• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

So apparently you get tarot cards based on your birthday

apparently I've visited the site before too, which is freaky

Anyway I got ZA WURODO and The Empress. not too shabby

I also got athe World and The Empress.

Here's a question for PersonaGAF: Is Persona 5 *your* most anticipated game right now?

Right now, no. It's because we haven't seen anything besides chairs.

I'm more excited for PQ right now.

EDIT: I just finished drawing this. I think it's probably the best piece of fanart I've done.

This is great, Dantis!

Dantis

Edit: That's awesome, Dantis!

Thanks! I think it came out really well. Very, very happy with it. Spent more than ten hours on it though, so it took a good while.

Hey Persona buffs, is this the place to talk about P3P with limited spoilers? Because I finished the game and (after intentionally seeing the bad ending), got what feels like not the best ending. I know about a few dungeon-like things that I didn't do and am wondering whether I should go and do them.

You can post P3P spoilers here if you tag them.

Also it sounds like you probably got the best ending and just don't realise it?

Dantis, that is AMAZING. I completely agree, you're outdone yourself on this one. :)
This is great, Dantis!

I like it so much that I'm thinking of using it as an avatar, haha.

Marche90

Here's a question for PersonaGAF: Is Persona 5 *your* most anticipated game right now?

As sad as it is, no. I'm more excited for F 2nd than P5, lol

Actually, aside from that, Persona Q and maybe Smash and Ar noSurge (I have begun to like the Gust jRPGs) I'm not really excited for anything this year. Hard to be excited for a lot of high-profile releases when your only consoles this year are a PS3 and a 3DS, blegh

I think I might buy a Playstation TV to be able to play Dangan Ronpa 2 and whatever I'm missing from the Vita catalog

Dunan

If you fought
Nyx Avatar
, you got the best ending. There are only two endings to Persona 3--
killing Ryoji on New Years Eve or not killing him on New Years Eve. Persona 3 just has a very downer ending.

Also it sounds like you probably got the best ending and just don't realise it

P3P only has two endings, those bonus doors don't effect it.

Thanks, guys. So that was it? I played P4 first, got the bad ending, then got what felt like a good ending, then (after mistakenly thinking I had to play a second time) got the absolutely wonderful Best Ending merely by doing one tiny thing differently at what I thought was the end.

Now in P3 (Portable, as the male MC) I got the creepy bad ending that includes
your friends forgetting everything and the school year ending
, but the next ending included some of
the same lines from that creepy ending
, which felt very wrong somehow. And despite having developed the MC's relationship with Fuuka, it was
Aigis, whose S-Link I only took to 3 or 4, who took the lead in the ending and had the MC fall asleep next to her with her pledging to protect him forever.

There was a door in Tartarus leading to
a series of trials hosted by P4's Margaret, all of which were far beyond my ability.
But before playing, I'd bought the P3FES Japanese guide which had references to both
extra levels of Tartarus
and a series of
Aigis-related missions

Are those last two in P3P, and is there a reward for having done them?

And Dantis, your art is indeed excellent. Persona seems to have some really great fan-art.

Nap1400

Last two aren't, I think. The
Aigis missions are part of the FES Epilogue titled The Answer. Not sure if you get to go to Monad in Portable, but I know for a fact that you can't do The Answer.

Dunan

Last two aren't, I think. The
Aigis missions are part of the FES Epilogue titled The Answer. Not sure if you get to go to Monad in Portable, but I know for a fact that you can't do The Answer.

Gotcha. Well, I liked P4 more, but it was still a fun game. And I only briefly dipped into the story with the female MC, which supposedly has different social links. I'll play that next time I get the urge to fire up this game.

Yo Dantis, you still taking requests for drawings?

I got something a little complicated in mind if you're feeling up to it.

Any other artists on here are willing to have a go if you like too.

So, Catherine just went on sale in EU, and playing it I hear some familiar voices. Especially in one scene where Troy Baker (Kanji), Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke/Makoto), Travis Willingham (Theodore) and Liam O'Brien (Akihiko) are having drinks at the Stray Sheep and Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) is the waitress.

So, if anyone is up for it, can you draw Kanji, Yosuke, Theo and Akihiko having drinks while Chie serves them? Bonus points if you draw them in their respective Catherine attire.

Man, is Persona 5 even a thing anymore? We know next to nothing about it since it was revealed. I can't get excited over a bunch of chairs. As for my (non-Persona related) most anticipated: Bloodborne, MGS V, Destiny, Rainbow Six Seige,Bayonetta 2, and of course Smash Bros.

abrack08

Most anticipated (or hyped) probably isn't the best way to put it, since as everyone else has said, we have nothing other than the fact that it exists to be hyped about.

Still, if you said I could take any game confirmed to be in development and have it magically be released tomorrow (completed and fully polished, of course), I would choose Persona 5 hands down.

.... Ok, not hands down. It would be really hard to choose between Persona 5, MGS V, and Zelda WiiU

Nimby

Banned
Yo Dantis, you still taking requests for drawings?

I got something a little complicated in mind if you're feeling up to it.

Any other artists on here are willing to have a go if you like too.

So, Catherine just went on sale in EU, and playing it I hear some familiar voices. Especially in one scene where Troy Baker (Kanji), Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke/Makoto), Travis Willingham (Theodore) and Liam O'Brien (Akihiko) are having drinks at the Stray Sheep and Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) is the waitress.

So, if anyone is up for it, can you draw Kanji, Yosuke, Theo and Akihiko having drinks while Chie serves them? Bonus points if you draw them in their respective Catherine attire.

Catherine x Persona crossovers are the best. I thought about drawing Vincent x Catherine and Kanji x Rise once, but I'm definitely not that great.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
You're more gullible than I am, and that's saying something.

It's true, and the reason is because there was a playable female character. Which skyrocketed the budget and killed Atlus as a company.

net-noob-meme-seems-legit.jpg

Why you guys troll me =(

EDIT: never gonna fall for flux's BS again. Ill auto call him out on it

I don't know why, but apparently I got three arcana cards in this thing: The Sun, The Wheel of Fortune and The Magician.

Currently, the games I'm most hyped are PQ and The Wicther 3. P5 seems so distant right now and with little to no information so I'm not that hyped yet.

And amazing art, Dantis!!!

Tamanon

Banned
The Trial of the Dragon T-shirt in the newest ATLUS email about Erin Fitzgerald being at Anime Expo is pretty sweet.

Oh, and as an added bonus, one lucky winner on Saturday can get their voicemail greeting voiced by Erin Fitzgerald as Chie!

LOL

PK Gaming

So I think I managed to map out Rise's P4U moveset.

Note: All of this based on my own observations. There's a good chance i'll be wrong in a few areas, so please keep that in mind.

Rise_close_up_in_P4AU.jpg

Rise Kujikawa
HP: 8743 (at bare minimum). Her health is estimated to be around 8800-9000
Persona cards: 4

Normals
5A: Rise performs a swift, short ranged kick
5AA: Rise leans forward (using the Mic Stand as a balance), and swipes the opponent with a handchop
5AAA: Rise swings her mic stand in a 360 motion
2A: A short ranged heart appears as Rise outstretches her hand
5B: Rise throws her mic stand. Decent range
2B: Rise winds up, and performs an uppercut. 2 hits (Like Yu's 2B)
5C: Himiko summons several orbs that fire a single small projectile after a small delay.
5D: Himiko summons a single orb that fires a long-range green laser. Enemies who are hit by will have the scanned property. The *scanned* property lasts for a few seconds.
2C: Himiko summons the orbs at a distance, closer to the ground. After a set amount of time, it fires a projectile
2D: ?
j.A: ?
j.B: Rise twirls her mic Stand in midair
j.C: Same as 5C, but the projectile is fired at 45 degree angle
j.D: ? (Presumably the same as 5D)
5AB: Rise swings her mic stand downwards. *SCREECH*
2AB: Rise grabs onto her mic stand for support and performs a sweep kick.
Throw: Rise pauses, then pushes the opponent. Inflicts charm. Can combo in the corner.

Skills
Command Move: While in midair, Rise latches onto her mic stand and dives downwards. Performs a sweeping kick upon landing.
Reflective Bit: Her furious action/DP. Rise's Persona summons a protective barrier. Opponents that attack it will be hit by an electric shock. It appears to fire a projectile, even if the opponent does not attack Rise after a short period of time
Rock☆You: Rise creates 2 oscillating musical notes that travel forwards
No Touching!: Rise shoves her opponent. "Don't touch me!"
*SB version causes wallbounce
Platinum Disc: Himiko fires a disc that hits multiple times. If the opponent *scanned* the disc will travel at a farther distance and home in on them
Tetrakarn: Rise creates a shield, and a special bar appears over SP gauge. Presumably counters physical skills
Marakarn: Rise creates a shield, and a special bar appears over SP gauge. Presumably counters ranged skills
Arrow Rain: Himiko fires several electrical projectiles into the sky that come crashing down after a set period of time

SP Skills
Hysterical Slap: Rise let's loose a flurry of slaps, ending with a powerful strike from her mic. SB version deals significantly more damage, and puts Rise in Berserk status
Risette Field: 4 orbs appear and circle around Rise, for a set period of time
Risette Live on Stage(Awakening): A grab that leads into everyone's favorite minigame super. The SB version deals 4690 when the bar has 60%+ charge. Supposedly the SB version can deal up to 5900 damage when perfected.

Dantis

You definitely should!

Also, this is the part where I ask you for more amazing Yukari art! <3

Speaking of amazing Yukari art, I really appreciate that you've kept that avatar for so long.

Makes me feel like my time drawing it was well spent.

Dantis, your art is amazing.

The coloring work is pretty good. Nice job.

And Dantis, your art is indeed excellent. Persona seems to have some really great fan-art.

Thanks!

todd360

It's true, and the reason is because there was a playable female character. Which skyrocketed the budget and killed Atlus as a company.

There just wan't enough time or money to make female animations sadly. None of our programmers had the skill or experience for the job. We failed before we even started! THEY PLAYED US LIKE A GD FIDDLE!

Persona 5 and Witcher 3 are the only games that I'm like, super hyped for. There's a lot that I'm looking forward to playing, but those two are the only two that I'm going to be bouncing off the walls for once release week comes around.

EDIT: I just finished drawing this. I think it's probably the best piece of fanart I've done.

The colors are amazing on this one! :O
Can I ask the technique you used for the skirt details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom