• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll join in on this one.

P4: Chie>Rise≥Naoto>Yukiko
P3: Aigis>Yukari>Mitsuru>Fuuka

Also

P4: Dojima>Kanji>Yu>Yosuke>Adachi>Teddie
P3: Da Man>Shinji>Aki>Makoto>Ken

I should say that none of the characters are bad, its just my order of preference. I love Yukiko, just not as much as the others.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ok I'll join in on this one.

P4: Chie>Rise≥Naoto>Yukiko
P3: Aigis>Yukari>Mitsuru>Fuuka

WpMVhCO.png

Dantis

Dude, if you've got new ones, show them off!

Your stuff is always great, I'm pretty sure no one is getting tired of seeing them.

Also,

YEAH!

Ditto

I really enjoyed your Rei sketch!

Cheers guys.

I think what I mean is that I don't want it to seem like I just come in here to post my art. Most people in here know where to find my stuff anyway, so I think I'll lay off posting it for a week or two.

Good sketch man. looks like a grown up Aigis :p

It's human Aigis. :D

I thought I'd draw something less cute (or at least less likely to get called cute) and more cool. When I've done the lines and coloured it, I'm going to use it as my Tumblr avatar.

abrack08

Alright, fine:

P4 Girls
Chie > Nanako > Rise = Naoto > Yukiko > Ai > Marie = Margaret > Yumi > Sayoko > Eri > Kashiwagi > Hisano > Hanako

P4 Guys
Kanji > Yosuke > Dojima > Adachi > Narukami (if we're including his P4tA personality, then he's probably higher) > Teddie > Kou > Daisuke > Shu > Naoki > Mitsuou > Morooka

Nimby

Banned
Here's my ranking: Everyone else > Yukiko > Ai.

Also, I know I've been posting a lot of my art lately, so I promise this will be the last one for a while, but I think it's pretty neat:

Keep posting it. I like seeing great artwork!

Oh and guys ranking:

Kanji > Funky Student > OG Yu > Yosuke > Daisuke > Kou > Dojima > Adachi > Teddie > Naoki > Shu > Mitsuo > Morooka

Cheers guys.

I think what I mean is that I don't want it to seem like I just come in here to post my art. Most people in here know where to find my stuff anyway, so I think I'll lay off posting it for a week or two.

You use Tumblr right? What's your username so I can follow you.

kewlmyc

I would post a full ranking but I'm lazy as fuck to remember all the characters so anyone not listed is tied for last.

Guys: Kanji>Adachi>Yu (anime)>whatever
Gals: ...never really thought about honestly. None really stand out over another to me in the main group. Everyone>Yumi>Hanako

CorvoSol

Persona 2

I'd like to point out that Eikichi just got on a bus full of people possessed by demons. Some of them to the point of physical mutation.

Since it's Michel, though, I expect he'll make it through this.

Chie deserves better.

Chie>Rise>Naoto>Yukiko

So there you have it, now Chie is winning.
I like all of them though, cant say the same of P3 girls.

Oh, so P4 guys now? Ok then. Yosuke>Kanji>Yu>Teddie>Adachi>Dojima>Kou>rumor-loving student>funky student>everyone else I don't care about.

Guys would be:

Kanji>Yu>Teddie>Yosuke

Same as the girls I don't hate any of them. I really like P4's cast.

Sophia

Also, I know I've been posting a lot of my art lately, so I promise this will be the last one for a while, but I think it's pretty neat:

Oh wow, this is amazing.

As for the P4 guys: Yu > Kanji > Funky Student > the rest of them > Yosuke.

Teddie's too adorable to list, and Morooka doesn't count for obvious reasons.

I see the cycle hasn't changed much

Does it ever? >.>

If we're doing only party members:

P3 boys: Makoto > Koromaru > Akihiko > Junpei > Shinji > Ken
P4 boys: Yosuke >Kanji > Teddie > Yu

P3 girls: Yukari > Mitsuru > Fuuka > Aigis
P4 girls: Rise > Naoto > Yukiko > Chie

Hopefully jello doesn't hate me. :p

Firestar

If we're doing only party members:

P3 boys: Makoto > Koromaru > Akihiko > Junpei > Shinji > Ken
P4 boys: Yosuke >Kanji > Teddie > Yu

P3 girls: Yukari > Mitsuru > Fuuka > Aigis
P4 girls: Rise > Naoto > Yukiko > Chie

Hopefully jello doesn't hate me. :p

I don't think I've ever seen such a perfect list

Markun

P4 Ladies: Yukiko > Naoto > Chie > Rise
P4 Guys: Teddie > Yu > Kanji > Yosuke

P3 Ladies:
Elizabeth
> Mitsuru > Aigis > Fuuka > Yukari
P3 Guys: Koromaru > Shinji > Junpei > Makoto > Aki > Ken

I'll even rank the P2 and P1 party members for more fun.

P2 Ladies: Maya > Ulala > Lisa
P2 Guys: Baofu > Eikichi > Katsuya > Tatsuya > Jun

P1 Ladies: Elly >>>>> Yukino > Maki > Ayase
P1 Guys: Nanjo > Reiji > Protagonist > Mark > Brown

PK Gaming

P4U Yukari:

• Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring
  • I will never get over the fact that Yukari uses Magarula instead of Magarudyne
  • I like how Rise has a battle specific line towards Yukari ("Not bad, Feather☆Pink!")
  • 5A hits low. That's going to trip up so many scrubs.
  • Unblockable setupssssssssss
  • Premier troll character
  • My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss!

Wasn't one of the points of Yukiko's character was that she wasn't really what everyone thought she was? Chie was the only person who knew that side of her until she started to open up to other people showing off what she was really like. There was even a part in chie's s link where that one guy was shocked to see Yukiko laughing like that, yet chie says that is how she always was.

Yeah, she's a character built on subversions. But my point is is that they took a shift in a different direction.

In your example, there's an inherent commentary to it. Yukiko is sought after because she carries the image of an idealized Japanese woman. That same guy berates Chie for influencing Yukiko. He says she was better of when she was gloomy because she was closer to that image. Your obvious reaction should be, "No, douchebag, Yukiko (and Chie) are better off they way they are!"

To bring up another example to show what I mean, do you remember the King's Game scene? Yukiko is characterized to be this sheltered character but then she, in her drunken stupor, recites the rules to risque game they're about to play. And this is to Chie's surprise, the person who supposedly knew the real Yukiko. And there's no commentary behind this, it just exists to be funny.

Overall, the concept of Yukiko being "not what she seems", initally was about humanizing her. But it later wasn't about humanizing her anymore. Quite the opposite, it was turned into wacky for the sake of just a few laughs.

I don't think it's quite fair just to rate all the girls, but at the same time I feel as if it'd be pointless to rate all the guys. Because we know who would be on top. >_>;

Kanji > Yosuke > Teddie = Chie = Yu(P4A story mode) > Naoto = Yukiko > Rise > Marie

arue

I guess I'll join the fun for the P3 cast too.

P3 girls: Aigis > Fuuka > Mitsuru >>> Yukari
P3 guys: Makoto > Koromaru > Shinjiro > Junpei = Akihiko > Ken

Setsu00

I really don't mind it - especially since you're improving lately! It's always cool to see people get even better at what they're doing.

P4U Yukari:

• Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring Jeez stop staring
  • I will never get over the fact that Yukari uses Magarula instead of Magarudyne
  • I like how Rise has a battle specific line towards Yukari ("Not bad, Feather☆Pink!")
  • My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss! My arrows don't miss!

Oi you, stop staring.

To bring up another example to show what I mean, do you remember the King's Game scene? Yukiko is characterized to be this sheltered character but then she, in her drunken stupor, recites the rules to risque game they're about to play. And this is to Chie's surprise, the person who supposedly knew the real Yukiko. And there's no commentary behind this, it just exists to be funny.

Honestly, I doubt someone whose spent their entire life at an inn (no doubt coming into contact with all sorts of different people and ideas) would be that sheltered...

FluxWaveZ

So much secrecy around the P4AU release... Yu Namba said that it won't be too much longer until we get info on that in the video, though, so perhaps it'll be sooner than later. Something like July 22 sounds about right, I think, or maybe during EVO.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
So we're ranking characters now eh?

P3 bros: Makoto, Da Man, Akihiko, Shinji, Koro= Ken
P3 gals: Aigis=Peninsula, Mitsuru, Fookah

P4 bros:Kanji, Yu, Yosuke, Bear
P4 gals: Naoto, Rise, Steaks, PFFFT AHAHAHAHA

Forgotten P2 bros: Eikichi, Tatsuya=
Jun
Forgotten P2 gals: Lisa, Maya, Yukino

Just curious, how many people hear prefer the P3 cast over the P4 crew? I do, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.

hao chi

P4U Yukari:

[*]5A hits low. That's going to trip up so many scrubs.

And her 2A is an overhead?
kappa

[*]Premier troll character

I think Rise has this locked down. If she gets Shadow World as her song during her Awakening super, it takes 22 seconds from start to finish.

Eh what the hell, might as well do this controversial opinion ranking stuff since everyone else is doing it. With one twist: I'm counting Velvet Room attendants because hey man, they're kinda important too :V

P3 guys: Makoto = Junpei > Akihiko > Shinjiro = Theodore >>> Ken

P3 girls: Mitsuru > Elizabeth > Yukari > Aigis > Fuuka > Metis

P3 dog: Koromaru

P4 guys: Yosuke > Kanji = Yu >> Teddie

P4 girls: Margaret = Yukiko = Chie > Rise > Marie > Naoto

P4 fox: The fox

Man, quite a few ties huh

-

On an unrelated note, I got around to checking out the second Ultimax video. Yukari looks very interesting for sure. Really liking how creative you can get with arrows through Garu to have it track the opponent, even her super arrow. She looks to be technical, but I'd like to try her out, maybe mainly because of that fact. Quite a few of the new additions to the roster just seem very interesting, I'll most likely end up trying almost the whole bunch lol. I just really can't wait until I can get my hands on the game whenever it releases.

hao chi

I guess I'll throw in my two cents:

P3 guys: Makoto (duh) > Akihiko = Shinji = Junpei > Koromaru >>>>> Persona 2 > Ken

P3 girls: Yukari > Mitsuru > Aigis > P4A Fuuka >>>>> Fuuka

P4 guys: Yu > Kanji > Yosuke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Teddie

P4 girls: Rise > Yukiko > Chie = The story exposition character/device

On an unrelated note, I got around to checking out the second Ultimax video. Yukari looks very interesting for sure. Really liking how creative you can get with arrows through Garu to have it track the opponent, even her super arrow. She looks to be technical, but I'd like to try her out, maybe mainly because of that fact. Quite a few of the new additions to the roster just seem very interesting, I'll most likely end up trying almost the whole bunch lol. I just really can't wait until I can get my hands on the game whenever it releases.

There's so many characters I really want to try out. I can see myself maining Rise, Yukari, Yukiko, or Junpei. I also really want to try Ken and
Adachi

And Makoto, of course. :p

Lunar15

P3 Guys: Junpei>Akihiko>Shinji>Ken

P3 Girls: Mitsuru>Aigis>Yukari>Fuuka

P4 Guys: Kanji>Yosuke>Teddie

P4 Girls: Rise>Yukiko>Chie>Naoto

I don't like including the protags because they're me.

Dantis

So PQ has already outsold Arena.

Pretty cool. I'd be surprised if they didn't do a sequel at some point.

EDIT: Man, the Naoto hate is strong in this thread. Below Marie? Come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom