• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I hope shadow navigators make it into Ultimax. It'd at least make me notice them during a game.

Is it unrealistic to expect anymore surprises?

Well, at least we have one antagonistic navigator. Shadow navigators is the only missing element from the complaints I had from the first game going into this one, so maybe there'll be a few.

And for P4AU? Probably not (unrealistic).

That's right, I totally forgot that Dancing is going to be out in October, which if we go by your reasoning also has ~3 months of an info blow out (beginning of August till release in late October I assume). I still think they will give us some info at TGS though, that's the biggest gaming event in Japan after all. They might focus on P4D, but they will give us a tease or something like that for P5.

Man, I hope at the very least they give us a screenshot of P5 at TGS, but I'm not super hopeful. They'll probably continue their current marketing strategy and have a huge P4D blowout during the convention.

Dantis

Well, at least we have one antagonistic navigator. Shadow navigators is the only missing element from the complaints I had from the first game going into this one, so maybe there'll be a few.

And for P4AU? Probably not (unrealistic).

Wasn't story another one of your complaints? Or did you enjoy the original story?

Instead we gonna get cell phone AI girls.

tumblr_n73xygI6Up1qztgoio1_500.gif

This is where all the robogirls will lead us: NO FEET AT ALL.

Necks don't work that way, Similar to how Devil Survivor's female characters breasts look unnatural or rather just uncomfortable

You have wonder how they don't have back or neck problems with how large they are

Helium.

Wait just a moment

I need to correct another serious transgression

Pop quiz: Who's your favorite character?
Answer: Doesn't matter, because they're sure as shit not as awesome as Jolyne.

Now here's why:

Jolyne is basically what you'd get if you took the best aspects of each of the previous JoJo protagonists, and blended them together to create this apocalyptically awesome protagonist. Out of all the JoJo's, Jolyne is by far the most hard-edged/badass JoJo in the series. I'm not even kidding, check this shit out:

isNPBrl81UrLi.gif

Now if you're remotely familiar with JoJo, then you'd know that the characters don't directly do the fighting themselves, their stands do (Personas, basically). But not Jolyne. She will BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF YOU if she has to. Even everyone's favorite badass, Jotaro, doesn't throw a punch in most fights. Yes, Jolyne is actually tougher than Jotaro. Her stand let her turn herself into string, which sounds wimpy as hell on paper, but it's actually stupidly powerful/versatile. Framkly, Jolyne occupies this awkward middle ground wherein she's a strong female character in a media dominated and consumed by males. That alone makes her one of my favorite characters of all time.

TL;DR Jolyne Cujoh should be the Persona 5 protagonist. The end.

Aw yiss. For someone lacking a Y chromosome, Jolyne somehow manages to be one of the manliest characters in the series.

Looking at PK's posts sometimes I feel we're turning into DanganGAF or Jojo'sGAF

Quite frankly, I fail to see the problem with this ;P

Should P5 have 'hidden' ending paths like P4, or should the branch be more obvious like P3?

Im kinda conflicted about this, non-obvious paths can be cool to find, and make the choice seem more natural (at least compared to P3's branch). However, I wonder how many people got P4's bad or good ending and just assumed there was nothing else. I'm looking at some old forum posts and see people finishing P4 and saying "THAT'S IT!?"

Moonlight

Banned
I have no problem with alternate endings. I'm all for them. I just don't believe the criteria for the True Ending, however, should be obfuscated like it was in P4. P3 had the right idea for the most part.

After talking about her being the true killer, I drew a Yukiko.

HjKII1sl.png

This was fun to draw, everything about her is really elegant and it comes across well in her art. Hopefully I got it across with this too.

DNAbro

Should P5 have 'hidden' ending paths like P4, or should the branch be more obvious like P3?

Im kinda conflicted about this, non-obvious paths can be cool to find, and make the choice seem more natural (at least compared to P3's branch). However, I wonder how many people got P4's bad or good ending and just assumed there was nothing else. I'm looking at some old forum posts and see people finishing P4 and saying "THAT'S IT!?"

Either go all out and create multiple endings depending on what you do or do the one obvious ending. The fact that some people didn't see the true ending is a shame.

Mdesilva

HjKII1sl.png

This was fun to draw, everything about her is really elegant and it comes across well in her art. Hopefully I got it across with this too.
Wow, looks awesome!

(Click image for episode link)

Scrafty, Mdesilva. and PK hijacked the podcast to talk about some anime the kids like.
Don't forget Freakmonkey!

This was a fun show! As you guys will hear when you listen to this I was quite a bit nervous :p I'd do it again, though!

PK Gaming

Scrafty, Mdesilva. and PK hijacked the podcast to talk about some anime the kids like.

That was a fun podcast! I'm glad I was a part of it.

(Oh man, you're so quick!)

HjKII1sl.png

Niiiiiiice

I love to think up of scenarios where Yukiko is the true killer. You'd have to come up with multiple re-writes, but it would have made for a pretty devastating twist. Yukiko Amagi, your friend (or lover) is the true culprit. Could you imagine Chie's and Yosuke's reaction to that? It would make for a pretty intense confrontation scene, haha.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see how they handle official art of the P4 gang? The team would have to come up with 2 sets; one where Yukiko is "a part of the group" and another where she's the "true culprit." It would also be interesting to see how they would handle games like Persona 4 arena and what not.

I would prefer it at least not being a binary choice like P3 was. Something that's not as easy as reloading and picking the one other option after getting the bad ending.

Style

Banned

Hah, awesome episode! There is quite a bit of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fans in here (in fact that is how I got in to it), so it is awesome to hear some opinions on it.

There is one thing I got to say though. The original Jojo is too unappreciated!

iHZYRuknz5ouy.png

He went through a life of torture, but he stood firm and was so righteous that he made a hardcore criminal shed tears for him. He deserves more credit!

Jintor

I mean, JoJos is a series that is basically a whole heap of "AND THEN THIS THING HAPPENED. AND THEN THIS THING" but Fastcart's sudden conversion always struck me as hilariously convenient

I mean, JoJos is a series that is basically a whole heap of "AND THEN THIS THING HAPPENED. AND THEN THIS THING" but Fastcart's sudden conversion always struck me as hilariously convenient

Rapidtrolley was just lookin' for some love, man. Jonathan not murdering the crap out of him the first chance he got was the most love he'd ever received in his life!

CorvoSol

Eternal Punishment

Sewer dungeons are probably the worst thing ever in urban fantasy games.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

PK Gaming

Hah, awesome episode! There is quite a bit of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fans in here (in fact that is how I got in to it), so it is awesome to hear some opinions on it.

There is one thing I got to say though. The original Jojo is too unappreciated!

iHZYRuknz5ouy.png

He went through a life of torture, but he stood firm and was so righteous that he made a hardcore criminal shed tears for him. He deserves more credit!

I dunno, Jonathan's popularity (or lack thereof) is completely justified. He's this mixture of gut reactions and screaming, with little to no introspection. Critical thinking completely escapes him (outside of a few cases), and he spends most of his time screaming ''DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and preaching about how terrible Dio is (lmao) or stating the obvious.

(No fucking shit, did Scoobs help you come up with that deduction?)

Like I get that he was created in the late 80s, but man... Jonathan is pretty lame.

tumblr_mcij33lX241r0xobxo1_500.jpg

Note:
This is a man who tried to kill Jonathan a few days ago

biodude

Neo Member
Got home from work today and my younger brother had made me some persona 4 artwork. I'm at
adachi's dungeon
in p4, made it there last night. He thinks that
Adachi is super cool and slick (he totally is) for being the killer

P4 spoilers I guess lol:

(Spelling is intentional)

Just wondering, how are the other songs unlocked in p4g's 2008/9 live music videos? Just through progressing in the game?

CorvoSol

I like Jonathon Joestar specifically because all he does is scream "DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." The endless "JOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" "DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" was what made it great. I mean, he's no Joeseph, but Jonny's cool in an archetypal original hero way.

Style

Banned
I dunno, Jonathan's popularity (or lack thereof) is completely justified. He's this mixture of gut reactions and screaming, with little to no introspection. Critical thinking completely escapes him (outside of a few cases), and he spends most of his time screaming ''DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and preaching about how terrible Dio is (lmao) or stating the obvious.

The simplicity of his character tips the scale towards his end, for me. He doesn't need to be intellectual or do critical thinking. He acts on intuition and righteousness. Even if it is a consequence of the story telling of the past, I think that it makes him stand out on his own. He is a true hero!
Not to mention, his final scene with Dio is pretty good.

He also got some pretty cool moves. Not lame at all.

PK Gaming

The simplicity of his character tips the scale towards his end, for me. He doesn't need to be intellectual or do critical thinking. He acts on intuition and righteousness. Even if it is a consequence of the story telling of the past, I think that it makes him stand out on his own. He is a true hero!
Not to mention, his final scene with Dio is pretty good.

He also got some pretty cool moves. Not lame at all.

All of that stuff makes him hella boring for me.

I guess the beatdown he gave to Dio was pretty decent.

i1Z4sBbWvk8ta.gif

FluxWaveZ

The difficulty of PS3 development and using their own engine.

Why couldn't they just stick with Gamebryo?

Because they'll be able to produce a higher quality product by working with their own internally developed engine? One that could accomodate precisely what they wish to achieve with Persona 5 and one that could prove simpler to implement than a third party engine? One that could prove to be resourceful and accelerate processes when it comes to internal development for games past Persona 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom