• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

dude, she literally only serves you food and says "Eat up"

Didn’t you know? Aiya’s known to deliver anywhere and everywhere.

tumblr_mw7tgoMX0P1spdy36o8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mw7tgoMX0P1spdy36o6_250.gif

tumblr_mw7tgoMX0P1spdy36o1_250.gif

Gif source

Squire

Banned
*shrug*

If you're so inclined. 50 episodes is still a bad idea. Would be all filler.

EDIT: WAIT! I have a better response!:

*snort*

Maybe if you've only played Golden.

Wait.

You don't even watch anime, so how the hell would you know?

Omikaru

Dunno what some of you guys were expecting, quite frankly. Certainly wasn't going to be a game.

Admittedly, P4G Anime has surprised me; I thought they'd announce an Arena anime/movie/miniseries or something.

We've got another chance for a pretty good rendition of Persona 4 in anime form after the first one was disappointing; we should be happy about that!

Acid08

Banned
Dunno what some of you guys were expecting, quite frankly. Certainly wasn't going to be a game.

Admittedly, P4G Anime has surprised me; I thought they'd announce an Arena anime/movie/miniseries or something.

We've got another chance for a pretty good rendition of Persona 4 in anime form after the first one was disappointing; we should be happy about that!
But it could have been something a bit more...new? Like, there are already three new games coming out featuring the P4 cast. At a certain point it feel like overload even though they're great characters.

It's a good thing that people are excited about though! I hope people enjoy it. But personally a new P4 anime featuring my least favorite P4 character.....yeeeeeesh.

Omikaru

But it could have been something a bit more...new? Like, there are three new games coming out featuring the P4 cast. At a certain point it feel like overload even though they're great characters.

People have been saying for the past week that this was very likely to be anime-related. Considering anime stuff is usually adaptations (the disastrous Trinity Soul notwithstanding), what else was it going to be? The only thing I can think of is Arena, but there's evidently not as much interest in doing that as there is a full series.

FluxWaveZ

It's the latter that has brought about the confused responses, not the medium that the announcement is of. An anime was the expected announcement given the nature of the stream, but I didn't see a single person even jokingly suggest it would be a Persona 4 Golden anime.

It's difficult to understand why it exists other than to rectify some problems that the first anime had and/or to add additional P4G scenes. Either way, P4GA doesn't really seem to be aimed at people who would just be discovering P4; the first part of that trailer basically spoils the game's ending.

Levito

Banned
For me, I'm not upset at the P4GA, at least not in and of itself. Just not sure why it'se necessary, this story has been told 4 times already. Something different would be far more interesting, to say the least. Granted, I wasn't expecting P5 or a new game.

Either way, it's gonna happen. Hopefully it'll be a much better product than the previous series.

EDIT:

Welcome M3, to the kawaii contingent of GAF. ARE YOU READY?!

The best thing in P4GA would be if they recreate the King's Game scene, with the same swag Narukami setup and everything.

But he ends up picking Yosuke's number and he has to give him a piggy back ride

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I'm actually really surprised by this news... wondering how they're going to do it in a way that doesn't just seem like rehashing the pre-existing Persona 4: The Animation. Definitely love to see Marie added in-- in the case of an English dub, more Eden Riegel is never a bad thing!

And here's some avatars from the new official P4GA site:

marie___p4ga_avatar_by_darkside989-d7gtwt1.png

yu_narukami___p4ga_avatar_by_darkside989-d7gtwv0.png

Marie is mine.

Welcome! Remember, you're here forever.
Welcome M!
Welcome 3M!
Oy, that's my line!

Anyway, welcome, Triple M! I'm sure you'll fit right in here.
EDIT: Welcome M3, to the kawaii contingent of GAF. ARE YOU READY?!
Thanks to all! And YES I AM!
You've arrived! Run away while you still can Welcome to PersonerGAF!

Welcome to our den of confusion!
Pop quiz: Who da man?
Junpei's da man of course!

Welcome! May I ask where you're from? :)
I'm from México! (Hence the 'Mex' part, and yeah I know 'Mystery' is misspelled) so sorry if my english is kinda bad. :p

I'll probably post my Persona history later!

Seems I did right leveling up a social link with a real friend than watching the stream.
Thanks to atlus I have learned a valuble lesson in life lol

As someone who really liked the P4 Anime I dont really mind this one. I think im a P4 slave.
Watching panhime's video maybe I start to understand how someone feels being a Lightining fan and being pandered by SE while the rest of the world hates you hahahahaha
seriously no, becuase p4 is good and lightning is shit

They still need to show something soon about P5 though.

YES! FINALLY! My account has been approved! :D Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, if only been on this community 3 weeks and they are awesome.

welcome miguel. sorry for not noticing before.

Watching panhime's video maybe I start to understand how someone feels being a Lightining fan and being pandered by SE while the rest of the world hates you hahahahaha
seriously no, becuase p4 is good and lightning is shit

They're force feeding us Marie in a Lightning-like fashion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I for one can't wait for anime renditions of Marie's moving poetry

Levito

Banned
Marie isn't as bad as one of the worst characters in the past 10 years of gaming, but is she bad enough to know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom