• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

sho-time is pretty good tbh

dantis where are you getting all these damn people that will actually talk to you on tumblr? NOBODY TALKS TO ME ON TUMBLR :|

FluxWaveZ

Shit, I meant to put 'on IGN' in there. I was even thinking that as I typed it but then just forgot it.

Oh, IGN has their own OT system now? Interesting. It's been years since I've perused their forums, since going from IGN > GB > GAF.

I'm pretty much done with my P4AU Import OT and I'm happy with how it came out, though I have to determine if it's too big or not. Still modifying it here and there to make it as good as I can for my first OT.

Atlus posted this as part of the Anime Expo merchandise they'll have available this week:
Brf2VJhCYAAG4Rf.jpg:large
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had a certain object come to mind when I saw it.

Sitris

Just started my second playthrough of Persona 3 portable, this time playing as the original MC. Also still playing through Arena atm, in hype/anticipation for Ultimax/Q. This series has given me countless moments of briliance, from the tears, to the laughter. And yet, somehow it seems to get better with time. Playing it again is like meeting old friends after a long break. That sounds corny but it is how this franchise makes me feel. I can not wait for the new games to come out to have even more crazy adventures with new and exciting characters. Trying not to think about Persona 5 too much, as my hype needs to be contained!

Sophia

Guys, I think Sophia's becoming one with the tropes. Sooner or later, I think we'll see her getting flanderized herself.

Becoming one with the tropes? What do you think this is? Some anime? Sheesh.

I have almost every page stored and memorized in my database!

Did ASW say they were gonna stream P4U at Evo? only thing I'm interested in this year is Mahvel and BB, so hopefully some of the side streams will be interesting.

Nap1400

So how do they explain Nanako not knowing what Shadows and Personas are?

it's the same excuse they used to make this game canon isn't it

I can already hear her singing "Every day's great at your Junes" every time you defeat an FOE.

And Nap
she falls into the TV world at one point in P4. Assuming that the Investigation Team meets up with the P3 crew after that happened in their timeline, it'd be an easy answer.

Nap1400

Except
she kinda forgets about the whole ordeal. Golden established that the trauma she sustained caused it to kinda surpress that memory. And besides, Q takes place before Heaven, doesn't it?

Except
she kinda forgets about the whole ordeal. Golden established that the trauma she sustained caused it to kinda surpress that memory. And besides, Q takes place before Heaven, doesn't it?

Nanako is really just a non canon navigator like in Arena I think. I mean she wasn't there for the P-1 Grand Prix, but still can be a navi for the fighters. It's just for fun. Don't think so hard into it :p

I know what you mean, that's why I called it the easy answer, or more specifically the easy way out. Another one would be the lazy Arena way, which is that she just knows about shadows Personas, period. No back story to it whatsoever, just fan service (which is the main purpose of the game really...) Either way I don't care too much lmfao. I'm probably gonna end up buying it.

EDIT: Beaten ^

Via the magic power of Some People Won't Give a Fuck Unless It's a Clusterfuck of Plotholes and Paradoxes, PQ was made canon...

Via the magic power of Some People Won't Give a Fuck Unless It's a Clusterfuck of Plotholes and Paradoxes, PQ was made canon...

I wouldn't say that, since (P3 & P4 spoilers)
they went out for a logical way to include P3MC and Shinji and the whole P4 gang and even used some specific and not-so-important dates from in-game and while they will prob get memory erased at the end, who knows? maybe their memories together will play somehow into Ultimax.
I wouldn't say they don't give a fuck just because I don't like that the game is canon.

PK Gaming

She's a DLC character, and likely has no bearing in the story whatsoever

It's the same deal with Arena; she was a navigator in that game

Hey, that guy is weak to Bufu AND DO YOU WANNA GO TO JUNES LATER? I LOVE JUNES!

I was always disappointed in the lack of Junes outings for Nanako's social link. I would be perfectly content if the entirety of Persona 5 was the main character taking Nanako to Junes for the entire game. :V

DNAbro

I was always disappointed in the lack of Junes outings for Nanako's social link. I would be perfectly content if the entirety of Persona 5 was the main character taking Nanako to Junes for the entire game. :V

Game will be about freeing yourself from being a slave to corporations.

abrack08

Atlus just sent out an email naming him. The cat is out of the bag, man. We can stop now.

Come on, man. I know this is a last page comment, but seriously, you need to stop complaining about this.

The people who would be spoiled by finding out
Adachi has a persona
are more than likely not getting the "Atlus Faithful" emails. Or did you think this was a some super-spam email sent to every email address ever?

The community (and mods) have settled on some rules for the Community thread. Get over it.

For an attention-getting title, I think today's announcement allows the use of the word "Dick".

Persona 4 Ultimax |OT| Get free dick, one week only

Lemstar

Did ASW say they were gonna stream P4U at Evo? only thing I'm interested in this year is Mahvel and BB, so hopefully some of the side streams will be interesting.
Jyosua's slated to stream it. ArcSys isn't involved at all, and I'm pretty sure all Atlus is doing is putting up the pot bonus (and a Soejima autographed print, apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom