• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I won't say who is in what League or what the brackets are just yet, but your 16 competitors are:

Smedwicks | TWILT
ShmeebAlina
PK_Gaming
MoTheHawk
Mdesilva
CrazyTank940
hao chi
ScraftyDevil
PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky
You better stream the finales somehow.

I totally understand. When do you think we can start this?

I need to get my own priorities settled, as well as plan out prizes, get stream graphics, make sure everyone is set and able to play.

I'm hoping within a month we can get started as long as there's still interest from people.

I won't say who is in what League or what the brackets are just yet, but your 16 competitors are:

Smedwicks | TWILT
ShmeebAlina
PK_Gaming
MoTheHawk
Mdesilva
CrazyTank940
hao chi
ScraftyDevil
PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

Wait, I'm in?

Pachimari

FINALLY got going with P4: Golden after months away from the game and it's really opening up now 7 hours into it.

Any beginner tips? What is the best way of using my free time? To manage my social links so that I can strengthen my Persona's?

FINALLY got going with P4: Golden after months away from the game and it's really opening up now 7 hours into it.

Any beginner tips? What is the best way of using my free time? To manage my social links so that I can strengthen my Persona's?

Try to finish dungeons in like 2-3 days. Spend the rest of the time working on S Links and increasing your stats. On rainy days you can go to Chinese Diner Aiya and buy the Mega Beef Bowl which will increase a lot of stats.

In my experience,free time should be spent on s.links, go to dungeons on rainy days and make sure you spend the evenings ranking up your other attributes. There are some social links around at evenings but you may want to look up when, because they're pretty specific. Also, if you clear dungeons early enough, spend the rainy days at aiya. Be careful with s.links though, some have time limits on them.

Mdesilva

Absolutely. You may want to go into the TV to advance the story, but you should do that as few times a month/cycle as possible. The best way to use your time is ALWAYS to complete social links.

PK Gaming

Smedwicks | TWILT
ShmeebAlina
PK_Gaming
MoTheHawk
Mdesilva
CrazyTank940
hao chi
ScraftyDevil
PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

Sonia_%2811%29.png

I'm in it to win it

Smedwicks | TWILT
ShmeebAlina
PK_Gaming
MoTheHawk
Mdesilva
CrazyTank940
hao chi
ScraftyDevil
PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

I'd absolutely love to watch this, when is it? Follow-up question: are we doing one when Arena 2 comes out? Combo question: I remember someone linked a really good website to someone trying to learn how to do the fightahn games, specifically arena; can you hook Scrambles up with a piece of that?

cj_iwakura

Speaking of fighting... nothing's in stone, but if anyone needs a room for Evo, I may have space. My flightmate might have backed out on me. I'll be at the LVG where Evo's held.

Pachimari

Try to finish dungeons in like 2-3 days. Spend the rest of the time working on S Links and increasing your stats. On rainy days you can go to Chinese Diner Aiya and buy the Mega Beef Bowl which will increase a lot of stats.

In my experience,free time should be spent on s.links, go to dungeons on rainy days and make sure you spend the evenings ranking up your other attributes. There are some social links around at evenings but you may want to look up when, because they're pretty specific. Also, if you clear dungeons early enough, spend the rainy days at aiya. Be careful with s.links though, some have time limits on them.

Absolutely. You may want to go into the TV to advance the story, but you should do that as few times a month/cycle as possible. The best way to use your time is ALWAYS to complete social links.
Alright, I'll try go by these advices. Didn't know about that meal at Aiya.

I'm not sure if I understand the link between social links and personas. If I got social links which matches the persona I want, then it'll receive a bonus?

Caladrius

I'm not sure if I understand the link between social links and personas. If I got social links which matches the persona I want, then it'll receive a bonus?

Yes. Having higher ranks in your social links grants an experience bonus of up to 5 levels when you fuse a Persona of the matching Arcana (which is a godsend in the late game where you need a variety of good skills.)

Andrefpvs

The gist of it is:

• If you have a Persona of the matching Arcana when you spend time with a person, that relationship will grow faster;
  • The higher your S. Link level with a certain person, the more bonus experience a Persona you create (of that person's Arcana) will get.

So, I just got home...

And it turns out there's a PGAF tournament/league/whatever-it-is on the plans. Well, I may not be entering because I was too late, but I will watch each of the fights and be a very vocal part of the crowd :p

Then, on the next tournament/league/whatever-it-is I'll be finally entering and you all will be able to beat me on the first round.

Mdesilva

An experience points boost. To be honest, it's not substantial. But half the gameplay is social links and the story content they provide, so enjoy them and max as many of them as possible.

So, I just got home...

And it turns out there's a PGAF tournament/league/whatever-it-is on the plans. Well, I may not be entering because I was too late, but I will watch each of the fights and be a very vocal part of the crowd :p

Then, on the next tournament/league/whatever-it-is I'll be finally entering and you all will be able to beat me on the first round.

If you really want to enter then let me know. I'm willing to give up my spot.

Caladrius

I would fight in this Purse Owner tournament but I can only mash buttons.

They need to make a Teddie+Akihiko mixture to give me more incentive to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom