• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can, but you'll have to be more specific as to what you mean? Just the pattern? Or something else?

They're joking....

Yep, the patern. Seems to be like you used a real clothes pattern but then reworked it molding it. If I do that I usally leave it straight, like in some cartoons, but I really like your result. Looks like the real thing!

Dantis

And now I am an anime.

Yep, the patern. Seems to be like you used a real clothes pattern but then reworked it molding it. If I do that I usally leave it straight, like in some cartoons, but I really like your result. Looks like the real thing!

It's just a pattern I drew in Photoshop (copied from Marie's skirt, obviously). I just shaded it with a softened brush and used the rectangular marquee to resize the sides of it so that it looks like it's wrapped around her legs. The whole pattern is then obviously using a mask in the shape of the skirt.

It probably sounds and looks a lot more complex than it actually is, haha.

It looks great Dantis, you make me wanna draw more Persona art! I'm a black and white on paper type of guy, but seeing stuff like that makes me wanna move over to digital.

Meia

Probably late given it's a few pages ago, but eh.

Here's a question for PersonaGAF: Is Persona 5 *your* most anticipated game right now?

Actually, Persona Q is my most anticipated game right now. EO4 left a great impression on me in terms of gameplay, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it gets a Persona twist, but I'm also looking forward to all the ways the characters are going to interact with each other. There can be a lot of great with that, not to mention I can just picture a LOT of missable stuff as well(lord knows modern Persona is great at doing that, hell old Persona was as well).

Danganronpa 2 is slightly ahead of Persona 4AU for me too. I want to really jump headlong into a fighting game to learn it, plus I want to see where they're going with it. I still can't help but think 4AU and Q will be linked somehow given the tarot card bonus(probably wishful thinking). In terms of DR2, I just loved DR1, so yeah.

Really, this whole "Persona 4 bombardment" campaign is pretty successful. It gets the Persona brand out there to more people that may not have known about it, and has the added side effect of giving fans something to think about as we wait for Persona 5, cause lord knows if we didn't have these games every week would be filled with "when's Persona 5!?" talk.

And that Naoto Marie pic is definitely one of the best you've done, it's fantastic. :D

Zareka

From what I can tell of Marshall's VO from the footage, it's intentionally the opposite. Or, it's different, at least. More "rugged" sounding or something to match the age.

Huh, yeah, now I listen to more of it it does sound a bit different, maybe a little deeper. It just sounded a bit high at the beginning of his match to me.

I'm dying omg I just saw the P4G's opening for the first time, it's sooo funny! The music, everyone dancing: YOSUKE IN THE TRASHCAN! hahaha

Yosuke in the trashcan got me good first time I played P4G.

Musolf815

Here's a question for PersonaGAF: Is Persona 5 *your* most anticipated game right now?

For me, I'm actually way more excited for things like Destiny, Danganronpa 2, and The Witcher 3. Again mainly because so little is known about P5, once gameplay/art/characters/whatever is revealed I'm sure that'll change.

Yeah, it is for me. I know we know nothing, but given the P Team's record, I can't imagine not enjoying it. Every time I think of games I'm excited for, I always think "but Persona 5 too". I am super hyped for Dangan Ronpa 2 and Persona Q though.

I actually had a dream that a Persona 5 commercial was on Adult Swim. It was just the chairs with an AS bump type text over it.

I've been askin when's Persona 5 for 3 years now. Its going to be 7 years since Persona 4 came out.

Still it could be worse. FF versus will probably come out 10 years after it was announced (insane) and its been almost 10 years since we've had a Team ICO game.

I've been askin when's Persona 5 for 3 years now. Its going to be 7 years since Persona 4 came out.

Still it could be worse. FF versus will probably come out 10 years after it was announced (insane) and its been almost 10 years since we've had a Team ICO game.

At least Persona 5 is coming out whereas neither of those games are

Dantis

P5 isn't even in the same league as those two. They made Catherine three years ago, and P5 coming out this year will mark another three year cycle.

If I was a Team ICO or a Final Fantasy fan, I'd be frothing at the mouth at this point. As a Persona fan, I'm ever so slightly irritated that we haven't seen all the costumes in their dancing game spinoff. >_>

Levito

Banned
Persona 3, 4, and probably 5 will be out before Final Fantasy XV is out. Which is especially nuts considering XV(then versus XIII) was first shown in 2006.

But dont forget, we've had the fantastic FF13, FF13-2 and FF13-3 to tide us over before XV comes out.

Also, I bet type-0 HD comes out before XV too, although I'm actually looking forward to that.

The 13 trilogy was arse.

But dont forget, we've had the fantastic FF13, FF13-2 and FF13-3 to tide us over before XV comes out.

Also, I bet type-0 HD comes out before XV too, although I'm actually looking forward to that.

The 13 trilogy was arse.

Yeah but where talking about one team....THE FF team and they've been working on it since 2006.

P5 isn't even in the same league as those two. They made Catherine three years ago, and P5 coming out this year will mark another three year cycle.

If I was a Team ICO or a Final Fantasy fan, I'd be frothing at the mouth at this point. As a Persona fan, I'm ever so slightly irritated that we haven't seen all the costumes in their dancing game spinoff. >_>

I don't know how to feel about TLG and FFXV anymore. Its true though, P5 has probably been in dev for 3-4 years.

At least Persona 5 is coming out whereas neither of those games are

Don't do this

So P4G introduced some multi-player elements to the game, how would you like to see them expanded in P5?

I'd like to see some type of player hub, where you could trade skill cards with other people, personas, etc

Yeah but where talking about one team....THE FF team and they've been working on it since 2006.
The FFXV team is actually the original Kingdom Hearts team. It is honestly the reason why we haven't gotten a console Kingdom Hearts game in nearly a decade. Square Enix seriously fucked up that much. Fabula Nova Crystalis pretty much destroyed them.

Musolf815

So P4G introduced some multi-player elements to the game, how would you like to see them expanded in P5?

I'd like to see some type of player hub, where you could trade skill cards with other people, personas, etc

Yes! I loved them in P4G, it was a great use of multiplayer IMO. Checking to see what others did at a certain time was a nice way to get a hint, the "so and so is sending you love" added a nice little touch to battles. I think it's great it actually has a canon explanation of
some kind of multiverse, where there are other "yous" that you can help.

The survey stuff in Catherine was pretty neat too.

Another thing from P4G I hope they expand on is what the party members you don't bring with you into battle do while you fight, I loved the cavalry strikes and running into the other party members in the dungeons.

Squire

Banned
Persona 3, 4, and probably 5 will be out before Final Fantasy XV is out. Which is especially nuts considering XV(then versus XIII) was first shown in 2006.

It's even crazier when you count it with annual franchises. Count the CoDs and Assassins Creeds that'll have been released by the time that game is out. Nuts.

I want a Persona garden, like the chao garden is Sonic Adventure 2, where I raise my personae and have them level up by collecting skill boosts from dungeons. Then when my Persona is beefed up I want to go make it race against other people's personae online. Watch out world, quick-foot Quetzalcoatl will be the fastest persona ever.

Dude, I'd make a tasty meal for the worms before I get a chance to play FF XV. Its time to let go.

I think it only makes sense for Demons in SMT, since they're not actually part of you like Personas are.

True. Then again, I find it unlikely that a high school student would know all of these figures from history and mythology beforehand, so I doubt they're entirely formed from the protagonist.

Nachos

EDIT: I just finished drawing this. I think it's probably the best piece of fanart I've done.
Great job with this, Dantis.

Not for me. I don't know anything about EO's character creation specifically, but I care way more about characters with defined personalities/designs than I do random characters I made up.
Er... no? Why would anyone care about a blank slate that they'd named unless they'd spent like 200 hours with that character?

But *imagination*

I guess that with the way I see it, I'd rather have a character who I can project qualities onto and who doesn't have a grating voice, rather than one with poor voice direction or shaky characterization. The characters are all pre-drawn instead of assembled from some bizarre assortment of parts, so there's always some character innate to them (even if some of the designs are kind of...suspect). I guess it's also part of the appeal of Animal Crossing for me; sure, you could look at your neighbors as just a mix of a design and a predefined personality, but the game both entices you and encourages you to grow some sort of attachment every step of the way.

Got Judgement/High Priestess.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Got the exact same cards. When I take a personality test for my arcana, I always get sun, with fool and death tied for second, though.

Nachos

I want a Persona garden, like the chao garden is Sonic Adventure 2, where I raise my personae and have them level up by collecting skill boosts from dungeons. Then when my Persona is beefed up I want to go make it race against other people's personae online. Watch out world, quick-foot Quetzalcoatl will be the fastest persona ever.
1u77DUE.jpg
Just replace the chaos with Maras, because unfortunately, that's all anyone would race.

True. Then again, I find it unlikely that a high school student would know all of these figures from history and mythology beforehand, so I doubt they're entirely formed from the protagonist.
I always just assumed the personas were as archetypal as they were in the original mythologies, so the image itself is partially influenced by the collective unconscious. So, even if the connections between the person and persona aren't immediately obvious, there's still some connection operating at the subconscious level.

ARGH, I double-posted instead of squishing everything together in one post.

Nachos

http://www.corax.com/tarot/index.html?yourcard

This site gives you a single, primary arcana.

I got the...THE CHARIOT. Which means, the TOWER is my minor arcana.

I'm not a disappointment!

I got Lust, and when I took that into the Tarotscope, I got The Sun in Scorpio/The Six of Cups – Pleasure, which is the union of the Lust essential card and the Prince of Cups zodiac card.

Also, this is the Thoth deck I was talking about yesterday.

EDIT: Well apparently the link doesn't take you straight to the page, so just click 'tarotscope' after clicking the link.

I always just assumed the personas were as archetypal as they were in the original mythologies, so the image itself is partially influenced by the collective unconscious. So, even if the connections between the person and persona aren't immediately obvious, there's still some connection operating at the subconscious level.

Let me see if I've got this right... Personas are entities swirling around the collective unconsciousness that are drawn to a user because it senses a kindred spirit? If so, I'd buy that.

Nachos

Let me see if I've got this right... Personas are entities swirling around the collective unconsciousness that are drawn to a user because it senses a kindred spirit? If so, I'd buy that.

I dunno if they specifically mentioned how it worked, but with all the mentions of the collective unconscious in the game, I didn't even see the personas as having any sentience. It was more like they were encapsulations of archetypes that all people can have, which is how all these fantastical characters in mythology were created – they were creations that may have corresponded more strongly to some values, but they were generally relatable to all people. The persona itself was then the construct in human history that most closely reflected that individual while providing ample opportunity for further growth.

So, even if the situations the person and the mythological character faced were completely different, the personal journeys they would inevitably undergo would have a lot of thematic similarities. (And actually, come to think of it, I'm struggling to think of any personas that were ever truly evil in their native mythologies.)

That's actually why I'd be interested in setting what everyone's minor card is (not the major trumps). They seem to be more specific about what it tries to say about you, so that'd be more interesting than just the general major card.

So did Atlus upload all the SMT for the PS2 by now or is there more?

The only one not up there is Vanilla Persona 3, but no one cares about that. Atlus has done a really good job with that stuff.

http://www.corax.com/tarot/index.html?yourcard

This site gives you a single, primary arcana.

I got the...THE CHARIOT. Which means, the TOWER is my minor arcana.

I'm not a disappointment!

THE WORLD is my major arcana. Cool!

Persona 5 and Witcher 3 are the only games that I'm like, super hyped for. There's a lot that I'm looking forward to playing, but those two are the only two that I'm going to be bouncing off the walls for once release week comes around.

EDIT: I just finished drawing this. I think it's probably the best piece of fanart I've done.

NQ0EgZH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom