• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFX-2 in my experience is a very polarizing game. Those that like it tend to really like it, and those that dislike it tend to really dislike it.

Squire

Banned
I take it you're a fan of X-2? Not familiar with FF at all but don't most people shit on the game?

Self-serious dweebs do. Don't look now!

Oh, that. That's a lot weaker than Corvo made it out.

And Final Fantasy X-2 is my kryptonite.

It's goofy as all hell, but it's really fun and really well designed. Playing the HD remaster lately and I'm loving it more than ever before. I think most people could like it, too. Respect to legitimate gripes, a lot of it is just people needing to loosen up some.

Lunar15

I would think that landing head first on another person's face would probably kill you. Probably.

But this is also a game where they are clearly shrunken and Teddie is flattened by a key, so yeah, sure let's just go for whatever.

I would think that landing head first on another person's face would probably kill you. Probably.

But this is also a game where they are clearly shrunken and Teddie is flattened by a key, so yeah, sure let's just go for whatever.

Whoa are you telling me video games aren't like real life

tumblr_n50srnPvxg1s5ix73o1_500.png
snrk
Hey girl how you doin
smed pls control yourself

When I was young, I thought FFX-2 was stupid, now that I am older, I see it as a ballsy, inspired take on an RPG sequel. When you think of a sequel to an RPG, you think they try to go bigger, better, darker. FFX-2 forsook that. What if, the future from a saved world, was happy and much brighter, much more colorful and full of song and comedy and stuff? What if we made an RPG about the world recovering instead of it getting even worse like most JRPG sequels? I rather respect FFX-2 for this interesting take...even if it does some dumb stuff along the way.

If P4-2 was Charlies Angels like FFX-2, who would be Bosley?

Dantis

I thought about quitting after the cut scene as well. Cool battle system but nah, definitely not my thing.

I was playing through Persona 3 and Nocturne at the time, and basically thought "Why would I play this shit over these two games that I really, really like?".

I have the HD Collection for Vita now though, so if I ever get around to finishing FFX (Which really isn't very long), then I'll give it another go.

Acid08

Banned
I'm almost done with X on the Vita and am really looking forward to getting to X-2 after I play 999. Loved X-2 when it came out, game is such a blast.

CorvoSol

I don't recall one, is it in either of their stories? Because I've beaten both of those.

Their whole fight, but mostly I'm talkin' bout

This scene here. Least it felt like a tease to me.

Oh, that. That's a lot weaker than Corvo made it out.

And Final Fantasy X-2 is my kryptonite.

I said tease dammit. I did not say "there is a moment where they all but say that Yosuke and Chie want to fuck each other's brains out."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fayth: hey do you want Tidus back?
Yuna: sure
Fayth: okay here you go

goddammit

Yuna: Why didn't you just give him back before if that was within your power
Fayth: We don't think you did enough for us.
Yuna: I ended a 1000 year cycle of your kind being held in a perpetual dream
Fayth: okay you got me. we're assholes

Jonnax

Yuna: Why didn't you just give him back before if that was within your power
Fayth: We don't think you did enough for us.
Yuna: I ended a 1000 year cycle of your kind being held in a perpetual dream
Fayth: okay you got me. we're assholes

There's a Final Fantasy X-3 story that got released at the time of the HD collection which goes on to explain that Tidus never ages, has a childlike mind and gets blown up.

There's a Final Fantasy X-3 story that got released at the time of the HD collection which goes on to explain that Tidus never ages, has a childlike mind and gets blown up.

But if I'm not mistaken
he comes back again but this time as a bit of a doucheface and him and yuna argue a lot.
It's a stellar sequel,
kappa

Also, P4G challenge run update!
Thanks to Mdesilva for suggesting "slime and only slime" for the first dungeon. The physical resistance and red wall really helped in the sub boss and boss fights.

New game ++ on very hard seems like it may be a challenge later on especially with the lowered exp, lowered damage given and higher damage taken, but for now since I bought the weapons and armor from my previous game, it's not too bad.

So, one dungeon down, onto the next. But which personae should I use this time? I'll let you guys decide again, but this time it has to have a starting level between 10 and 20, otherwise I can imagine getting to the final dungeon and someone suggesting pixie :)

Meia

Does that happen in P4A? I've played through Yu, Yosuke, Kanji and Yukiko, but put the game on the back burner because of how similar the stories were.

Nah, it's in the manga only. Both the P4 and P4A mangas have stuff in them that doesn't necessarily happen in the games, and usually for the better. In the case of the manga, if they ever finish it, we may have a "canon" route through the story since it's told through the perspective of "Whoever you pick wins", made worse when some important things happen in some and not others.

Dantis

I've literally only just realised that there's no canonical route in Arena because whoever they choose to win the tournament is going to A) Not make sense unless it's Akihiko and B) Upset a lot of fans.

The latter one particularly.

Venfayth

Challenge runs are a lot of fun. Try p4 (vanilla preferably) solo only. Before you can remove people from your party, you must kill them in battle before doing any fights.

I did a p3p solo run, it was a lot of fun. The challenge of the game changes a lot. Certain fights and enemies become a lot easier and others much harder, often in unexpected ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom