• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

4 hours?

I don't really know, but for some reason P4G lasts longer than other games. My most battery hungry game is BlazBlue CS.

Yeah the battery life depending on what you're playing. I can get 6-7 hours out of Persona 4 Golden, but more intensive stuff like Uncharted only lasts 4-5 hours.

Weirdly, I find the battery is really demanding when playing Persona 3 Portable....

Lunar15

Nah.

Frog Fractions 2 is Persona 5.

bwuhhh-gif-1.gif

Nachos

What if we receive absolutely no information about Persona 5 until the day it releases? Because that would be absolutely ~amazing~ :V

That would be kind of cool, actually, but I feel like it wouldn't be as effective as it would be in the '90s. It'd be nice if they tried to maintain a mystique up 'til release, having "mysterious" advertisements all over the place to remind people that it exists. Of course, with how quickly the internet moves, information about it would be all over the place within hours.

Although, I'm wondering if any company could do something ala Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and create a similar wave across the world. Very few would be even capable of getting people's attention, much less get them excited.

Could you imagine a Gene Wilder Teddie, though?

Xenoflare

Yeah the battery life depending on what you're playing. I can get 6-7 hours out of Persona 4 Golden, but more intensive stuff like Uncharted only lasts 4-5 hours.

Weirdly, I find the battery is really demanding when playing Persona 3 Portable....

No kidding, I think the Vita is on full power trying to maintain the PSP emulation mode

BTW an interesting indicator I use is the game's max brightness setting, some games actually cannot be played under full brightness (BB, Muramasa etc), it tones down the brightness a tad bit and you cannot bump it up, it'll just slide back. I found those games to be the worst offenders in battery life.

But the Vita has a fantastic stand by, I swear the battery is full when it's on sleep mode for an entire week. While my OG 3DS would probably lose half within the first 3 days.

That would be kind of cool, actually, but I feel like it wouldn't be as effective as it would be in the '90s. It'd be nice if they tried to maintain a mystique up 'til release, having "mysterious" advertisements all over the place to remind people that it exists. Of course, with how quickly the internet moves, information about it would be all over the place within hours.

Although, I'm wondering if any company could do something ala Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and create a similar wave across the world. Very few would be even capable of getting people's attention, much less get them excited.

Could you imagine a Gene Wilder Teddie, though?

I so desperately want Gene Wilder Teddie to be canon.

TBH when my battery is low, I just plug the cord and keep on playing, the system runs on electricity as it charges. I also always leave it on standby, still get around 7hr of battery (depending on the game) so no big changes to it's life time since I got it.

Xenoflare

Looks like Kanji's Ultimax video will be the next one. If you mouse-over the movie section, it becomes transparent and links to the non-existent video. No other character's page without a movie does this.

Speaking of which, I'm very confident with the Mercer's Kanji for P4AU. I never really watched the anime but from the stream it looks like he's doing a great job.

Apparently Naoto is actually completely redubbed, but I swear I heard her old voice within the stream.

New Marge still sounds dry.

I can't wait to hear their performances, so many people freaked out over the changes. Hopefully we get a bunch of trailers in the same fashion as the japanese side.

Xenoflare

I can't wait to hear their performances, so many people freaked out over the changes. Hopefully we get a bunch of trailers in the same fashion as the japanese side.

I really like new Kanji, probably because I liked Mercer to begin with.

I still can't figure out whether Naoto used her old voice clips or not, because if she didn't then Valarie Arem is a fantastic VA in terms of matching her old voice.

I hoped Ali Hillis to fill in for Marge, in fact I hoped she's Marge's original VA in retrospect

Nachos

Are any of the new voices on the previous stream? I still won't be able to use a computer for awhile, and Twitch's android app is kind of really not good. Luckily, they just uploaded the previous stream to YouTube, but I don't know who they showcased.

It's a shame that I couldn't watch the stream... Like I said, my bandwidth is almost completely dry and it only resets on the 4th. Can't do anything too taxing until then lol... I will trust you opinions until then aha!

Xenoflare

Are any of the new voices on the previous stream? I still won't be able to use a computer for awhile and Twitch's android app is kind of really not good. Luckily, they just uploaded the previous stream to YouTube, but I don't know who they showcased.

Shadow Kanji is showcased, suggestive win quotes confirmed.

What if Persona 5 is Frog Fractions 2???

These are seriously thoughts that keep me up at night.

Nah, Persona 5 was nothing more than a collective fever dream. It was like one of those dreams where you go to school in your undies and forget to study for an exam, only everything was red-tinted.

I should be going to sleep, after one week off college my sleeping schedule is all messed up. Here I'll leave you guys with something that I found browsing the web:

2551822-2839195916-BVG7tHbCEAAuMX4.jpg%3Alarge

Suplex me if old... tomorrow, because now I'm headed to bed.

Nachos

No.

Low level characters will comment on the fact that they've been neglected.

Ugh, why, Atlus? I mean, granted, it's not that hard to level up in Etrian games, but most RPGs also don't give me the ability to use ~20 characters. This just sounds like they're encouraging you to pick one party and stick with it for the entire game, using the sub-personas to make up the difference.

Sophia

Ugh, why, Atlus? I mean, granted, it's not that hard to level up in Etrian games, but most RPGs also don't give me the ability to use ~20 characters. This just sounds like they're encouraging you to pick one party and stick with it for the entire game, using the sub-personas to make up the difference.

I'm not sure of Etrian Odyssey's leveling system, but if it's anything like Persona 3 or Persona 4 it won't be that much of a pain to catch up players

There are accessories that allow characters outside the party to gain some experience.
Request reward experience goes to all party members.

Xenoflare

There are accessories that allow characters outside the party to gain some experience.

I have a feeling that
It will be partial EXP only and they are going to be expensive as fuck

Unless they do it the SMT IV way, as in the a good bulk of the exp comes from the main story quest

Nachos

Best thing about Persona Q is now I can play an EO with characters and a mythos that I actually care about.

But you make the characters yourself, so wouldn't you care about them by default?

Also, the plot twist of the original Etrian Odyssey is better than anything Persona has ever done, especially as far as mysteries go.

Shame it got dragged through the mud for the remake, and said remake never had the same overall quality as the Persona series, despite its brief moments of genius.

Whoops, forgot to add these to my post:
I'm not sure of Etrian Odyssey's leveling system, but if it's anything like Persona 3 or Persona 4 it won't be that much of a pain to catch up players
It's normally fine. Your average enemy doesn't offer much experience, but the quests do, though they're one-time only. That means that most players who know what they're doing are just going to make a beeline for the FOEs and come up with a strategy to beat them earlier than the game wants them to. Of course, that doesn't work in 2, since that's the only game that removed experience gain from defeating any FOE, so it's a lot more grindy in general (that's also why it's the only one I haven't beaten).

My main problem, though, is that doing this for twelve or so different characters isn't exactly my idea of fun, especially when only five can battle at once.

Well, that's good, at least. I'm guessing there aren't enough to give to everyone, though?

abrack08

But you make the characters yourself, so wouldn't you care about them by default?

Not for me. I don't know anything about EO's character creation specifically, but I care way more about characters with defined personalities/designs than I do random characters I made up.

Not for me. I don't know anything about EO's character creation specifically, but I care way more about characters with defined personalities/designs than I do random characters I made up.

I know what you mean, but if I play a game where I make the characters, I will always end up naming one after myself. It usually is the one I end up caring about most and has the highest priority to live even more so than the one named after my cat.
Jk I'm not really that self conceited :p

Dantis

Thank you guys for the answer! Then Sogabe improved the character design imo.

Disgrace.

Best thing about Persona Q is now I can play an EO with characters and a mythos that I actually care about.

OOOOOOOOH.

Er... no? Why would anyone care about a blank slate that they'd named unless they'd spent like 200 hours with that character?

DemonDogRex

Neo Member
Er... no? Why would anyone care about a blank slate that they'd named unless they'd spent like 200 hours with that character?

I dunno, I actually kinda like my blank slate characters. It's fun to develop their own personality within the game from what happens in battles and stuff. It's what makes nuzlocke runs in pokemon more appealing than just playing through them for me and why I liked my MC's in Persona 3&4 more than the other party members.

That's just me though. It's understandable that a lot of people can't really connect to a blank slate

Also this is my first post here, I'm a huge fan of Persona and SMT in general. Hi everyone!

FluxWaveZ

The Yu and Naoto ones had been there before, but I think that last one as well as the Gekkoukan emblem, Yu/Akihiko/Ken/Yosuke sticker things, Elizabeth's bookmark, and this one:
...are more recent. Hard to gauge since that specific page is periodically updated without notification, though.

Interesting that they're still doing two character videos per update. There's Liz, Aigis, Akihiko, Mitsuru and Teddie left, so if they continue at this pace, they'll run out far before the game is out, even if it reverts back to a single trailer per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom