• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Those clips from what is probably the P4AU console opening are pretty cool:

iEopgz8ymVhPS.gif

Looking forward to the whole thing.

Yay kanji! Can't wait to try him out in Ultimax!

Also, yes that naoto pic is amazing! Are they pre order bonus cards or something? Not entirely sure what those art pieces are for.

Yay kanji! Can't wait to try him out in Ultimax!

Also, yes that naoto pic is amazing! Are they pre order bonus cards or something? Not entirely sure what those art pieces are for.

Bonus art/postcards from different retailers. It shows you here; http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/shopguide/ What retailers give what cards. (Along with other things like keychains etc,)

Looks like HMV is getting that Naoto picture.

Bonus art/postcards from different retailers. It shows you here; http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/shopguide/ What retailers give what cards. (Along with other things like keychains etc,)

Looks like HMV is getting that Naoto picture.

Wonder if that'll apply to hmv UK? Might actually give me a reason to go to hmv for once.

Although let's face it, we still don't have EU confirmation yet and I've never seen a persona game on sale in a shop anyway.

Had to order arena from amazon, P3/P3P digitally and golden via eBay.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if that'll apply to hmv UK? Might actually give me a reason to go to hmv for once.

All of those are Japan only. P4A also had a bunch of retailer specific pre-order bonuses, which is something pretty common for games in Japan. It is unlikely NA or EU will get any of these trinkets, especially not as a retailer specific thing.

Sadly LAWSON only bought HMV JP and our UK stores are still owned by HMV group or whatever they call themselves these days.

Although let's face it, we still don't have EU confirmation yet and I've never seen a persona game on sale in a shop anyway.

Had to order arena from amazon, P3/P3P digitally and golden via eBay.

If we get a second vinyl I will be so happy!

Sadly LAWSON only bought HMV JP and our UK stores are still owned by HMV group or whatever they call themselves these days.

If we get a second vinyl I will be so happy!

Mrgrgr, I never got the vinyl :( I got the arrange CD but like I said, I got arena from amazon and they didnt do the vinyl edition :(

I hope Persona 5 is consistently edgy.
I saw a Evangelion art book with a description that called it consistently edgy. What does that even mean lol.

It means it consistently pushes the boundaries or expectations of the viewers. I mean Eva series is a lot of things but predictable it is not. It goes against a lot of the tropes of the genre.

That being said as much as I love Evangelion, I don't want Persona 5 to be like that. Eva is a bit too crazy and depressing at times.

Wow, really? I hadn't realised that you were that into Arena.

I played the 360 version alot, I was never good and never will be (I just don't get how) but I enjoy playing them so much.

The reason I have 3 is because I bought the 360 one on release day, then I got the Ps3 version to play with some friends; sold the PS3 version after a while and then bought a PS3 copy again to play with people from here.

Tiu Neo

With so many HD remastered game collections coming out, I hope we'll get a P3FES/P4G remaster one day. I'd gladly pay $40 for a PS4 version.

I would love to play a P3 Definitive Edition someday. Maybe after they release P5 and all the movies.

P4? Golden is already good enough for me, but if it's cheap and fast, nothing against them releasing it on other consoles. More people playing the game is a good thing.

I played the 360 version alot, I was never good and never will be (I just don't get how) but I enjoy playing them so much.

The reason I have 3 is because I bought the 360 one on release day, then I got the Ps3 version to play with some friends; sold the PS3 version after a while and then bought a PS3 copy again to play with people from here.

I'm the same, bought on 360 and ps3, pretty average at the game on both. Never had the time to dedicate myself to it to get better, but Damn, that game is so much fun, even when I'm getting my arse kicked.

Changing that with ultimax though! Determined to git gud.

Please no.
Why not? It's not like I said "I hope they delay P5 to make it!"

I feel like a major factor with Persona's niche status in the West has to do with their platforms. P3 and P4 came out when the PS2 was on its way out, and have been re-released on relatively unpopular handhelds. Getting these games to a current Gen platform would greatly increase their visibility.

FluxWaveZ

Why not? It's not like I said "I hope they delay P5 to make it!"

I feel like a major factor with Persona's niche status in the West has to do with their platforms. P3 and P4 came out when the PS2 was on its way out, and have been re-released on relatively unpopular handhelds. Getting these games to a current Gen platform would greatly increase their visibility.

At this point, it's not even a case of diminished development time that P Studio could devote to new, original titles (which would be the case), but it's the fact that we don't need to see P3 and P4 explored forevermore. A fourth version of P3 combined with a third version of P4? Can we move on? The team is capable of doing more than just remaking what got them to this point. There would be no creative point in this endeavour other than for HD assets.

Huh, Tower and Chariot it seems. Last time I did one of those things (without birthday though) I think I got Tower and Chariot too.

I think I also made a JoJo's joke about it too then, so I'll refrain this time :p

Temperance/hierophant I'll have to look up what that means when I get home.

As far as I recall that's Eri/Bebe and Dojima/Shinji/Bunkichi/Metis.

Not a bad bunch of characters to be honest.

Zareka

A̶p̶p̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ I got the tower and the chariot. No idea what that means.

What series is more popular in Japan, SMT or Persona? I've noticed they've been dropping the SMT prefix in recent games, I guess they don't want Persona seen as a spinoff anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom