• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DATSU NO-GUD.

sonicsezthatsnogood1.gif

Sophia

I had some hope that it'd at least be an improvement over the original animation by virtue of having a better animation studio, 24-26 episodes to work with, and a decent director to reign in Seiji Kishi.

Obviously that's not going to be the case now.

Tamanon

Banned
I had some hope that it'd at least be an improvement over the original animation by virtue of having a better animation studio, 24-26 episodes to work with, and a decent director to reign in Seiji Kishi.

Obviously that's not going to be the case now.

To be fair, it could be multiple seasons, or not just a game adaptation.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe once Ultimax is out they can combine it and Arena into like a 12 episode anime. I would enjoy that.

I'm guessing they wouldn't have two simultaneous anime TV series going on and the P4A stage show probably fulfills some of that role, so it'd probably be a while after Ultimax comes out, if ever. But Atlus is obviously investing in various anime series these days, with P4tA (2011), P3M (2013), DS2A (2013) and P4GA (2014), so I think the prospect of a P4U (and maybe even P4U2) anime would be probable.

Oh wow my worst fears came true, 12 episodes... Maybe this won't be a retelling of the story. Who knows maybe it's just going to somehow focus on the parts that were on Golden, and assume that the audience already knows what happens in between. Just throwing some random thoughts out there :p

FluxWaveZ

Oh wow my worst fears came true, 12 episodes... Maybe this won't be a retelling of the story. Who knows maybe it's just going to somehow focus on the parts that were on Golden, and assume that the audience already knows what happens in between. Just throwing some random thoughts out there :p

Maybe that's why the announcement trailer for the anime spoiled the game's ending.

I remember reading recently from either Anime News Network or Dengeki/Famitsu that the anime was going to have an emphasis on Golden content. We all thought that was a given, but there might have been a far bigger emphasis on that than we had thought.

O_O
You know I have wonder what the hell Aniplex is smoking when they think that is a good idea to price it like that. It maybe an import, but even I have to wonder if it would just be cheaper to just import it from it Japan and not through them.

On a side note, I've been watching Paranoia Agent over the last few days and have to say it's a very good anime. And actually has a few VAs from the Persona games like Liam O'Brian, Sam Rigel, Michell Ruff, and Patrick Seltz.

biodude

Neo Member
Finally, finally beat the answer. It had some pretty cool stuff at the end. 30 hours of only grinding though was tough, took me months to beat it since it was hard making time for it after work because of the lack of wanting to grind for so long at a time. In the end it was worth it I suppose. I hope the whole "5 persona 3 movies" thing is correct and there will be a movie or two for the answer. That would be really great to see with all the fighting scenes

I didn't think there was a way for me to physically dislike Yukari as a character more until I was near the end of the answer lol

Arthos

Lol. Wonder how many have bought it....

Extremely late to the party, but I didn't know Trinity Souls had it's own version of "Memories of You".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if3HGAqFOmo

Still need to watch that Anime. I love this version of the song just as much as the original! So goooooood.

I don't know what part of Persona Q this song is from but wow, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90oGrKg2gE

The soundtrack is so good. Heard the final boss theme earlier and I love it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvTd44u6TK4

DNAbro

Lol. Wonder how many have bought it....

Still need to watch that Anime. I love this version of the song just as much as the original! So goooooood.

The soundtrack is so good. Heard the final boss theme earlier and I love it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvTd44u6TK4

yeah just started listening to it right after that last one finished. sooooo good. Only song I want to find now is the assumed ending song. I say assumed ending song, because i don't know if the game actually has one.

Lunar15

12 episodes is fine with me. We already got a whole dang anime that covered the entire game. I'd rather just have 12 solid episodes that touch on important events.

wmlk

They're gonna shoehorn Marie for 2 episodes for OTP purposes, so that means there'll be only 10 episodes to cover the entire plot...

Hype deflated. :(

DNAbro

They're gonna shoehorn Marie for 2 episodes for OTP purposes, so that means there'll be only 10 episodes to cover the entire plot...

Hype deflated. :(

lol two episodes.

We gonna get Marie introductions, Marie's social link,
Marie's disappearance, Marie's dungeon, Marie's hot spring scene, Marie's valentine present,

I guess spoiler-ish.

Finally, finally beat the answer. It had some pretty cool stuff at the end. 30 hours of only grinding though was tough, took me months to beat it since it was hard making time for it after work because of the lack of wanting to grind for so long at a time. In the end it was worth it I suppose. I hope the whole "5 persona 3 movies" thing is correct and there will be a movie or two for the answer. That would be really great to see with all the fighting scenes

I didn't think there was a way for me to physically dislike Yukari as a character more until I was near the end of the answer lol

Oh man this makes me very sad :p That being said
I think she had a very good reason for her attitude in the Answer, since the person she loved died, and the robot who got to spend his last moments alone with him, also inherited his powers.

biodude

Neo Member
Oh.

You done fucked up now boy.

In the answer, she basically
started all the fighting between friends, since mitsuru only joined with her because a promise, not that it was a good idea. Junpei was so sad sounding about having to fight me, ANYONE who forces me to fight Da Man is instantly going down on my list. For a minute there (since I was on everyone else's side), I thought we'd have to pick teams, and we'd all completely destroy Yukari. In a sad turn of events, I wound up having to power grind metis from basically nothing since I had to partner with her.

No matter how high I leveled her up back in p3p/p3fes, she was completely useless compared to mitsuru/aki/me healing, and would constantly miss. That on top of her attitude and being snobby just was a put-off.

Don't get me wrong, I really like her character design and all, but personality wise...

Meia

Oh man this makes me very sad :p That being said
I think she had a very good reason for her attitude in the Answer, since the person she loved died, and the robot who got to spend his last moments alone with him, also inherited his powers.

It was a fitting way for her arc to go.
Yukari as a person is kind of a very closed Lovers, as opposed to Rise's more open nature. She is capable of being more open, but so far the one person she was like that with was her father, and we know how well that turned out. As a point of fact, Makoto's social link helps her come to grips with everything and gets her to understand that it's ok for her to open up again...

...and then the Journey ends and Makoto also leaves her behind. No, it's 100% understandable why she is the way she is in the Answer, but you have to do some outside thinking about everything first.
P3's links required more outside thought, as opposed to P4's more "in your face" about it. Then again, that fit P4's motif of pursuing the truth, so...

Yukari is the best character in P3 and possibly the best between both P3 and P4 as far as I'm concerned.
It was a fitting way for her arc to go.
Yukari as a person is kind of a very closed Lovers, as opposed to Rise's more open nature. She is capable of being more open, but so far the one person she was like that with was her father, and we know how well that turned out. As a point of fact, Makoto's social link helps her come to grips with everything and gets her to understand that it's ok for her to open up again...

...and then the Journey ends and Makoto also leaves her behind. No, it's 100% understandable why she is the way she is in the Answer, but you have to do some outside thinking about everything first.
P3's links required more outside thought, as opposed to P4's more "in your face" about it. Then again, that fit P4's motif of pursuing the truth, so...

Y'all are good people, and yeah I was just trying to summarize Yukari, but you nailed it Meia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom