• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
New Persona pitch I've been using: "It's like a heartfelt, John Hughes inspired high school movie had a japanese acid trip"

This has garnered some positive responses.

I've been using that Hughes comparison for ages now, but I like the acid trip addition. I approve!

Lunar15

It's nostalgic; you laugh a little, you cry a little, but there's also a demonic japanese bathhouse with giant, technicolor Hulk Hogans fighting you.

Rubedo

Always wondered what compelled Atlus to have Hulk Hogans in their games.

They were probably like "Who's someone strong we can make this Shadows look like to let the player know they're dangerous?"

"Oh man, Hulk Hogan's pretty tough!"

And so it was.

Ok since Hao Chi is letting Dave get the last spot, I have all 14 competitors. 8 for Investigation League, and 6 for S.E.E.S. League

If anyone wants to see the list of competitors now, let me know. I'll be spending time getting the brackets together/figuring out who will be in what league, as well as getting stream overlays and graphics ready (yes, I will be streaming this too!)

Ok, I'm gonna make a small change since I have two more people who have volunteered.

Now gonna run two leagues, A League (S.E.E.S. League) and B League (Investigation League)

So Hao chi, you're in, alongside PhantomGaming.

I'll start planning out who's going in what league and for now, dates of the tournaments are to be announced.

The first rule of Persona fight club is, tell as many people as you can about Persona fight club, because that shit's hype!

The second rule of Persona fight club is, have fun!

The first rule of Persona fight club is, tell as many people as you can about Persona fight club, because that shit's hype!

The second rule of Persona fight club is, have fun!

THE THIRD RULE IS GET HUNGRY AS FUCK BECAUSE YOU WANNA WIN

Doing two leagues, so the two people who go 0-2 in A League get dropped to B League, and the people who go 0-2 in B League get dropped from the tournaments altogether.

Also brackets made, gonna contact Mo about some graphic design/stream overlays soon.

Sophia

Doing two leagues, so the two people who go 0-2 in A League get dropped to B League, and the people who go 0-2 in B League get dropped from the tournaments altogether.

Also brackets made, gonna contact Mo about some graphic design/stream overlays soon.

Are you sure that's an actual third rule or is it just one of your rules? :p

can I be thirsty instead? #TheThirstIsReal

You friggin' guys ;_;

Also, if everyone would be willing to start within a month that would be awesome.

Main rules so far are FT5, double elimination, and the two people from each league to go 0-2 get dropped down one league or get bopped out completely

Let me know if I can help out at all! :D

Moonlight

Banned
Would've gotten in on this were it not for the fact I am utterly awful at P4A. I think I'm still at like... D rank. Really excited to watch though!

Meh, seems like im not gonna finish in time the persona cosplay art I was making (I just need to do three more characters), it's tomorrow the final day no?
I think I even saw a spoiler of the game Im using the mix with persona when I was looking for some character references. Is Dangaronpa, im just at the start of the 6th chapter and I hope that what I saw was only my imagination lol (I knew I was taking risks, but I was being extremly carefull).

Lunar15

Can you gift PSN games?

I want to send someone the digital version of P4G as a gift, but I'm not finding a way where I can just buy a code.

Hey duders, I'm here for a super awesome announcement that I've been talking about a bunch on Twitter/PersonaGAF IRC but figure I'll also talk about it here!

I'm going to be running a P4A tournament league series, called The King's Games (get it you guys get it) that will be a sort of dual Tournament League series set in two leagues, A League, or S.E.E.S League, and B League, or Investigation League

Depending on how many people I get, I will either run two simultaneous leagues, or have the top two players from the B League feed into the A League.

So far I have 11 people, and need either 14 or 16 people total.

There will be prizes for this, so if you want to compete, just be hungry and let me know! Really want to do something special for the PersonaGAF community!

I WILL RULE THE INVESTIGATION LEAGUE! MINE IS THE TEDDIE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

(I super excited for this, if you couldn't tell.)

Remember when you were at school and if you sucked at sports they gave you a 'participation award', well, I'M READY TO RIGHTFULLY CLAIM MINE!!!

Who's entering btw? (I'm not in case there was confusion)

I won't say who is in what League or what the brackets are just yet, but your 16 competitors are:

Smedwicks | TWILT
ShmeebAlina
PK_Gaming
MoTheHawk
Mdesilva
CrazyTank940
hao chi
ScraftyDevil
PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

Mdesilva

>Medsilva

I'm happy to be in, but my name better at least be right on the stream overlays :p

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to this. Last time I tried something like this was on Dustloop, and they're a lot better than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom