• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually really surprised by this news... wondering how they're going to do it in a way that doesn't just seem like rehashing the pre-existing Persona 4: The Animation. Definitely love to see Marie added in-- in the case of an English dub, more Eden Riegel is never a bad thing!

And here's some avatars from the new official P4GA site:

marie___p4ga_avatar_by_darkside989-d7gtwt1.png

yu_narukami___p4ga_avatar_by_darkside989-d7gtwv0.png

I mean obvious milking aside, if there are any fans who go from anime to the video game, I guess they wouldn't want people to think that the Golden extras are just "filler content."

Though I only played Golden and it seemed that way to me regardless.

Soma

On the bright side, hopefully I can recommend the new show to people looking for a worthy adaption over the ugly hackjob that was P4A.

Trying to #positivethinking

Neonsands

Neo Member
So, I have a theory. Do you think they are just trying to push Marie as canon for those who haven't played Golden? To me it seems like they are trying to set her up as a successor to Igor for the fifth game. If they can make her canon, then people will be able to quickly see Marie as the new proprietor for the velvet room and understand where she came from.

Am I by chance overthinking things?

FluxWaveZ

So, I have a theory. Do you think they are just trying to push Marie as canon for those who haven't played Golden? To me it seems like they are trying to set her up as a successor to Igor for the fifth game. If they can make her canon, then people will be able to quickly see Marie as the new proprietor for the velvet room and understand where she came from.

Yep.

Nachos

I'm actually really surprised by this news... wondering how they're going to do it in a way that doesn't just seem like rehashing the pre-existing Persona 4: The Animation. Definitely love to see Marie added in-- in the case of an English dub, more Eden Riegel is never a bad thing!

Oh yeah, Eden Riegel is the only thing keeping me from being tepid towards Marie, at least in terms of the Vita game. If they actually develop her beyond being the token tsundere and integrate her into the story of the show, I'm sure my opinion will change a bit more.

Her character arc is pretty self-contained to Golden. I really can't see her getting much more of a role in future games. I'd expect them to use the native velvet room attendants or create a new one before they use Marie.

Sophia

Yeah you're overthinking it.

LX_Theo

Banned
I have a feeling that they'll make an anime for almost all the games at one point it another. At least , all of them after P3

cjkeats

I'll take it. The glorious Kana Hana can bless my ears all she wants.

I can't complain about it being another p4 anime, but something else would've been cool. Like p2. Or p4a. Hell, even PQ.

Im not really upset by today's announcement. I think its awesome how ATLUS are constantly overloading their fans with more Persona goodness. Some people may hate anime, dancing, fighting games etc. But at least there's something for everyone.

The complaints about certain titles and media is a very positive problem to have.

Try being apart of other fanbases (PSO2, Valkyria chronicles, Megaman, Shenmue, Yakuza etc). THAT'S when complaining is 100% LEGIT.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm really digging the new Yu/Marie designs. Marie especially.

I think with her actually integrated into the story, it'll go a lot better.

MSMrRound

Do you think they are just trying to push Marie as canon

You mean Atlus did not manage to establish it yet?

Both Marie and Theo (mentioned in P4A as canon) are in Persona Q, while FeMC is still sadly missing from the game.

The animation will more or less cement Marie's spot as a canon character.

Oh yeah, Eden Riegel is the only thing keeping me from being tepid towards Marie, at least in terms of the Vita game. If they actually develop her beyond being the token tsundere and integrate her into the story of the show, I'm sure my opinion will change a bit more.

More terrible hot spring scenes.

PK Gaming

Gracias¡

Sophia

Then why does ANN state:

Meguro is clearly credited for music on the website, alongside Tetsuya Kobayashi. Seeing as Kobayashi is working on the P3 movies, it'll probably be a similar situation to that. Some new tracks by Meguro, some by him, the rest reused assists.

Sooooooo...

While I'm looking forward to P4G The Animation (because, why not? It' can be worse than P4tA, right?)... I'm terribly sad because it seems like I missed the best stream ever :'( Damn you, work!

cjkeats

Uh... has anyone looked at the art on the site? It's kinda bad...
Those are just design references. Animators use them to make sure everything is right. There's probably a bunch with facial expressions, back views and other outfits that we don't get to see until an art book comes out. The p4a art book has a bunch of them.

From the ANN article:

"According to the staff, the new anime will retell some events of the first television anime series, and will also focus on three years after the end of the original anime and video game."

Makes it seem more like a summary + new content? Doubt it will be a full retelling like the first anime.

EDIT: They changed it to "the new anime will retell the events of the first television anime series, but will include new character Marie."

"Three years" was mentioned on the stream, but I'm pretty sure that was in reference to "it's been three years since the original P4 anime".

Squire

Banned

Uh huh.

Have they said how many episodes the new anime will be?

Nope. Though I think the story would be better served with twice the episodes the original series had.

Dantis

If we decide to be reductive we could say the vast majority of P4 is "filler".

*shrug*

If you're so inclined. 50 episodes is still a bad idea. Would be all filler.

EDIT: WAIT! I have a better response!:

*snort*

Maybe if you've only played Golden.

fertygo

I'm surprised they're not making Arena's anime instead, its make more sense.. they can make it for advertising Ultimax, like P4TA did for P4G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom