• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Does anyone think that Persona 5 is already well into development? At the very least, do you think the various main characters been already drawn and designed by Soejima?

I wonder whether the appearance of P5MC will be emo like the P3MC or be a man among men like P4MC.

that's probably been done waaaaay long ago.

I like how Yu initiated the handshake with the gas station attendant in P4GA, rather than the other way around. Definitly because of NG+

Yu:
STOP TALKING AND GIVE ME MY PERSONA ALREADY!

FluxWaveZ

Does anyone think that Persona 5 is already well into development? At the very least, do you think the various main characters been already drawn and designed by Soejima?

Persona 5 has been in development since late 2009, early 2010.
Persona 5 hass been in active development since late 2011.
Soejima had drawn sketches before August 8, 2012.

I'm talking about the way he acts and do stuff in the episode. He is a funny dork lol.

The most random part is when he said "Yes, sir!" to Dojima. I remembered hiimdaisy's Dojima lol

Hiimdaisy-Persona-4-by-Peachifruit.jpg

Jintor

I kinda wish they had just gone all the way and made him just know everything that was going on completely (apart from the Golden content). Just gone the whole hog and be like "Okay, listen, I'm gonna tell you some heavy shit right now. We're gonna go in this TV, there's a whole world in there, it's real foggy, we're gonna meet a talking bear, we're gonna fight some weird tongue things. It's fucked up, I know, but I know you guys can handle it. Some bad shit's gonna happen this year but we're on a timetable here and we can't really prevent stuff happening but we can at least mitigate it so stick with me".

Actually know that I think about it that creates huge narrative inconsistencies, but I still like the concept

FluxWaveZ

Actually know that I think about it that creates huge narrative inconsistencies, but I still like the concept

The thing with that concept is that right from the start, it wouldn't work because Yu would have
saved Saki Konishi
no matter what instead of just doing nothing.

I mean, that could have happened, but then the whole story itself would be dramatically different. For something like that to work, the writers would have to be real invested and awesome in order to either write: a story whereYu thinks he knows what will happen next and tries to prevent it, but the P4 story is actually not unfolding the same at all and everything is different; or a story where Yu thinks he knows what happens next and tries to prevent it, but they happen anyways because of crazy circumstances that stop him at every turn.

Just finished watching it, so much good anime on Thursdays, phew. I don't know if it's because of all the other ones that I watched or if it's because I already know the plot, but I wasn't that interested. I feel like I'm watching it just to see where they go with it... I will keep watching but I can see myself easily dropping it along sometime.

Anyway, it was nice seeing the gang back, the animation was great, voicing was there. My only issue?
How fucking OP Izanagi was at the end. Sure it's the first episode and you wanna grab attention, but this was clearly aimed at people that already know the series, how everything was rushed is an indicator of that. They took the scene with the crazy explosion too far even with it being a "NG+" lol.

Persona 5 has been in development since late 2009, early 2010.
Persona 5 hass been in active development since late 2011.
Soejima had drawn sketches before August 8, 2012.

If that's the case then Atlus really knows how to keep secrets... if Atlus follows Falcom and go all out 3D (of course Atlus will do a much better job than Falcom's Sen), I wonder how those characters will look like?

Will it be like Catherine? Or will there still be 2D portraits? One recent example of well done 2D portraits is Tokyo Twilight.

Nimby

Banned
So yeah, when's this shit getting dubbed? Hope Troy can be in this too.

Estimate of course, I don't watch much anime, so I don't know how long this shit takes.

So yeah, when's this shit getting dubbed? Hope Troy can be in this too.

Estimate of course, I don't watch much anime, so I don't know how long this shit takes.

More than likely it's Matt Mercer now, he's pretty much taken over Troy as Kanji, seeing as he took over the role for Q and Ultimax:
k8UYJX1.png

Best guess would be because of how expensive the man must be these days, or the amount of work that he has. After all VAs voice stuff that we might not even hear about for a while, but even if we talk about stuff coming out soon he's everywhere. He's the new Nolan North lol.

I choose to believe that he is working on Persona 5
, even though he probably isn't. #BELIEVE. ;__;

That would be great. I think he is my favorite VA.

If I had to hazard a guess, the timetables didn't match up, considering Troy is voicing every character at E3.

I think that's reasonable.

Best guess would be because of how expensive the man must be these days, or the amount of work that he has. After all VAs voice stuff that we might not even hear about for a while, but even if we talk about stuff coming out soon he's everywhere. He's the new Nolan North lol.

The guy is amazing, I just knew recently that I played Saints Row III and IV with his voice. That really sounded familiar. The guy is everywhere. lol

Nimby

Banned
More than likely it's Matt Mercer now, he's pretty much taken over Troy as Kanji, seeing as he took over the role for Q and Ultimax:
http://i.imgur.com/k8UYJX1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's probably because of Troy's schedule or whatever, which is why I hope he can reprise. Oh well, I don't like the changes but it feels redundant to keep mentioning it, even though I started it admittedly.

LX_Theo

Banned

I wonder whether the appearance of P5MC will be emo like the P3MC or be a man among men like P4MC.

I'd sincerely hope they are out of conceptual stages by now if they want to make their release timeframe. They're probably doing final conceptual content and tweaks while the bulk of the actual team works on actually implementing the ideas into a game.

Marche90

Finally managed to watch P4TGA

Man, with the first episode we are catching a glimpse for the future of the franchise: PERSONA MUSOU!

Honestly, though, I liked the episode. Also, it really feels as if Narukami is experiencing a NG+, seeing how Izanagi was so stupidly overpowered

PK Gaming

The thing with that concept is that right from the start, it wouldn't work because Yu would have
saved Saki Konishi
no matter what instead of just doing nothing.

I mean, that could have happened, but then the whole story itself would be dramatically different. For something like that to work, the writers would have to be real invested and awesome in order to either write: a story whereYu thinks he knows what will happen next and tries to prevent it, but the P4 story is actually not unfolding the same at all and everything is different; or a story where Yu thinks he knows what happens next and tries to prevent it, but they happen anyways because of crazy circumstances that stop him at every turn.

Aww man, why'd you have to say that

That would have been incredible :'(

LX_Theo

Banned
For that first episode... anyone else notice
that Chie dissappeared in that fight? She fell unconscious from the lick. Then, when the dust cleared after the (I think) megidolaon attack, there was a huge crater around Yu, Yosuke and Teddie with Chie nowhere to be found.

I think Yu might have killed Chie.

that Chie dissappeared in that fight? She fell unconscious from the lick. Then, when the dust cleared after the (I think) megidolaon attack, there was a huge crater around Yu, Yosuke and Teddie with Chie nowhere to be found.

Not to worry, his swag will revive her.

Well I guess she can't be the best girl now.

Make way for Marie

PK Gaming

POINbVk.gif

I m liking this new game+ take. Yu is going to be the whole star in the show. I already have the game for the complete story, the original anime for ab abime version of that, and this one just for the cool moments and the fun of a new game+ Im ok with all of this.

The animation is an improvement (but the 3D car scene was pretty bad). All the head shots look spectacular know, and not so cheap as the original. The long distance ones look worse (strange bodies to head ratios and walking animations) but again not as bad.
The pace was insanely fast.

Had to wacth the spanish subs of crunchyroll. Wow, those were horrible, sometimes I didnt even understand what they were saying (the scene about the lists for example) and is my native language, for gods sake! It's a pity because I dont seem to find it in aniplex (and its supposed to be there) and the spanish subs in aniplex for kill la kill were excellent.

And this was really cool:
wUzHOAg.png

Goddamn Chie reminds me of Rei Reiho in that art. Monkeysticks in next P4A?

because money dollars

also: endless swag displays

New info on MadCatz P4AU TE2. Japan release is August 28, priced at 19,800 JPY.

They didn't do it for P4AU's box art, but there'll be a Shadow version of the faceplate released in a limited edition manner.

Eee, 200 sounds a bit pricey, but I'll bite just to finally get a PS4 stick. That is unless someone puts out a PS4 compatable PCB then I could just make my own.

Savitar

Having a blast finally playing Persona 4 Golden for the first time. Making decent head way, normally I hate anything to do with time limits but the amount of content the game gives you is so refreshing it never feels like your being limited.

Got done with a bath house the other day, that was.....quite something.

I really look forward to seeing the anime later on.

/Random late night talk.

PK Gaming

Timeline of Chie's demise

I)
iv2U54SfhKfUK.gif

The Investigation Team is chased by an unrelenting horde of shadows.

II)
ibtBduDF2cBC6D.gif

Chie is ambushed by a Slipping Hablerie. Unfortunately, this is the last we ever see of poor Chie.

III)
ibaXuGvKac4LUE.gif

Izanagi striketh down upon the Shadows with great vengeance and furious anger.

IV)
iblc3rudG0MxDJ.gif

The smoke clears and Chie is nowhere to be seen... Yu, Yosuke and Teddie are the only survivors of the new world.

V)
ibkvR4SPJhhrBd.gif

Yosuke ponders if Yu is truly God.

---

So there you have it. Chie is definitely, absolutely, positively, unquestionably, without a doubt, dead.

"Izanagi giveth, and Izanagi taketh away"

Nimby

Banned
So, I think I wanna start collecting gaming merchandise and other knick knacks, and what a better place to start than with Persona 4?

Can anyone help me out? I only want official shit, no fan made stuff, unless it's VERY good.

What kinda merch do you guys have?

Levito

Banned
Gallivanted about with armada, jello, and kewl tonight.

Armada is the coolest dude ever and jello is the hairiest dude ever. Kewl was on the same shuttle to the hotel as MoTheHawk and neither of them realized it lmao.

/random EVO updates

Errbuddy is mad cool.

Mdesilva

EVO 2014 starts today (7/11)! While Persona 4 Arena isn't a main game, there's totally a side tournament that you can watch the Top 8 of at 8PM PST (and it's somehow scheduled to be three hours long) on www.twitch.tv/Madcatz. Expect high-level play with people like LordKnight, Bananaken, brkrdave, Spark, and Stunedge being at the event! (I'm somehow blanking on who else is going, even though I've been looking over the brackets all week)

There's also going to be a Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax exhibition, also on www.twitch.tv/Madcatz, at 9PM PST on Saturday, July 12th (tomorrow). I have no clue what's going to be in store, but it's two hours long and there's a huge pool of pro players at the event to possibly be playing the game for us, so it's sure to be worth your time.

Get excited! This is the fighting game event of the year! Just because you're not in Vegas doesn't mean you can't have fun watching some games!

CorvoSol

I think you guys don't realize that this is all a set up for the reveal that Persona 4: The Golden is actually a reenactment of Chrono Trigger. Chierono will be saved when Marale takes the doppleganger and places it in front of Lavosizanagi's blast instead.

Or Clone Chie from The Animation was the long set up to this moment.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT ZOOMIFY AND ENHANCIFY. Jintor should be one of those computer dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom