• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It starts innocuously enough: you voice a character for a Japanese RPG. Next thing you know, you're waking in a cold sweat, Ramune and pocky strewn about the floor, with a body pillow by your side that might as well have your own face on it. You'd normally articulate the sheer horror of this situation, but you find that half your vocabulary has been replaced by Japanese words learned from playing DDR, as your thoughts drift back to your waifu.
?

Mental note: Don't ever be a voice actor...

I'm so sorry.

Thank you!
Fools! Little do they suspect that it's actually my SECOND day here! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thou art I... And I am thou...
Thou hast established a new bond...

It brings thee closer to the truth...

Thou shalt be blessed when creating
Personas of the Jester Arcana...

> You have established the A Dead Diehard Social Link of the Jester Arcana!

persona_4_tarot_deck_hr___jester_arcana_by_enetirnel-d6xr5cs.png

lol

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Oops lol. I like Aigis, but I don't count her among the romance-able SLinks.
Even though I guess you can kind of date her in FES?

To tell you truth I have no idea. I would think it's original though, since I couldn't imagine another context for that song.

She does say she loves you and wants to be with you in her s.link and even kinda outside the s.link too,so... that isn't romantic??

Squire

Banned
That tweet isn't there anymore...

Edit: NONE of that shit is on her twitter. The account is fake. Wtf is wrong with people?

Guess Who

Banned
That tweet isn't there anymore...

Edit: NONE of that shit is on her twitter. The account is fake. Wtf is wrong with people?

Yeah, I realized after the fact that the account is fake, and consequently it's kind of hella creepy.

Erin responded to the fake account as if it were real and even retweeted that pic, which is what threw me off.

One of a few things that always keeps P4 above P3 is being able to max everything out WITHOUT being a seven-timing scumbag.

Yeah, look how the girls from P3 went all crazy and shit about saving Makoto... He will be dead again the minute they know about him cheating them all. lol

Yeah, look how the girls from P3 went all crazy and shit about saving Makoto... He will be dead again the minute they know about him cheating them all. lol

Luckily, it was really only TWO. (Favorite and least favorite. Guess who's who) Good thing they got over that in time for the Ultimax revival! :D

... right?

PK Gaming

I can't look at it Wright now. Who's the attorney, and what's the message?

Attorney: Franziska

It should be clear to everyone that this VaIV2000VO person is nothing but an imposter! The Twitter account in question was created in 2010, but we all know that that Valerie Arem joined Twitter in June of 2014! Furthermore, the username "VaIV2000VO" is clearly erroneous. So in short, we were all fooled by this rambunctious upstart. The end.

It starts innocuously enough: you voice a character for a Japanese RPG. Next thing you know, you're waking in a cold sweat, Ramune and pocky strewn about the floor, with a body pillow by your side that might as well have your own face on it. You'd normally articulate the sheer horror of this situation, but you find that half your vocabulary has been replaced by Japanese words learned from playing DDR, as your thoughts drift back to your waifu.

Ah, Tiffany Grant syndrome I see.

Luckily, it was really only TWO. (Favorite and least favorite. Guess who's who) Good thing they got over that in time for the Ultimax revival! :D

... right?

After seeing P4A story mode I'm not so sure if it is only two... I can see at least three girls liking Makoto without counting Aigis. Sometimes I question myself if Atlus really going to romance him with everyone which is something I always thought to be unlikely.

Ah, Tiffany Grant syndrome I see.
Asuka confirmed for Persona 5. Time for me to go for the Chariot arcana this time!

After seeing P4A story mode I'm not so sure if it is only two... I can see at least three girls liking Makoto without counting Aigis. Sometimes I question myself if Atlus really going to romance him with everyone which is something I always thought to be unlikely.
Please, Atlus. Make it ambiguous like they do with Yu!

Unless Yukari's the one. Then I'm fine.

Yes. But I may have missed a few things with all those goddamn inner monologues.

I think we can say it's more sugestive rather than conclusive. Elizabeth's story is a pretty indicative that something must have happened between her and Makoto. Abandoning her duties to pursue an impossible quest to release him from the seal is something I can relate with the romance between her and Makoto in P3 which is fulfilled when you complete her tasks.

Mitsuru is a very discret and closed person, but in her monologues, while facing Yosuke she states: "It may be... that he lost someone as well... To fight desperately, but lacking the power to make a difference, and being forcibly parted from loved ones... I understand that pain all too well..." and then Naoto's illusion says: "Shall I say it for you? You're actually...scared to... The notion of growing attached to something...and losing it scares you so much that you'll...share nothing truly important to you..." And when she encounters Yu: "He's not the first to show me a new perspective like this... This warm sensation that spreads within me... I understand now... that's why Narukami reminded me of him...

Mitsuru: You really do remind me of an old friend...
Yu: I do?
Mitsuru: Yes... though he's more than just a friend...I owe my life to him..."

All this could be related to The Empress S Link, which is basically a romantic one.

And I believe I don't even have to say why Yukari and Aigis are romantically linked to Makoto, since it's kinda obvious since P3 FES.

I don't know about Fuuka because she doesn't have a story mode in P4A, but I won't be surprised if we have sugestive things like these in P4AU. But as I said, it's sugestive not conclusive stuff.

Dantis

Arriving late to the party and seeing you fall for that fake Twitter is pretty funny. If it had been real I would have been slightly concerned.

I think we can say it's more sugestive rather than conclusive. Elizabeth's story is a pretty indicative that something must have happened between her and Makoto. Abandoning her duties to pursue an impossible quest to release him from the seal is something I can relate with the romance between her and Makoto in P3 which is fulfilled when you complete her tasks.

Mitsuru is a very discret and closed person, but in her monologues, while facing Yosuke she states: "It may be... that he lost someone as well... To fight desperately, but lacking the power to make a difference, and being forcibly parted from loved ones... I understand that pain all too well..." and then Naoto's illusion says: "Shall I say it for you? You're actually...scared to... The notion of growing attached to something...and losing it scares you so much that you'll...share nothing truly important to you..." And when she encounters Yu: "He's not the first to show me a new perspective like this... This warm sensation that spreads within me... I understand now... that's why Narukami reminded me of him...

All this could be related to The Empress S Link, which is basically a romantic one.

And I believe I don't even have to say why Yukari and Aigis are romantically linked to Makoto, since it's kinda obvious since P3 FES.

I don't know about Fuuka because she doesn't have a story mode in P4A, but I won't be surprised if we have sugestive things like these in P4AU. But as I said, it's sugestive not conclusive stuff.

I'm sure Narukami would be happy to make a warm sensation spread within her.

..Too much?

dat premium newcomers package slip

Kinda neat, I guess? I still haven't decided if I'm getting Ultimax yet. I guess I need to see if there's a region lock first.

So Minato still has a harem
even after having his souls sealed

The only ones I think actually love Minato in a romantic way are Yukari and perhaps Elizabeth. I'm still not sure about Elizabeth.

You would think that since Erin set up Valerie's twitter account that she would recognise the fake one.

Also, the more ridiculous the ultimax packaging gets, the more I like it.

So, discussion while I'm at work! What is everyone's favourite party member and non party member s.links from either game?

FluxWaveZ

Fake account, yeah. But here is something NSFW that is from the real new VA of Margaret.

dat premium newcomers package slip

We probably won't get that awesome cover in NA, which is unfortunate. Might have to import the PNP.

Edit: Version 1.2 of Persona Q being released on July 9 that fixes QR code bugs.

And now I am an anime.

It's just a pattern I drew in Photoshop (copied from Marie's skirt, obviously). I just shaded it with a softened brush and used the rectangular marquee to resize the sides of it so that it looks like it's wrapped around her legs. The whole pattern is then obviously using a mask in the shape of the skirt.

It probably sounds and looks a lot more complex than it actually is, haha.

It looks amazingly realistic, so being drawn is even more amazing!
Tried doing it that once (drawing the pattern) and it didnt turn as well as I hoped.

FluxWaveZ

P4U2 will presumably have 20 separate character trailers while PQ had 24. The last of the PQ character trailers came out 4 days before the game was released, with Theodore and Marie on June 1. There are 5 P4U2 character trailers left, so if the current pace continues, they will be over approximately on July 24, 35 days before the game's release.

PQ character trailers started 146 days before its release (January 10). P4U2 character trailers will have started 126 days before its release (August 28), so it's relatively close intervals.

Just random stuff (bored at work). I'm curious to see how the updates will progress if they run out before August, because PQ had a bunch of trailers teased on the website for a whole bunch of stuff and there are still PQ trailers that aren't out, according to the character pages. I might have thought they'd restrict the character trailers to one per week to make it to release, but I guess they followed the PQ strategy. There are still two tabs left on the website, so maybe those will bring new trailers and maybe stuff like PSC gameplay previews, a couple of story focused PVs and the game's opening will be sufficient.

Won't lie, I was kind of surprised at the time and still am a bit that
Adachi
was revealed almost 3 months before the game will launch. It worked as a precursor to some of the media like the character's related DLC, story episode and trailer, but it's not like those things couldn't have been left to early-mid July to give the promotion an extra boost.

Won't lie, I was kind of surprised at the time and still am a bit that
Adachi
was revealed almost 3 months before the game will launch. It worked as a precursor to some of the media like the character's related DLC, story episode and trailer, but it's not like those things couldn't have been left to early-mid July to give the promotion an extra boost.

Seems like a marketing move, gather more interest.

Or there is more to come!

FluxWaveZ

Seems like a marketing move, gather more interest.

Or there is more to come!

Persona Q is a weird one to compare Ultimax to in terms of this topic because I don't think any of the PQ weekly updates were meant to drum up as much buzz compared to any of the Ultimax character announcements along with their respective trailers, though a lot of the PQ trailers were naturally more focused on the gameplay than P4AU, with P4AU only really having the GAM trailer.

I guess what I would point to are the Velvet Room PQ character trailers, which were revealed only right before the game was out compared to all of the other trailers that had been out for weeks already, as a last promotional thing. Basically, I'm just curious what's left they're going to be showing of P4AU before it's out, and if there's something significant/surprising there or if we already pretty much have the gist of everything we'll see before release, kinda like we had with PQ (though, again, it's weird since I think we pretty much had a good idea of everything we'd be seeing about that game shortly after its announcement).

Dantis

It looks amazingly realistic, so being drawn is even more amazing!
Tried doing it that once (drawing the pattern) and it didnt turn as well as I hoped.

Do you know about the pattern fill tool in Photoshop? You just draw out one iteration of a pattern, save it and then you can just fill areas with it.

I like this picture a lot. Maki is the best.

BUT WAIT! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MY FAN ART OF IT YET! COME BACK!

Dantis

Random thought: Someone tell me that that stupid fake Naoto VO Twitter feed wasn't from someone on here.

It would not surprise me if what you are implying already exists by someone else's hand.

The internet is a mysterious place.

Ask CT. He'll know.

This is actually amazing. No bigger version of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom