• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

LEEEEEEEEEEAVE

ehh why

tumblr_n7c6kavfjr1qjfvtso3_r1_500.gif

PK Gaming

Wait just a moment

I need to correct another serious transgression

Joseph Joestar should be the Persona 5 protagonist
Sorry, I need to correct this heinous transgression

Josuke Higashikata should be the Persona 5 protagonist

(Awesome gif)

Don't get me wrong, Joseph Joestar is still amazing, but Josuke is on a whole other level.

I think i'm going to use Yukiko on my main team in PQ out of respect for him.

Pop quiz: Who's your favorite character?
Answer: Doesn't matter, because they're sure as shit not as awesome as Jolyne.

Now here's why:

Jolyne is basically what you'd get if you took the best aspects of each of the previous JoJo protagonists, and blended them together to create this apocalyptically awesome protagonist. Out of all the JoJo's, Jolyne is by far the most hard-edged/badass JoJo in the series. I'm not even kidding, check this shit out:

isNPBrl81UrLi.gif

Now if you're remotely familiar with JoJo, then you'd know that the characters don't directly do the fighting themselves, their stands do (Personas, basically). But not Jolyne. She will BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF YOU if she has to. Even everyone's favorite badass, Jotaro, doesn't throw a punch in most fights. Yes, Jolyne is actually tougher than Jotaro. Her stand let her turn herself into string, which sounds wimpy as hell on paper, but it's actually stupidly powerful/versatile. Framkly, Jolyne occupies this awkward middle ground wherein she's a strong female character in a media dominated and consumed by males. That alone makes her one of my favorite characters of all time.

TL;DR Jolyne Cujoh should be the Persona 5 protagonist. The end.

Meia

Wait just a moment

Now here's why:

Jolyne is basically what you'd get if you took the best aspects of each of the previous JoJo protagonists, and blended them together to create this apocalyptically awesome protagonist. Out of all the JoJo's, Jolyne is by far the most hard-edged/badass JoJo in the series. I'm not even kidding, check this shit out:

isNPBrl81UrLi.gif

Now if you're remotely familiar with JoJo, then you'd know that the characters don't directly do the fighting themselves, their stands do (Personas, basically). But not Jolyne. She will BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF YOU if she has to. Even everyone's favorite badass, Jotaro, doesn't throw a punch in most fights. Yes, Jolyne is actually tougher than Jotaro. Her stand let her turn herself into string, which sounds wimpy as hell on paper, but it's actually stupidly powerful/versatile. Framkly, Jolyne occupies this awkward middle ground wherein she's a strong female character in a media dominated and consumed by males. That alone makes her one of my favorite characters of all time.

So....she's the Chie of JoJo?

I'm ok with this. :D

CorvoSol

Futurama reference.

The term is a lot older than that. I mean people have been thinking about having sex with robots for a long, long time. I was like, 14 when I first read Asimov's stuff and some of the first books he wrote about robots hinged upon people having sex with them as a key plot point.

People have been thinking about having sex with robots for probably as long as they have been thinking about having robots.

Does that mean that, if I play with battle retry ON I can let the party dies to get those Risette lines and they will count, even if MC dies?

Cannot confirm but I would assume so. I played with dungeon retry on and got the trophy when my party was wiped out. I had died previously in the game though and gotten a different line from rise.

But yeah, make sure every party member dies a couple times since she has 2 or 3 lines for each character.

kewlmyc

Wait just a moment

Now here's why:

isNPBrl81UrLi.gif

You've changed your opinion 3 times in the course of a few weeks dude. :p Should we expect a fourth when you read Steel Ball Run?

Kssio_Aug

Cannot confirm but I would assume so. I played with dungeon retry on and got the trophy when my party was wiped out. I had died previously in the game though and gotten a different line from rise.

But yeah, make sure every party member dies a couple times since she has 2 or 3 lines for each character.

Thanks!! Im definitely gonna use that then! =)

Heh, I'll pass and just stick to watching other stuff like Sailor Moon Crystal.
Speaking of which, liked the first episode and excited to hear the English dub when it comes out along with the new redub of of the old series, since there is a few Persona VAs in there, like Stephine Sheh, Johnny Young Bosch, Michelle Ruff, and of course Cindy Robinson as the Queen of NEGAVERSE

Any word on region lock yet? I'm holding off on preordering an import until I know if it's region free for sure.

No news either way so far. I'm the same as you, if EU release is simultaneous then I'll buy in EU. I'll import if release is delayed but not region locked.

Zareka

No news either way so far. I'm the same as you, if EU release is simultaneous then I'll buy in EU. I'll import if release is delayed but not region locked.

Ah, damn. I thought I read something about getting news this last week but obviously that didn't happen.

I'm hoping I won't need to import but I think I will either way; even if we do get a simultaneous release, I can't see us getting all those awesome preorder bonuses with it. :(

ST2K

Persona 5 marketing has to start after these games (P4A2, PQ, P4:DAN) get out the door, right? We know surprisingly little about that game considering it's so close.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 5 marketing has to start after these games (P4A2, PQ, P4:DAN) get out the door, right? We know surprisingly little about that game considering it's so close.

We don't know how close it is.

Ah, damn. I thought I read something about getting news this last week but obviously that didn't happen.

It was Atlus PR who said that he was hopefully going to get updated it on that last week. We don't know if he did or not.

FluxWaveZ

Winter 2014 was announced, was it not?

Yes, but winter of a year extends into the next. That is used often in terms of release terminology, just like how it was apparently used for Catherine when "winter 2010" actually meant "February 2011."

ST2K

Yes, but winter of a year extends into the next. That is used often in terms of release terminology, just like how it was apparently used for Catherine when "winter 2010" actually meant "February 2011."

Even so, it's still ~6 months from release and we know nothing about it.

Zareka

It was Atlus PR who said that he was hopefully going to get updated it on that last week. We don't know if he did or not.

Oh, oops, I didn't mean to sound that harsh about it. All I meant is that we hadn't heard anything yet.

Hoping we hear more about it soon so I can put down that preorder!
Even so, it's still ~6 months from release and we know nothing about it.

Didn't they announce P3P about 3 months before it was released? I know it was just a port, but still, that leaves plenty of time for Atlus to start dropping info bombs. :p

In a way, I kind of hope they get DAN marketed and released before moving on to Persona 5. I'm really excited for DAN and don't want that to be drowned out by P5 news.

P5 is only going to be shown after P4AU is out in japan. And since TGS will be right around the corner, I would say the earliest we will see anything from it will be there. I'd be happy with just seeing what the main cast looks like, but I can't wait to see what they have cooked up gameplay wise too.

ST2K

Didn't they announce P3P about 3 months before it was released? I know it was just a port, but still, that leaves plenty of time for Atlus to start dropping info bombs. :p

Definitely. I'm just impatiently looking forward to it. It's been 6 years since we had a new (mainline) Persona game!

arue

P5 is only going to be shown after P4AU is out in japan. And since TGS will be right around the corner, I would say the earliest we will see anything from it will be there. I'd be happy with just seeing what the main cast looks like, but I can't wait to see what they have cooked up gameplay wise too.

I'd say P5 would be shown right before P4D is released because they can't let P5 to take all the hype away from P4D.

If we do get some P5 info before P4D is released (assuming in October), then it wouldn't be any character design or screenshoots; it would be another magazine article.

I know Flux said Atlus isn't (that) crazy to reveal P5 info that late. But if P5 is released in 2015, then Atlus have 3 months to give out screenshoots and/or character trailers, which should be enough time to build the hype.

That's right, I totally forgot that Dancing is going to be out in October, which if we go by your reasoning also has ~3 months of an info blow out (beginning of August till release in late October I assume). I still think they will give us some info at TGS though, that's the biggest gaming event in Japan after all. They might focus on P4D, but they will give us a tease or something like that for P5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5vZyKITDM

Hanamonogatari needs to start sooner.
Yeah, it starts mid-August. It's too far away.
I want Kizumonogatari too, that teaser is awesome. And it's such an important part of the story.

As an aside, I actually really enjoyed the Monogatari series.

Corvo will never forget the oral hygiene he saw that day.
I think anyone who has seen that scene won't be able to forget it

Do we have a MonogatariGAF? Because I think it's needed.

FluxWaveZ

It is a "Fall 2014", late Oct - early Nov are in my mind the most likely release dates for it, if we are to assume that they are going with that 3 month gap in there

Then wouldn't it be late November if they continued with the 3 month gap between games?

I went with what he said on the post above me if u scroll up a little bit :p we have no facts all we can do is throw conjecture around.

Sure, but there's nothing inherently wrong with speculation based on precedent. I thought the 3-month gap referred to releases, but I guess it refers to information blow-out. If it were to start with TGS in September, then that'd be December. I guess that's the latest it'd happen, so something like getting info in August and then a release in November sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom