• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
(October spoilers)
Teddie
>Yukiko=Rise>Margaret>Naoto>Chie>Sayoko>Marie> all those other characters I don't care about.

I'd rank it Rise > Chie > Ai > Naoto > Eri > Sayako > Kashiwagi > Yukiko > Hanako. I honestly didn't really like Yukiko's character too much. I can see what they were trying to do with her, but she just seemed boring to me.

Rise > Naoto > Chie/Yukiko

I actually like the character, first girl party member S Link I maxed too. It's just there's a lot of other good characters.

Kanji >>>>>>>> Naoto = Rise > Yukiko = Chie > Yumi

Didn't bother with other female social links.

Naoto
(But better w/ Kanji anyways)
> Yukiko > Marie>= Ai > Chie > Sayoko > Margaret > Yumi > Rise

Exactly. Plus, it was early so it's quickly out of mind.

I really hate ranking girls separately from guys, but if I had to, i'd go:

Rise > Chie > Yukiko > Ai > Marie*> Margeret > Nanako > Kashiwagi > Eri > Ayane > Hisano > Sayoko >Yumi > Hanako

*Ordinarily i'd rank her dead last, but Marie's characterization in PQ makes her actually somewhat likable. Dead serious.

Rise > Margaret > Kashiwagi > Yukiko > Chie > Naoto > Ai > Marie > Sayoko > Ayane > Eri > Hisano >Hanako

so probably
Chie > Naoto = Yukiko > Rise > Marie

yukiko - 2 (myself included)
rise - 4
chie - 1
naoto - 2

Rise is the favorite i see.

3-2329.jpg

Wait we're rating the P4 ladies?

WELL

YOU GUYS CAN ALREADY EXPECT WHAT I'M GONNA VOTE

Rise > Ai > Yukiko > Chie > Naoto

Not counting Marie but if I did she would be super dead last, other ladies, well, mostly meh on, they would be above Chie but below Yukiko in some sort of random order, probably.

Except Hanako.

Though, I have to say, I find DryEyeRelief's on the main P4 ladies very interesting. Something I'll look at when my sister ends up (eventually) starting Persona 4.

Sophia

I don't think it's quite fair just to rate all the girls, but at the same time I feel as if it'd be pointless to rate all the guys. Because we know who would be on top. >_>;

I don't think it's quite fair just to rate all the girls, but at the same time I feel as if it'd be pointless to rate all the guys. Because we know who would be on top. >_>;

Ken
or
Yosuke

Sounds like fanfic

Need to stop, can't.

Help

Wait we're rating the P4 ladies?

WELL

YOU GUYS CAN ALREADY EXPECT WHAT I'M GONNA VOTE

Rise > Ai > Yukiko > Chie > Naoto

Marie > Yukiko > Ai > Margaret > Nanako

DNAbro

Well, the female portion of the main cast are flawed all in their own ways.

Chie: She's kind of a one note character. Like it's really apparent when the group has their discussions on the culprit, and her lines sound the same no matter how far into the plot you are. I also think she has the weakest s.link as a result. It just feels like a side story. It doesn't really add to her character in any meaningful way. Her P4A story is actually better in that regard.

Yukiko: As time goes on, her presence in the group is stifled by more extroverted characters and she in turn is flanderized. For instance. the scene showing her silliness with the nose glasses was one of the better group moments of the game. But since there aren't Yukiko focused scenes in the future, there's no way to showcase that part of her personality. She devolves into just laughing at group arguments like an automated laugh track. There's also this contradiction with Yukiko's portrayal. Her premise initially was, beyond her popularity in school and duties to her family, she was an ordinary, personable girl. But as the story goes on, she's fed all these randomly off-the-wall quirks that don't fall in line with that initial characterization. It turns her into a joke character on par with Teddie.
Rise: blatant wish fulfillment character. character development from her shadow encounter to her social link goes in a circle.

Naoto: A combination of joining too late, being a tool for exposition and being the furthest thing from normal makes her stick out like a sore thumb. Meshes the least with the group. Her character arc is also too disjointed. Weakest aesthetic design of the bunch too IMO.

Marie:
Cheesy cliche doomsday damsel. Cheesy cliche tsundere. Cheesy cliche hot springs scene.
I only played Persona 4 Golden, and I think the game would have been better off without her.

so probably
Chie > Naoto = Yukiko > Rise > Marie

Wasn't one of the points of Yukiko's character was that she wasn't really what everyone thought she was? Chie was the only person who knew that side of her until she started to open up to other people showing off what she was really like. There was even a part in chie's s link where that one guy was shocked to see Yukiko laughing like that, yet chie says that is how she always was.

Sophia

He doesn't talk, eats mold from the fridge, and will probably cheat on you. Flawless perfect husbando.

Hey now. Canonically that last one hasn't happened! Next you're going to say the P3 protagonist is a bad person for any of the negative choices you can make. :p

And he seems pretty talkative in Arena and the anime.

kewlmyc

Hey now. Canonically that last one hasn't happened! Next you're going to say the P3 protagonist is a bad person for any of the negative choices you can make. :p

Makoto is even worse. He will DEFINITELY cheat on you (with Siri of all things), not talk to you, and spend every night at the arcade or drinking with old people rather than spending time with you.

please don't take me seriously

Dantis

Pretty much. Especially Yu. How could you not rank a guy like that top? He's like the perfect husband!

And now is the revelation that Sophia has a crush on Narukami.

PK Gaming

But seriously, it's the truth.

Naoto is so good that she isn't even on here? :O

I'd place her after Ai

Chie shouldn't have pulled that crossdressing bullshit on all the guys just to get revenge on Yosuke.

Rise did that, not Chie.

To be fair, he can also be a bad cook, that's up to the players!

During the cooking contest, Yu's meal is decent at worst. He also teaches Nanako how to cook in his arena ending, and has a cookbook in his room.

Haha, let's just do it! It's always bugged me that people always categorize the Persona girls, so I think we should do the same for the guys. Personally, i'd go:

Yu > Yosuke > Adachi> Kanji > Teddie > Dojima > Kou > Shu > Naoki > Daisuke > King Moron

OH MAN! I spent the entire day yesterday watching Giant Bomb's Endurance Run. I'm up to part 47, before Shadow Kanji. Man these guys are way too funny lol Now I like Funky Student and Misterious Fox way more. The only bad thing is that Chie is the main waifu (whom I completely ignored in my walkthrough except for like 2 ranks) and they chose Kou's and Yumi's routes which I didn't do so I had to skip those parts.
P4AU character's story details from their Famitsu article last month that I had only seen people translate dialogue from.
That's totally what he would do lol Maaaan the story's going to be amazing.
They're both ~50 minutes, and they cover Narukami, Brosuke, Mitsuru, PerShona, Worst Girl Yukiko, and some of the shadow characters. Maybe Rise too?
lol Thanks for these!
Here's a question to you all. What place would you rank yukiko among the p4 female cast (rise, chie, naoto, yukiko, ms kashiwagi lol etc.
Rise>Nanako>Ai>Naoto>Sayoko>Yukiko>Margaret>Kashiwagi>Chie>Ayane>Hanako>Hisano>Eri
I don't have Golden and didn't do Yumi's route so I don't know about her or Marie.
Yosuke went from meh to hero. He can definitely get away with calling himself "Yu's partner" now.
"I'm not a disappointment!"
Persona Q: The game where Makoto is unintentionally hilarious, and Yosuke is still very, very straight.
hqdefault.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
I'd put it together like...

Dojima > Kanji > Yosuke > Teddie > Kou > Yu > Adachi > Naoki > Shu > Daisuke > Morooka > Mitsuo.

EDIT:

Rise did that, not Chie.
You sure? I ran through that scene again and
I don't think there was ever anything that indicated Rise did it.

You guys are silly Yukari is best P4 girl. But seriously Chie>Rise=Yukiko>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naoto.
My hate for her May stem from being salty in Arena :p

Hahahaha, totally unintentional, even though I was the one who edited the thing.

But yeah, Ho-chan's Yukiko is straight up beastly.

Hehe. Damn man, as someone that mains Yukiko, those changes are INSANE! I LOVE it. I haven't been this hyped for a fighting game since Street Fighter 4 upgraded to Super Street Fighter 4.

I dunno if you're allowed to comment on this, but is there any news, or an upcoming date/time period for news, to when we can expect some details on the European release and the region code for ultimax?

Those 9 months waiting for Arena were the hardest 9 months of my life lol.

Keep up the awesome stream of videos. It's always super exciting when a new ultimax video pops up in my youtube feed.

Haha, let's just do it! It's always bugged me that people always categorize the Persona girls, so I think we should do the same for the guys. Personally, i'd go:

Yu > Yosuke > Adachi> Kanji > Teddie > Dojima > Kou > Shu > Naoki > Daisuke > King Moron
Yosuke > Adachi > Kanji > Dojima > Funky Student > Teddie > Yu > Shu > Kou > Naoki > Daisuke > Morooka > Mitsuo

Meia

Chie deserves better.

That's what I get for not partaking in this.

Here's mine:

Chie > Rise > Naoto > Yukiko

As was said earlier, I don't think they did enough with Yukiko, and they definitely didn't do enough with Naoto.

For P3:

Fuuka = Yukari > Aigis > Mitsuru

That's in terms of characters I like. If we're talking in terms of strength, Yukari and Aigis are pretty much co-stars of the P3 saga.

In terms of the pageant, I don't think there was ever anything said about who exactly did it on the girl's side.

PK Gaming

Clearly not hard enough.

I never took you for an Adachi fan.

I friggin love Adachi man.

I'd put it together like...

Dojima > Kanji > Yosuke > Teddie > Kou > Yu > Adachi > Naoki > Shu > Daisuke > Morooka > Mitsuo.

EDIT:

You sure? I ran through that scene again and
I don't think there was ever anything that indicated Rise did it.

Ah, you're right.
I totally misremembered Chie's "Rise said we should all have fun with this" line, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom