• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

biodude

Neo Member
How many hours on average does it take to complete persona 4, and how many for golden?
I think I'm pushing around 50-60 right now and I feel I'm getting "close" to completing the game.

Spoilers:

I'm at the heaven boss right now, I know there's something to do with Adachi a little later on due to being spoiled, but luckily its not all completely spoiled. Also, what's the best way to beat that heaven boss? I've died a handful of times and none of my current strategies are working. I can always grind more I suppose, but I think I might run out of time (its been around a week or so since I started heaven (in-game time). How long do you have before the game ends due to time?

Sophia

How many hours on average does it take to complete persona 4, and how many for golden?
I think I'm pushing around 50-60 right now and I feel I'm getting "close" to completing the game.

Spoilers:

I'm at the heaven boss right now, I know there's something to do with Adachi a little later on due to being spoiled, but luckily its not all completely spoiled. Also, what's the best way to beat that heaven boss? I've died a handful of times and none of my current strategies are working. I can always grind more I suppose, but I think I might run out of time (its been around a week or so since I started heaven (in-game time). How long do you have before the game ends due to time?

There are potentially two more dungeons after Heaven. Three if you're playing Golden and meet the requirements for Hollow Forest. The deadline for Heaven is November 20 and the dungeon boss is level 65, so you should be within five levels of it

biodude

Neo Member
Awesome, didn't know I'd have that many after. I'll re-check my level tonight, If I remember correctly I shouldn't be too far off. Thanks

Kssio_Aug

Spoilers:

Yeah, that fight is kind tricky. Get a level 60 persona that have "Makarakarn" skill and that will make your life much easier there. Im forgot the name of the persona, but Im sure he is a level 60 one (is a skeleton). I will hide my tips with spoiler tag, just in case that no one read it if its not intended to:

Also, I would recommend that everytime he changes his pattern, you should defend with everyone just to see what magic power he will use. Then, keep guarding with the party member that is weak to that element, and keep hitting him with the others. This specific element will also be his weekness (thats why makarakarn will make things a lot easier, since will reflect his damage agains himself).

Keep MC healthy, and when he control all your party you can only do 2 things: pray and guard! Its just 2 turns, but its really very dangerous. What I did when I got there was to guard once, and restore my life on the second time, but I almost lost the fight there (and it was my 5th try or something).

Spoilers:

I believe it took me around 75hrs to beat the game on my first playthrough, just like P3P.

biodude

Neo Member
Yeah, that fight is kind tricky. Get a level 60 persona that have "Makarakarn" skill and that will make your life much easier there. Im forgot the name of the persona, but Im sure he is a level 60 one (is a skeleton). I will hide my tips with spoiler tag, just in case that no one read it if its not intended to:

Also, I would recommend that everytime he changes his pattern, you should defend with everyone just to see what magic power he will use. Then, keep guarding with the party member that is weak to that element, and keep hitting him with the others. This specific element will also be his weekness (thats why makarakarn will make things a lot easier, since will reflect his damage agains himself).

Keep MC healthy, and when he control all your party you can only do 2 things: pray and guard! Its just 2 turns, but its really very dangerous. What I did when I got there was to guard once, and restore my life on the second time, but I almost lost the fight there (and it was my 5th try or something).

Alright, sounds good- this week I'll give it another go. Hopefully I'll be able to fuse that persona with makarakarn.

Mdesilva

Some keychains came in. Let me know if you're interested in buying one or something.

wFeAGQF.png
Prices? And where'd you get them? :O

biodude

Neo Member
If you've ranked up the Tower link, you can level up Mara who has Makarakarn and Phys Absorb~

Wait, Mara is in Persona 4, and I can make him at lvl 60-65? This is life changing if yes.
Darn nevermind, I didn't start the tower link, never thought about doing the tutoring...

I'll have to keep that in mind on my golden playthrough, mara is the one persona I wanted to but couldn't make in portable since I never maxed the s-link needed for him (was unaware previously)

Sophia

Wait, Mara is in Persona 4, and I can make him at lvl 60-65? This is life changing if yes.
Darn nevermind, I didn't start the tower link, never thought about doing the tutoring...

I'll have to keep that in mind on my golden playthrough, mara is the one persona I wanted to but couldn't make in portable since I never maxed the s-link needed for him (was unaware previously)

Mara is level 62, and the Tower social link is not required to make him. You'll have to level him up two levels to 64 to get Makarakarn however. As you won't get any bonus XP.

Kssio_Aug

Mara is level 62, and the Tower social link is not required to make him. You'll have to level him up two levels to 64 to get Makarakarn however. As you won't get any bonus XP.

Theres another one who have Makarakarn, and its a level 60 persona, so maybe it will be easier.

Sophia

Theres another one who have Makarakarn, and its a level 60 persona, so maybe it will be easier.

Daisoujou. Level 60 of the Hierophant arcana, and comes with it innately. Also a pretty good Persona in general thanks to blocking two elements (Fire and Light) and good stats.

biodude

Neo Member

That's great, I think in p3p you had to max a s-link to be able to make one persona that was needed to fuse him.

Finally my dream will come true of fusing mara

biodude

Neo Member
I think I actually might have Dai, I'll get back to you about it when I get home tonight.

Unrelated, but would anyone happen to know the location for the Evoker fire sound/ which character files are which in the persona 3 fes files? I extracted all the files from my game disk and I've been having a hard time sorting through them. I went through all the sound effects folder and couldn't find it. I think it might be in the individual character's voice sets, but everything is numbered and I don't know where to start (there are hundreds).

The reason I ask this is because my Evoker Mk.2 has plans for a possible speaker to play the fire sound of the evoker when you pull the trigger (along with the barrel lighting up), and I can't seem to find the sound anywhere.

Andrefpvs

So for me that will be:

Pokémon ORAS
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
Persona Q

And I'm sure there's one other game I wanted that I'm forgetting.

All coming out at the same time in Europe. My wallet won't be able to take this. I'll have to choose :(

Ingram

70 + 20 pounds shipping for PQ delivered to Australia. Translates to pretty much $200 bucks. What. The. Fuck?

Cost $90 shipped from Amazon...

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
That's one of my main reasons as well, with Yukari. Char development wise she's good, but I feel the lover's arcana is forced in both p3/p4. I understand this because of being the "lovers", but still if you don't care for Yukari much/ don't get involved with her in p3,
she's suddenly all emotional about him either way in the answer like her life depended on it, enough to cause a big conflict with everyone. It just felt out of place to me personally since I wasn't a fan of her stuck up attitude during my journey play though (in p3p I finished her s-link, but didn't plan to do so in the journey.) , so it didn't have a big emotional effect on me in the answer with her.

Completely agree with you about Aigis

P3/answer spoilers

Yeah, IMO Aigis's feelings for Makoto are far far stronger then Yukari's but start out based on guilt and unknown feelings that she can't figure out. As the game progresses and her heart evolves the feelings of guilt are replaced with general love and affection for Makoto to the point she wishes she didn't evolve a human heart because the pain of loosing Makoto was too much for her. Her S.L further reinforces this as well as her selfless devotion to Makoto.

As for Yukari, i do believe she did love him but not for the right reasons due to all the stress and pain her mother has given her as well as her beloved father being taken away from her. These actively made her very closed off to everyone to the point she would not let anyone in because of the fear of loss and potential risk of becoming like her mother which she dispised so much.

The moment Yukari found out Makoto was similar to her in terms of losing loved ones she thought he could relate to her and because of this he was the only one she thought could understand her. Now what about Yukari and her confession in the Answer. Taking into consideration that Makoto was the second person in her life she ever loved after loosing her father and locking herself away, she suddenly lost him too. At this point she is heartbroken, confused and angry mostly asking:

Why do i lose the ones i love? it's not fair.

This once she found out she could see him again was enough to fight against everyone she cares for to see him again.

However having said all that i don't think this is any excuse for her behaviour towards her friends and potentially endangering the entire planet on her personal issues.

Overall i honestly believe that Makoto was more of a replacement for her father then an actual lover so to speak. Which is why i always felt it was always one sided from Yukari. Then again Aigis's love for Makoto was probably one sided to start but i believe Makoto saw past her robotic form in the end and saw Aigis as more human then anyone else (in parallel with her growth and development)
Anyway thats just my opinion....

sjack

Banned
P3/answer spoilers

Yeah, IMO Aigis's feelings for Makoto are far far stronger then Yukari's but start out based on guilt and unknown feelings that she can't figure out. As the game progresses and her heart evolves the feelings of guilt are replaced with general love and affection for Makoto to the point she wishes she didn't evolve a human heart because the pain of loosing Makoto was too much for her. Her S.L further reinforces this as well as her selfless devotion to Makoto.

As for Yukari, i do believe she did love him but not for the right reasons due to all the stress and pain her mother has given her as well as her beloved father being taken away from her. These actively made her very closed off to everyone to the point she would not let anyone in because of the fear of loss and potential risk of becoming like her mother which she dispised so much.

The moment Yukari found out Makoto was similar to her in terms of losing loved ones she thought he could relate to her and because of this he was the only one she thought could understand her. Now what about Yukari and her confession in the Answer. Taking into consideration that Makoto was the second person in her life she ever loved after loosing her father and locking herself away, she suddenly lost him too. At this point she is heartbroken, confused and angry mostly asking:

This once she found out she could see him again was enough to fight against everyone she cares for to see him again.

However having said all that i don't think this is any excuse for her behaviour towards her friends and potentially endangering the entire planet on her personal issues.

Overall i honestly believe that Makoto was more of a replacement for her father then an actual lover so to speak. Which is why i always felt it was always one sided from Yukari. Then again Aigis's love for Makoto was probably one sided to start but i believe Makoto saw past her robotic form in the end and saw Aigis as more human then anyone else (in parallel with her growth and development)

yeah fuck yukari

Setsu00

P3/answer spoilers

So your statement essentially boils down to:

Aigis' love is based on guilt.
Yukari's love is based on the feeling that Makoto is the only one that understands her.

Don't get me wrong I feel like it doesn't matter what love is based on as long as your feelings are genuine, but this is kinda stupid. If I were to "judge" their reasons (which, again, is weird), Yukari's got the better reason to love Makoto.

Sophia

Wait. So instead of it being a code included with first print copies, they're simply only going to make it available for the first week?

I'd rather have the voucher. You'd be able to find that for far longer than a week.

I'd rather not have any of this stupid first print shit at all. It's just getting more and more convoluted.

That title is brilliant! Also in that gallery, the colour scheme 17 has to be a reference to the Joker right? And 7 is Hazama?

Also, that story quote! Oh this is going to be gooooood!

$6 + shipping each.

I get them from China. It's a fair bit cheaper than paying $15 for a random one or however much they cost on Amazon.

I'll take two if you dont mind. Doesnt matter which ones, just let me know how much it will be including shipping and how I can pay you, then I'll get you all the info you need and the money.

kewlmyc

That title is brilliant! Also in that gallery, the colour scheme 17 has to be a reference to the Joker right? And 7 is Hazama?

Also, that story quote! Oh this is going to be gooooood!

I'll take two if you dont mind. Doesnt matter which ones, just let me know how much it will be including shipping and how I can pay you, then I'll get you all the info you need and the money.

17 is indeed the Joker, he even has a super pale face in that alt. 7 is Terumi from BBCP, not Hazama.
Yeah I know they're kinda the same person, :p

Wait. So instead of it being a code included with first print copies, they're simply only going to make it available for the first week?

I'd rather have the voucher. You'd be able to find that for far longer than a week.

I'd rather not have any of this stupid first print shit at all. It's just getting more and more convoluted.

Sounds like it'll be a free code in first-print copies, then paid DLC like what they did with the Arena DLC. Seems like pretty standard first-print DLC stuff...

Sophia

Yeah, I think so too. I wonder how much will it cost after the first week.

Probably $7.99, the same as it was for BlazBlue.

Sounds like it'll be a free code in first-print copies, then paid DLC like what they did with the Arena DLC. Seems like pretty standard first-print DLC stuff...

The article at Gematsu doesn't say that at all. It's very explicit about it being the first week only. I'd rather have a code voucher because at least those can be found beyond a week for newcomers.

FluxWaveZ

7 is Terumi, more specifically (I think someone already had a Hazama alt color).

That's what I think it'll be. That's what makes the most sense.

OFFICIAL NEWS FROM ATLUS ABOUT REGION LOCK!

"no word yet on the region-lock" - Atlusprime on /r/megaten

This is getting to be a joke now. I know its no-one's fault but I wish a decision would be made.

FluxWaveZ

The article at Gematsu doesn't say that at all. It's very explicit about it being the first week only. I'd rather have a code voucher because at least those can be found beyond a week for newcomers.

But if it's straight up free for everyone for the first week, what's stopping anyone from downloading the DLC off of PSN or XBL without even owning the game?

This is getting to be a joke now. I know its no-one's fault but I wish a decision would be made.

Yeah, John Hardin stated that he should hopefully get an update on that this week, but we'll see. Atlus shouldn't underestimate the effect them doing this once again could have.

Sophia

But if it's straight up free for everyone for the first week, what's stopping anyone from downloading the DLC off of PSN or XBL without even owning the game?

It's the people who are unaware of the DLC being only free for a week that is the issue. Obviously we all know, but not everyone does. A voucher in the game copy would allow them to get it free later down the line. But this screws them out for not being constantly up to date on the news.

Between the first run DLC and the region locking issue, it's all just kind of disheartening.

Zareka

Oh man, [Redacted]'s localised title is golden.

C'mon Atlus, don't be dumb. They can't possibly still think this would be a good idea.

"Atlus has confirmed that the
Tohru Adachi
character downloadable content for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will be available free for the first week after launch in North and South America.

After the first week,
Adachi and his Persona Magatsu-Izanagi
will revert to paid downloadable content.
"

I think it's pretty explicit that the DLC will be available after the first week.

EDIT: Yeah, re-reading it does sound like it won't be a code. Still, I don't think it'll be a big deal to locate it on the store when it's free, even if you don't already own the game.

Sophia

"Atlus has confirmed that the
Tohru Adachi
character downloadable content for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will be available free for the first week after launch in North and South America.

After the first week,
Adachi and his Persona Magatsu-Izanagi
will revert to paid downloadable content.
"

I think it's pretty explicit that the DLC will be available after the first week.

I'm referring to it (not) being a code, which is what you said in the post I quoted. Not in regards to it being free. Obviously we know that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom