• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

"Look, his seiyuu died, alright? We're making the best of the situation here. We can't NOT do this."

tumblr_n4yy3uHDnI1qj6bfuo1_400.png

"Welcome to the Velvet Room stupidjerkfaceihateyou, we've been expecting you..."

No, but seriously, hope ya'll ready for some YuxMarie being canon!

I would imagine you'll just adapt to it if given enough time.You're playing a game that came out 6 years prior to Golden. Just keep in mind that your party is supposed to be somewhat distant for a good chunk of the game and not instant bffs since that's what seems to be a lot of people's complaints when they play P3 after P4.

Kirie

Hi guys! A bit of a lurker here so I'd thought I'd pop in and say hello since some other new users popped up too. The announcement today was.. Something else. I was a little bit upset at the time (Wanted P3 Vita edition) but eh. Could have been something worse so I'm not too bothered.

Sorry for the awkward, I'm not too good at randomly jumping into convos. lol

(FeMC is forever the best and will always be canon in my heart)

Vylash

Give Portable a shot. Worse graphics n presentation, but
basically all the rest of it is waaaay better.

I actually have Portable and FES, the point and click aspect really takes me out of Portable, and the lack of party control in FES drives me crazy

Caladrius

I think it's safe to say now that there will never be a "Persona 3 Platinum", right?

I wouldn't pass judgment until the last P3 movie is out.

Hi guys! A bit of a lurker here so I'd thought I'd pop in and say hello since some other new users popped up too. The announcement today was.. Something else. I was a little bit upset at the time (Wanted P3 Vita edition) but eh. Could have been something worse so I'm not too bothered.

Welcome!

CorvoSol

You's good folk.

I actually have Portable and FES, the point and click aspect really takes me out of Portable, and the lack of party control in FES drives me crazy

Welcome to the crowd, then.

I think it's safe to say now that there will never be a "Persona 3 Platinum", right?

Not any time in the foreseeable future, that's for sure.

PK Gaming

I have no idea why people were expecting it in the first place.

That kind of game takes resources and time; they're not going to tackle when they've got several other projects (including the big one, P5)

Vylash

I have no idea why people were expecting it in the first place.

That kind of game takes resources and time; they're not going to tackle when they've got several other projects (including the big one, P5)

Well most of the games are nearing the end of development so it wasn't that crazy

Meia

I wouldn't pass judgment until the last P3 movie is out.

Yep. Also wouldn't say a Persona 4 Arena anime won't happen, as they probably had to wait for the P3 movies to finish first too. Timing wise, it wasn't the time for the remake of 3, as too many games and they couldn't have really even started it yet. I wouldn't be too shocked to hear about something like this closer to when P5 is out, or even 6 months after P5 is done.

Let's think positive in terms of the new anime, as they may fix some of the bad things the original series did. If P3 characters in the movies can use weapons, maybe we'll have them actually using weapons against shadows in P4 now too. Also lol pacing. Can also hope that they make Marie an actual character in this too, as opposed to the window dressing role she served for 95% of the P4G game.

Can also hope that they put in some of the good things that the anime did actually do in other areas. The Chie and Yukiko shadows, and how they were handled, were done extremely well....and then they did kind of fuckall for everyone else. Hell, the manga handled Kanji's wonderfully, copy/paste that shit into P4GA if you have to.

FluxWaveZ

Yep.

Also wouldn't say a Persona 4 Arena anime won't happen, as they probably had to wait for the P3 movies to finish first too. Timing wise, it wasn't the time for the remake of 3, as too many games and they couldn't have really even started it yet. I wouldn't be too shocked to hear about something like this closer to when P5 is out, or even 6 months after P5 is done.

An anime is a different beast and I would also expect a P4A anime at some point, given that Atlus seems pretty into anime adaptations of the Persona games.

But when would be a good time for another version of P3? It would be the fourth version of the game and it most likely wouldn't be part of any ongoing media expansion revolving around Persona 3 at the time it would come out, when all of the Persona 4 stuff was/is. It would be a release that would seem out of place, and potentially provide little ROI for the investment it would take to make it, especially if they would be into P5 merchandising at that point. I can't really see it happening anymore, even though it seemed possible before today.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that the reason so much stuff concerning P3 and P4 is happening all at once, including a quick turnaround on a Persona 4 anime remake, is that it's so it all can be appealing and maintain relevance before P5 comes out, at which point the P3/P4 spin-offs and other media will practically cease. It doesn't sound like a crazy possibility.

Squire

Banned

Why would you think that when they still have two films to release both in theaters and home video, ensuring we'll be discussing P3 for at least another ~12 months?

Omikaru

Why would you think that when they still have two films to release both in theaters and home video, ensuring we'll be discussing P3 for at least another ~12 months?

This. While I personally don't think we'll get another version of Persona 3, it's far from a write-off at this point.

I really want a perfect version of P3. Really badly.

Squire

Banned
This. While I personally don't think we'll get another version of Persona 3, it's far from a write-off at this point.

I really want a perfect version of P3. Really badly.

It wouldn't surprise me if they want to finish the films first so they can put it out when attitudes towards that story are at an all-time high.

It's still way too early to call.

Meia

An anime is a different beast and I would also expect a P4A anime at some point, given that Atlus seems pretty into anime adaptations of the Persona games.

But when would be a good time for another version of P3? It would be the fourth version of the game and it most likely wouldn't be part of any ongoing media expansion revolving around Persona 3 at the time it would come out, when all of the Persona 4 stuff was/is. It would be a release that would seem out of place, and potentially provide little ROI for the investment it would take to make it, especially if they would be into P5 merchandising at that point. I can't really see it happening anymore, even though it seemed possible before today.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that the reason so much stuff concerning P3 and P4 is happening all at once, including a quick turnaround on a Persona 4 anime remake, is that it's so it all can be appealing and maintain relevance before P5 comes out, at which point the P3/P4 spin-offs and other media will practically cease. It doesn't sound like a crazy possibility.

Yep, I've kind of looked at this whole year as a "last hurrah" for what we know as modern Persona before they switch gears to whatever Persona 5 is going to wind up being.

The P3 movies are still a wild card though. Are we sure it's only 3, or do we not know how many yet? We also don't know when the last one is going to be released(however number they're going to be), nor when the blu-rays of them will come out. I think the blu-ray of the last movie, whenever it'll hit theaters, will probably be out after P5 is out already, so that's the only possibility I can see of them announcing it too, and fits with the timetable I said in my post(announcement of it ~6 months after P5 is out).

Then again, with a proper "new" engine up with Persona 5, it's also possible that they'll be too busy making new stuff with it, and that's ok too. :)

I have a feeling there'll be 4 of them. Depends on when the second movie ends.

Also a possibility of only 3 and the Answer being an OVA or something released after all of them(way of maybe a box set with all of the movies + that), which would give them even more time.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I've considered they're could actually be four P3 films. Regardless though, I think both the theatrical and of course BD release of the third film will be post-P5.

Meia

Yeah, I've considered they're could actually be four P3 films. Regardless though, I think both the theatrical and of course BD release of the third film will be post-P5.

Hrm, I can easily see the theatrical release for the third one coming just before P5, like October or November or something.

Depends how they'll probably want to market P5 probably. Then again, with all they're doing now, the name "Persona" is probably going to be more in the public than ever before, right before they release a new game in the series, which is probably what they wanted to begin with. :p

Squire

Banned
Hrm, I can easily see the theatrical release for the third one coming just before P5, like October or November or something.

Depends how they'll probably want to market P5 probably. Then again, with all they're doing now, the name "Persona" is probably going to be more in the public than ever before, right before they release a new game in the series, which is probably what they wanted to begin with. :p

Well as suggested, I think they're filling the gaps with merchandise and a few somewhat unnecessary productions for just that reason.

Not everyone is happy, but the truth is Atlus is playing the game and playing it well, so far. They're setting up P5 to do bang-up numbers off faith alone.

Sophia

You'd think they would want Persona 3 and 4 wrapped up for good before 5 hits

They want to keep people interested because it makes people hyped for future installments Wrapping it up is the opposite of doing that. :p

Remember how there was dead silence during the six year gap between Persona 2 and Persona 3? Atlus has made it clear they do not want a repeat of that, and neither do the fans.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, might be more my hope than anything, but I do think the window for a remake is rapidly closing. I think there's a good chance the third movie will be out before the end of this year, and I don't think that theatrical home releases would be big enough to serve as a promotional tool for a remake. We'll see.

They want to keep people interested because it makes people hyped for future installments Wrapping it up is the opposite of doing that. :p

Remember how there was dead silence during the six year gap between Persona 2 and Persona 3? Atlus has made it clear they do not want a repeat of that, and neither do the fans.

Let's hope they don't do this bullshit again with SMT. Nocturne Vita port and SMT 2 3DS remake please.

Nah. It'll probably do great out of the gate, but an unknown quantity is still just that. They can't bet the farm on it, not entirely.
I'd be pretty worried if I was Atlus if P5 didn't catch on like P3 and P3 did. They can't keep milking those two teats forever, and they have to know this.

Im still beasting through P3 FES. Chidori is currently being held in hospital with Junpei at her side.

Yukari is slowly becoming my favorite character in the game. :)

Squire

Banned
Every character will be designed to be the perfect waifu/husbando.

This is actually what I meant, to be as specific as possible. These are probably going to be Soejima's most appealing designs yet.

I don't mean to suggest they're manufacturing the game, but I'm sure they'd like to move some merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom