• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

God! Im not having much luck with Persona 4 random stuff!!

I may have opened more then a hundred chests already (summing up my 1st and 2nd playthrough) and just found the reaper once when I was level 40 at my 1st playthrough on normal mode! Cant find it anymore by any chance! I just opened at about 20~30 chests in a row at Rise's Dungeon while finding enemies to get some Risette Lines and cant find that damn Reaper!!

Also, counting 170 Risette Lines already on that 2nd playthrough! But the new lines are getting harder to find now! I guess that it throw away that theory that the lines carry over to NG+. I cant believe I could not find other 80 different lines on my 1st playthrough with more then 90 hours in.

DNAbro

I may have opened more then a hundred chests already (summing up my 1st and 2nd playthrough) and just found the reaper once when I was level 40 at my 1st playthrough on normal mode! Cant find it anymore by any chance! I just opened at about 20~30 chests in a row at Rise's Dungeon while finding enemies to get some Risette Lines and cant find that damn Reaper!!

Also, counting 170 Risette Lines already on that 2nd playthrough! But the new lines are getting harder to find now! I guess that it throw away that theory that the lines carry over to NG+. I cant believe I could not find other 80 different lines on my 1st playthrough with more then 90 hours in.

there is a certain thing you can do in Yukiko's dungeon that can force the reaper to appear. Don't remember how to do it though.

Just finished the part 1 video, oh man the hype's getting up there again. The whole thing was great, especially the Mitsuru section since that gives me a solid idea of the changes I'll be dealing with (also I'm so happy 5C is dash-cancel OK now which I always wanted from the first game, also how did I not know this before today lol).

I've had the worst luck for Reapers as well. Whenever I hear the chains rattling the only other chest left would be a Golden one >_>

Moonlight

Banned
Man, this video is seriously good stuff. I'm loving practically every Yosuke change that's been made.

...although at the risk of sounding as green as I am, one of the changes I'm most excited for is the simpler input for kunai. >_>

Kssio_Aug

there is a certain thing you can do in Yukiko's dungeon that can force the reaper to appear. Don't remember how to do it though.
I will take a look on that then! Just after I finish that Hardcore Risette Fan trophy now!

I got the Hardcore Risette fan trophy my first playthrough without even knowing about it.
Yeah, some people was that luck! But on my 1st playthrough I took a long time in each dungeon and was never much stronger (always started a dungeon weak and finished it at just the right level)... and still wasnt able to get those lines. However I used only one party the entire game, that was probably the main reason. But now Im using everyone, getting stats aliments, and keeping a track of every single line I get... hopefully I will be able to get it soon!

BossRush

Guys here me out.

What if there was a persona game where the plot took place in an MMO. Like, instead of the MC being a new kid in town, they've lived their all their life, but they've been a recluse, only leaving for school and what not.

So one day a new MMO comes out, and the MC starts to play it, and shadows and stuff start happening or w/e. And he starts making friends with people on the same server as him, which, for convenience sake are mostly people in the town he lives in. And as everyone tries to figure out what's going on, they start meeting up in real life and become friends and social links happen.

Guys here me out.

What if there was a persona game where the plot took place in an MMO. Like, instead of the MC being a new kid in town, they've lived their all their life, but they've been a recluse, only leaving for school and what not.

So one day a new MMO comes out, and the MC starts to play it, and shadows and stuff start happening or w/e. And he starts making friends with people on the same server as him, which, for convenience sake are mostly people in the town he lives in. And as everyone tries to figure out what's going on, they start meeting up in real life and become friends and social links happen.

Seems like Persona meets Sword Art Online. lol

I'd play it.

PK Gaming

I'd only play it if all voice actors involved pinky promise to come back for every spin off and anime adaptation.

tumblr_mv35f5A67b1spdy36o1_250.gif
tumblr_mv35f5A67b1spdy36o3_250.gif
tumblr_mv35f5A67b1spdy36o2_250.gif

tumblr_mv35f5A67b1spdy36o5_250.gif
tumblr_mv35f5A67b1spdy36o7_250.gif
tumblr_mv35f5A67b1spdy36o9_250.gif

I just got Megaten-ed out of a 30 minute battle in P3P while fighting (end game spoilers)
The Emperor and Empress arcana rematch
! Both the enemies had matching weaknesses by sheer luck, I had Akihiko masukunda, Junpei use up a masukukaja item, and MC was buffed and ready to deal the final hit(s) on them both. I used arrow rain(?), the one that deals multi-hit medium damage, and unfortunately missed both of them. The turn ends, the first one cast megidolaon, the party takes about half damage. The the other guy goes for god hand, hits akihiko with a crit, then goes around the party getting crits everytime, and finally ends it off with his AOE attack as I was the magic pixel away from winning.

Time to grind some more levels.

Dantis

Well okay then. :|

But seriously, it's the truth.

I really hate ranking girls separately from guys, but if I had to, i'd go:

Rise > Chie > Yukiko > Ai > Marie*> Margeret > Nanako > Kashiwagi > Eri > Ayane > Hisano > Sayoko >Yumi > Hanako

*Ordinarily i'd rank her dead last, but Marie's characterization in PQ makes her actually somewhat likable. Dead serious.

Naoto is so good that she isn't even on here? :O

Krogan

Just finished Persona 3 Fes The Journey and wow what an amazing game. I had always wanted to get into the series but didn't have a PS3 or Vita and I just recently purchased a used PS3. I will say I had a rough start with this game, I feel the freedom early on was overwhelming. For the first few months I didn't really know how often I should visit Tartarus or when I should fuse persona(or even registering them to begin with). Using a social link guide really helped me see all the game had to offer and took out the stress of how best to spend my days. I'll probably wait a few days to start Persona 4(I can't wait to see the improvements) so I don't get burned out.

Here's a question to you all. What place would you rank yukiko among the p4 female cast (rise, chie, naoto, yukiko, ms kashiwagi lol etc)

Well, the female portion of the main cast are flawed all in their own ways.

Chie: She's kind of a one note character. Like it's really apparent when the group has their discussions on the culprit, and her lines sound the same no matter how far into the plot you are. I also think she has the weakest s.link as a result. It just feels like a side story. It doesn't really add to her character in any meaningful way. Her P4A story is actually better in that regard.

Yukiko: As time goes on, her presence in the group is stifled by more extroverted characters and she in turn is flanderized. For instance. the scene showing her silliness with the nose glasses was one of the better group moments of the game. But since there aren't Yukiko focused scenes in the future, there's no way to showcase that part of her personality. She devolves into just laughing at group arguments like an automated laugh track. There's also this contradiction with Yukiko's portrayal. Her premise initially was, beyond her popularity in school and duties to her family, she was an ordinary, personable girl. But as the story goes on, she's fed all these randomly off-the-wall quirks that don't fall in line with that initial characterization. It turns her into a joke character on par with Teddie.
Rise: blatant wish fulfillment character. character development from her shadow encounter to her social link goes in a circle.

Naoto: A combination of joining too late, being a tool for exposition and being the furthest thing from normal makes her stick out like a sore thumb. Meshes the least with the group. Her character arc is also too disjointed. Weakest aesthetic design of the bunch too IMO.

Marie:
Cheesy cliche doomsday damsel. Cheesy cliche tsundere. Cheesy cliche hot springs scene.
I only played Persona 4 Golden, and I think the game would have been better off without her.

so probably
Chie > Naoto = Yukiko > Rise > Marie

Dantis

Uh, has this full P4GA trailer been posted here yet? Has the new opening song and everything.

The track is decent, but it doesn't sound like Meguro, which is interesting. I have no idea what to make of the animation clips.

Dantis

Weird that people didn't really talk about it.

Also, Next Chance To Move On is easily the most 'normal' sounding Persona opening track, for better or for worse. It just sounds like an actual pop song.

Also, Next Chance To Move On is easily the most 'normal' sounding Persona opening track, for better or for worse. It just sounds like an actual pop song.

I just love the irony of the name of that song, when this is the fourth time we're visiting this story.

Sounds like they keep missing the chance to move on.

From the trailer it doesn't look like they will be doing that Golden exclusive scenes thing. How they will manage to pull off an entire 40-50 hour game plot into 12 episodes, I have no clue
not to be negative but right now I can't see this ending well lol...

hao chi

I'm a bit thankful part 2 isn't up yet, or else I probably wouldn't be able to pull myself away from my computer to get ready for work.

I'm a bit thankful part 2 isn't up yet, or else I probably wouldn't be able to pull myself away from my computer to get ready for work.

Part one kept me entertained during my lunch break!

I guess there's no word on region locking still? Can't wait for it to be released.

Having watched part one made me both get really interested and sad, because I don't know 90% of the terminology/combos being used. That level of play and understanding of the mechanics just seems way out of my league, no wonder I get rocked all the time online aha.

biodude

Neo Member
It looks like Junpei is the only P3 character who doesn't need an evoker for their instant kill. I guess that's because he's DA MAN.

Aw man. I mean, he is da man naturally- but it is kinda a shame there isn't an evoker involved in his instant kill.

Would have been awesome for him to say "Check this out" and use his evoker

Really digging his instant though, cant wait to junpei every day in ultimax

kewlmyc

Nothing to really talk about. It looks like your standard PV with just footage from the first episode.

From the trailer it doesn't look like they will be doing that Golden exclusive scenes thing. How they will manage to pull off an entire 40-50 hour game plot into 12 episodes, I have no clue
not to be negative but right now I can't see this ending well lol...
It's just clips from the first episode. We'll have to see how the pacing is in the following episodes to see if the 12 episode thing is right.

I will still watch but idk if I'm the only one here who's a bit fed up of P4. Having done multiple play throughs and watched the other anime has me kind of burnt out of this specific storyline. I mean more Persona is always good, but just more of the same is a bit eh.

kewlmyc

I will still watch but idk if I'm the only one here who's a bit fed up of P4. Having done multiple play throughs and watched the other anime has me kind of burnt out of this specific storyline. I mean more Persona is always good, but just more of the same is a bit eh.

You're not the only one. There are plenty of people here that feel that way. Some even say that Atlus is milking P4 dry.

I'm starting to get sick of it myself, but I'm still excited for P4AU and PQ. I can't say I really all that excited for P4GA as well. It premieres the day I leave for Vegas and I'm not even care that I'm missing it.

You're not the only one. There are plenty of people here that feel that way. Some even say that Atlus is milking P4 dry.

I'm starting to get sick of it myself, but I'm still excited for P4AU and PQ. I can't say I really all that excited for P4GA as well. It premieres the day I leave for Vegas and I'm not even care that I'm missing it.
It's also the fact that on Thursdays there's already so much stuff that I'm watching (Glasslip, Tokyo Ghouls, and the upcoming Zankyou no Terror and the Psycho Pass remaster, all out on the same day as P4GA), that it's making me think twice. Do I really wanna see this all over again?

Now the new iterations of the storylinr are a different story. Hype as fuck for PQ, P4AU and P4D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom