• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I just wanted to share a story with you guys because today I came to a realization about me and my couple, this is "How I came to date Mitsuru":

So, first of all, I'm 21. It all began on April this year when I started to study at a new university. I met this girl who was in my class, but is one year older than me, she's italian with irish ascendancy. She had this mysterious look in her eyes, but didn't seem to be interested in me. Over the next weeks she demonstrated that she was the smartest one in my class, getting the best grades and all. But that's not all, because she's also fluent in 5 languages, loves classic literature and music, and her family has a somewhat nice economic situation (she lives in the expensive part of town).

The moment I met her I got interested in her, because of reasons not worth explaining right now (mainly cause they're complicated, and romantic, and all that stuff). The problem was that I'm really shy, and for me, even starting small talk is difficult. So the months went by, one by one, and I had only exchanged a couple of words with her, really vague. That was, until mid June, that's when the term is about to end (in my country at least). One day she came to me and started talking, and though I'm shy to start a converstation, once I'm in one, I keep it flowing. And that's how it was. Suddenly, we were talking for more than an hour, and it was clear for both of us how much we had in common. Days went by and we started to get more and more used to each other until one day, each of us confessed to the other one.

And when we started dating, I began to realize about other little things about her. Like, because she is a foreigner, she is really clumsy with customs from my country, about the food in here, how do you eat it, or certain words that she couldn't understand.

And then, after some time, she explained to me that in the begginning she didn't pay much attention to me because I used to hang out with really lazy and relaxed people from the class, so she thought I'd be just like them. That was until the results showed up and I came to be the second best in terms of grades. That's when she got interested, although that was just the beggining, because her interest in me began to arise cause of above mentioned stuff.

And after a couple of weeks later (today) I realized just how much she reminded me of the S.Link with Mitsuru, it was a funny thing, not something I'll get obsessed about, but the similarities are there, like how the S.Link was started, how she is, and stuff like the hamburger (altough in this case it wasn't a hamburger, it was another dish). It gave me a good laugh to see so many coincidences, and I thought it was worth telling you guys the story.

PK Gaming

iXIkx5jaG7rJs.gif

The main takeaway

TimmiT

I did enjoy the first episode. It's clear that this is intended for those who either watched the first anime or played the game already, so they're just fucking around with scenes already done in the first anime and concentrating on new Golden stuff. I do think that the Izanagi reveal scene would have been better without the CG, but aside from that, I liked this a lot.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Crossposting from the other thread. Already have a feel for the show's pacing, too. I get the impression it'll just fast forward through all the vanilla story beats, pause for Golden content, and get right back to the fast forward. I understand why, but it doesn't make for enjoyable viewing.

Watching the entirety of the Persona 4 story again would not be enjoyable viewing either though.

Hi there, I just wanted to share a story with you guys because today I came to a realization about me and my couple, this is "How I came to date Mitsuru":

So, first of all, I'm 21. It all began on April this year when I started to study at a new university. I met this girl who was in my class, but is one year older than me, she's italian with irish ascendancy. She had this mysterious look in her eyes, but didn't seem to be interested in me. Over the next weeks she demonstrated that she was the smartest one in my class, getting the best grades and all. But that's not all, because she's also fluent in 5 languages, loves classic literature and music, and her family has a somewhat nice economic situation (she lives in the expensive part of town).

The moment I met her I got interested in her, because of reasons not worth explaining right now (mainly cause they're complicated, and romantic, and all that stuff). The problem was that I'm really shy, and for me, even starting small talk is difficult. So the months went by, one by one, and I had only exchanged a couple of words with her, really vague. That was, until mid June, that's when the term is about to end (in my country at least). One day she came to me and started talking, and though I'm shy to start a converstation, once I'm in one, I keep it flowing. And that's how it was. Suddenly, we were talking for more than an hour, and it was clear for both of us how much we had in common. Days went by and we started to get more and more used to each other until one day, each of us confessed to the other one.

And when we started dating, I began to realize about other little things about her. Like, because she is a foreigner, she is really clumsy with customs from my country, about the food in here, how do you eat it, or certain words that she couldn't understand.

And then, after some time, she explained to me that in the begginning she didn't pay much attention to me because I used to hang out with really lazy and relaxed people from the class, so she thought I'd be just like them. That was until the results showed up and I came to be the second best in terms of grades. That's when she got interested, although that was just the beggining, because her interest in me began to arise cause of above mentioned stuff.

And after a couple of weeks later (today) I realized just how much she reminded me of the S.Link with Mitsuru, it was a funny thing, not something I'll get obsessed about, but the similarities are there, like how the S.Link was started, how she is, and stuff like the hamburger (altough in this case it wasn't a hamburger, it was another dish). It gave me a good laugh to see so many coincidences, and I thought it was worth telling you guys the story.

Congrats, dude! That's what I'd call "living the dream". lol

I wish the best for you two!

Tiu Neo

Watched Golden Animation. Nice to see Narukami still is the swag master.

Dat Izanagi scene, too. Now I want a Persona Musou. :(

We can all agree this is New Game +, right? I mean what was that, Maziodyne combo'd into Megidolaonn at the end, there?

That's a good way to look at it :p So THAT'S why we're skipping all the cutscenes!

Tamanon

Banned
P4GA:

Man, this really is New Game+ , with a super-powered, comically so, Izanagi. I like how they're skipping over the party member introductions, especially with Yu being so hand-shake happy.

And I actually enjoyed the Marie interaction, I think Marie's Japanese VA does a good job adding some personality to the mix.

Next episode looks like they're really cranking through stuff.

Oh yeah, and Aika is still in the anime. Good!

CorvoSol

That's a good way to look at it :p So THAT'S why we're skipping all the cutscenes!

It also explains the new personality he has. That confidence is because he knows what to do everywhere now.

So how does this show work? Is it mostly just stuff from The Golden? Are we supposed to watch it as a supplement to The Animation, or what? Cuz that next preview looked like Op. Up Close and Personal, which means in the second episode we'd be post Kanji's dungeon. Which is a lot of stuff to skip.

FluxWaveZ

Having just finished watching episode 1, I just found myself thinking "what the hell is going on" a lot of the times, as I'm surprised how minor modifications to the story just make me think "that's not how it happened!"

Wanted to think it was a NG+ type of deal given Yu's demeanor from the start, but he doesn't have memories from a past life or anything like that. Maybe it's still kind of like that, except he did not retain his memories, but his personality stats and all that stuff... I'll just think of it like that to make it more interesting, at least.

Can't say I particularly liked it? The opening was cool, especially the Adachi and Ai part. I'm watching this more because I'm intrigued about how it'll unfold than to simply enjoy it.

I m liking this new game+ take. Yu is going to be the whole star in the show. I already have the game for the complete story, the original anime for ab abime version of that, and this one just for the cool moments and the fun of a new game+ Im ok with all of this.

The animation is an improvement (but the 3D car scene was pretty bad). All the head shots look spectacular know, and not so cheap as the original. The long distance ones look worse (strange bodies to head ratios and walking animations) but again not as bad.
The pace was insanely fast.

Had to wacth the spanish subs of crunchyroll. Wow, those were horrible, sometimes I didnt even understand what they were saying (the scene about the lists for example) and is my native language, for gods sake! It's a pity because I dont seem to find it in aniplex (and its supposed to be there) and the spanish subs in aniplex for kill la kill were excellent.

And this was really cool:
wUzHOAg.png

Tamanon

Banned
The list conversation I imagine only worked in Japanese. They were talking about being put on an "orange list", then Narukami cracked some joke about eating them when they're ripe and it was just riffing from there. I assume there's a Japanese pun in there for orange.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
The list conversation I imagine only worked in Japanese. They were talking about being put on an "orange list", then Narukami cracked some joke about eating them when they're ripe and it was just riffing from there. I assume there's a Japanese pun in there for orange.

Maybe they'll just call it the "shit list" in the English dub.
I not sure if there will be one.

Meia

I really, really hope that they cover the King's Game in this.

I'll add that I only hope they do if they include Marie in it. :p

New anime is fucking weird. I don't know if good weird or bad weird yet. I look forwards to future group shots with the cast in other P4G costumes(hoping that's what they're going for).

LX_Theo

Banned
Going to go ahead and assume this is new game +. He kept the same stuff as in the game, and in regards to memories, he probably has something more like feelings about what's going to happen as they come up instead of actually remembering. Like some person who has done this all before is controlling his actions/instincts.

LX_Theo

Banned
Response seems to be pretty positive! Gonna watch this soon, just got home, gotta do a little house keeping first, and then I'm golden (no pun intended).

Its... Sort of weird. Most of the episode I kept thinking... "I don't know if this is horrible or awesome". I'm still not sure which.

Sophia

The only thing this shows me is that the Gekko uniform was so bland everyone in the cast altered it greatly. :p

Only two of the five people in that image (Junpei and Fuuka) have altered their uniforms tho. Mitisuru is wearing it sans jacket, Yukari is wearing a sweater/cardigan over it. Akihiko is wearing the vest (which other students wear in the movie) instead of the jacket.

The only thing this shows me is that the Gekko uniform was so bland everyone in the cast altered it greatly. :p

Akihiko and Yukari pushing the rules lol

Especially Yukari with that pink jacket. Don't how the headmaster allowed that.

Also Mitsuru and Minato pull of the look the best by far.

Meia

Only two of the five people in that image (Junpei and Fuuka) have altered their uniforms tho. Mitisuru is wearing it sans jacket, Yukari is wearing a sweater/cardigan over it. Akihiko is wearing the vest (which other students wear in the movie) instead of the jacket.

Junpei adds a hat, no tie, and adds a chain. There's flair there. About the only one I see that hasn't done anything with it is Fuuka, which must be a navigator thing as Rise was among the only in P4 that didn't really do anything with the Yaso uniform either. :p

Wait, nvm, she wears a turtleneck or something under it right? So yeah, everyone save Makoto I guess. And no, Mitsuru's boots are probably not regulation. :p

And ANY kind of difference in a UNIFORM is an alteration, even if it's just adding or subtracting a jacket. :)

Tamanon

Banned
Akihiko and Yukari pushing the rules lol

Especially Yukari with that pink jacket. Don't how the headmaster allowed that.

Also Mitsuru and Minato pull of the look the best by far.

Well, when the Student Council President isn't even wearing the whole uniform, it doesn't seem like they're that big a stickler.

Sophia

And ANY kind of difference in a UNIFORM is an alteration, even if it's just adding or subtracting a jacket. :)

Most schools in Japan seem to encourage removing the jacket, whenever applicable. Heck, many schools show the uniform off on their website with and without jacket.

I imagine Gekkoukan is pretty lenient about it's dress code, seeing as nobody nags Fuuka for her alternations. >_>;

NG+ is an interesting concept in theory, and fun to play but I really dislike it narratively. What's there to honestly latch onto with a protagonist so obviously stronger than everyone and anything else, always knows the right thing to say and do, has every answer immediately, and has no apparent hang-ups or flaws. The 'action scene' is my case and point. Even compared to the original show, at least that had some degree of dramatic gravity. In Golden, it's utterly static. Izanagi floats arms-crossed while scores of lightning bolts cut through a needlessly huge swarm of bad CGI blobs. No one is in any tangible degree of danger and there's nothing dynamic about what's happening at all. Yu is just standing around looking like a dork with his hand outreached while Izanagi flaccidly and leisurely swipes through a swarm of bad-looking visual noise in the background. Who cares.

It's all a power trip. A boring one.

Needless to say, I did not like this.

Also, that bullshit that Izanagi was doing at the end, I don't even think was an actual spell. Get that shit outta there.

It's a power trip because that's all that's left to show.

I haven't seen much of the original animation but I feel like if P4 has to have a near flawless main character, it's better that he's absurd.

We'll see if it gets old in the next 11 episodes

I didn't like the first episode since it made Yu seem like an ass. In the TV world he kept wandering off on his own, ignoring everyone when they were asking what was happening, etc.

Meia

Most schools in Japan seem to encourage removing the jacket, whenever applicable. Heck, many schools show the uniform off on their website with and without jacket.

I imagine Gekkoukan is pretty lenient about it's dress code, seeing as nobody nags Fuuka for her alternations. >_>;

Probably is lax....still say I highly doubt Mitsuru's boots are in regulation. :p

I didn't like the first episode since it made Yu seem like an ass. In the TV world he kept wandering off on his own, ignoring everyone when they were asking what was happening, etc.

I think you nailed why I partially came away with a "meh" feeling. The idea of an OP Yu is a neat idea....until you realize it kind of shits on everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom