• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Well, you also hate seeing the MC of Nocturne referred to as the Demi-Fiend, and yet those are their official English names, so that's what people call them.

That's a world of difference. Everything in IS revolves around the concept of a Masquerade, so something is lost by changing the name to a Sentai reference.

Kssio_Aug

1. Marie is the only other slink with a time limit on it so far as I know.

2. Die. Seriously, that's how I got the trophy, make sure each character dies a few times each, including the MC. This may seem counter productive but trust me on this one.

3. Yep, there are loads of books and a fair few that are missable. I would refer to a guide for this as well.

Does that mean that, if I play with battle retry ON I can let the party dies to get those Risette lines and they will count, even if MC dies?

Lusankya

Siliconera's summary of Persona Stalker Club episode 5 (P4 spoilers).

The third question asks viewers what their main reason was for purchasing Persona Q, which resulted in the following replies:

Because I like Persona (68.7%)
Because I like Etrian Odyssey (5.6%)
Because I like RPGs (1.3%)
Because it looked pretty fun (1.7%)
Because I watched Persona Stalker Club (22.7%)

So either Etrian Odyssey fans don't want to play the crossover or there aren't that many EO fans to begin with.

That's a world of difference. Everything in IS revolves around the concept of a Masquerade, so something is lost by changing the name to a Sentai reference.

I would argue that your just arguing over just semantics at this point, since really both terms work well in context of the game's story.

FluxWaveZ

So either Etrian Odyssey fans don't want to play the crossover or there aren't that many EO fans to begin with.

I think it's more that the number of fans who are interested in PQ because it's a Persona game is much higher than the number of fans who are interested in the game because it's an EO game (the fans don't have to be mutually exclusive between the Persona series or the EO series), so the percentage would naturally sway in the way it did.

cj_iwakura

I would argue that your just arguing over just semantics at this point, since really both terms work well in context of the game's story.

It works, but when you have an established name for a cult favorite clique dating back to '99, changing their name completely isn't bound to go over well. But then those few who did play IS and were new to it probably didn't care anyway.

It'd be like changing the name of the Spookies in Soul Hackers.

"Ok fine, we'll make sure that every actor is a young kid, Ken will be a baby so he won't get in the way".
Jokes aside, I can't say that I love him, but i don't hate him either. He's just there lol. Maybe P4AU will change that.

Yeah, I just can't hate any playable character in Persona so far. Even the Social Link random guys. Everyone is good and unique in a way. It's just like my friend Christina Aguilera says: you're beautiful, no matter what they say. lol
I'll take, "Things you'd never thought you'd hear for $2000", Alex.
lol I must be the only one who likes Ken, Kenji and Yosuke at the same time.

Yeah, I just can't hate any playable character in Persona so far. Even the Social Link random guys. Everyone is good and unique in a way. It's just like my friend Christina Aguilera says: you're beautiful, no matter what they say. lol

That's the beauty of Persona really. Just like in real life some people aren't as likeable as others, but that doesn't mean that these character don't have the right to live lol. I feel like Ken's arc will be his redemption, in which he grows up and becomes useful aha.

Zareka

You're not alone. Kenji and Yosuke were my bros, and Ken kicked ass as a healer/damage dealer combo from the moment I got him. Plus, I like his voice. The way he says his 'S''s is endearing.

That's the beauty of Persona really. Just like in real life some people aren't as likeable as others, but that doesn't mean that these character don't have the right to live lol. I feel like Ken's arc will be his redemption, in which he grows up and becomes useful aha.

He already looks really cool in P4AU
You're not alone. Kenji and Yosuke were my bros, and Ken kicked ass as a healer/damage dealer combo from the moment I got him. Plus, I like his voice. The way he says his 'S''s is endearing.
That was exactly my gameplay! Ken was an awesome addition in my party. And Kenji, along with Junpei and Ryoji would be my first choice party in Operation Babe Hunt. No ladies would be safe with this dream team. lol

Br_H88XCQAEqOQJ.jpg

The deadly robot maiden with red hair they call Mitsuru will execute us all.

biodude

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm going to bed in a bit, but wanted to ask what you thought of some of the new modifications to my WIP V2 Evoker design/ crits. Left is the original, right is the updated.

There's going to be a chamfer all around the trigger guard area, and wanted the plastic to possibly follow this. Some of the other changes were to make it closer to the movie version as well:

35f50be04e.png

Also for a side b-day present, I nabbed the original p3 that came with the artbook and soundtrack

a40d9a18cd.jpg

cj_iwakura

Hey guys, I'm going to bed in a bit, but wanted to ask what you thought of some of the new modifications to my WIP V2 Evoker design/ crits. Left is the original, right is the updated.

There's going to be a chamfer all around the trigger guard area, and wanted the plastic to possibly follow this. Some of the other changes were to make it closer to the movie version as well:

35f50be04e.png

Also for a side b-day present, I nabbed the original p3 that came with the artbook and soundtrack

a40d9a18cd.jpg

Brings back memories of when I took a week off for that release.
Then it got pushed back.

I miss that crisp Soejima art look.

Br_H88XCQAEqOQJ.jpg

The deadly robot maiden with red hair they call Mitsuru will execute us all.
Executions for all!

35f50be04e.png

a40d9a18cd.jpg
Neat stuff, also cool that the artbook is hardcover. Is that different from the one you can buy normally?

biodude

Neo Member
Executions for all!

Neat stuff, also cool that the artbook is hardcover. Is that different from the one you can buy normally?

There's a lot more content in the other book, but this one is neat to have- I have to recheck, not sure if there's any other stuff in this one not found in the official artworks. For the great price I got it for in basically new condition, I had to get it either way to add to my persona 3 collection :p

Also, it has a bunch of model shots of the protag and yukari, with p3mc holding a variety of different weapons (a whole page of just this)

There's a lot more content in the other book, but this one is neat to have- I have to recheck, not sure if there's any other stuff in this one not found in the official artworks. For the great price I got it for in basically new condition, I had to get it either way to add to my persona 3 collection :p

Also, it has a bunch of model shots of the protag and yukari, with p3mc holding a variety of different weapons (a whole page of just this)

Ah. The model stuff sounds cool but it seems the main draw for me on this vs the other would just be hardcover. I do prefer that but if the other one has more to it then it just sounds much better overall.

biodude

Neo Member
Ah. The model stuff sounds cool but it seems the main draw for me on this vs the other would just be hardcover. I do prefer that but if the other one has more then that's that it seems.

The hardcover is quite nice I must say, but the other one is much bigger though with a lot more content.

Yeah, that's one aspect of the Persona universe I would like to never see again. I prefer it when the kooky and weird shit is confined to the demons, shadows, and Personas and the "real world" is presented as convincingly realistic.

Kssio_Aug

I wonder if I will be able to maximize all social links on my 2nd playthrough. Im at October 13th and: Level 2 with Yosuke, Level 4 with Yukiko, Level 1 with Margaret, Level 3 with Kanji, Level 4 with Rise, Level 5 with Chie, Level 6 with Saki's Brother, Level 6 with Ai, Level 9 with Marie. All the others (that is plenty) I maximized already.

Will it be possible?? I ask this because december and january are really short months on this game!
I cant believe how hard it seems. I used a guide to answer everything right, used the right persona most of the times (may have forgotten 3 or 4 times total) and used every possible day to rise S. Links, and still there's plenty to max out! T-T

Jintor

Yeah, that's one aspect of the Persona universe I would like to never see again. I prefer it when the kooky and weird shit is confined to the demons, shadows, and Personas and the "real world" is presented as convincingly realistic.

I'm with you, but I'm okay with the robots we have now

Caladrius

It all really depends on if they think they can tell any new stories that AI could bring to the table.

That and whether or not robot waifus sell more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom