• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

So has anything new happened in the past two weeks, beyond Atlus announcing the casting changes? I could see Ashely Burch potentially working as Rei, but I'd honestly say she'd work better as Marie, assuming Eden couldn't reprise the role. I would've said she'd work really well for Margaret, but then I saw that her spot was already filled.

Also, blame Tiny Tina on her brother more than anything she really did herself. That was basically a caricature of her gone horribly wrong. I'd be surprised if she didn't have any input, especially since the character was written with her in mind, but Anthony Burch wrote that character almost by himself.

Also, a preemptive hello to any new folks, provided GAF was kind enough to approve them in my absence.

biodude

Neo Member
Oh man this makes me very sad :p That being said
I think she had a very good reason for her attitude in the Answer, since the person she loved died, and the robot who got to spend his last moments alone with him, also inherited his powers.

It was a fitting way for her arc to go.
Yukari as a person is kind of a very closed Lovers, as opposed to Rise's more open nature. She is capable of being more open, but so far the one person she was like that with was her father, and we know how well that turned out. As a point of fact, Makoto's social link helps her come to grips with everything and gets her to understand that it's ok for her to open up again...

...and then the Journey ends and Makoto also leaves her behind. No, it's 100% understandable why she is the way she is in the Answer, but you have to do some outside thinking about everything first.
P3's links required more outside thought, as opposed to P4's more "in your face" about it. Then again, that fit P4's motif of pursuing the truth, so...

It was fitting, I actually wouldn't have expected much different in the answer with her arc.
I just personally wasn't a fan of her character/attitude with everything (during school, towards others, etc.) and I really disliked having to fight everyone else despite wanting to side with them- with the reason being because of her.
Again, its all fitting for her character, and I'm not really saying she's a bad character in terms of story, but it just irked me

Also I bet her chocolate cake tasted stale

It was fitting, I actually wouldn't have expected much different in the answer with her arc.
I just personally wasn't a fan of her character/attitude with everything (during school, towards others, etc.) and I really disliked having to fight everyone else despite wanting to side with them- with the reason being because of her.
Again, its all fitting for her character, and I'm not really saying she's a bad character in terms of story, but it just irked me

Also I bet her chocolate cake tasted stale

Oh I understand. The problem is you don't care for Yukari, but you like Da Man, I'm torn here lol.
It was probably better than Fuuka's

PK Gaming

Man, I don't have to energy to write up an impassionate post about how awesome Yukari is, but she's easily in the top 3 for Persona 3 characters. She's just so damn good ♪

Metis, on the other hand, is a lame goober and forcing a character on you late in an RPG without shared experience is always terrible game design.

biodude

Neo Member
Metis is mvp. Neo Orgia Mode? Two Elements? I used her from the start!

Who ended up being on your main party?

Mitsuru, Aki, Junpei was my dream team for a while

For awhile I found Metis to be quite annoying, but had her in my team early on. After spending the time being forced to re-grind her, she's not so bad

In the very end, I went with aki, metis, and junpei- which did a good job since I just spent a bunch of time getting metis to everyone elses level.

PK Gaming

Forcing you to use Metis was lame, but she's arguably the best party member in all of Persona. (Maybe second to P4G Yukiko)

Her orgia mode is hilariously overpowered

biodude

Neo Member
Oh I understand. The problem is you don't care for Yukari, but you like Da Man, I'm torn here lol.
It was probably better than Fuuka's

She was always breaking Junpei's balls even though he's top tier, just another reason to throw on the pile lol
She did get him good with that Stupei remark though, wind burn

Also I didn't do Fuuka's S-link yet, something to do with cooking I think? I think she's an adorable character and like her as battle help, despite what others say.
Her cookies or whatever probably taste 10x better than yukari's moldy cake

Oh man this makes me very sad :p That being said
I think she had a very good reason for her attitude in the Answer, since the person she loved died, and the robot who got to spend his last moments alone with him, also inherited his powers.
It was a fitting way for her arc to go.
Yukari as a person is kind of a very closed Lovers, as opposed to Rise's more open nature. She is capable of being more open, but so far the one person she was like that with was her father, and we know how well that turned out. As a point of fact, Makoto's social link helps her come to grips with everything and gets her to understand that it's ok for her to open up again...

...and then the Journey ends and Makoto also leaves her behind. No, it's 100% understandable why she is the way she is in the Answer, but you have to do some outside thinking about everything first.
P3's links required more outside thought, as opposed to P4's more "in your face" about it. Then again, that fit P4's motif of pursuing the truth, so...
Yukari is the best character in P3 and possibly the best between both P3 and P4 as far as I'm concerned.
Man, I don't have to energy to write up an impassionate post about how awesome Yukari is, but she's easily in the top 3 for Persona 3 characters. She's just so damn good ♪

I love you guys.

She was always breaking Junpei's balls even though he's top tier, just another reason to throw on the pile lol

To be fair, most of the times she did that was because Junpei annoyed her.

DNAbro

Metis, on the other hand, is a lame goober and forcing a character on you late in an RPG without shared experience is always terrible game design.

I don't think anyone has ever said Metis was a good character.

Also Yukari is all right. Never really hated or liked her either way.

Heh, my least favorite character from P3. I really hated her voice and attitude. But since she was so OP and since I saw a battle with only Aigis and Metis in the opening of the game, I expected I was forced to use her so I used her since the beginning and luckily didn't have to grind extra time.

biodude

Neo Member
I love you guys.

To be fair, most of the times she did that was because Junpei annoyed her.

As a magician fan though, you must understand my pain right?
Junpei tries hard with his sweet hat and hard hitting bat- operation babe hunt would have been a natural success if it wasn't for everyone else dragging him down, and yukari just being there on the island in general.

Junpei wasn't actually annoying her, but she just didn't know how to express her true feelings to him
(so he can shut her down later)

I'm exhausted I'm going to bed lol

Yukari's social link is indeed amazing. Like someone said earlier P3 has a lot of stuff going on in it's story occurring "under the hood". Yukari is a really deep character, and it is only emphasized in the Answer.

biodude

Neo Member
Heh, my least favorite character from P3. I really hated her voice and attitude. But since she was so OP and since I saw a battle with only Aigis and Metis in the opening of the game, I expected I was forced to use her so I used her since the beginning and luckily didn't have to grind extra time.

Also I should have seen this coming , I didn't actually think they'd force me to use her though the way they did. In the first few hours I focused mainly on her in my party to get her leveled up for what might come later, but dropped her since her voice/ lines kinda got on my nerves. Wound up having to grind for a few hours near the end because of this though

Now going to bed

Also, blame Tiny Tina on her brother more than anything she really did herself. That was basically a caricature of her gone horribly wrong. I'd be surprised if she didn't have any input, especially since the character was written with her in mind, but Anthony Burch wrote that character almost by himself.

Can you believe he actually was nominated for a D.I.C.E. award for writing her.

After hearing her as Sasha I'm sure she's a good voice actress, so long as she's actually voice acting and not acting as her online persona.

Nachos

Can you believe he actually was nominated for a D.I.C.E. award for writing her.

After hearing her as Sasha I'm sure she's a good voice actress, so long as she's actually voice acting and not acting as her online persona.

Well, comedy's such a subjective thing that I'm really not too surprised that someone liked her, but I really don't get the appeal at all. I've seemingly been growing more and more ambivalent towards Anthony by the day, but I really do think his talents would be better-utilized in a consultancy position, irrespective of Borderlands' supposed quality (or lack thereof).

I don't want to be talking smack about him so much, though, and I do hope he's been taking the feedback to heart. Writing for amateur videos is chump change compared to writing in any official capacity, so I wouldn't be surprised if the transition was a bumpy one.

wmlk

I have a feeling Marie will be present most of the time.

Yeah, but they're probably gonna dedicate whole episodes to her.

2 Episodes? pfftt, she's gonna get more screentime than the main cast sans Yu.

I meant episodes dedicated to her. She's probably gonna be in every episode.

I just wanted to say that I do not like Marie and this will probably make me like her much less.

Xenoflare

So has anything new happened in the past two weeks, beyond Atlus announcing the casting changes? I could see Ashely Burch potentially working as Rei, but I'd honestly say she'd work better as Marie, assuming Eden couldn't reprise the role. I would've said she'd work really well for Margaret, but then I saw that her spot was already filled.

Also, a preemptive hello to any new folks, provided GAF was kind enough to approve them in my absence.

Hold on, I thought cast changes are already final? I cannot take another swap :(

Setsu00

yeah just started listening to it right after that last one finished. sooooo good. Only song I want to find now is the assumed ending song. I say assumed ending song, because i don't know if the game actually has one.

There is one, it's a duet between Yumi Kawamura and Shihoko Hirata.

While we're on it, Shihoko Hirata has cleared Persona Q recently. I wonder what it feels like to play a game while constantly hearing yourself singing during battles.

Amen.

Yukari is my favourite social link in the series and also my favourite female character.
I kind of want Minato to come back just for her

Waking up to a lot of news.

Ashly burch as Rei? Shes a good actress so this could well be a good fit. Say what you like about tiny Tina but that character was designed annoying and OTT, don't take that as how she will portray Rei because I can see her doing a good job in Q.

12 episode golden anime? This is going to be rushed! People saying that it will maybe be s.link based, I think the opposite. I get the feeling it will be core story and Marie only, no links outside of the core group. 12 episodes ain't enough to cover all of the content, old and new, that golden has to offer.

Also, NIS America EU store opens today, so us Europeans can pre order the Q special edition if we so please.

AND, it looks like that ultimax fight stick may well be getting sold outside Japan. No confirmation on this yet, but it's looking likely.

P4G anime is only going to be 12 episodes!?

YESSSSSSSSs

P4 anime was way too long and dragged out. However, I've heard P4G is going ti start from the beginning and now I'm worried its going to be rushed or missing content -___-

Why couldn't they just make a 12 episode anime on the new content.

Lemstar

Some keychains came in. Let me know if you're interested in buying one or something.

wFeAGQF.png

Dantis

Ah, good point.

You seem predisposed to hate Rei, but if she's cute like PK is saying, I'm ready to place my bet on you not liking her, haha.

Edit:

Tiny Tina sucks, categorically.

Ash sounds pretty good in that AoT clip.

I don't seem predisposed to hate Rei, actually. I had assumed I'd like her until now.

If she's all cutesy I won't do though. I'm not into cute things.

You're the only person, I think. One cour almost certainly means they're half-assing this.
Ha! You've turned on this quick. :p

Extremely late to the party, but I didn't know Trinity Souls had it's own version of "Memories of You".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if3HGAqFOmo

It doesn't. This never plays in Trinity Soul and isn't on the soundtrack.

It's a cover by Shuhei Kita on one of his singles (Breaking Through, I think).

Nice to see all the Yukari love.

So P4AG is 12 episodes? I thought they were recycling stuff from the first show and throwing in more scenes, maybe bringing the whole thing to 28 episodes or something.
So I guess this will focus mostly on Marie to avoid retreading the same ground already covered in the first show.

You're the only person, I think. One cour almost certainly means they're half-assing this.

The fact that it was announced out of the blue with a relatively soon release date left me a bit skeptical from the get-go. But as some have said, if the anime is only focusing on the 'Golden' moments, then I can understand the 12 episodes.

Personally I would of preferred a 2 episode OVA or something along those lines.

It doesn't. This never plays in Trinity Soul and isn't on the soundtrack.

It's a cover by Shuhei Kita on one of his singles (Breaking Through, I think).

Yep. it was on the OP single.

tumblr_n814l9yaNS1t46pjso1_400.jpg

I was browsing some music and came across this; completely forgot about it.

tumblr_n814q5EST61t46pjso1_500.jpg

It is horrible and frustrating to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGbPNcBxVI

biodude

Neo Member
Good morning PersonaGaf

I was actually a bit surprised to see all the Yukari love here, almost everyone I know is the total opposite lol

I remember seeing those little key chains at the last con I went to, I nabbed one of the Chie ones at the time.
Very dissapointed that there was barely any P3 love there at the selling booths, they didn't even have key chains. I'm sure with all the new p3 movies and hype, they'll have some more good stuff next time

Mmmm... nothing like waking up and seeing Yukari love in the thread. And I didn't even need to go fetch my write-up about her!

I knew there was a reason I love you guys. ;D

In other news, P4GA being 12 episodes does make me wonder about what the format will be. The whole New Game+ theory seems a lot more legit now than it did before; if nothing else, I think we can assume that they won't be retelling the whole story again.

Either that, or as someone mentioned, this is only the first season. But I don't think that's likely.

I was browsing some music and came across this; completely forgot about it.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/9af1ab1cb107a5e1e642981a3370262b/tumblr_n814q5EST61t46pjso1_500.jpg
It is horrible and frustrating to listen to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGbPNcBxVI
Really frustrating. I was so excited to find out Shinji Hosoe and Nobuyoshi Sano arranged MegaTen music but the album turned out to be such a dump. Nice 20-second loops with the awkward presence of dialogue.

Kssio_Aug

Im gonna start my 2nd playthrough of P4G now. Will try go for platinum trophy this time. I have some questions though:

1-Other then Adachi is there some S. Link I should pay special attention?

2-Are there any tip for Hardcore Risette Fan trohpy? Because that one seems hard as hell to get.

3-Any missable book I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Good morning PersonaGaf

I was actually a bit surprised to see all the Yukari love here, almost everyone I know is the total opposite lol

I remember seeing those little key chains at the last con I went to, I nabbed one of the Chie ones at the time.
Very dissapointed that there was barely any P3 love there at the selling booths, they didn't even have key chains. I'm sure with all the new p3 movies and hype, they'll have some more good stuff next time

Tbh, i like Yukari's character and development but i don't like her being paired with Makoto. Gonna try avoid starting waifu wars being what they are, but i like Aigis's development more throughout journey and the Answer and like her being paired with Makoto more, not to discredit Yukari at all.

Im gonna start my 2nd playthrough of P4G now. Will try go for platinum trophy this time. I have some questions though:

1-Other then Adachi is there some S. Link I should pay special attention?

2-Are there any tip for Hardcore Risette Fan trohpy? Because that one seems hard as hell to get.

3-Any missable book I should be aware of?

Thanks!

1. Marie is the only other slink with a time limit on it so far as I know.

2. Die. Seriously, that's how I got the trophy, make sure each character dies a few times each, including the MC. This may seem counter productive but trust me on this one.

3. Yep, there are loads of books and a fair few that are missable. I would refer to a guide for this as well.

biodude

Neo Member
Tbh, i like Yukari's character and development but i don't like her being paired with Makoto. Gonna try avoid starting waifu wars being what they are, but i like Aigis's development more throughout journey and the Answer and like her being paired with Makoto more, not to discredit Yukari at all.

That's one of my main reasons as well, with Yukari. Char development wise she's good, but I feel the lover's arcana is forced in both p3/p4. I understand this because of being the "lovers", but still if you don't care for Yukari much/ don't get involved with her in p3,
she's suddenly all emotional about him either way in the answer like her life depended on it, enough to cause a big conflict with everyone. It just felt out of place to me personally since I wasn't a fan of her stuck up attitude during my journey play though (in p3p I finished her s-link, but didn't plan to do so in the journey.) , so it didn't have a big emotional effect on me in the answer with her.

Completely agree with you about Aigis

Kssio_Aug

1. Marie is the only other slink with a time limit on it so far as I know.

2. Die. Seriously, that's how I got the trophy, make sure each character dies a few times each, including the MC. This may seem counter productive but trust me on this one.

3. Yep, there are loads of books and a fair few that are missable. I would refer to a guide for this as well.

And Nanako & Dojima.

Ok! Thanks!! =)

Nanako, Dojima and Marie are easy to accomplish, since theyre avaiable almost everyday before december. But Adachi seems to be more peculiar, I'll try to find a guide for him.

About the books, I may use the faq at gamfaqs then, and it seems that I should choose soccer this time to avoid a problem for this one!

Now, that Risette Hardcore Fun, I hope the phrases transfer over NG+, it would make life easier. I mean, I had 90 hours on my 1st playthrough and wasnt able yo get this trophy. Anyway, thats probably because I used the same party from the start till the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom