• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdesilva

You hit the nail on the head!

Just wait until you dig into DR2; there aren't enough tissues in the world to wipe away those inevitable tears.
That game has as much hype (if not more) than Ultimax for me. Can't. Wait.

So much so that I spoiled some stuff for myself a while ago. Hope it doesn't ruin the game for me.

DR2 is front runner for GOTY. It's awesome when games make you feel things. (I know that's corny, I don't care.)

Do you know anything about it past the trailers they've shown?

Not trying to be rude, as it may very well be GOTY for me too (unless Smash or Bayo 2 really impress) but I'm just curious if you're saying that just from experiencing the first one.

DR2 is front runner for GOTY. It's awesome when games make you feel things. (I know that's corny, I don't care.)

That aint corny, I cried like a man-babby during a certain event in December in P4.

Tbh if games dont make you feel something, that is the sign of a bad game in my opinion.

Also, DR2 hype! September 5th cant come quickly enough.

Setsu00

So guys, is this Soejima's artwork?

tumblr_n7sa8360tR1si48w3o2_1280.jpg

I don't remember the last time he drew Makoto (maybe in P3P? and I'm not counting with PQ). I like Makoto's design in the picture above.

The left is Sogabe, the right one is an illustrator for the new anime.

No Soejima in here. Trust me, I'd recognize that.

arue

So guys, is this Soejima's artwork?

tumblr_n7sa8360tR1si48w3o2_1280.jpg

I don't remember the last time he drew Makoto (maybe in P3P? and I'm not counting with PQ). I like Makoto's design in the picture above.

The left one is definitely by Sogabe. I love his art style so much that I'm able to differentiate it from Soejima's. I'm not sure about the right one; I think it's by the P4GA anime staff.

Edit: beaten :p

Danganronpa may not necessarily be darker than Persona or Zero Escape per se, but I personally found it to be more affecting than both. There was a certain event in the game after which I put down my Vita for a full day in order to collect myself and process it before I could continue playing, which is something that ZE never did for me. Persona affects me in a different, more positive way, but it's more of a "Hey, this character is me in highschool! This game is so relatable!" thing.

Could you PM me the moment? I'm intrigued as nothing effected me like that while playing :/

and before anyone says anything, although I disliked the style and presentation I enjoyed the game alot, easily in my top 5 for 2014 so far.

That doesn't mean anything. I think the last 20 or so minutes of Dangan Ronpa created a darker and more forlorn atmosphere than anything in P3 or P4 ever did.

I was joking ;_;

Caladrius

Could you PM me the moment? I'm intrigued as nothing effected me like that while playing :/

and before anyone says anything, although I disliked the style and presentation I enjoyed the game alot, easily in my top 5 for 2014 so far.

I was joking ;_;

One of Scrafty's all-time favorite characters was (Chapter 2 spoilers).
Mondo

Dantis

You played it right? How did you like it overall?

Loved the investigations, particularly how it laid out actual clues that you could pick up on.

Disliked the characters, story, art and music.

I actually really enjoyed playing through the game, but everything outside of playing it wasn't for me.

That doesn't mean anything. I think the last 20 or so minutes of Dangan Ronpa created a darker and more forlorn atmosphere than anything in P3 or P4 ever did.

Boy, do I disagree with this.

I'm sure Dantis knows the answer, but I'm pretty sure his artwork was used for P4A promotions, so it wouldn't surprise me to see some for P4GA. (I can't see the image however for some reason.)

He kind of did. Soejima drew the covers for the special editions of the DVDs, as well as the complete box set.

Beat me to it!

Arthos

Kinda disappointed Kojima isn't a playable character.

Atlus needs to show us some more footage of Persona: Dancing All Night soon! >< The announcement of the Miku game on the 3DS just makes me want DAN even more. (I love rhythm games).

You hit the nail on the head!

Just wait until you dig into DR2; there aren't enough tissues in the world to wipe away those inevitable tears.

Oh gosh. @_@ DR1 was seriously a great game. I want to play the second one just to see what's up with Monokuma.

Dantis

Kinda disappointed Kojima isn't a playable character.

Atlus needs to show us some more footage of Persona: Dancing All Night soon! >< The announcement of the Miku game on the 3DS just makes me want DAN even more. (I love rhythm games).

Oh gosh. @_@ DR1 was seriously a great game. I want to play the second one just to see what's up with Monokuma.

....Kojima? Do you mean Kanami or something?

Mdesilva

Dojima in P4U2 would be so cool, lol.

Not that it will or should happen, but (P4 spoilers in tags)
He could be chasing after Adachi, end up in the TV world, receive a Persona (somehow), and fight like a badass.

FluxWaveZ

Well, for one thing new from the stream at least, Fog might be the standard P4 mirror theme instead of just the P4 Shadow mirror theme, but it might have been a coincidence.

Edit: And this match is some major Rise overload. A normal Rise mirror with two Rise navigators? Great.

Edit 2: P4AU's main theme starts with "Break out of...", which is reminiscent of "Reach out for the Truth."

The left one is definitely by Sogabe. I love his art style so much that I'm able to differentiate it from
Soejima's. I'm not sure about the right one; I think it's by the P4GA anime staff.

Edit: beaten :p
Thank you guys for the answer! Then Sogabe improved the character design imo.

FluxWaveZ

Me too, but I doubt it though. The people who would benefit the most out of it are people who haven't played the first P4A. Why give it away for free when you can charge those people the price of the full game?

This doesn't make any sense. Episode P4A will be part of the localized version of the game. The question is whether it's separate DLC (which would probably be less than the current P4A PSN price of $15) or included for free with pre-order bonus stuff.

And I see that even Period is a P4AU BGM. They really included pretty much anything.

Edit: Will have to pause through each second they went through those BGMs to see what they were. Minazuki's theme is "Blood Red Moon."

This doesn't make any sense. Episode P4A will be part of the localized version of the game. The question is whether it's separate DLC (which would probably be less than the current P4A PSN price of $15) or included for free with pre-order bonus stuff.

And I see that even Period is a P4AU BGM. They really included pretty much anything.

Edit: Will have to pause through each second they went through those BGMs to see what they were. Minazuki's theme is "Blood Red Moon."
Maybe I'm not explaining my point clearly enough. I wouldn't think they would reward hold outs by giving them the unique part of P4A for free, when they could charge them full price, whether that be the game or the DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC was $15, given the hours of story included.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe I'm not explaining my point clearly enough. I wouldn't think they would reward hold outs by giving them the unique part of P4A for free, when they could charge them full price, whether that be the game or the DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC was $15, given the hours of story included.

I see, but the entire P4A story most likely does not equate to Episode P4A. As others have said, it's likely that it's an abridged and concise version of it as they have done with BlazBlue in the past. There is no way they could justify $15 for that; I could see it being $10 max.

Loool, everyone wanted S. Rise to win to see her winning animation, and yet we got shirtless human Shadow Teddie.

I wasn't paying attention to that win animation (out of being frustrated that we didn't see Shadow Rise's), but did Shadow Teddie take off the costume?

And yeah, they really did include all of the songs, going from "Changing Seasons" playing right now. It's weird, but cool at the same time.

Damnit I would watch if I wasn't a couple of GBs away from reaching my bandwidth cap for the month, these livestreams are way too heavy for me to even risk clicking on the link... Wish it was the 4th already. Hopefully these will be put up on youtube.

FluxWaveZ

Part of the stream is already archived. Watch it here.

New battle songs (and names) in total:
- Break out of [...] (P4AU main theme)
- Break out of [...] instrumental
- Blood Red Moon (Minazuki theme)
- Period
- Junes Theme (as NichM confirmed earlier)
- Changing Seasons
- Midnight Crossing Miracle Quiz
- Heartful Cry (non-Aigis theme version)
- Want To Be Close
- Basement
- That Which Comes From Darkness
- Game (Mitsuo dungeon theme)
- Adventured Act:
- Striptease
- Burning Inferno (Sho's theme?)
- Youthful Spirit (Ken theme?)
- The Joker (??? theme?)
- Mr. Easy-Going Man (Junpei's theme?)
- Twinkle&#9734;Star (Rise's theme?)
- Pink Sniper (Yukari's theme!?!?)

The Joker could be their theme, though that would be a bit weird since they weren't in the build they were showing off. I can't imagine their theme would be "Burning Inferno", so I'm giving that one to Sho's. If that isn't the case, "The Joker" would be Sho's theme and "Burning Inferno" would be something else.

Yeah, there was shirtless human shadow Teddie smiling.

it was basically this;

With yellow eyes.

Oh wow, awesome; thanks! I've never seen that win pose with Shadow Teddie in arcade footage, so it might be new. Now I want to see Shadow human Teddie in the story.

After seeing that Freedom Wars isn't getting a physical copy, plus this (not to mention the countless other titles that suffer from the same problem), one has to admit, EU like always gets the short end of the stick. I'm glad that I live in Canada but it sucks for my friends that I still have there that wanna play these games and can't.

I wonder if that's a glitch. Normal characters have an exclusive win pose, like shadow characters. I thought this was Teddie's.

Also, when shadow character's activate their 'shadow rampage', they use the same animation as normal character's burst. However, Shadow Teddie's animation was edited to exclude
human Teddie
from appearing.

Anyway, isn't that picture a spoiler? I thought
Teddie forming a human self was a pretty big plot point.

Well we did get confirmation on a release date for P4U, September 30.
9/30 is not the confirmed release date.

I wouldn't say that, since (P3 & P4 spoilers)
they went out for a logical way to include P3MC and Shinji and the whole P4 gang and even used some specific and not-so-important dates from in-game and while they will prob get memory erased at the end, who knows? maybe their memories together will play somehow into Ultimax.
I wouldn't say they don't give a fuck just because I don't like that the game is canon.

Not Atlus, people who love canon more than respect it. It's a pet peeve of mine, and I feel it lets alot of damage seep into long-form narratives.

Well, for one thing new from the stream at least, Fog might be the standard P4 mirror theme instead of just the P4 Shadow mirror theme, but it might have been a coincidence.

Edit: And this match is some major Rise overload. A normal Rise mirror with two Rise navigators? Great.

Edit 2: P4AU's main theme starts with "Break out of...", which is reminiscent of "Reach out for the Truth."

MORE IDOL. ALL THE IDOL. EVERYONE WAS IDOL.

FluxWaveZ

I feel that it was specifically Rise who was referred to here:
Might just be a standard win quote demonstrating Shadow Yu's propensity to manipulate, though.

Edit: Also, it was mentioned that the new song that was played last week was indeed "one of the final boss themes", showed off in "one of the final boss stages."

Squire

Banned
Do you know anything about it past the trailers they've shown?

Not trying to be rude, as it may very well be GOTY for me too (unless Smash or Bayo 2 really impress) but I'm just curious if you're saying that just from experiencing the first one.

Experiencing the original, having confidence that they'd deliver in a sequel, and hearing from people who've played it that apparently they do just that and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom