• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Run

They're coming for you

What is coming you ask?

The truthers

EDIT: Oh god, the lack of sources. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Is this the part where I reveal to everyone my elaborate but clearly "well thought out" theory that Yukiko is an Anti-Shadow Weapon?

Cuz she is.

Ok since I posted something I thought was true without sources, I'm going to crucified.

I did find this source though : http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/116413/Exclusive_Behind_The_Scenes_Of_Atlus_Persona_4.php

It talks about the killer being changed midway through development.

Anyway Pgaf, may you have mercy on my soul, and if I find anything I will post it.

Bonus Yukiko Pic:
3784892667_ff560647bb.jpg

PK Gaming

Enlighten us on the true nature of this situation, we're pretty clearly in the dark.

Ok. One Myriad Truths, comin' right up.

There is absolutely 0 indication that either
Yukiko or Dojima
were the original culprits at any point in Persona 4's development. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. There isn't a single piece of evidence that corroborates either of those claims. If that kind of information exists, i'm pretty sure it's privy to the Persona 4 staff members. My guess is that this rumor started from a comment made in a Gamasutra interview.

Storytelling challenges: It took a tremendous amount of time and effort to finish the intense, suspenseful story with as many twists as it has, as well as integrating the game's theme of "how one accepts information from the media." While it was fun creating the mystery novel-like scenario, we had no previous experience in working on such a plot, so we were making adjustments to the storyline until the very end.

Also, one of the villain characters changed in the middle of development; since the character design was done before the story change, the design did not reflect the fact that
he
was a villain.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/116413/Exclusive_Behind_The_Scenes_Of_Atlus_Persona_4.php

That aside, there isn't much to go on. Nothing that points to an original villain (if there even was one?). That said, in regards to founding out who was changed into being a villain, we're looking for a character that doesn't look like a villain, and there's really only one character that comes to mind:

"Adachi"

His design is pretty innocuous (Up until he's "outed" as the killer anyway) Furthermore, according to the Persona 4 Design works, Adachi was originally going to be a red herring in the story. When you take that into account with the previous information, then Adachi being the *new* villain makes sense.

Setsu00

Yukiko or Dojima
were the original culprits at any point in Persona 4's development. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. There isn't a single piece of evidence that corroborates either of those claims. If that kind of information exists, i'm pretty sure it's privy to the Persona 4 staff members. My guess is that this rumor started from a comment made in a Gamasutra interview.]

I recently DID read something that pointed towards
Dojima
being the original killer. Apparently, it has something to do with the character's corresponding
S.Link
schedule. There's also the argument that
Dojima
seemingly has no alibi for any of the killings.

PK Gaming

I recently DID read something that pointed towards
Dojima
being the original killer. Apparently, it has something to do with the character's corresponding
S.Link
schedule. There's also the argument that
Dojima
seemingly has no alibi for any of the killings.

receipts.gif

Hook me up

Dantis

LOL!

I actually have no problem with Naoto looking feminine when she wants to--my main issue is her being depicted as feminine when she's ostensibly being depicted when she's in androgyny mode.

I can understand that. I think though, that the implication is meant to be that all of Soejima's post-game illustrations take place after she joins the party, when she's not going out of her way to try and look masculine, which is why she's not hiding her chest and whatever.

I have just started watching the P4 Anime and I am really enjoying it. It's really fun (especially Yu) and it's nice seeing everything animated. The animation itself is not that bad, with some exceptions. When the characters are close they're usually well drawn, while they appear pretty creepy when they're far.
I'm curious to see how the Golden Animation will be like compared to this one. It will be only 12 episodes right?

Yup that's the gist of it. No one really knows how they are going to tackle the entire storyline in 12 episodes. What I said before is that maybe this will be more of an add on, as in they assume that you already know the whole plot and only show you the Golden exclusive scenes.

Wow! Wario sent me a PM this morning telling me it had a lot of views in his twitter and I was already glad, cool to see it even in a game press website!
And thanks guys!

Working right now with the Monk's cafe background. It's not even drawing, but retouching them for an HD type screen and adding the character "models" (that I dont like much how it's turning out), it's what it's taking most of the time.
I already have all the character portraits, including characters outside the main 4.

Ok, was reading the opinions of people on the kotaku article. The funny thing is that I already knew somebody was going to criticise how Elaine was seated in that scene lol
Elaine was standing up during that scene, not sitting down.

Typical corporate dumbing down for the stupid clueless masses. It happened with Game of Thrones and now it's happening with the Seinfeld game.

-------------------------------

Elaine starts that scene standing up. By the time the line in the screenshot is said, she has crossed the room and sat down on the couch. It was on the arm of the couch, but she was most definitely seated.

At that point in the story, Elaine is sitting on the couch, though not in that exact manner. She has her knees in the couch and is leaning up against the arm rest.

She was leaning on the armrest, but not sitting on it. She was sitting on the couch knees first.

Hahahaha, I know they first one is supposed to be a joke but lol at the debate after it.
It surprises me no one said anything about all the characters having different clothes on that scene, not hating the debate though, I think is pretty funny.

Yukiko or Dojima
were the original culprits at any point in Persona 4's development. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. There isn't a single piece of evidence that corroborates either of those claims. If that kind of information exists, i'm pretty sure it's privy to the Persona 4 staff members. My guess is that this rumor started from a comment made in a Gamasutra interview.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/116413/Exclusive_Behind_The_Scenes_Of_Atlus_Persona_4.php

That aside, there isn't much to go on. Nothing that points to an original villain (if there even was one?). That said, in regards to founding out who was changed into being a villain, we're looking for a character that doesn't look like a villain, and there's really only one character that comes to mind:

"Adachi"

His design is pretty innocuous (Up until he's "outed" as the killer anyway) Furthermore, according to the Persona 4 Design works, Adachi was originally going to be a red herring in the story. When you take that into account with the previous information, then Adachi being the *new* villain makes sense.
I had read the
Adachi
thing in the design works, so I remember that. Kind of curious where the
Dojima & Yukiko
came from. I mean, the characters specifically. I mean,
why Yukiko? Seems like a random choice.

FluxWaveZ

Yukiko
planned to be the culprit sounds like typical forum hearsay.

I have fun imagining it could have been
Chie
, though, as the one who spread the rumors Innocent Sin style. The pivotal reveal moment could have been here (SPOILERS).

Dantis

I had read the
Adachi
thing in the design works, so I remember that. Kind of curious where the
Dojima & Yukiko
came from. I mean, the characters specifically. I mean,
why Yukiko? Seems like a random choice.

I am 99% sure that it is nonsense. Buddha has mentioned it before, and I said the same thing then. I've never seen it mentioned at all in an official capacity.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno. If you were going to make a mystery a key part of a game, you would make sure to not have the culprit at least initially look like a culprit. It's a weird comment to make.

Daimaou

Actual P4 spoilers in addition to my speculation:
Dojima being the original culprit makes the most sense just because it would require the fewest amount of rewrites, since he has the same access to Yamano, Saki, Mitsuo, and Namatame.

I have no idea why anyone would suspect Yukiko.

Actual P4 spoilers in addition to my speculation:
Dojima being the original culprit makes the most sense just because it would require the fewest amount of rewrites, since he has the same access to Yamano, Saki, Mitsuo, and Namatame.

I have no idea why anyone would suspect Yukiko.

Makes sense, but then the whole
Nanko being a target and put in the TV World... well, if Dojima WAS the target he'd presumably be pretty damn crazy, so I could see Evil Dojima not caring if his daughter was nearly killed in the TV. Which... that's actually an incredibly terrifying train of thought.

Tamanon

Banned
I was kinda hoping it was
A shadow Yu from the shadow world doing it. Since Yu never faced his own, and it seemed to happen when he came to town. Like his repressed self wanted friends and a purpose so bad, he created the impetus for it.

kewlmyc

Makes sense, but then the whole
Nanko being a target and put in the TV World... well, if Dojima WAS the target he'd presumably be pretty damn crazy, so I could see Evil Dojima not caring if his daughter was nearly killed in the TV. Which... that's actually an incredibly terrifying train of thought.

The culprit couldn't control who showed up on TV. Plus the culprit only killed the first two victims. If Dojima did do it, then he would not have had any control of Nanako being chosen to go in. I could see him realising that he ultimately started it all and freaking out.

The culprit couldn't control who showed up on TV. Plus the culprit only killed the first two victims. If Dojima did do it, then he would not have had any control of Nanako being chosen to go in. I could see him realising that he ultimately started it all and freaking out.

True on that, sort of forgot, been a long time and all, so my bad, lol. Either way, it seems like a good idea in terms of just what would absolutely terrify the player. That would've gotten a lot out of me. Plus then you could (potentially) have that Face Turn. And then we could've gotten Dojima in P4A2!

Dantis

I'm trying to think of an eye-catching picture to draw to advertise my new Twitter account. Basically I want to draw something that will get reblogged lots, so that a lot of people will see it. Any ideas?

Oh my sweet lord, only 3 days till a decent portion of PurseownerGAF meets up IRL.

This is getting surreal.

Man, I really wish I'd tried to get there, actually. Would have been a good excuse to visit the US, too. :(

Oh my sweet lord, only 3 days till a decent portion of PurseownerGAF meets up IRL.

This is getting surreal.

My pools got moved around a bunch, so I have to check again if I can do lunch :(

Swing by the ATLUS booth and say hi. I'll be thurr. But I suck out loud at P4A, so don't expect a good fight from me :(

I'll do my best! Let me cut in line so PersonaGAF's resident Risette lover can test her out! :D

CorvoSol

I have just started watching the P4 Anime and I am really enjoying it. It's really fun (especially Yu) and it's nice seeing everything animated. The animation itself is not that bad, with some exceptions. When the characters are close they're usually well drawn, while they appear pretty creepy when they're far.
I'm curious to see how the Golden Animation will be like compared to this one. It will be only 12 episodes right?

Oh crap, I just remembered that the Little Bro wanted to watch the P4 animation after he finished the game. Do I steer him toward Golden or let him experience TA? Also wondering if I should attempt to subject him to Arena.

Oh crap, I just remembered that the Little Bro wanted to watch the P4 animation after he finished the game. Do I steer him toward Golden or let him experience TA? Also wondering if I should attempt to subject him to Arena.

It's probably better if he plays P3FES before Arena... cause you know.. spoilers.

I also watched TA after playing the game, so yeah let him experience it. And make him play P3 before Arena because spoilers and to see his reaction to the new designs of Mitsuru and Aki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom