• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that it was specifically Rise who was referred to here:

Might just be a standard win quote demonstrating Shadow Yu's propensity to manipulate, though.

Edit: Also, it was mentioned that the new song that was played last week was indeed "one of the final boss themes", showed off in "one of the final boss stages."

Shadow Yu is just a straight bastard and I love it. Also that's a pretty nice final boss theme and stage, but I do wonder if what was shown was just one of the the themes and one of the stages, will be the final boss have various "stages" to their self, or will there be multiple bosses?

Some avatars:

Nn2naEz.png
a9gmydB.png
srUxKkJ.png

Nachos

Oh I definitely agree. I'm saying P5 will not be as dark as Zero Escape and that Danganronpa would be a better comparison. And even with it being silly, I think P5 will still be more lighthearted.

Honestly, I'd really like it if Persona 5 took a few more cues from Virtue's Last Reward (not 999, though). Even if it covered some pretty dark subject matter, it never reveled in it to the point of being off-putting. It was almost as if the entire game was stating its ideas matter-of-factly as opposed to letting its tone be influenced by it. That simultaneously made some things more palatable and lent the concepts the ideal amount of gravity needed to resonate. If they're actually going to do any meaningful commentary, I'd prefer a mix of that and P4.

Jester and Hunger are just the reverse Fool and Strength, respectively. They don't actually exist. It's just what his social link's story embodies.

Like in P3P, Akihiko's social link was The Star because his story fell within the Star Arcana's meaning, even though his Persona is the Emperor Arcana.
Actually, the hunger/lust arcana are the alternate cards for the Strength in the Thoth tarot deck. That's actually the origin of the æon card, too, as it replaces judgment.

On top of those differences between it and the Rider-Waite deck Persona uses, some of the other cards get renamed, too:

Magician becomes Magus,
High Priestess gets demoted to Priestess,
Justice becomes Adjustment,
Wheel of Fortune changes to Fortune,
Temperance becomes Art,
and The World extends to The Universe

Jester/Peirot was a made-up card, though.

I think the Rider-Waite deck is really lame compared to the Thoth one, especially from an illustration standpoint.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had a certain object come to mind when I saw it.
I...I don't get it.

Becoming one with the tropes? What do you think this is? Some anime? Sheesh.

I have almost every page stored and memorized in my database!
Almost all of them? You're slackin', Sophia.

Rubedo

Boy, do I disagree with this.

Not to say P3 and P4 don't have some some truly dark moments. They absolutely do. It's just that I've never had quite the degree of grim feelings I got from Dangan Ronpa's final revelation from any other game. Even though I think Persona is the better series overall.

What is a darker moment in P3 or P4 in your opinion?

FluxWaveZ

Also that's a pretty nice final boss theme and stage, but I do wonder if what was shown was just one of the the themes and one of the stages, will be the final boss have various "stages" to their self, or will there be multiple bosses?

It could mean anything. If we assume what they said is correct, then it could mean that the final boss has multiple phases, or that there are multiple final bosses. Certainly intriguing, though I feel that both stages that we've seen with that huge door in the middle would be both "final boss stages."

She's being training or something? Or is she talking about idol training?

I feel that that's just Rise talking nonsense, as per usual.

Interested to see what the P4U2 update's going to be tomorrow, if there is one. If it's two character trailers again, that would mean they'll run out of trailers before the game is going to be released unless the weekly update varies significantly in structure from then on.

I noticed we still havent heard any details of Network Mode, and It's missing on the website, for now. I hope that means their are some big improvements to it, especially the lobby system in player matches.

Squire

Banned
It could mean anything. If we assume what they said is correct, then it could mean that the final boss has multiple phases, or that there are multiple final bosses. Certainly intriguing, though I feel that both stages that we've seen with that huge door in the middle would be both "final boss stages."

Interested to see what the P4U2 update's going to be tomorrow, if there is one. If it's two character trailers again, that would mean they'll run out of trailers before the game is going to be released unless the weekly update varies significantly in structure from then on.

I wouldn't be surprised of there's a boss for SEES and a boss for the IT.

I thought about that, too. What about releasing trailers for some game modes? They already did that with Golden Arena mode. Is Score Attack mode in the arcade version?

FluxWaveZ

I thought about that, too. What about releasing trailers for some game modes? They already did that with Golden Arena mode. Is Score Attack mode in the arcade version?

Trailers for game modes would have made sense a few weeks back, but the official website has no section for separate game mode trailers other than for GAM. They have tended to telegraph their updates by teasing spaces to fill out on their websites so far, so I doubt that there will be any video associated with any of the modes that were recently added to the site with last week's update.

And yeah, SA is in the arcade version of the game in addition to GAM.

Trailers for game modes would have made sense a few weeks back, but the official website has no section for separate game mode trailers other than for GAM. They have tended to telegraph their updates by teasing spaces to fill out on their websites so far, so I doubt that there will be any video associated with any of the modes that were recently added to the site with last week's update.

And yeah, SA is in the arcade version of the game in addition to GAM.

Well, then I don't know... Maybe some new story trailers?

I wonder when we'll have some English trailers, though.

todd360

I hope Persona 5 is consistently edgy.
I saw a Evangelion art book with a description that called it consistently edgy. What does that even mean lol.

cj_iwakura

As tedious as it is, everything in IS comes together beautifully if you talk to everyone for the extra backstory. I found out the Hanako and Bukimi rumors began, for instance.

After watching the stream, I have to say that even though Yukari is best girl, she looks like the most annoying character to fight. Maybe I just hate zoners.

I see, well, hope to understand better how
she got powers to fight now as the game goes.

Well, then I don't know... Maybe some new story trailers?

I wonder when we'll have some English trailers, though.

Now that would be great. Some story trailers please, give me more context.
Of course one can dream, no idea what they'll put up though.
And I'm very curious to hear the new voices in better placement too.

Rise looks fun to play.

Very! Can't wait to play that attack where you have to press the buttons and if you get them right you do more damage (sorry for being a noob and not knowing how that is called)

PK Gaming

Damn I missed the P4U stream

I feel that it was specifically Rise who was referred to here:

Might just be a standard win quote demonstrating Shadow Yu's propensity to manipulate, though.

Edit: Also, it was mentioned that the new song that was played last week was indeed "one of the final boss themes", showed off in "one of the final boss stages."

We're all his playthings, in the grand scheme of things

Moonlight

Banned
Just caught up on the stream. Rise's Dancing All Night super is fucking redonkulous, hahahaha.

Really liking what I'm seeing out of Yukari, too. And while I already saw a ton of Yosuke out of the arcade footage, I've just gotta say that Sukukaja is never not gonna get me excited.

I'm not too good with fighters, but I enjoy the more "up in your face" fighters. I mainly used Akihiko, he's still the one I use when I pick the game up once in a while. I will probably stick to him, or either Sho, persona or non-persona version.

biodude

Neo Member
Posting on my new psvita, neogaf mobile works incredibly well.

Unplugged, whats the battery life I can expect while playing golden?

Xenoflare

Posting on my new psvita, neogaf mobile works incredibly well.

Unplugged, whats the battery life I can expect while playing golden?

4 hours?

I don't really know, but for some reason P4G lasts longer than other games. My most battery hungry game is BlazBlue CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom