• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Because they'll be able to produce a higher quality product by working with their own internally developed engine? One that could accomodate precisely what they wish to achieve with Persona 5 and one that could prove simpler to implement than a third party engine? One that could prove to be resourceful and accelerate processes when it comes to internal development for games past Persona 5?

The major problem is that they're going to have to port it to PS4 sooner rather than later, unless they really try to pull another Persona 4 and make 6 within two years of 5.

FluxWaveZ

The major problem is that they're going to have to port it to PS4 sooner rather than later, unless they really try to pull another Persona 4 and make 6 within 2 years of 5.

I don't see how that's a problem relevant to their choice of engine. We don't know the capabilities of their supposedly new engine or what it was designed to accommodate. For all we know, it could have been created specifically with PS3/PSV/PS4 development in mind.

Style

Banned
When's Ultimax.

All of that stuff makes him hella boring for me.

I guess the beatdown he gave to Dio was pretty decent.

i1Z4sBbWvk8ta.gif

Like you said on the podcast, the first three episodes are really what makes Part 1. After that it just turns in to Castlevania.

Because they'll be able to produce a higher quality product by working with their own internally developed engine? One that could accomodate precisely what they wish to achieve with Persona 5 and one that could prove simpler to implement than a third party engine? One that could prove to be resourceful and accelerate processes when it comes to internal development for games past Persona 5?

We'll see if it takes them too long or not though.

When's Ultimax.

Like you said on the podcast, the first three episodes are really what makes Part 1... After that it just turns in to Castlevania.

I for one like Castlevania :S

well except Simon's Quest. And the N64 games. And the first gameboy game. And Lords of Shadow 1 (though that wasn't so much a bad game, just felt more like a hack and slash with the Castlevania name, and a shitty Shadows of the Colossus fight).

Caladrius

I don't see how that's a problem relevant to their choice of engine. We don't know the capabilities of their supposedly new engine or what it was designed to accommodate. For all we know, it could have been created specifically with PS3/PSV/PS4 development in mind.

I concede the point.

FluxWaveZ

We'll see if it takes them too long or not though.

Do you care more about how long it will take for the game to be released or how good it will be? If Hashino's statement that they opted to develop their own internal engine for the game is correct, then of course it would take longer than making Persona 5 out of Gamebryo, Unreal or Unity. It would also make it better. Not to mention the fact that making it with Gamebryo could have potentially made the process even longer and/or more strenuous given that it might not be the best engine to use in order to create whatever their vision is for the game.

Calm down, a delay hasn't even been announced. So talk of the game being better or not is all hypothetical. :lol

I am calm, but I'm curious as to what you would prefer since it seems you would have rather they used Gamebryo. I know there are some who would forsake game quality for a quicker release.

And I dunno, I think I feel pretty safe in saying that if they chose to use their own engine to develop the game, it's because they thought it would be better than going with Gamebryo? That's how Hashino made it sound, anyways.

Do you care more about how long it will take for the game to be released or how good it will be? If Hashino's statement that they opted to develop their own internal engine for the game is correct, then of course it would take longer than making Persona 5 out of Gamebryo, Unreal or Unity. It would also make it better.

Calm down, a delay hasn't even been announced. So talk of the game being better or not is all hypothetical. :lol

Style

Banned
I for one like Castlevania :S

well except Simon's Quest. And the N64 games. And the first gameboy game. And Lords of Shadow 1 (though that wasn't so much a bad game, just felt more like a hack and slash with the Castlevania name, and a shitty Shadows of the Colossus fight).

That's not what I meant... Castlevania is a great series!

kewlmyc

I dunno, Jonathan's popularity (or lack thereof) is completely justified. He's this mixture of gut reactions and screaming, with little to no introspection. Critical thinking completely escapes him (outside of a few cases), and he spends most of his time screaming ''DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and preaching about how terrible Dio is (lmao) or stating the obvious.

(No fucking shit, did Scoobs help you come up with that deduction?)

Like I get that he was created in the late 80s, but man... Jonathan is pretty lame.

tumblr_mcij33lX241r0xobxo1_500.jpg

Note:
This is a man who tried to kill Jonathan a few days ago

I thought you were cool, but then you started talkin shit about Jonathan, the purest Jojo. The one who started it all. The classy British gentleman who is good with a sword and had good taste in dogs and women. The one who didn't fully hate Dio even after all he did. The one who doesn't
cheat on his wife
, have a tacky haircut, or have daddy issues. :p

Real talk though, I like all the Jojo's from what I've read/watch/heard about them
except for maybe GioGio. Need to actually read his story.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Sorry for the Biden .gif. I've been in meetings all day, and those bring out the worst in me. I will accept your ear flicks with penitent stoicism.

But in regards to Ultimax, we actually got some pro players (Ho-chan, Good Loser and Jyosua) to come down and show off some of the new character moves, combos, etc. They're uploading to YouTube right now, but I'll drop links here when they finish.

It's Suuuuper technical stuff though, so if things like "5B," "Dash Cancel," and "Hitbox" don't make any sense to you, the video may be a bit tough to digest. But if you're really looking forward to Ultimax/EVO, etc. or like watching insane combo stuff, check it out.

They're both ~50 minutes, and they cover Narukami, Brosuke, Mitsuru, PerShona, Worst Girl Yukiko, and some of the shadow characters. Maybe Rise too? I forget.

Stay tuned! Also, I packed our streaming PC for evo, and we're going to try and livestream the whole damn thing (assuming the bandwidth doesn't crap out.)

Hehe. Im sure Atlus have a plan in place to market P5 effectively and get it out on time

Id imagine it would be very difficult to market all 4 new persona games at once. I reckon once ultimax is released, your going to see an overload of content for dance and P5. We may be lucky enough to get a teaser trailer for each game before then however.

Personally i reckon all resources should be dedicated towards Ultimax since that is the next game to be released.

Only time will tell my friends.

Style

Banned
Sorry for the Biden .gif. I've been in meetings all day, and those bring out the worst in me. I will accept your ear flicks with penitent stoicism.

But in regards to Ultimax, we actually got some pro players (Ho-chan, Good Loser and Jyosua) to come down and show off some of the new character moves, combos, etc. They're uploading to YouTube right now, but I'll drop links here when they finish.

It's Suuuuper technical stuff though, so if things like "5B," "Dash Cancel," and "Hitbox" don't make any sense to you, the video may be a bit tough to digest. But if you're really looking forward to Ultimax/EVO, etc. or like watching insane combo stuff, check it out.

They're both ~50 minutes, and they cover Narukami, Brosuke, Mitsuru, PerShona, Worst Girl Yukiko, and some of the shadow characters. Maybe Rise too? I forget.

Stay tuned! Also, I packed our streaming PC for evo, and we're going to try and livestream the whole damn thing (assuming the bandwidth doesn't crap out.)

Awesome.

EDIT:
By the way for future reference. Next time you guys at Atlus are streaming Ultimax, turn up the in-game volume! The streams are awesome and appreciated, but it is always so hard to hear what is actually going on in the game.

Sounds good. Ill be sure to watch all of it.

Worst Girl Yukiko,

Howdareyou.gif

PK Gaming

I thought you were cool, but then you started talkin shit about Jonathan, the purest Jojo. The one who started it all. The classy British gentleman who is good with a sword and had good taste in dogs and women. The one who didn't fully hate Dio even after all he did. The one who doesn't
cheat on his wife
, have a tacky haircut, or have daddy issues. :p

Real talk though, I like all the Jojo's from what I've read/watch/heard about them
except for maybe GioGio. Need to actually read his story.

Haha

You should definitely read Vento Aureo when you have the chance. Don't you worry about Giorno; everyone knows that the true main protagonist of part V is Bruno Buccellati.

D2hHrfl.png

I'm seriously salivating right now. I loooooove this stuff.

Mdesilva

Oh my god, I can never get enough of Stunedge's Yukiko.

omg I live for this stuff, continue

Zg8xZbj.gif

can't.wait.

FluxWaveZ

As long as it's not just a description of a character's normals and their associated hitboxes and other properties like being dash/jump cancelable (unless it's Rise or Ken), I'm totally in.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
As long as it's not just a description of a character's normals and their associated hitboxes and other properties like being dash/jump cancelable (unless it's Rise or Ken), I'm totally in.

There's a lot of that in it, but then you see how they string together some of the combos and it gets nuts. (Good Loser's Yosuke is particularly bonkers). They go into stuff like what moves cause knockdowns now, Fatal Counter stuff, etc.

Oh, and I just double checked, Ho-chan shows off some Yukari in part 2. (which is like...3 hours away from finishing its upload)

Mdesilva

If you guys are gonna be at EVO, maybe you could pull some top players aside to make some more of these videos? I'm sure it's much more difficult than that but it'd be awesome, and most of them will be there!

Also, any details on the "P4AU exhibition" that's on the Madcatz stream schedule?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
If you guys are gonna be at EVO, maybe you could pull some top players aside to make some more of these videos? I'm sure it's much more difficult than that but it'd be awesome, and most of them will be there!

Also, any details on the "P4AU exhibition" that's on the Madcatz stream schedule?

I packed our streaming PC for EVO. gonna livestream the whole damn thing, or at least record it all.

Not entirely sure who/what we've got for the P4AU exhibition, but I think Madcatz will also be streaming the top 8 of the P4A tourney.

Oh god this all sounds so hype

iyoa6w8hUWWDh.gif

I can't wait for these videos.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

For this, your ear is saved.

I'd need a step-stool to do it anyway.

Sophia

Worst Girl Yukiko

Well okay then. :|

Here's a question to you all. What place would you rank yukiko among the p4 female cast (rise, chie, naoto, yukiko, ms kashiwagi lol etc)

Delivering! Took for-goddamn-ever to upload, but I even through in some fancy-pants annotations so you can jump around if you want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Uk7wZzwmE

Part 2 is uploading.

Dammit, i was just about to go to bed. It's 3AM here. Oh well, looks like im staying up for another couple of hours :p

Tamanon

Banned
Here's a question to you all. What place would you rank yukiko among the p4 female cast (rise, chie, naoto, yukiko, ms kashiwagi lol etc)

Dammit, i was just about to go to bed. It's 3AM here. Oh well, looks like im staying up for another couple of hours :p

I'd rank it Rise > Chie > Ai > Naoto > Eri > Sayako > Kashiwagi > Yukiko > Hanako. I honestly didn't really like Yukiko's character too much. I can see what they were trying to do with her, but she just seemed boring to me.

Rhapsody

Banned

Rise > Naoto > Chie/Yukiko

I actually like the character, first girl party member S Link I maxed too. It's just there's a lot of other good characters.

Squire

Banned
Eternal Punishment

Sewer dungeons are probably the worst thing ever in urban fantasy games.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Sewers and factories are the most uninspired locales in video games period. I remember seone telling me that was one of their big issues with Revengeance.

Sophia

Sewers and factories are the most uninspired locales in video games period. I remember seone telling me that was one of their big issues with Revengeance.

Chapter 2 of Revengeance does indeed suck for that reason. Luckily it's the only chapter in the game like that.

Caladrius

I liked The Great Underpass of Ginza in Nocturne, mild navigational beefs aside.

Chapter 2 of Revengeance does indeed suck for that reason. Luckily it's the only chapter in the game like that.

The sewers themselves weren't really the problem.

It was the fucking Mastiffs in close quarters.

Evil.

EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Naoto
(But better w/ Kanji anyways)
> Yukiko > Marie>= Ai > Chie > Sayoko > Margaret > Yumi > Rise

Exactly. Plus, it was early so it's quickly out of mind.

PK Gaming

I really hate ranking girls separately from guys, but if I had to, i'd go:

Rise > Chie > Yukiko > Ai > Marie*> Margeret > Nanako > Kashiwagi > Eri > Ayane > Hisano > Sayoko >Yumi > Hanako

*Ordinarily i'd rank her dead last, but Marie's characterization in PQ makes her actually somewhat likable. Dead serious.

FluxWaveZ

Watching part 1 of the P4AU Pro Day video, nice to see that Yosuke's "Woo!" at the end of his new super was kept, heh.

Much more educational than I thought it would be going in. I knew a lot about what was shown and discussed from stuff like update notes, the mook and static images, but it's different when things are shown demonstratively and explained (in English). Was weirdly sad they didn't show off Minazuki's cross-up AoA, heh. Looking forward to part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom