• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I dunno, I'm liking her Ultimax outfit

kill-it-with-fire.gif

FluxWaveZ

Someone on Dustloop brought up the (likely) possibility that Junpei's little segment where he's all victorious in P4AU's PV3 might just be a dream, just like how him dreaming about proposing to Chidori in his character trailer was as well. I'd love it if the events of P3 just made his mind snap.

Just saw the first ep, the animation definitely looks better that P4 the Animation, and the character models look way better as well. Yu still is awesome, haven't seen enough of everyone else to properly judge. Marie is a Kugimiya-level tsundere right off the bat, which just further pushes MariexYu into canon territory. The Actions looks really well choreographed, but that CG tho =/. Also if the opening didn't tip you off that this was NG+, then Izanagi being super power leveled should have. All in all a pretty good episode. Looks like they're skipping a lot of stuff since Kanji is already on the team and they're going on Operation Babe Hunt 2.0 already. I guess they expect everyone watching to have played the game or at least watched P4 the Animation.

biodude

Neo Member
I feel sick....

For some reason, anything persona 4 related is the ONLY instance where I find the words swag/bro funny. Its their true meaning.

Also, was there anything "spoilery" about the first golden animation episode? I'm starting p4g this weekend, and would like to watch that first episode with a friend- if its not too spoilery

Tamanon

Banned
For some reason, anything persona 4 related is the ONLY instance where I find the words swag/bro funny. Its their true meaning.

Also, was there anything "spoilery" about the first golden animation episode? I'm starting p4g this weekend, and would like to watch that first episode with a friend- if its not too spoilery

It only really spoils the first few Marie interactions. No later game stuff yet.

Dantis

Watched P4GA. LOVED the opening video. Was okay with everything except for the fight scene, which was shiiiiiiii-hiiiiiiiiit. Also, they're really pushing Marie and Narukami.

Persona 4 The Animation was leagues better (based upon each first episode) in my opinion.

Only two of the five people in that image (Junpei and Fuuka) have altered their uniforms tho. Mitisuru is wearing it sans jacket, Yukari is wearing a sweater/cardigan over it. Akihiko is wearing the vest (which other students wear in the movie) instead of the jacket.

Mitsuru wears a different shirt to the standard uniform.

Firestar

Considering this is the second P4 anime, it kind of is like NG+ in a sense. Maybe that is what they're going for, otherwise his persona awakening is really over the top

Meia

I had totally missed there was next episode previews that Ultra alluded to. They are really going to jump from April to fucking JUNE next episode? Really?! :|

PK Gaming

Episode 1 had a pretty good rhythm going. I somewhat enjoyed it until they entered the TV world.

I know they're trying to rush through the narrative, but having Yosuke/Chie respond non-chalantly to shadows really kills the tension. And the less said about Yu's "awakening" fight, the better.

Episode 1 had a pretty good rhythm going. I somewhat enjoyed it until they entered the TV world.

I know they're trying to rush through the narrative, but having Yosuke/Chie respond non-chalantly to shadows really kills the tension. And the less said about Yu's "awakening" fight, the better.

All I can say about that fight is....
ATTACK OF THE KILLER TONGUES, your gonna be licked to death by all those tongue shadows.

Jonnax

Watching the first episode of the Golden animation and I'm really quite liking it. I haven't seen the original but the fast pace, in my opinion, works well for people who have played the game before.

Interestingly I feel like the voices of the actors and their style of reading gives off a different personality for the characters compared to the dub of the game in English. I think the difference is most pronounced in Teddie and Chie.

I really liked the episode. It was really funny. Yu is so OP that you can't help but laugh. And next episode seems like it's going to be pretty good too. Can't wait for the ski trip.

Sophia

They're not even trying to hide the fact that Narukami is on NG+ mode are they? He does everything perfectly from the start.

Tamanon

Banned
They're not even trying to hide the fact that Narukami is on NG+ mode are they? He does everything perfectly from the start.

It almost seems like he's transferring a save from the original. The only thing that actually seems to throw him off is the Marie stuff.

Sophia

It almost seems like he's transferring a save from the original. The only thing that actually seems to throw him off is the Marie stuff.

After seeing this, I can only conclude that the animation team was thinking the same things we were when they heard they were only getting 12 episodes. In light of this, they're going to go as crazy awesome as much as the story allows.

Or essentially, this is the closest thing to an official "Persona 4: The Animation: The Abridged Series" that we're going to get.

Lol it feels like a skip mode of seen/read scene XD, the pace is way faster than the original, guess they really wanted to just animate Golden's extra stuff. And the first battle lmao WTF is going on XD

So it's 12 episodes...hmmm with the way animes have been bet there's a 13th/OVA episode...

After seeing this, I can only conclude that the animation team was thinking the same things we were when they heard they were only getting 12 episodes. In light of this, they're going to go as crazy awesome as much as the story allows.

I bet to save time they'll just skip the boss battles entirely. As the party member is about to say "YOU'RE NOT ME!", he'll punch them in the gut and drag them out of the TV world.

I bet to save time they'll just skip the boss battles entirely. As the party member is about to say "YOU'RE NOT ME!", he'll punch them in the gut and drag them out of the TV world.

I don't even think they'll cover the kidnappings. The preview for next episode pretty much skips all the way to June.

Jonnax

Kanji was in the episode preview so I'm going to predict that his level will be finished by the end.

With the amount of scenes between Yu and Marie it seems like they'll be the pairing for the anime. So while I know it's a 100% impossibility, I'm going to ship Kanji and Rise =)

Also correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't seen it, but from Yu being called the sister complex dude in Arena that means that the first animation had Yu as a single person.

It would be hilarious if Morooka dies with his only screentime being the handshake scene.

Sophia

Yeah, the fight scene only furthers my conclusion. This is completely and hilariously over the top. >_>;

If you treat this the same way you'd treat say.... Dragon Ball Z Abridged, it's actually kind of hilarious.

Sophia

At least someone recognizes my brilliant train of thought. :V

He blew a goddamn crater in the midnight channel. Fighting off a million or something Shadows. In the first episode. If that's not the epitome of self-awareness over how stupid this is, I dunno what is. XD

I might just continue to watch this to see how absurd it gets.

Zareka

Have no idea how I feel about P4GA. I spent the entire time wondering what on EARTH was going on, and Yu's awakening just had me gawking the entire time. Seriously, what the hell move did Izanagi use?

I guess if I go in to it as an abridged series or something it could be pretty funny.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Just finished the first episode of P4G, not sure how I feel about it. I was just sort of blankly staring at my monitor the whole time.

I've no idea where they're going with this anime.

Btw, I don't think Yu needs to worry about getting a new persona for a while after that fight lol

I don't even think they'll cover the kidnappings. The preview for next episode pretty much skips all the way to June.

Just imagine, in the new game+ nobody is kidnapped and nobdy dies.

tumblr_mk70dqD8gc1rocqqpo1_250.gif

I wouldnt say no just to see Saki and King Moron alive. Happy go lucky Yosuke all the time cause Saki isnt dead, Morooka tandem teacher with Kashiwagi.
No plot at all! lol

Just do it for shits and gigles!

arue

Watched P4GA. LOVED the opening video. Was okay with everything except for the fight scene, which was shiiiiiiii-hiiiiiiiiit. Also, they're really pushing Marie and Narukami.

Persona 4 The Animation was leagues better (based upon each first episode) in my opinion.

I agree with you completely. I like how the anime opening is almost the same as the game opening, but I don't like how Narukami kinda ignores Chie and Yosuke for his NG+ playthrough.

I don't know if this has been stated before, but what's the point of this anime? To promote P4G to the people who haven't played it? Or perhaps, the upcoming P4 games (P4U2, P4D)?

Dude...

DAFUQ I JUST SAW?

That battle... I can't even...

I want more!

Narukami looks like those derp guys from those memes lol but Marie looks cute in the animation.

Jintor

Forgot The Animation was hitting so early.

I'm a fan. I mean, I've watched/read/played this story like 6 or 7 times now, another can't hurt. And it looks pretty good (except for the Car CG, jesus christ)

Marie a damn sight cuter than in game.

Loved the first episode, animation is great but I was surprised about how different is from the original anime and the game. Narukami is so confident in this one from the very beginning, lol

Zareka

I don't know if this has been stated before, but what's the point of this anime?

That's what I've been wondering. It's obviously not to correct the failings of the old anime, and it's not for newcomers either, or to promote anything. I can't think of any real reason P4GA exists.

Does anyone think that Persona 5 is already well into development? At the very least, do you think the various main characters been already drawn and designed by Soejima?

I wonder whether the appearance of P5MC will be emo like the P3MC or be a man among men like P4MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom