• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
She has a voice over demo reel on her website. Having only heard her through this, I think she fits Margaret. I feel like she nails the clear, stoic, almost militaristic style. But outside of that style, she sounds a bit green to me.

Me and Flux picked up on it being someone else immediately during the stream last week. She sounds fine. I think Michelle had a sort of sensuality that she doesn't though.

We've got three different rankings now! Can anyone read any of it so we can figure out in what order these polls were produced?

Also, a few minor things (all my opinion) : Chie over Naoto, Junpei should be in the list, Yukari should be higher, Koro shouldnt really be in there, Kanji should be higher, Yukiko should be lower.

Margaret is being voiced by Marisha Ray in PQ and Ultimax. I've actually heard of her. She did a Batgirl web series a while ago ( she played the title role).

https://twitter.com/Marisha_Ray/status/483699030287863808

This might be her first venture into voice acting, but that's just a guess.

"Mrgret" lol. It's kinda weird that Bryce Papenbrook is the only new VA (Theo) who has said to voice the character in one game (PQ) but not in the other (P4AU).

The one on top is more recent than the one on bottom.

Ah, that explains why it has more votes. :p Then yay!

Caladrius

About P3P. How is this game difficulty compared to P4G?

Is it possible on P3P change the difficulty on the fly at NG+?

P3P is significantly more difficult than Golden.

There's no adjustable difficulty but P3's NG+ is so generous is hardly matters. (You keep all of your levels and Money in addition to the compendium. You might also keep your equipment if I remember well.

Kssio_Aug

P3P is significantly more difficult than Golden.

There's no adjustable difficulty but P3's NG+ is so generous is hardly matters. (You keep all of your levels and Money in addition to the compendium. You might also keep your equipment if I remember well.

Ok then! Thanks! Im gonna buy it one of these days. I guess I should stick to the normal difficulty then.

Style

Banned
Probably because Theo is only in PQ. Because well we haven't seen him in any P4U material or news.

He appears on the official site:

story_p3.png

Dantis

Me and Flux picked up on it being someone else immediately during the stream last week. She sounds fine. I think Michelle had a sort of sensuality that she doesn't though.

I think all of the new VAs will be fine, but lack some of the nuance. I think, for example, new Naoto will be generally fine, but will stick to the stern, male imitation voice. I think they'll drop the more female voice all together. Same kind of thing with Margaret and Kanji, because they're imitating someone else.

I think all of the new VAs will be fine, but lack some of the nuance. I think, for example, neo Naoto will be generally fine, but will stick to the stern, male imitation voice. I think they'll drop the more female voice all together. Same kind of thing woith Margaret and Kanji, because they're imitating someone else.

Which really sucks cuz I think old Naoto excells when she has the natural feminine voice. It was such a nice touch.

I think all of the new VAs will be fine, but lack some of the nuance. I think, for example, new Naoto will be generally fine, but will stick to the stern, male imitation voice. I think they'll drop the more female voice all together. Same kind of thing with Margaret and Kanji, because they're imitating someone else.
This is what I meant when I said Marisha Ray sounds green. Not only is this a new role for her, but the character has already been well-established and I bet it is difficult to replicate the subtleties in Margaret's voice. Same applies for the others as well (though Mercer already has experience with Kanji). Having said that, the new VAs sound more than adequate to fill in. Eager to hear it in full!

Which really sucks cuz I think old Naoto excells when she has the natural feminine voice. It was such a nice touch.
Agreed. I think I mentioned this on twitter once upon a time as well. Her S. Link even toys with this.

It's not much but, based on that "Let's begin" of the stream and what I've heard of Valerie's, I don't think she dropped the feminine voice completely (actually, she sounded really feminine to me), I can't be sure of course, but that's my guess.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Managed to beat
Nyx Avatar
(P3 Spoiler) Now all that's left is to watch the ending...
I'm ready to shed some manly tears.

Congrats! Get ready for my favorite game ending of all time.

*passes tissues* Bro...it's ok to cry... SHED THOSE TEARS

KIMI WO I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU

I liked it better when Naoto>Chie & P3MC>Aigis&Nanako but oh well. Yukari being so low also sucks. At least Yosuke is second in both!

Oh hey, Makoto moved up that's cool. I'm expecting him to be closer to the top by the end of the next movie.

But Kanji at 17? And no Junpei? C'mon now. *Gripe whine complain gripe*

PK Gaming

Congrats! Get ready for my favorite game ending of all time.

*passes tissues* Bro...it's ok to cry... SHED THOSE TEARS

KIMI WO I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU

Oh hey, Makoto moved up that's cool. I'm expecting him to be closer to the top by the end of the next movie.

But Kanji at 17? And no Junpei? C'mon now. *Gripe whine complain gripe*

You're looking at the old popularity list. Kanji is 13 in the latest one.

I'm surprised nobody zeroed in on the fact that Yukari lost to the Persona 1 protagonist.

And with that, I guess all of the Persona protagonists are on the list. All of the ones that people remember, anyhow.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member

I'm surprised nobody zeroed in on the fact that Yukari lost to the Persona 1 protagonist.

And with that, I guess all of the Persona protagonists are on the list. All of the ones that people remember, anyhow.

Whoops, assumed the one with more votes was the newest one. Thanks.

Speaking of old Persona characters, it needs more Eikichi.

I've only played a bit of Persona 1, but I'm surprised Eriko isn't on the list. She seems like a likable lass.

Well, at least she managed to chart unlike Akihiko, Fuuka, Ken, Dojima and Junpei.

Wow, I thought Akihiko was more loved. Maya too, by the way.

So I'm creating a program that automatically creates avatars from facial recognition. Ran some test cases with some Persona art. Might as well post them here. As always, feel free to use one.

8ssjkhL.png
itKfC1U.png
xWduWVe.png
E0LN9uo.png
LTRMxQJ.png
SXzRDiW.png
sfb8gTd.png
gE3Gm0h.png
DhMSzct.png

zu6ylbl.png
DbHQE0I.png
vMatX4g.png
R1JmeW4.png
TqTVxSl.png
O3FVq42.png
OEhbx76.png
FXaKG6O.png
ScCXbKR.png
tVGGpd2.png
YSQN8BG.png

PK Gaming

She's probably going to voice Rei

I wouldn't consider myself a demanding person who am I kidding, but I hope she brings her cute on, because Rei's JPN voice is hella cute.

I'm impressed, did you make that yourself?

Nanami_%289%29.png

Yes

I think

It's my edit from Hiimdaisy's P4 comic

If I was the IT I would move far away from Inaba as possible. The place is a damn hotbed for paranormal activity.

Midnight channel where people get brutally murdered in the fog
Huge tower w/ red fog causing people to disappear and the power go out
Sucked into an alternate dimension where hearing a bell ring will kill you
Midnight Internet video causing people to disappear.

Geez.

You guys hatin on Tiny Tina makes me sad. Ashly Burch voices Sasha in the English dub of Attack on Titan. So it doesn't automatically mean it'll be her Tina voice for what I'm assuming will be Rei's dub. Although Rei's voice is probably closer to Tina's than Sasha's :p

If it's for another character, then I really have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom