• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
The main social links? Sure, but 1 episode a piece to the side ones? Why? You like Eri and Shu that much? :p

How dare they cram the 4 most obscure and far removed from the narrative social links into an interesting and pretty funny two parter that shows how Yu looks to those on the outside when he's doing social links.

We weigh the value of the S. Links differently and that's fine, but yeah, I feel the way I do.

Sophia

I didn't mind the summer episodes. The director's natural talent for comedy actually came out through them, so they were pretty awesome despite being rushed.

kewlmyc

We weigh the value of the S. Links differently and that's fine, but yeah, I feel the way I do.

Very understandable, it would just feel like padding out in my opinion. Cool for fans of the series, but ugh for overall story pacing.

I wonder how the P3 movies will deal with s.links.

Dantis

The more I think about it, the less rushed it feels to me. They really cut the ending short, but the main plot was paced pretty nicely. It was coherent and interesting, which is pretty much what you'd hope for.

It also had some absolutely brilliant episodes that everyone forgets when they're giving it a kicking. The episode with Ai? And the Catherine references? Amazing. What about the episode with (P4 spoilers)
Shadow Mitsuo
? Everyone loved that! And the Margaret fight? So good.

P4 The Animation may have had some shoddy drawing, but it was still very enjoyable to watch for sure.

Squire

Banned
I didn't mind the summer episodes. The director's natural talent for comedy actually came out through them, so they were pretty awesome despite being rushed.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I enjoyed those episodes and they are a highlight of the first series. Given the choice though? I wouldn't suggest a repeat.

The more I think about it, the less rushed it feels to me. They really cut the ending short, but the main plot was paced pretty nicely. It was coherent and interesting, which is pretty much what you'd hope for.

It also had some absolutely brilliant episodes that everyone forgets when they're giving it a kicking. The episode with Ai? And the Catherine references? Amazing. What about the episode with (P4 spoilers)
Shadow Mitsuo
? Everyone loved that! And the Margaret fight? So good.

P4 The Animation may have had some shoddy drawing, but it was still very enjoyable to watch for sure.

Bro, I have both BDs on my shelf right now and yeah, I liked the episodes you mention a lot! P4tA is OK.

But now they have a chance to do it better. I think we're all just hoping they grab the bull by the horns and there's precedent for that, given the glowing reception of Spring of Borth.

CorvoSol

How dare they cram the 4 most obscure and far removed from the narrative social links into an interesting and pretty funny two parter that shows how Yu looks to those on the outside when he's doing social links.

Oh don't get me wrong, I thought it was a clever way of doing it, but I don't think you can deny that it felt rushed at the same time.

The only episode I actually didn't like was the Shadow Mitsuo episode, 'cuz that one was sort of confusing to me. The rest of the show I liked quite a bit, actually.

Guess Who

Banned
I mostly hated the true ending episode, what a clusterfuck.

lLQwArN.gif

Dantis

Bro, I have both BDs on my shelf right now and yeah, I liked the episodes you mention a lot! P4tA is OK.

But now they have a chance to do it better. I think we're all just hoping they grab the bull by the horns and there's precedent for that, given the glowing reception of Spring of Borth.

I've just been saying in the IRC that they're clearly going to have to make it noteably different.

I wonder if it will only cover Golden scenes or something. Or maybe it will just portray all the original stuff in a different tone. It'll be interesting to see, but I'm not jumping on the "This will definitely be better!" band wagon just yet. It could be awful for all we know.

I mostly hated the true ending episode, what a clusterfuck.

lLQwArN.gif

You make me sick.

kewlmyc

Oh don't get me wrong, I thought it was a clever way of doing it, but I don't think you can deny that it felt rushed at the same time.

The only episode I actually didn't like was the Shadow Mitsuo episode, 'cuz that one was sort of confusing to me. The rest of the show I liked quite a bit, actually.

Yeah, it was rushed. I just thought is was a nice alternative.

Yeah, the only episode I didn't like was the last one. Let's just throw in Margaret because why not?

Setsu00

I've just been saying in the IRC that they're clearly going to have to make it noteably different.

I wonder if it will only cover Golden scenes or something. Or maybe it will just portray all the original stuff in a different tone. It'll be interesting to see, but I'm not jumping on the "This will definitely be better!" band wagon just yet. It could be awful for all we know.

At least, it's nice to look at. The animation quality in the scene whre Yu meets Marie is excellent.

Lunar15

Hey guys, remember how Atlus was talking about a surprising game? Well, Tecmo Koei did just register that Xtreme Beach Volleyball trademark the other day...

Pretty obvious what's going on here if you ask me.

Squire

Banned

Oh yeah, nothing is promised. They seem to have done such a good job with P3 though, hopes are reasonably high.

At least, it's nice to look at. The animation quality in the scene whre Yu meets Marie is excellent.

The animation was easily the biggest issue with the first series.

Acid08

Banned
I'd rather just get an English translated P4 and P3 manga, honestly. I'll gladly shell out for those.
I'd pay some scanlator to translate the last volume of the P1 manga. It's so close to being done ;_;

Corvo, I'd recommend checking the P1 manga out if you want some more of the characters. They do some cool stuff with it to weave the characters and different storylines together. Only bad thing is it isn't completed yet.

CorvoSol

I'd pay some scanlator to translate the last volume of the P1 manga. It's so close to being done ;_;

Corvo, I'd recommend checking the P1 manga out if you want some more of the characters. They do some cool stuff with it to weave the characters and different storylines together. Only bad thing is it isn't completed yet.

Oh, I was wondering about that, because apparently the P1 characters who pop up in P2 are all the ones I did not take! So yeah, I'll get on reading that, I suppose. I wish I could find the entire P4A manga translated, though. Nobody seems to have past chapter 7.

Caladrius

Was that the
groundhog day-esque
episode? Y'know I honestly liked that one and what they were going for and this is coming from someone who mostly hated the series as a whole.

It didn't avoid getting hit with the ugly stick though.

OH NO WHAT HAPPEN

I agree

Meia

What if P4GA is told entirely from Marie's point of view?

It's a real possibility, you know.

Yep, great idea. So the only time the animation will do anything is when Yu takes her out to social link, or at the end of the year.

Every episode will feature her in the Velvet Room, writing/practicing her poetry for 20 minutes, broken up occasionally when Yu comes in to fuse new Persona. :p

Lunar15

Yep, great idea. So the only time the animation will do anything is when Yu takes her out to social link, or at the end of the year.

Every episode will feature her in the Velvet Room, writing/practicing her poetry for 20 minutes, broken up occasionally when Yu comes in to fuse new Persona. :p

Or, you know, they could shove her into places she wasn't before. Not like that's the whole idea behind her character in the first place.

FluxWaveZ

Doubt there'll be anything substantial about Persona 5 before June 12. The cover for the upcoming Persona magazine is Persona Q. If they suddenly decided to unveil the game, they would be promoting P5 on the cover instead, especially since PQ would have already been out by then.

Lunar15

I think that "worst character" thread has nearly every P4 character represented in it. Blows my mind, especially when Final Fantasy XIII exists.

Also, the above picture is incredible.

kewlmyc

I'm watching the stream now. Wish I watched this live with you guys. The movie looks really good. Can't wait to watch it in a few weeks. So buying those Aigis and Shinji figs as well.

Who's the guy who keeps taking off his pants?

CorvoSol

I think that "worst character" thread has nearly every P4 character represented in it. Blows my mind, especially when Final Fantasy XIII exists.

Also, the above picture is incredible.

Dude yeah I was kinda taken aback. Someone put Yu. He's a silent protagonist for cryin' out loud!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm watching the stream now. Wish I watched this live with you guys. The movie looks really good. Can't wait to watch it in a few weeks. So buying those Aigis and Shinji figs as well.

Who's the guy who keeps taking off his pants?

ooooooo

todd360

So what was that announcement that was supposed to be in japan at 11:30 or whatever. I was to busy doing school work today to keep track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom