the PSP. There are no animated cutscenes, and it also lacks the epilogue story that was added in Persona 3 FES.

Most people will argue that Persona 3 FES is the superior way to experience the game the first time, assuming the lack of direct party control isn't an issue for you.

lol at those answers

Ultimax is right around the corner, so here are some avatars, straight from P4U. Feel free to use them.

I'm taking Yosuke!

I'll go with FES, since it has The Answer which is important if you want to understand some of the things of P4A. Of course, you can always just watch it in YouTube and play Portable if you like P4's combat system more.

Go with portable and just look at the Answer on youtube. Trust me, when Mitsuru casts Marin Karin instead of heal you are gonna wish for your part to be fully controllable.

Caladrius

Friendship Ex Machina

If you take the phrase literally (Friendship out of the machine) that would actually describe persona

...Well, if you're insane at least.

NOOOOOOOO!! I was so close to beating
Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

It had like 100HP left when fucking Night Queen charms MC, MC takes the opportunity to insta-kill Yukari with a goddamn Critical hit, and then proceeds to heal
Nyx Avatar
with the Mediarama I somehow fused onto my Seth. Next turn it kills Aigis with Almighty Attack and then finishes me off with another Night Queen.

Why!? I was so close! Only 100HP left! Just one more hit would have done it!

I think I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now. *sob*

kewlmyc

Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

It had like 100HP left when fucking Night Queen charms MC, MC takes the opportunity to insta-kill Yukari with a goddamn Critical hit, and then proceeds to heal
Nyx Avatar
with the Mediarama I somehow fused onto my Seth. Next turn it kills Aigis with Almighty Attack and then finishes me off with another Night Queen.

Grind.

Xenoflare

Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

Nyx Avatar

I remember the one of my charmed teammates used
Diarahan on Nyx, I think it was Akihiko

Well, I played on super pussy easy mode anyways so 30 Plume of The Dusk. HEH.

But I'm already level 77. Grinding just one level takes forever now, and I don't intent to try and beat the Reaper to get to the extra area. It was just really, really bad luck. If MC hadn't gotten charmed AND gotten a crit off on Yukari, the rest of the team would have easily finished the boss off.

Man it was so frustrating to watch him kill me with just one last sliver of HP left. Is there any way I can prevent party members getting charmed?

Quick Edit: Should have said Mediarahan only healed him for like 170HP, so that wasn't too bad.

Edit 2: @Caladrius: Yes, I did

Caladrius

Why is grinding to 95 taking so long in Nocturrnnne ughhhhhhh

But I'm already level 77. Grinding just one level takes forever now, and I don't intent to try and beat the Reaper to get to the extra area. It was just really, really bad luck. If MC hadn't gotten charmed AND gotten a crit off on Yukari, the rest of the team would have easily finished the boss off.

Man it was so frustrating to watch him kill me with just one last sliver of HP left. Is there any way I can prevent party members getting charmed?

Did you max the chariot link?

EDIT: Or was it Emperor I'm thinking of? One of their ultimate Personas gets an electric spell that can keep the Reaper stunned and let you rail off constant crits on the reaper..

Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

Nyx Avatar

You should get Abaddon's Heart Item, it grants you ailment protection.

You should get Abaddon's Heart Item, it grants you ailment protection.

Did you max the chariot link?

EDIT: Or was it Emperor I'm thinking of? One of their ultimate Personas gets an electric spell that can keep the Reaper stunned and let you rail off constant crits on the reaper..

Yeah, Emperor gives you
Odin
but I didn't max it. I think I'll try getting Abaddon's Heart Item. I should be able to get Fire Amp on Koromaru by grinding a little more so that'll help too. Thanks for the advice guys!

But seriously, one more attack would have done it! One more! I really just wanna bang my head against a wall out of frustration, but I'd probably wake up the neighbors doing that. I'll just go to bed for now. Tomorrow your ass is mine,
Nyx!

Just one more hit! Gah! /rant

DNAbro

Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

Nyx Avatar

hah i had a similar situation the first time i fought it too. I only needed one more hit from Mitsuru or for Mitsuru to heal me, and then I would have won the next turn. Well Mitsuru decided to heal me...with a fucking medicine. She had enough sp for a mediarama, but she didn't. It managed to kill me the next turn.

First round of the A League/S.E.E.S. League is over!

TWILT, Mothehawk, hao chi, and PK_Gaming move on in Winner's, while ScraftyDevil, Shmeeb, Mdesilva, and CrazyTank940 are down in Loser's!

Once it reaches Winner's FInals, then there will be streams, for both leagues of course.

Mdesilva

Best Persona girl doesn't get an avatar, so I settled for best P4 girl instead.

I don't think people realize I like Chie almost as much as Yukari.

Kssio_Aug

Ok!! I just finished P4G, and did one good ending, but not the "true ending". But I just LOVED this game! I even shed a tear on the end!T-T

On my entire life I have never played a game with that much depht on the characters! I enjoyed the whole story and every single character (specially Yukiko, Teddie, Rise and Yosuke). There was a long time that I cared about any game story as much as I did with Persona 4. Such an amazing and surprising experience, that is certainly one of my favorite games ever now!

But now Im not sure what I should do. I just discovered that I can already see the "true ending"
just by going back to the food court at Junes
. And I have another save file where I just checked it. But I dont know if I should do it now, or of I should do it on my 2nd playthrough. Is there any good surprise other then that true ending that I would get only at a 2nd playthrough?

What you people believe I should do, go to the last save point and see the true ending, or keep the surprise to the 2nd run?

Thanks!!

Soriku

Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

Nyx Avatar

hah i had a similar situation the first time i fought it too. I only needed one more hit from Mitsuru or for Mitsuru to heal me, and then I would have won the next turn. Well Mitsuru decided to heal me...with a fucking medicine. She had enough sp for a mediarama, but she didn't. It managed to kill me the next turn.

Welp. I also had a somewhat similar situation that ended up with just my MC and Akihiko alive (one of the two may have been charmed). Pretty sure if the battle lasted a turn longer I'd have been screwed, but I managed to win.

CorvoSol

So my younger brother has been playing Persona 4 for awhile now, and I think it's a testament to how user friendly that game is that he's doing everything completely different to how I did it but still making his way through. I also really enjoy how his experience with the game the first time through has been so different from mine.

abrack08

Ok!! I just finished P4G, and did one good ending, but not the "true ending". But I just LOVED this game! I even shed a tear on the end!T-T

On my entire life I have never played a game with that much depht on the characters! I enjoyed the whole story and every single character (specially Yukiko, Teddie, Rise and Yosuke). There was a long time that I cared about any game story as much as I did with Persona 4. Such an amazing and surprising experience, that is certainly one of my favorite games ever now!

But now Im not sure what I should do. I just discovered that I can already see the "true ending"
just by going back to the food court at Junes
. And I have another save file where I just checked it. But I dont know if I should do it now, or of I should do it on my 2nd playthrough. Is there any good surprise other then that true ending that I would get only at a 2nd playthrough?

What you people believe I should do, go to the last save point and see the true ending, or keep the surprise to the 2nd run?

Thanks!!

Reload and go for the true end. If you didn't get the true end, you didn't *really* beat the game, after all. There's still enough incentive to do a NG+ to max social links in my opinion, but no reason to put off seeing the actual end to the story another ~70 hours.

CorvoSol

Nyx Avatar!
(P3 Spoiler)

Nyx Avatar

This boss must've been nerfed something fierce prior to Portable, because I fought it twice in close succession with two different parties and I don't think I ever even SAW Night Queen.

Full on bull shit is still Pandora, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom