• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hao chi

Glad I ended up being able to play now that it's 16 players. I'm curious how I ended up in SEES though, since you haven't played with me. Did you just ask around about me, or assume I'm good from my Ultimax icon?

Not complaining or anything, just legitimately curious.

I have to say though, I'm not looking forward to the Yukari/Aigis match up with Shmeeb. Maybe I'll whip out my pocket Yu. :p

Glad I ended up being able to play now that it's 16 players. I'm curious how I ended up in SEES though, since you haven't played with me. Did you just ask around about me, or assume I'm good from my Ultimax icon?

Not complaining or anything, just legitimately curious.

I have to say though, I'm not looking forward to the Yukari/Aigis match up with Shmeeb. Maybe I'll whip out my pocket Yu. :p

I placed all the players I KNOW from experience are good in S.E.E.S League, and then from there it was a bit of a wash, since I haven't played everyone.

Leagues will get settled though what with people moving between them.

hao chi

I placed all the players I KNOW from experience are good in S.E.E.S League, and then from there it was a bit of a wash, since I haven't played everyone.

Ah, dumb luck then.

I'll be sure to make you proud, Smed

Mdesilva

You were practically an honorary GAF member. You should be prepared to get stomped on the same as the rest of us.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get stomped on more than the rest of you. Mo's Chie is only worse than a few others in the country.

Still, I'm going to need this whole month to practice, so anyone who is relatively good needs to help me get better.

I'm honored that you think I'm good enough for SEES League, but I can tell from looking at that bracket that the best I'm gonna do is put on a show for everyone.

But dammit, it's gonna be the best show you've ever seen.

So will it be following the brackets set out as they are? Never really understood fighting game tournament organisation but that makes it pretty clear.
Also, I get the brucey bonus first? Nice one, wonder if he'd be up for some sparring later this week?

So will it be following the brackets set out as they are? Never really understood fighting game tournament organisation but that makes it pretty clear.
Also, I get the brucey bonus first? Nice one, wonder if he'd be up for some sparring later this week?

The matches might change, but you can see how the bracket format will go.

I'll participate too and get my ass kicked. Should be fun though.

Same here. That one sure is going to be interesting... Could you imagine if a Rise (or a Ken) wins the tournament? OH BOY.

As for the current tournament, I can't wait to see you guys beating each other. Any Naoto player gets my support.

Same here. That one sure is going to be interesting... Could you imagine if a Rise (or a Ken) wins the tournament? OH BOY.

As for the current tournament, I can't wait to see you guys beating each other. Any Naoto player gets my support.

Ken winning a tournament would be great for the butthurt alone.

LX_Theo

Banned
This track is quickly becoming my favorite from Persona 2 (via the PSP remake of IS). Its a darn shame it wasn't used for the main story at all (being a new track, I can see why). I really like some of the melodies in it.

arue

I've been away for almost a whole day and a P-Gaf P4A tourney is happening? I'm not big on fighters, so count me out this time.
And probably next time too...

Good luck to those who are participating and have fun!

Sophia

This track is quickly becoming my favorite from Persona 2 (via the PSP remake of IS). Its a darn shame it wasn't used for the main story at all (being a new track, I can see why). I really like some of the melodies in it.

It is an awesome track, but I can't help but feel it'd more fitting for a mainline SMT game. Actually, it sounds kind of Dynasty Warriors-ish...

LX_Theo

Banned
It is an awesome track, but I can't help but feel it'd more fitting for a mainline SMT game. Actually, it sounds kind of Dynasty Warriors-ish...

I feel it falls in line with P2IS's soundtrack. Would sound a bit out of place in P3 or P4, though, yeah. Someone in the video comments said "So much Devil Summoner on this", which I can also see.

The one time there's a PGAF Arena tourney, I'm away all day and miss out on signing up. Sadness. Ah well, I suppose there's always next time! I will definitely watch from the sidelines.

Also, I listened to the fan fiction episode and lemme tell ya -- that sure was an episode of something alright. We must never allow this power to fall into the wrong hands. I'm just glad nobody was around when I listened to it, I must've looked like a fool. And not the heroic protagonist kind.

FluxWaveZ

I will bet on Twilt to take this. (even though I've never played him, but Narukami players need to stick together)

This reminded me of the NeoGAF P4A tourney. Going from the results, it seems like Mo the Hawk will have a pretty good chance at taking this league, as well.

I just can't wait for P4U2 to play as the Shadows. I'm getting closer and closer to unlocking the power of the Wild Card and playing every character efficiently enough.

pan-hime

cJ7uhhH.png

are this people even real?

I feel it falls in line with P2IS's soundtrack. Would sound a bit out of place in P3 or P4, though, yeah. Someone in the video comments said "So much Devil Summoner on this", which I can also see.

That track is very rock, so yeah it fits P2 IS to a tee.

Speaking of Persona 2, the secret track from Eternal Punishment, Persona Rock. That has to be the most engrish song I've heard from the Persona series. Though I do love the guitar solo in the middle of the song.

Welp, I'm officially overpowered. I just annihilate everything in my path (Kanji/Naoto/Yukiko). Naoto is just ridiculous since I gave her an accessory with like +30% SP and she's immune to reflected light/dark spells. And now I recover 5% SP a fight which is almost worth an entire mahamaon/mamudoon. And then Kanji has his Vile Assault/Severe Physical Damage attack that just annihilates everything too. Just sheer insanity.

I'm honestly looking forward to the game ending though, the dungeon crawling has truly become boring and there's little motivation to do any S. Links other than Yosuke because he's at level 9. I really hope in P5 they give you enough time from the beginning without New Game+ nonsense to complete every S. Link without need of a super strict guide.

Also the (mega endgame spoilers)
fog is really obnoxious. I get that's the point but uh.... can't they just wear the glasses and make it go away? I thought it was funny how they wear them once and then never again for some reason. I also understand the lack of music at this point in the game but I kind wish there was at least something. P3's best music is arguably the "final month" themes.

Rhapsody

Banned
This reminded me of the NeoGAF P4A tourney. Going from the results, it seems like Mo the Hawk will have a pretty good chance at taking this league, as well.

I just can't wait for P4U2 to play as the Shadows. I'm getting closer and closer to unlocking the power of the Wild Card and playing every character efficiently enough.

I actually forgot what my results were until looking at this again. You and those two Kanji's really got me, haha.

The rest I didn't do too bad. The format definitely had me worried too.

SlickVic

85 hours in to P4G and going through the Hollow Forest. Considering how long it's lasting me (and how much I'm enjoying it), I'd say this game was well worth buying a Vita for. I wish I had another 15 hours left for an even 100, but I fear I may be closer to the end than that now.

Guess Who

Banned
Welp, I'm officially overpowered. I just annihilate everything in my path (Kanji/Naoto/Yukiko). Naoto is just ridiculous since I gave her an accessory with like +30% SP and she's immune to reflected light/dark spells. And now I recover 5% SP a fight which is almost worth an entire mahamaon/mamudoon. And then Kanji has his Vile Assault/Severe Physical Damage attack that just annihilates everything too. Just sheer insanity.

I'm honestly looking forward to the game ending though, the dungeon crawling has truly become boring and there's little motivation to do any S. Links other than Yosuke because he's at level 9. I really hope in P5 they give you enough time from the beginning without New Game+ nonsense to complete every S. Link without need of a super strict guide.

Also the (mega endgame spoilers)
fog is really obnoxious. I get that's the point but uh.... can't they just wear the glasses and make it go away? I thought it was funny how they wear them once and then never again for some reason. I also understand the lack of music at this point in the game but I kind wish there was at least something. P3's best music is arguably the "final month" themes.

Golden is quite a bit easier than the original game - Naoto in particular got buffed to where she can now learn literally every *dyne spell and already comes with two of them, which was definitely not the case in the PS2 version. She also didn't learn invigorate spells or Heat Riser. If you've done much of Rise's social link, you might notice some of the abilities she gets almost break the game with how useful they are, too - again, new to Golden.

If you're in the part with the
fog over the town and Naoto knows Mamudoon/Mahamaon and Kanji knows Primal Force
, it also sounds like you might be just a bit overleveled to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom