• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

It's the people who are unaware of the DLC being only free for a week that is the issue. Obviously we all know, but not everyone does. A voucher in the game copy would allow them to get it free later down the line. But this screws them out for not being constantly up to date on the news.

Oh. I guess I don't really see the difference between that or the physical vouchers that would probably run out relatively quickly anyways. If this is how it seems, it'll probably benefit even more people than the first-print copy strategy as people will be able to download the DLC and: get the game whenever they want to, borrow the game from a friend, buy the game used, rent the game, etc. all while having access to the DLC without buying P4AU asap.

FluxWaveZ

No region lock, dual audio/subtitles still in please. Hope they wouldn't remove the later two due to fears over reverse importers.

They literally can't remove dual audio when it comes to in-game battle VA because that would cause online region compatibility issues.

Sophia

Oh. I guess I don't really see the difference between that or the physical vouchers that would probably run out relatively quickly anyways. If this is how it seems,it'll probably benefit even more people than the first-print copy strategy as people will be able to download the DLC and: get the game whenever they want to, borrow the game from a friend, buy the game used, rent the game, etc. all while having access to the game without buying it asap.

I guess. The problem with first run DLC (regardless of the method of delivery) is that it's a double edge sword. It encourages early buyers, but can discourage buyers down the line. Atlus titles have typically been slow burners, and they've always been pretty good at encouraging early buyers without locking game content like this. Taking into the account the fragile nature and life span of the average fighting game today, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to lock content out like this.

Yeah, my apologies, I misread your original post.

No worries!

DLC guy takes up the middle random slot, so I'll bet he's the last character. Also, in his win quote against Minazuki, he says that they're 'both' losers. I guess Sho fails at something in the story and is replaced by Minazuki?

Bravo to Atlus USA for coming up with the pun
Dick = Detective

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, but that wouldn't have anything to do with it. Blazblue had dual audio just for battles.

What do you mean? Even BBCP had the English voices in the Japanese version when the localized version was only released months later. I'm pretty sure ASW has stated that that's part of how they design their online infrastructure.

Or you're saying exactly what I said.

I miss the cabbage part of his title, at least that Joker alt. is amazing lol I really hope he comes out with a code since I don't have online for my PS3 because huuh for some reasons.

Sophia

I miss the cabbage part of his title, at least that Joker alt. is amazing lol I really hope he comes out with a code since I don't have online for my PS3 because huuh for some reasons.

You're not playing as him regardless if you don't have online. How do you intend to redeem a code for the online store if you can't connect to it?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
To clarify, there is no pack-in voucher code or anything. It'll will show up as DLC on XBL and PSN for free the first week. Then back to paid. Haven't heard about how much it'll be paid. :\

And yeah, I know I know. Trying to figure out what's going on with the region locking situation; thanks for being patient*. <3

*internet patient, which means everyone waits for 2-3 minutes before sharpening the pitchforks instead of going for them straight away.

A code would require Internet too. If you plan to eventually get your PS3 online, when the DLC comes out, go to this Web page and add it to your queue. It'll automatically be downloaded the next time you're online with the PS3, and it'll lock in the free price.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
yeah fuck yukari

Erm .... not quite what i was saying

So your statement essentially boils down to:

Aigis' love is based on guilt.
Yukari's love is based on the feeling that Makoto is the only one that understands her.

Don't get me wrong I feel like it doesn't matter what love is based on as long as your feelings are genuine, but this is kinda stupid. If I were to "judge" their reasons (which, again, is weird), Yukari's got the better reason to love Makoto.

1) I said it begins out of guilt but evolves in genuine affection as she develops her human emotions. It's better to say her early robot side was guilt driven whilst her latter human side was purely emotion driven.

2) Yeah it actually is (not taking s.links into account), yakushima beach moment is about this, it's why she lashes out at you when she believes you think you know how she feels until she remembers Makoto lost his parents.

3) Yukari's got the better reason to love Makoto - That's your opinion which i don't agree with but i would like to hear your reasons for this and why you think Aigis doesn't have an equal reason to love him.

Mdesilva

What do you mean? Even BBCP had the English voices in the Japanese version when the localized version was only released months later. I'm pretty sure ASW has stated that that's part of how they design their online infrastructure.

Or you're saying exactly what I said.
I thought when he said dual audio it applied to story as well. Sorry!

Sophia

To clarify, there is no pack-in voucher code or anything. It'll will show up as DLC on XBL and PSN for free the first week. Then back to paid. Haven't heard about how much it'll be paid. :\

And yeah, I know I know. Trying to figure out what's going on with the region locking situation; thanks for being patient*. <3

*internet patient, which means everyone waits for 2-3 minutes before sharpening the pitchforks instead of going for them straight away.

Thanks for clarifying. All of you at Atlus USA are the best, especially for all the stuff you have to put up with. Hopefully the region locking situation ends well for everyone.

Setsu00

1) I said it begins out of guilt but evolves in genuine affection as she develops her human emotions. It's better to say her early robot side was guilt driven whilst her latter human side was purely emotion driven.

2) Yeah it actually is (not taking s.links into account), yakushima beach moment is about this, it's why she lashes out at you when she believes you think you know how she feels until she remembers Makoto lost his parents.

3) Yukari's got the better reason to love Makoto - That's your opinion which i don't agree with but i would like to hear your reasons for this and why you think Aigis doesn't have an equal reason to love him.

I don't deny 1) and 2). In fact I mostly agree with them.

First of all let me say again that I don't think the reason why you love somebody matters. What counts (at least to me) is that your feelings are honest, and this is were pre-character development Aigis is severly lacking. Aigis feels guilty for Makoto's past and wants to protect him to make up for what she's done. Aigis doesn't do what she does out of love, but out of regret and guilt.

Yukari however feels that Makoto truly understands her (as implied by the scene you mentioned), and this feeling starts to develop into love. If I were to judge those reasons for hanging around with somebody, I'd say that Yukari's reason seems more natural to me.

European NISA store is open now for any fellow Euro Persona fans.

http://store.nisaeurope.com/

Persona Q listed as November 28th release date too.
They could have called it NISA UK.
The DanganRonpa 2 Limited Edition would end up costing me 90&#8364;, 20 of which for international shipping. The American store is probably chaper, but it seems like as of right now you can't order from there anymore if you don't live in the US.
Also, the prices are way too expensive for the UK too. I really don't understand why they thought this would be a good idea.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
I don't deny 1) and 2). In fact I mostly agree with them.

First of all let me say again that I don't think the reason why you love somebody matters. What counts (at least to me) is that your feelings are honest, and this is were pre-character development Aigis is severly lacking. Aigis feels guilty for Makoto's past and wants to protect him to make up for what she's done. Aigis doesn't do what she does out of love, but out of regret and guilt.

Yukari however feels that Makoto truly understands her (as implied by the scene you mentioned), and this feeling starts to develop into love. If I were to judge those reasons for hanging around with somebody, I'd say that Yukari's reason seems more natural to me.

"Aigis feels guilty for Makoto's past and wants to protect him to make up for what she's done. Aigis doesn't do what she does out of love, but out of regret and guilt."

This i agree with up until a certain point in the story where at that point this no longer stands true (roughly november time). After november she begins her development into her human heart which her genuine feelings of love and affection grow in parallel with this. Guilt of his past is no longer a factor for her love at this point as she faced that guilt for that when she tried to kill ryoji in november.

Yukari's would seem more natural due to her advantage of being human. Aigis has to develop to that stage before she can bond with Makoto like that..

Nap1400

Hold up. If it's free DLC for the first week, does that mean you could theoretically download the DLC before you even buy the game?

Nachos

Hold on, I thought cast changes are already final? I cannot take another swap :(
We have no idea. Even if the recordings are already done, there's no way to know the full cast until every character gets accounted for by their respective actors or we get the game in our hands.

That title is awful. Oh man.
Why? I am curious as to why, becuase I think it fits the character way more than any silly cabbage joke and the Dick = jerk and Dick = Detective thing is really clever.

I have to side with Inorigo on this. I get what they were going for, but taken as a whole, it just reads like word salad that would never pop up in natural speech in a million years (kind of like a lot of the titles, really). It's got mixed connotations out the butt, because anyone who would use "dick" as slang for a detective isn't going to bother with the formality of throwing a "police" qualifier in there. They'd much sooner give that person the bird.

In that sense, it just reads like it doesn't know if it wants to be formal or informal, which is clearly an unintended effect. Had it not been used as a joke in P3, I really think "Ace Defective" would have worked as a better substitute.

I really wish they reworked the cultural connotations of the vegetable aspect into the title, too.

FluxWaveZ

In that sense, it just reads like it doesn't know if it wants to be formal or informal, which is clearly an unintended effect.

I have a feeling that was the intended effect. The man behind the title could probably attest to the issue.

And I think "Ace Defective" would be leagues behind the one they came up with.

it's obvious it's supposed to read both ways. that is the joke itself.

And that's part of what makes it great.

DNAbro

We have no idea. Even if the recordings are already done, there's no way to know the full cast until every character gets accounted for by their respective actors or we get the game in our hands.

I have to side with Inorigo on this. I get what they were going for, but taken as a whole, it just reads like word salad that would never pop up in natural speech in a million years (kind of like a lot of the titles, really). It's got mixed connotations out the butt, because anyone who would use "dick" as slang for a detective isn't going to bother with the formality of throwing a "police" qualifier in there. They'd much sooner give that person the bird.

In that sense, it just reads like it doesn't know if it wants to be formal or informal, which is clearly an unintended effect. Had it not been used as a joke in P3, I really think "Ace Defective" would have worked as a better substitute.

I really wish they reworked the cultural connotations of the vegetable aspect into the title, too.

it's obvious it's supposed to read both ways. that is the joke itself.

Sophia

I've played Persona 4 three times, and I never got the connection between
Adachi and cabbages.
What did I miss?

Adachi makes references to eating cabbages because he's poor if you run into him on Junes on specific days. The fanbase ran with it and now it's basically his trademark favorite food. :p

Adachi makes references to eating cabbages because he's poor if you run into him on Junes on specific days. The fanbase ran with it and now it's basically his trademark favorite food. :p

he does this exactly once in unvoiced random dialog, and the fans ballooned it and Atlus acknowledged it.

Nap1400

Japan thing.
Adachi made a one-off comment about only being able to afford cabbages at one point and they ran with it.

Double ninja'd.

Dantis

I've completed Persona 4 three times, and I never got the connection between
Adachi and cabbages.
What did I miss?

This is pretty much exactly the point. It was briefly touched upon in Persona 4 and fans latched onto it, because that's what fanbases do.

Sophia

This is pretty much exactly the point. It was briefly touched upon in Persona 4 and fans latched onto it, because that's what fanbases do.

It was actually kind of funny, like most tropes involving the character, until the fanbase ran it into the ground. :p

Andrefpvs

he does this exactly once in unvoiced random dialog, and the fans ballooned it and Atlus acknowledged it.

Japan thing.
Adachi made a one-off comment about only being able to afford cabbages at one point and they ran with it.

Double ninja'd.

Oh, ffs. Yeah, I'm glad it was changed for the English version of P4U. That's just silly.

Thanks, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom