• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboo001

Banned
Hey PersonaGAF! I've been lurking on OT4 without realizing there was a 5th lol. You guys are a real fun bunch and now that I caught up I hope to be more active.

I was going through some of the old SLink podcasts, and on EP 17 with Michelle Ann Dunphy they said that Naoto's voice actor is unknown due to Union reasons. I've never knew that, for some reason I though it was Ali Hillis. Pity because that could of been a good interview.

Jinto

Spent the last little while reading through this new thread. Can't say I wasn't entertained. :D

I haven't watched P4 The Animation yet, but I'm still excited for a new one, since it seems the consensus is the other one isn't all that.

I'm glad they're changing up the story mode in P4AU. Hopefully it'll be more coherent. I'm actually more excited for Persona Q.

The tournament league sounds cool. I'd watch for sure. Maybe I can learn a thing or 2. I also have some gaming related prizes I can contribute, if it's not too late for that.

Well I at least got to see some of the cool stuff from the P3 Movie from watching that this morning. So that gives me something to look forward to when I get it. I like how they are going a different approach from it then the game.

And I certainly hope there will be no FeMC stuff and they just forget about her. I couldn't stand her when I beat P3P just didn't fit the mood with P3 when having played FES first. Although I can see why some people like her though(those better social links).

I'm alright with the P4G Anime it wasn't what I expected, but I don't mind seeing it being done by a different studio though.

CorvoSol

And I certainly hope there will be no FeMC stuff and they just forget about her. I couldn't stand her when I beat P3P just didn't fit the mood with P3 when having played FES first. Although I can see why some people like her though(those better social links).

Yer on a list, bub.

Alfredo

So...they're retelling the entire Persona 4 story again with the new anime? That's gonna be like the fifth time I'll have gone through that story (First was Endurance Run, then P4 PS2, then P4 Animation, then P4G).

Atlus should've just given Giant Bomb lots of money and a Vita capture kit so they could do an Endurance Run of Golden, then broadcast that to the world in place of a new anime. >_>

But, yeah, I hope the production quality of this new anime is waaaaay better than the original was...

My thoughts on the announcement:

I wasn't expecting anything major so this kinda fits right in, it's just, I dunno what I was expecting but it wasn't exactly a do-over of P4tA. I mean this is essentially what it should have been the first time around, sure, but

well, I don't even know how to word the feeling I have lol.

Also just restating I like Marie, just not the way her S Link was implemented. Because I feel it might be needed to add on :p
7ZZheC3.png

Per-salter.
lol, so good
YES! FINALLY! My account has been approved! :D Nice to meet you all!
Welcome aboard! Watch out for the mountains of salt :p

Caladrius

Hey PersonaGAF! I've been lurking on OT4 without realizing there was a 5th lol. You guys are a real fun bunch and now that I caught up I hope to be more active.

I was going through some of the old SLink podcasts, and on EP 17 with Michelle Ann Dunphy they said that Naoto's voice actor is unknown due to Union reasons. I've never knew that, for some reason I though it was Ali Hillis. Pity because that could of been a good interview.

Welcome!

To be fair Ali Hills shows up so often it's easy to assume she's voicing almost any particular lower-voiced women.

A+ Avatar.

mrboo001

Banned
I've never seen the P4 Anime before but now I might as well wait until the new one comes out.

Welcome!

To be fair Ali Hills shows up so often it's easy to assume she's voicing almost any particular lower-voiced women.

A+ Avatar.

Thanks! And yeah... Ali does show up in a lot of games.

Guess Who

Banned
Hahaha, I joked that they should do a new Persona 4 anime as an apology for P4: The Animation, but I never thought that'd actually be what they did!

Kinda glad, though, the bits of the new anime they showed look much better than P4:TA ever did.

mrboo001

Banned
They might be able to make Marie a good character in the new anime, now that I think about it... o_O

I'd image they have a lot more freedom fitting her in the general story line than Golden. Wonder if they bother expanding her possible relationship with anyone other than Yu and possibly the Velvet Room people?

Sophia

Are you saying she wasn't good in Golden? :(

The execution of her Social Link was severely lacking, but one of the good things the original anime did well was expanding on the social links. Both for party members (Yukiko and Chie's being integrated in the story) and non party members. Same thing with the Persona 3 movie in regards to Fuuka and Junpei.

In this sense, I actually kind of have my expectations a little high because they've done it right before.

kewlmyc

When is it airing?

EDIT: July!? That's surprisingly soon. It'll probably be 2 cour as well. Maybe 3 cour (37 episodes), but definitely not 50. That's dragging it out way too long.

Squire

Banned
They might be able to make Marie a good character in the new anime, now that I think about it... o_O

Based on the way the P3 movies are apparently giving Makoto an actual personality, yeah. I had the same thought.

When is it airing?

EDIT: July!? That's surprisingly soon. It'll probably be 2 cour as well. Maybe 3 cour (37 episodes), but definitely not 50. That's dragging it out way too long.

Man, I disagree. It's like you guys didn't even watch P4tA. The very definition of a rushed narrative.

CorvoSol

Hold on. I mean, she still has to overcome the hurdle of that HORRIBLE poetry of hers and her stale tsundere attitude. Get her over those and then, sure.

Labrys will always be the better new girl in the IT crowd.

And FeMC will always be the best new girl in the Persona series.

Sophia

Man, I disagree. It's like you guys didn't even watch P4tA. The
very definition of a rushed narrative.

I think the word I'd use to describe the anime's narrative was "inconsistent", rather than rushed. Some episodes felt like they were moving at the speed of light to meet some weird cosmic deadline. It's especially noticeable at the beginning, where the first episode tries to cram in too much, then the next few episodes slow down considerably. The true ending is also a pretty bad case, as is the
Shadow Mitsuo
episode.

Hold on. I mean, she still has to overcome the hurdle of that HORRIBLE poetry of hers and her stale tsundere attitude. Get her over those and then, sure.

Labrys will always be the better new girl in the IT crowd.

And FeMC will always be the best new girl in the Persona series.

I don't mind her Tsundere attitude if she's directly integrated into the plot. You may have a point about the poems tho. I heard the Japanese ones during the November broadcast and they were AWFUL >.<;

kewlmyc

Based on the way the P3 movies are apparently giving Makoto an actual personality, yeah. I had the same thought.

Man, I disagree. It's like you guys didn't even watch P4tA. The very definition of a rushed narrative.

I watched it and enjoyed it. Much more than a lot of you guys here.

I just don't see how 50 episodes can be used to somehow better the series. Yeah some of it was rushed, mostly the True ending, but what will 50 episodes do? Give each social link an episode to itself? We don't really need that since they're not necessary to the narrative. Each dungeon getting 4 or so episodes to itself? Definitely don't need that. 37 would be great. 50? No.

Dantis

Which bits felt rushed to you? Outside of the ending (Which was, admittedly, very rushed), I actually thought the pacing was really good.

Squire

Banned
I watched it and enjoyed it. Much more than a lot of you guys here.

I just don't see how 50 episodes can be used to somehow better the series. Yeah some of it was rushed, mostly the True ending, but what will 50 episodes do? Give each social link an episode to itself? We don't really need that since they're not necessary to the narrative. Each dungeon getting 4 or so episodes to itself? Definitely don't need that. 37 would be great. 50? No.

I liked it, too! It's less that I'm hell bent on them doing 50 and more that I think 25 isn't enough. I like your plan for 37 though and I have to say: P4s story is the social links. The narrative is paper thin without them, so yeah - one episode for each would be a dream come true.

Squire

Banned
That episode was amazing. Didn't feel even slightly rushed. It was one of the highlights of the bloody series!

It was very sweet, but it was also a cramfest.

I'm guess this will get an English dub or at least a sub?

As it's technically still Aniplex, I expect the US team will put subbed versions up on Crunchyroll/Hulu as with the first series and everything else they do.

That said, I don't think there's a chance in hell Sentai gets to license P4GA. There's money in Persona and Aniplex knows it.

kewlmyc

I liked it, too! It's less that I'm hell bent on them doing 50 and more that I think 25 isn't enough. I like your plan for 37 though and I have to say: P4s story is the social links. The narrative is paper thin without them, so yeah - one episode for each would be a dream come true.

The main social links? Sure, but 1 episode a piece to the side ones? Why? You like Eri and Shu that much? :p

Nah, cramming 4 different Social Links into a two part episode? Nah. No way is that rushed!
How dare they cram the 4 most obscure and far removed from the narrative social links into an interesting and pretty funny two parter that shows how Yu looks to those on the outside when he's doing social links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom