• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

vhgron.gif

Well that was a fun stream. I don't regret watching it. Came in with low expectations to begin with so wasn't disappointed in the slightest. They did announce something new so they kept their promise.

esoterika

Neo Member
From the ANN article:

"According to the staff, the new anime will retell some events of the first television anime series, and will also focus on three years after the end of the original anime and video game."

Makes it seem more like a summary + new content? Doubt it will be a full retelling like the first anime.

EDIT: They changed it to "the new anime will retell the events of the first television anime series, but will include new character Marie."

The best thing to come out of this stream will be Pan-hime's sim on all of the salty reactions from around the internet :D

P4GA has the potential to be super-legit, though. It could very well be the Brotherhood to P4A's Fullmetal Alchemist, or the John Carpenter's The Thing to P4A's The Thing From Another World!

LX_Theo

Banned
From the ANN article:

"According to the staff, the new anime will retell some events of the first television anime series, and will also focus on three years after the end of the original anime and video game."

Makes it seem more like a summary + new content? Doubt it will be a full retelling like the first anime.

wat

The biggest victim of this stream was Teddie's innocence. Seriously though, I hope they gave that dude a lot of money to be fondled in front of thousands of people.

Tamanon

Banned
From the ANN article:

Huh, 3 years later? That'll be fun to get more story stuff there.

FluxWaveZ

From the ANN article:

I'm looking at the ANN article right now and I don't see that.

This and that thing about there being Persona 5 information in three weeks sound like misinformation.

InFamy

Neo Member
A part of me deep down hopes that the P4 cast get to use their signature weapons as well as their personas in the new anime. Though I bet the chances of that are slim ;_;

Ha, my timing is perfect. A couple of days ago I was talking about how Marie doesn't fit the story and then we get an anime that's going to put her in the limelight.

What are the general complaints regarding the P4 anime? It was the first anime I watched in a long time(seriously before P4 I last watched anime back when I was a kid, probably pokémon or DBZ),and I enjoyed it. Actually, it reinkindled my intrest for anime, as you can see by my avatar. Since watching P4 Animation I watched NGE, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and I am currently watching Ergo Proxy.

Are people upset about the animation quality? Or is it something else?

What are the general complaints regarding the P4 anime? It was the first anime I watched in a long time(seriously before P4 I last watched anime back when I was a kid, probably pokémon or DBZ),and I enjoyed it. Actually, it reinkindled my intrest for anime, as you can see by my avatar. Since watching P4 Animation I watched NGE, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and I am currently watching Ergo Proxy.

I love the p4 anime. If they can improve the pacing by giving it more episodes, and improve the animation quality, then it should be awesome.

Nachos

I think it was like a commercial featuring JUNES just like how the TV station works in P4.

Also, your avatar is MEGIDOLAON CUTE.

Heh, I just found the set of sprites recently and had to change my avatar to it.

For those of you who haven't played DR2 yet, this is a fan-made sprite, so it (unfortunately) doesn't come from any actual scene in the game.

What was up with the creepy old guy trying to pull down his pants every 5 seconds?

And i am absolutely speechless in regards to this LOL.

PAMSCHF.png
GATTAI!

Sophia

It's an average anime with an awful director at the helm, equally awful directing, terrible pacing, and poor animation quality. Saved only by a decently written script, good music, and a good source material.

Hmmm, I don't know.

Were you expecting something other than an anime from this stream?

They had Persona 4 The Animation, P3M and even Persona: Trinity Soul linked on the Niconico page for a reason.

It's just silly that they are pouring on the P4 so thick as I've stated before

Something something fuck anime

Sophia

Honestly I would have preferred if literally nothing was announced than what we ended up getting.

This is a pretty dumb thing to say. You'd prefer it if we were forever stuck with the stupid original P4 anime? It's not like a new TV series is going to hurt anyone.

Nothing silly about it. It makes them money, we get a proper quality adaptation, everyone is happy. Besides, it's not like they're not doing at least two more Persona 3 movies too. :p

Soma

This is a pretty dumb thing to say. You'd prefer it if we were forever stuck with the stupid original P4 anime? It's not like a new TV series is going to hurt anyone.

I'd prefer them to move on.

(shit I'd even take an Arena anime over this)

Yes, yes I would prefer that. I would honestly prefer it if they didnt work on further animating the same P4 story I have seen 5 times. At least work on P4A at LEAST. or something new, christ.

Sophia

I'd prefer them to move on.

(shit I'd even take an Arena anime over this)

I wanted an Arena adaptation too, but I'm okay with this. Heck, this might even lead into an A-1 produced Arena adaptation down the line, which would be awesome.

Yes, yes I would prefer that. I would honestly prefer it if they didnt work on further animating the same P4 story I have seen 5 times. At least work on P4A at LEAST. or something new, christ.

Then don't watch it. You're not exactly being hurt because they chose to remake it.

Dantis

P4G anime just feels like a waste of time. It's not like, bad, it's just, like why bother?

Also, people saying "Finally a good Persona 4 anime!" are definitely counting their eggs before they hatch.

teaservisual01ekj3f.jpg

Interesting fact: you can tell who is who purely from this shot.

That's a cool picture.

FluxWaveZ

Sure, but it's also reasonable to just ignore it if one doesn't like it. There are Persona 3 movies going on right now in addition to this, so it's not like it's all P4 all the time. PQ and P4AU are as much about P3 as they are about P4, too. P4D seems to be mostly about P4, though, I'll give you that. But they're also developing P5, so until it seems that P4 is consuming the potential for creative growth in the series, I'm pretty much okay with it.

But, then again, they opted for a P4GA and not a P4UA. I actually think a P4UA would make a bit more sense, at least in terms of promotion, than P4GA, but I guess the latter has more potential for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom