• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Here's some casual bakers talking about anime:

(click image for episode link)

Guess Who was on this one for the first time, yet another natural at podcasting.

Sophia

Curiosity: Could anyone here name all of these core P Studio staff members?

Had to look up the name of one of them myself. I'm going to try to learn more about the people behind the studio.

The top two are obvious to me, at least:
Hashino and Soejima. The former has the same facial expression in every image it seems, the latter has his computer with art loaded up.

pan-hime

Curiosity: Could anyone here name all of these core P Studio staff members?

Had to look up the name of one of them myself. I'm going to try to learn more about the people behind the studio.

top left: Katusra Hashino
top right: Shigenori Soejima
bottom left: Hirokazu To(h)yama
bottom right: Kazuhisa Wada

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
10313725_378822022256866_7214285048947566119_n.jpg

So the P4A manga is totally over, and Yosuke's the one that saves Labrys? Cause that would be awesome. :D
Not only him, but Aigis too! (I would post a picture of it but I don't want to get banned)
The manga totally chose the best route. I wonder which route will P4AU follow or if it's not going to be specified at all.

CorvoSol

CGQ96ef.jpg

One is forgotten, the other is non-canon, WHO WILL SURVIVE

Maya cries because she has to kill fucking DEMONS. You think she could pull the trigger on a girl younger than her? C'mon. This isn't Marvel. Clearly the two of them will make themselves canon through their overwhelming positive thinking patterns.

Nachos

Maya cries because she has to kill fucking DEMONS. You think she could pull the trigger on a girl younger than her? C'mon. This isn't Marvel. Clearly the two of them will make themselves canon through their overwhelming positive thinking patterns.

Maybe then Clara can give Maya some actual fashion tips.

Guess Who

Banned

Guess Who was on this one for the first time, yet another natural at podcasting.

I had a ton of fun with you guys, would love to be on again sometime. (Especially if you ever manage to get Troy Baker on there, in which case I demand to join.)

CorvoSol

Personal 2 Ignorant Cinnamon

1. Junpei may be Da Man, but Eikichi is The Boss. Fucking kicked Mr. Student Council President in the ass for dragging us all over Cuss High.
I really enjoyed that feeling of "OH MY GOD NOT ANOTHER FUCKING WALKIE TALKIE" only for Tatsuya to turn around and find the guy.

2. Playing these old games really clears up my concerns about how it is that the Kirijo group could study Shadows and mass produce Personas and how the government could know about Personas. I'd assumed that it was just
Adachi
blabbing about it in prison, but that SEBEC business would be hard to cover up and now we're finding out that Sumaru City is pretty much crawling with Persona Users.
Hanya had one, Student Council Pres. of Cuss had one, the kid called Leader had one, too, I think?
Personas all over the place.

3. Thank you, Maya, for not bringing up that you had some weird power rangers cosplayers for stalkers. We may have reconsidered your admission to the party had we known this beforehand. In all seriousness, though, I like pairing the Zodiac with the Tarot. There's some weird sort of, I dunno, sense? to that.

4. While I'm still not really considering it fun in the same way P3 and P4 were, and I still feel like IS is kinda clunkier than P1, I do have battles worked out to the point where they're relatively painless now. I did turn battle animations on for the boss fight, though, because it'd be sort of a shame to skip seeing these Persona designs.

5. I confess Maya's theme is pretty nifty.

LX_Theo

Banned
Personal 2 Ignorant Cinnamon

1. Junpei may be Da Man, but Eikichi is The Boss. Fucking kicked Mr. Student Council President in the ass for dragging us all over Cuss High.
I really enjoyed that feeling of "OH MY GOD NOT ANOTHER FUCKING WALKIE TALKIE" only for Tatsuya to turn around and find the guy.

2. Playing these old games really clears up my concerns about how it is that the Kirijo group could study Shadows and mass produce Personas and how the government could know about Personas. I'd assumed that it was just
Adachi
blabbing about it in prison, but that SEBEC business would be hard to cover up and now we're finding out that Sumaru City is pretty much crawling with Persona Users.
Hanya had one, Student Council Pres. of Cuss had one, the kid called Leader had one, too, I think?
Personas all over the place.

3. Thank you, Maya, for not bringing up that you had some weird power rangers cosplayers for stalkers. We may have reconsidered your admission to the party had we known this beforehand. In all seriousness, though, I like pairing the Zodiac with the Tarot. There's some weird sort of, I dunno, sense? to that.

4. While I'm still not really considering it fun in the same way P3 and P4 were, and I still feel like IS is kinda clunkier than P1, I do have battles worked out to the point where they're relatively painless now. I did turn battle animations on for the boss fight, though, because it'd be sort of a shame to skip seeing these Persona designs.

5. I confess Maya's theme is pretty nifty.

I am wondering, are you playing the PS1 or PSP version of Innocent Sin?

Chrono Trigger, as ahead of the game as ever, I see.

You guys gotta let me on the podcast sometime. Especially if it's a fan-fiction episode, I fucking died laughing at episode 31.

Dantis

The top two are obvious to me, at least:
Hashino and Soejima. The former has the same facial expression in every image it seems, the latter has his computer with art loaded up.

Soejima, Meguro and Hashino are the only P Studio members I feel like I'd recognise in an out of context photo.

Sophia

Soejima, Meguro and Hashino are the only P Studio members I feel like I'd recognise in an out of context photo.

I actually vaguely recognized Kazuhisa Wada, but I couldn't remember his full name or put it to picture until Pan mentioned it.

Wada's a pretty big influence in how the games are designed, as he was chief designer on Persona 3 and Persona 4, and an event designer on Nocturne and the two Digital Devil Saga. A lot of the little touches are his specialty.

Thanks for that L and slink crew. It ended so fast, but it was a ton of fun.

Yep, us UK/Europeans have it tough when it comes to ATLUS. Love them to bits though. As long as Zen United and Nintendo stay away from their ips, then hopefully we should be ok from here onward.

Lemstar

For people planning on buying Nocturne when it comes out, I can get you a gameshare for as low as $1.50.

Alternatively, if you'd rather buy it yourself, I have $10 PSN codes for $9.

Mdesilva

For people planning on buying Nocturne when it comes out, I can get you a gameshare for as low as $1.50.

Alternatively, if you'd rather buy it yourself, I have $10 PSN codes for $9.
If I can find a way to pay you (we already talked about how Paypal was not easy for me) then I'm in. Idk if there's anything you'd accept though, because I sure can't think of anything :(

Nocturne is cool, glad it ended up being the game. Hopefully DDS 1/2 are still on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom