• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

These remind me of your art so much. I find it really interesting how a lot of the art that you seem to be into is closely linked to your own work stylistically.

Nice work Dantis, I really dig your persona artwork

Lovely! Good stuff.

Cheers guys!

I remember regretting looking in the Visual Data book for Persona 4 before playing the game! Spoiled several things.

Isn't there literally a warning in the front telling you not to do that?

First time I've done proper lineart in a while.

Drawing is so much more fun when it actually works.

Beautiful work Dantis!

tumblr_n82jar9gnk1qh6slwo1_500.png

tumblr_n82jar9gnk1qh6slwo2_500.png

Sauce

I also love this ones a lot.

Tamanon

Banned
Isn't there literally a warning in the front telling you not to do that?

I think there was, but warnings are there to be ignored!

Looking back through the Art of Persona 3 book, there's a small illustration of characters in winter clothes. Natsuki's winter outfit looks boss as hell. Don't remember seeing her in it in the game.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/24769/ has at least the top portion but the artbook has a complete one. Although it's odd she's with the rest of the PCs, and Fuuka isn't in the picture.....

There's something about art like that (minimalist? I think?) thats just so pleasing to me.

Its probably how clean everything looks, there's nothing there that doesnt need to be and its not overly complicated.

While not on that level, there are some P4 images in a similar style.

There's something about art like that (minimalist? I think?) thats just so pleasing to me.

Its probably how clean everything looks, there's nothing there that doesnt need to be and its not overly complicated.

While not on that level, there are some P4 images in a similar style.

There a Rise one?

Koriandrr

Persona 3 or 4?

For science. I know we all love both, but if you had to choose?
My vote goes for 3. Prefer the dark mood, reminds me of SMT Nocturne.

Also, I'm calling it now - P5 will be darker, more like 999/Virtue's Last Reward type, but with Social Links. /speculation

Dantis

Persona 3 or 4?

Also, I'm calling it now - P5 will be darker, more like 999/Virtue's Last Reward type, but with Social Links. /speculation

I think Persona 5 won't be darker as much as it will more mature, particularly relative to what P4 has become.

I'm expecting it to be more like Catherine in a lot of respects.

I'm a fan of the minimalist look.
Found a source here in case y'all want them all

Aww yiss.

This is great except that the heights are all messed up.

Persona 3 or 4?

I like P4 more. Its happy, upbeat tone is more appealing to me, and in my opinion its dark moments have more impact than P3's because they're such a vast tonal shift from the rest of the game (a phenomenon I like to call "The Final Fantasy IX Effect").

P4's system mechanics and characters were a lot stronger too, IMO. Junpei may be my favourite character in the series, but P4's ensemble cast worked off of each other so well that they win the day in the end.

Koriandrr

I like P4 more. Its happy, upbeat tone is more appealing to me, and in my opinion its dark moments have more impact than P3's because they're such a vast tonal shift from the rest of the game (a phenomenon I like to call "The Final Fantasy IX Effect").

P4's system mechanics and characters were a lot stronger too, IMO. Junpei may be my favourite character in the series, but P4's ensemble cast worked off of each other so well that they win the day in the end.

But... AKIHIKO-SENPAI ~_~

Where's the Team Akihiko? Back me up girls (and guys!)

Just kidding.

Catherine-style P5 would be cool I think. Though when I finished that game my only thought was 'they were right. you really shouldn't stick your d%*# in crazy'

I love P4, but I generally prefer darker mood games overall and less colour blindness.

All hail Shoji Meguro!

PK Gaming

tumblr_mgjwzmqpon1qj2570o1_400.jpg

FluxWaveZ

And now they've gone and tweeted about the DLC character. Welp.

It's obvious Atlus doesn't care who finds out about this.

Just like Atlus Japan, and any other media outlet, really. It sucks for newcomers, but it'd be wise to not follow Atlus news in any capacity regarding upcoming Persona games if they care about not being spoiled about P3/P4 specifically, since all of the upcoming spin-offs are sequels (with PQ being an exception, I suppose).

Ultimax DLC spoiler in pic: http://www.atlus.com/p4au/common/img/purchase_bonus.png

Still "more to come"?

Heh, I wonder if they forgot to erase that part. I'm assuming they didn't and, since John Hardin has stated that there are no plans for an Ultimax LE release for NA, it might involve some PNP inclusions.

Silky

Banned
I don't understand why Atlus should avoid spoilers in regards to P4U. It's after the P4 series, and it's obvious that since it's a fighting game, the majority of the purchasers will be people who invest in learning a fighting game (the ones who don't really care about P4's story to begin with. I played P4A before P4.) and the Persona fanbase (the ones that have already beaten P4/P4A)

If people didn't want to be spoiled, they'd ignore the existence of P4U, and P4A, and just go on a media blackout essentially.

Caladrius

Persona 3 or 4?

I'm a 4 kind of man. I felt that P4's cast was overall more relateable and that the pacing was much better.

I personally liked P3s darker tone more than P4s, and I could see P5 being a more aggressive, dark approach to the genre, from the teaser we saw lots of black and red with some chains thrown in there too. But really one can only guess for now.

Soma

I personally liked P3s darker tone more than P4s, and I could see P5 being a more aggressive, dark approach to the genre, from the teaser we saw lots of black and red with some chains thrown in there too. But really one can only guess for now.

Oh boy. You just lit the Corvo signal.

P4 was pretty dark... The main culprit was a damn
rapist
, how much darker can you get?

biodude

Neo Member

I agree- I love both p3 and p4, but I just love p3's style/ tone and character design more. Nothing beats evokers^

Speaking of which, I just got my vita with golden in the mail today (and the golden skin protector). Going to hold off playing until I finish up p4 on my ps2 though, I'll get distracted :p

P4 was pretty dark... The main culprit was a damn
rapist
, how much darker can you get?
Personal opinions, can be a tricky thing :p because shooting yourself in the head isn't dark either... I'm not going to get into which is the darkest aha. Clearly both games do have their own thing, but you have got to agree that P4 is a much more uplifting game than P3.

Mdesilva

Persona 3 or 4?

I feel like I don't have a preference. I like both of them equally. Kind of a lame answer, but it's my opinion.
I don't see how it could be that dark with a school setting. A lot of what made Zero Escape that dark was its oppressive atmosphere, and I don't think that's an easy thing to replicate.

The closest thing would be Danganronpa, and I don't even think it's gonna be as dark as that either.

(P3 & P4 spoilers)

I remember that after I saw the PQ trailer for the first time, I went to look at the Siliconera article about the games to see people's reaction to the game landing in 3DS and see some stuff about the others, but I was spoiled by comments like
"How can this be canon if P3MC/Shinji died?" or some about the game taking place before Nanako kidnapping.
Then in the P4AU one (I didn't saw the trailer) they
said they were happy that finally a villain (Adachi) was made playable.
Then by looking at GAF I was spoiled that
Teddie would get a human form and that Naoto was a girl.
And while searching in some videos or articles for help in P3 (since I didn't have a NeoGAF account yet) I found
a video called "Ikutsuki's betrayal" (but to be fair I expected him to be Takaya in disguise) and while searching there was the option "Persona 3 should I kill Ryoji or not?".
So yeah I was spoiled a lot just by looking at articles or searching for help lol At least I wasn't spoiled about
Chidori's whole thing and all the fake P4 killers and Izanami, those were really satisfying.
Hopefully new players in this thread don't get spoiled like me.

kewlmyc

I like P3 personally more than I do P4. The music, setting, final boss, and characters sit better with me more than P4.

I will say however that P4 is the better game overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom