• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to go out right now, but I wanted to leave you with a work in progress of how the seinfeld persona parody is going:
seinfeldwipp2il2.png

Dantis

I've got to go out right now, but I wanted to leave you with a work in progress of how the seinfeld persona parody is going:
seinfeldwipp2il2.png

Ah, see, this is the opposite direction to what I was thinking.

I was thinking a small comic strip where I'd take a scene from Seinfeld and recreate with a Persona twist.

Guess Who

Banned
What is the deal with Black Frost? These Atlus character designers are just like, you know guys, we need another demon over here, what are we gonna do? Let's make Jack Frost, but black. Oh, okay. You can't just do that! This is breaking all the rules!

What is the deal with Black Frost? These Atlus character designers are just like, you know guys, we need another demon over here, what are we gonna do? Let's make Jack Frost, but black. Oh, okay. You can't just do that! This is breaking all the rules!

Black Frost is way bigger though! And he casts Bufu AND Agi. Totally different.

Daimaou

His origin is in Nocturne. He just proved popular enough to make appearances in future games.

Edit: This was probably another Seinfeld joke, thinking about it for more than 5 seconds.

Nachos

I think that part of it was that he was basically just a one-off demon, like the v other Mara in Nocturne, but he just stuck. For all I know, they just wanted to make stuff based off of puns, like Wario. Black Frost's name in Japanese is basically "Evil Frost." The thing is, that specific word for Evil sounds just like how a Japanese person would pronounce Jack. So, Jack Frost is Jakku Furosuto, while Black Frost is Jaaku Furosuto.

I guess I didn't make that quite Seinfeld-y enough
Gah, I feel dumb.

"I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems."

Nachos

We can't because there's no more demon nnegotiation

Yeah, well I might be interested in his feelings, but he's got another think coming if he thinks he can eat life stones on the couch all day. It was bad enough when he was using up all the macca.

What would Shadow Jerry be like

It's just a DVD copy of Bee Movie.

He'd be an introverted hermit who hates social interaction and is massive, unapologetic jerk to everyone.

Oh, and he'd only talk in The Voice.

Mmmm, interesting. I think you guys are into something good, maybe I try doing shadow versions.

Ah, see, this is the opposite direction to what I was thinking.

I was thinking a small comic strip where I'd take a scene from Seinfeld and recreate with a Persona twist.

Thats a great idea and I can't wait to see it if you decide to make it!

I got it the first time lol

CorvoSol

Still waiting for Lisa and Tatsuya in Persona 2: Dancing All Night

Isn't the cast of P2 like, in their mid thirties by this point? If P1 is 96 and P4A is what, '12, then they must have like, jobs and shit now.

Any guesses as to when P5 is going to take place? 2020ish?

Lunar15

The funny thing is that it was set in 2012 but everyone was using flip phones. That's how fast technology moves, folks.

Nachos

Isn't the cast of P2 like, in their mid thirties by this point? If P1 is 96 and P4A is what, '12, then they must have like, jobs and shit now.

Any guesses as to when P5 is going to take place? 2020ish?
Considering both P3 and P4 took place about three years ahead of when they released, I'd expect P5 to do something similar. I just don't see them going beyond a few years, just to keep things more grounded.

Mr. RHC

Progress!
Mitsuru
joined my party in Persona 3!

I really enjoy the writing so far, pretty consistent for a game with this pace. As the game advanced and more social links pop up, the story really became engulfing. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

So guys, I need some help. I showed the drawing to a friend and he told me that he didn't look too much like Seinfeld because his chin was too small.
I decided to try a longer one.
Which one do you prefer:
seinfeldwip2tnczq.png

Is Nocturne worth playing? I somewhat enjoyed SMT IV, but was turned off by the laziness of the world map (moving a spinning cursor around). I'm guessing that was just because of the limitations of the 3DS but still.

Lunar15

Is Nocturne worth playing? I somewhat enjoyed SMT IV, but was turned off by the laziness of the world map (moving a spinning cursor around). I'm guessing that was just because of the limitations of the 3DS but still.

That's exactly how the world map is in Nocturne, at least, the moving the spinning cursor around thing. Map layout was better in Nocturne though, if I remember correctly.

Heck, Persona is even worse: you just pick from a list, basically. Atlus is cheap as fuck.

You are insulting pointerman, a Megaten staple, I shall not stand for this! Pistols at dawn.

CorvoSol

You know, that part of SMT4 was not what I found disappointing in terms of gameplay. Considering the beginning of the game had me thinking I'd stumbled backward in time to like, some ancient RPG where you clicked an area to go there, I was pretty okay with that.

What disappointed me was two main things: 1) nobody but main guy had a character model. Everything was sprites. Which, I mean, at least they were pretty good sprites and I can live with that, but was unexpected and a let down and 2) the completely random and arbitrary way some characters would get full portraits while others never did. Or rather, "Corvo was butthurt that Nozomi never got her own official artwork."

I had other complaints with the game at the time, but some of them I have reconsidered and others I've realized I was just not quite expecting. Like I didn't really enjoy the talking avatars at the time, but now I'm pretty okay with it because I've come to realize that 1) it's better than FE:A's one or two voiced lines way of doing it and 2) that's how P3 and P4 do it and I don't mind it there.

I think part of the problem and much of the whining I did during SMT4 was on account of I'd never played an SMT game before and I went into it blind. I expect that when I play it again in the future, I will enjoy it a great deal more. Nothing can be done about the fact that Jonathon and Walter are douchenozzles, but if I tell myself they're meant to be ones like Argath in FFT, I'll be at peace with that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom