• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! It's been a long time coming (my account's been pending for eight months!) but I'm finally here on NeoGAF! I've talked to several of you on Twitter and have been using the IRC channel for a month or two now, but it's exciting to finally be here for real. Hope we all have plenty of good times chatting about Persona together here!

Been chatting to you on the irc for ages, I didn't even realise you weren't a member yet!
I would say welcome but you were already here in my eyes, ha!

Hi everyone! It's been a long time coming (my account's been pending for eight months!) but I'm finally here on NeoGAF! I've talked to several of you on Twitter and have been using the IRC channel for a month or two now, but it's exciting to finally be here for real. Hope we all have plenty of good times chatting about Persona together here!
And I thought I had it bad with 6 months lol, welcome (finally)!
Welcome to the jungle.
Do we have fun and games?
edit - beaten like a punching bag

kewlmyc

Usually. Madoka came with one and it's sooooo good. The booklet that came with it was excellent as well. Aniplex sets are usually very nice.

They should be for what you're paying for them. I bought the Madoka 2 movie set, and it's pretty nice, only $80 too. :p

Well, it did prompt me to talk to a mod about the whole issue- which ended up with me here. So, yes! :D

5%286%29.png

We should totally designate a "PersonaGAF All-Star Battle Night," because that game is crazy fun when played with lots of people.

Bathingape

Neo Member
Hey I'm new here. Who's hyped for that "special" announcement on Friday along with the P3 movie showing? Thoughts on what its going to be?

Andrefpvs

Yo, Michael!!

Lunar15

Hey I'm new here. Who's hyped for that "special" announcement on Friday along with the P3 movie showing? Thoughts on what its going to be?

Not to be the debbie downer to your hopeful enthusiasm, but I'm keeping my hype in check for the announcement. I think it will be some kind of non-game related product like an Arena OVA or something.

Don't let my pessimism dissuade you from getting hyped, though. Glad to see new faces in the community!

Do you guys have fun 'n' games?

We have art, podcasts, funny videos, and Not Anime.

Welcome Bathingape! Seems we have a lot of new people lately lol

I can't say I have a good guess what the announcement will be, but I do wish the stream wasn't region locked so I could see it myself :X

CorvoSol

Persona 2

Just did my first few fights. Quick impressions here: First, it is nice that they do bother explaining negotiations a bit more, but frankly the process is still a steaming pile of shit I'm not going to bother doing. Next up, characters seem to move around the field during battle. Is that important or just a thing? Third, I seem to have triggered a fusion spell during the course of the fight. How important are those?

I think one of the problems, if we want to call it that, that I have with Persona 1 and 2's battle systems is that it's not nearly as fluid as Persona 3 and 4's. Which makes sense RPGs get more and more fluid over time. I think a lot could really be helped if they'd just take out the "ARE YOU OKAY DOING WHAT YOU JUST SPENT A MINUTE DECIDING TO DO?" box, though.

Marche90

I can't say I have a good guess what the announcement will be, but I do wish the stream wasn't region locked so I could see it myself :X

Correction: we always have new people pouring in.

Isn't this community awesome?

Sophia

Persona 2

Just did my first few fights. Quick impressions here: First, it is nice that they do bother explaining negotiations a bit more, but frankly the process is still a steaming pile of shit I'm not going to bother doing. Next up, characters seem to move around the field during battle. Is that important or just a thing? Third, I seem to have triggered a fusion spell during the course of the fight. How important are those?

I think one of the problems, if we want to call it that, that I have with Persona 1 and 2's battle systems is that it's not nearly as fluid as Persona 3 and 4's. Which makes sense RPGs get more and more fluid over time. I think a lot could really be helped if they'd just take out the "ARE YOU OKAY DOING WHAT YOU JUST SPENT A MINUTE DECIDING TO DO?" box, though.

Characters moving around isn't important. It's just animation like how your characters would circle around enemies if there was only one left in Persona 3/4.

Fusion spells however are very important. They're trigger by ordering the party to use abilities in a certain turn order. For example, "Blazing Burst" is triggered by having two allies each use any fire spell back to back, where as "Hydro Boost" is triggered by having the spell order be "Fire" then "Earth" then "Water."

And yes, negotiation is shit in Persona 2. Mostly because it's tied to an awful tarot card grind unless you know obtuse tricks to speed it up.

Hey guys I'm new here, been a persona fan for a little while and thought I'd finally post here, mainly while waiting on the announcement on the 2nd of May, hoping for something good.

Style

Banned

Hello and welcome Mr Silva! :D

Hey guys I'm new here, been a persona fan for a little while and thought I'd finally post here, mainly while waiting on the announcement on the 2nd of May, hoping for something good.

Welcome to you guys too!

PK Gaming

Persona 2

Shoot, I forget to tell you to follow this handy spoiler free guide.

It makes Persona 2 significantly less painful. Follow it to a T!

Congratulations! I can't believe you had to wait 8 months? That's crazy. At least you finally have your account. Something something here forever. Enjoy your stay.

A lot of new guys. Welcome!

CorvoSol

Characters moving around isn't important. It's just animation like how your characters would circle around enemies if there was only one left in Persona 3/4.

Fusion spells however are very important. They're trigger by ordering the party to use abilities in a certain turn order. For example, "Blazing Burst" is triggered by having two allies each use any fire spell back to back, where as "Hydro Boost" is triggered by having the spell order be "Fire" then "Earth" then "Water."

And yes, negotiation is shit in Persona 2. Mostly because it's tied to an awful tarot card grind unless you know obtuse tricks to speed it up.

I also appreciate being able to see the turn order, although I'm not sure if I can use this to my advantage in turn planning yet or not.

Will do!

arue

Whoa lots of new people today! Welcome to PGAF!

I should've used this guide instead of the other one (which tells me to do a looot of negotiations to keep up with the recommended fusion spells everytime I enter a new location). I'll keep this one in mind next time I play P2:IS.

Bathingape

Neo Member

Yea i guess they sent out a wave of activations today. Hopefully the stream will be relayed through twitch by someone like when P5 was announced

Persona 2I think one of the problems, if we want to call it that, that I have with Persona 1 and 2's battle systems is that it's not nearly as fluid as Persona 3 and 4's. Which makes sense RPGs get more and more fluid over time. I think a lot could really be helped if they'd just take out the "ARE YOU OKAY DOING WHAT YOU JUST SPENT A MINUTE DECIDING TO DO?" box, though.

Remember how I told you how P2EP PS1 actually felt more fluid than P2IS PSP? That is because P2EP PS1 does not have this.

Hi ho buddy! Welcome to the show!

It sounds like you want him to make another Persona X Detective Naoto

Nah just give me Rise fashioned into a cool Marvel hero but in the Persona universe or something I dunno

Squire

Banned
Speaking of Naoto, looks like Tono has done more Naoto fanart. I really like this one:

I think he does the best Persona fanart I've seen. I really like his style. Very talented.

You need to, like, ask this dude for an apprenticeship.

Welcome!

Welcome to the jungle.

We got fun a-

Do you guys have fun 'n' games?

DAMNIT.

kewlmyc

I am indeed, but a general-purpose PGAF games night would be super-cool as well so long as we could decide on a list of games!

I'm interested, but I keep hearing that the gameplay is pretty ass. The game looks great and looks filled with fanservice. The fact that Joesph has a "Your next line will be.." line for every character puts a smile on my face.

Dantis

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE. PLEASE BE NICE TO ME.

I had just assumed this whole time that you were already a GAF member.

Moonlight

Banned
Welcome to the community!

Persona 2

Fusion spells are pretty much the most important thing you need to know in the game. They're special combination attacks that combine two or three spells for a big effect. That's sort of where the turn stuff comes in, because using fusion spells rearranges the turn order so that the relevant characters are 'adjacent' to each other in the order. That's also kind of why demon negotiation is hard to avoid in this game, because some fusion spells break the game over their knee (I'm looking at you, Dashing Strike).

P4G is only $14 in the NA PSN this week ("Golden Week" sale on Japanese games, including Dangan Ronpa). Finally have an excuse to buy the digital copy.

Hey duders, I'm here for a super awesome announcement that I've been talking about a bunch on Twitter/PersonaGAF IRC but figure I'll also talk about it here!

I'm going to be running a P4A tournament league series, called The King's Games (get it you guys get it) that will be a sort of dual Tournament League series set in two leagues, A League, or S.E.E.S League, and B League, or Investigation League

Depending on how many people I get, I will either run two simultaneous leagues, or have the top two players from the B League feed into the A League.

So far I have 11 people, and need either 14 or 16 people total.

There will be prizes for this, so if you want to compete, just be hungry and let me know! Really want to do something special for the PersonaGAF community!

Hey duders, I'm here for a super awesome announcement that I've been talking about a bunch on Twitter/PersonaGAF IRC but figure I'll also talk about it here!

I'm going to be running a P4A tournament league series, called The King's Games (get it you guys get it) that will be a sort of dual Tournament League series set in two leagues, A League, or S.E.E.S League, and B League, or Investigation League

Depending on how many people I get, I will either run two simultaneous leagues, or have the top two players from the B League feed into the A League.

There will be prizes for this, so if you want to compete, just be hungry and let me know! Really want to do something special for the PersonaGAF community!

Sign me up.

Sign me up.
Although this means I have to git gud at Persona 4 Arena...

Lunar15

New Persona pitch I've been using: "It's like a heartfelt, John Hughes inspired high school movie had a japanese acid trip"

This has garnered some positive responses.

hao chi

I've shifted my focus to BBCP, but I'll play. Sounds fun.

Edit: I guess I'll play if you make it a 16 person tourney since Dave beat me to the punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom