• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Today's video is....our lovely Mitsuru.
3ILmiaH.png

tumblr_m41csegX721r8u6e9.gif

Yaahhh, I finished P3 :)

I just finished P3 FES for the first time. What an amazing experience. I was originally #teamyukari all the way, but Aigis has quickly shot up to become one of my favorites. They really developed her character towards the end of the game and in The Answer.

My only complaint in P3 is the pacing. I spent a good amount of time running around town waiting for events to happen, and countless hours grinding in that damn Tartarus. I also wish that you could socal link your teammates alot sooner in the earlier phases. Then again, I guess that takes away from the idea that you're initially strangers, and overtime you develop a very close and meaningful friendship. Other minor complaints include the
Nyx
battle. Good lord that took forever. Also the
chairman.
That was one of the dumbess and most predictable "heel" turns that i have ever witnessed.
I actually thought he was evil within the first 30 minutes of playing the game :p

It's interesting how much I like the P3 cast. I originally despised Mitsuru prior to playing P3, and promised that i would never give her the time of day in the RPG. This bezar attitude came from me playing P4 Arena for countless hours and falling victim to her broken ass combo's and general unbalancing. After playing P3 however, she's pretty cool :) I think i actually prefer her more than Naoto. (I never did Naoto's Slink, so that may be why).

Junpei is obviously a favorite just for being awesome. But id say i view him on a similar level as Akihiko. Prior to playing P3, I thought Aki was just some rough, hot headed boxer (my assumption from playing P4A and observing his design). But after playing P3, he's really a mature and leveled headed character. Ken and Koro are also cool. I don't really see why Ken is super hated in general though, he doesn't really have any relevance. He's just there.....

Fuuka's story at the start of the game and middle portion were brilliant. However towards the end, and especially in The Answer, she was only useful for saying one of the characters names during emotional scenes. I also read that a good majority of people hate Yukari due to her
attitude in The Answer.
Personally, i think she was justified in her thinking, and certainly redeemed herself. She's still one of my favorites, right next Aigis.

The social links were also brilliant. I actually enjoyed all of them. I loved story with Kaz, Chihiro, Maya and the rest of your team mates. My only regret was that i never finished the "Sun" social link. Dammit, that was getting really interesting. i also stayed away from Kenji like the plague. :)

Overall, I can still see why people love this game. I still think its inferior to P4 though. It would be kool if we could swap Yosuke with Junpei and get Aigis in P4 somehow. I guess my only remaining questions are, what the hell happened to
Takaya
? Im sure he's still alive. Also,
the Makoto seal
. Is that seal in P3 the very same
seal as the stage
in Ultimax? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHlTFX0TsY). If so,
Makoto
MUST be in the upcoming game, playable character or not.

Soz for the long post guys....... Oh yeah, Atlus, put
Metis
aka risebot in Ultimax :)

P3 is a great game.

(Editing Aigis pic)

Levito

Banned
I have no idea how these things work.

Basically it'd be a marathon where we'd play Persona games the entire time. The purpose isn't to finish the games, it's to have a fun time with the viewers, share our love for the series, have discussion, and help raise money for charity all during the whole thing.

If enough of you are willing to help with the actual streaming part, we can start putting this together.

I could probably even get Erin and maybe some other guests on the stream well ahead of time! Last year DC Douglas(voice of Albert Wesker in Resident Evil) came on our RE livestream and it was the most amazing time. He was so good with helping with the actual funds raised, people were asking for him to say various lines in Wesker's voice, and he agreed to do them *only* if people donated to the charity. We raised an extra $200 in only like 20 mins because of that. hahaha

This is a great idea-- I'd be willing to offer my services as designer/streamer/whatever is needed!

Fook yeah mate! :D

Mdesilva

The Extra Life thing sounds awesome! You could totally stream stuff from all the games! You could even stream Ultimax (since it'd be out by then) and see if you could get top players to play on stream!

Or have just have a lobby where you guys do stuff. Or whatever!

I really didn't like most of the characters in P3P, I only like Fuuka, Aigis, Shinjiro and the Hermit social link girl whose name I always forget ( Saori or something).

Dantis

So I just noticed something vaguely interesting on the P4D trailer: The top name is Hashino, and the second down is Yosuke Uda, who is a member of the Persona team who also did some small amount of work on P3's OST.

This leads to me wonder if Meguro's work on P4D will be pretty minimal. I wouldn't be surprised if he was almost entirely hands off with its production.

Also, I forgot how stylish the trailer was.

Basically it'd be a marathon where we'd play Persona games the entire time. The purpose isn't to finish the games, it's to have a fun time with the viewers, share our love for the series, have discussion, and help raise money for charity all during the whole thing.

If enough of you are willing to help with the actual streaming part, we can start putting this together.

I could probably even get Erin and maybe some other guests on the stream well ahead of time! Last year DC Douglas(voice of Albert Wesker in Resident Evil) came on our RE livestream and it was the most amazing time. He was so good with helping with the actual funds raised, people were asking for him to say various lines in Wesker's voice, and he agreed to do them *only* if people donated to the charity. We raised an extra $200 in only like 20 mins because of that. hahaha

Fook yeah mate! :D
This is a really cool idea. I don't know if you guys would need any art, but I'd be happy to draw something if you did.

Also, not surprised about DC Douglas. He always seems like a super cool guy.

I really didn't like most of the characters in P3P, I only like Fuuka, Aigis, Shinjiro and the Hermit social link girl whose name I always forget ( Saori or something).

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Levito

Banned
Yeah Ultimax matches sounds like a good idea!

Extra Life sounds like a a good avenue--I haven't worked with them but it seems about the same as Child's Play. Their game day isn't till October 25th, and goes for 24 hours starting at 8AM. Their promotional video is also pretty heartfelt.

Anyway, yeah so how about everyone that's interested in doing the actual streaming bit toss me a PM and we can get the ball rolling. Or if you want to help contribute in *any* way do the same, we could really do something special here!

This is a really cool idea. I don't know if you guys would need any art, but I'd be happy to draw something if you did.

Will definitely take you up on that dude, thank you! :D

FluxWaveZ

During last year's Obon 2013 holiday (August 13-15), the P3 stage play was announced, Hashino teased upcoming Persona announcements and a P4A sequel was announced. Atlus will be having the largest delay between event days in their ongoing P4AU tour schedule next week.

P3P was announced in August 2009. Catherine was announced in August 2010. Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena were announced in August 2011 (along with the most Persona 5 info we have had until this point that month).

Do you know what this means!?
Nothing... it means nothing.

Rhapsody

Banned
This leads to me wonder if Meguro's work on P4D will be pretty minimal. I wouldn't be surprised if he was almost entirely hands off with its production.
I wouldn't be surprised either. Even though I love Meguro, it's probably best for him to concentrate on P5 than get involved with a spinoff too much (music game or not).

Hey I remembered you a few posts after that. :p
250px-Nemesis.png

I still dislike PQ every time i see it.
Dave don't do this to me
Dat Mitsuru in the intro
So I've been kicking around this idea for a little while now, and thought it might be time to throw this out there to see what y'all think:

Would any of you interested in doing a Persona themed charity livetream event? Last October on RelyOnHorror we did one for the Resident Evil series where over the course of 3 days, we played through the majority of the series. In the end we raised $1200 for Child's Play, it was a reeeally fun and amazing experience.

It would take a bit of time to organize, but it could be a lot of fun.
That would be pretty cool.

Guess Who

Banned
So I've been kicking around this idea for a little while now, and thought it might be time to throw this out there to see what y'all think:

Would any of you interested in doing a Persona themed charity livetream event? Last October on RelyOnHorror we did one for the Resident Evil series where over the course of 3 days, we played through the majority of the series. In the end we raised $1200 for Child's Play, it was a reeeally fun and amazing experience.

I would be super down.

Gazoinks

I wouldn't be able to participate, but it's something I'd love to watch. Sounds like an awesome idea.

Great idea, man!

todd360

Heads up personagaf. The persona art books are on sale right now on rightstuf.com

The persona 3 artbook isn't expected to be restocked until October though lol.

Tamanon

Banned
Has anyone watched the episode yet? I'm still in lectures lol. Better than last week or not really?

I thought it was okay. It did some stuff with the concert differently, and had a few nice references. The concert itself and the events after it were better than the prep IMO. Next episode looks like it'll be great.

Also, I'm starting to warm up to this Teddie with his comic seriousness.

Swedesu

I thought it was okay. It did some stuff with the concert differently, and had a few nice references. The concert itself and the events after it were better than the prep IMO. Next episode looks like it'll be great.

Also, I'm starting to warm up to this Teddie with his comic seriousness.

Definitely. His spiel about glasses is the best part of the anime so far.

I just finished P3 FES for the first time. What an amazing experience. I was originally #teamyukari all the way, but Aigis has quickly shot up to become one of my favorites. They really developed her character towards the end of the game and in The Answer.

My only complaint in P3 is the pacing. I spent a good amount of time running around town waiting for events to happen, and countless hours grinding in that damn Tartarus. I also wish that you could socal link your teammates alot sooner in the earlier phases. Then again, I guess that takes away from the idea that you're initially strangers, and overtime you develop a very close and meaningful friendship. Other minor complaints include the
Nyx
battle. Good lord that took forever. Also the
chairman.
That was one of the dumbess and most predictable "heel" turns that i have ever witnessed.
I actually thought he was evil within the first 30 minutes of playing the game :p

It's interesting how much I like the P3 cast. I originally despised Mitsuru prior to playing P3, and promised that i would never give her the time of day in the RPG. This bezar attitude came from me playing P4 Arena for countless hours and falling victim to her broken ass combo's and general unbalancing. After playing P3 however, she's pretty cool :) I think i actually prefer her more than Naoto. (I never did Naoto's Slink, so that may be why).

Junpei is obviously a favorite just for being awesome. But id say i view him on a similar level as Akihiko. Prior to playing P3, I thought Aki was just some rough, hot headed boxer (my assumption from playing P4A and observing his design). But after playing P3, he's really a mature and leveled headed character. Ken and Koro are also cool. I don't really see why Ken is super hated in general though, he doesn't really have any relevance. He's just there.....

Fuuka's story at the start of the game and middle portion were brilliant. However towards the end, and especially in The Answer, she was only useful for saying one of the characters names during emotional scenes. I also read that a good majority of people hate Yukari due to her
attitude in The Answer.
Personally, i think she was justified in her thinking, and certainly redeemed herself. She's still one of my favorites, right next Aigis.

The social links were also brilliant. I actually enjoyed all of them. I loved story with Kaz, Chihiro, Maya and the rest of your team mates. My only regret was that i never finished the "Sun" social link. Dammit, that was getting really interesting. i also stayed away from Kenji like the plague. :)

Overall, I can still see why people love this game. I still think its inferior to P4 though. It would be kool if we could swap Yosuke with Junpei and get Aigis in P4 somehow. I guess my only remaining questions are, what the hell happened to
Takaya
? Im sure he's still alive. Also,
the Makoto seal
. Is that seal in P3 the very same
seal as the stage
in Ultimax? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHlTFX0TsY). If so,
Makoto
MUST be in the upcoming game, playable character or not.

Soz for the long post guys....... Oh yeah, Atlus, put
Metis

P3 is a great game.

(Editing Aigis pic)

It does look similar to the seal, maybe it's a hint or maybe it's not. We just have to wait till the game comes out unfortunately.

Great job in finishing the game and nice impressions too. Though for me I like the P3 cast better than P4 cast.

PK Gaming

P4GA 5

L1tEwbF.png

P4GA proves yet again that it's the secret best comedy anime of the year. Forget all about Sabagebu! or Nozaki-kun. P4GA is true comedic genius.

But before I get into why this episode was so great, i'd like to clear something up. Marie is actually the greatest person ever. Seriously. Not only can she play the guitar well (despite probably not knowing what a guitar is) she can sing well and effortlessly recite lyrics from memory. This comes into the play when the writers contrive a situation in which Rise can't leave her house. Oh no! I was worried, since everyone besides Marie is too damn incompetent to do anything. But it's ok, because Marie can cover Rise's position AND play the guitar well. She's truly, one of the coolest and most competent (not to mention beautiful) people in the world.

Anyway, this episode was rather funny! There were a lot of great comedic scenes, my favorite being this one:

0t9W1zr.gif

The scooby doo chase sequence was novel, but enjoyable, as it served the dual purpose of being comedic and somewhat poignant at the same time. "Rise's" desire to draw away the stalkers was incredibly touching. I actually started to tear up... Suffice it to say, the anime does an incredibly good job at blending comedy and drama together. Definitely a contender for comedic anime of the year.

Disclaimer: I'm still salty because of Aigis
Congrats!....

.....Don't ruin the moment.
I also read that a good majority of people hate Yukari due to her
attitude in The Answer.
Personally, i think she was justified in her thinking, and certainly redeemed herself.
The Answer made Yukari better. :p
She's still one of my favorites, right next Aigis.
hmmmm
My only regret was that i never finished the "Sun" social link. Dammit, that was getting really interesting.
Duuuuude you totally need to load a previous save life and try to end it.
It would be kool if we could swap Yosuke with Junpei and get Aigis in P4 somehow.
Ew gross. Taking out my favorite character and putting in my least favorite character. Worst decision ever, rethink about that!
I guess my only remaining questions are, what the hell happened to
Takaya
? Im sure he's still alive.
We don't know, since we don't get to see what happens to him and he isn't mentioned after that. However, people assume that one way or another he eventually dies because of the pills/drugs.
Oh yeah, Atlus, put
Metis
But everyone hates her :p
(Editing Aigis pic)
hmmm

LX_Theo

Banned
I will say, seeing the P4D Kanamin art used for a poster of her was quite humorous.
Not by Dantis.

I really, really, really dislike Adachi. Unlike most things, this came before Golden. I hated him in the original game too.

I have a feeling you'll fall into the minority opinion there.

Congrats, Lulu!

It does look similar to the seal, maybe it's a hint or maybe it's not. We just have to wait till the game comes out unfortunately.

Great job in finishing the game and nice impressions too. Though for me I like the P3 cast better than P4 cast.

Thanks guys. It's a tough call. Both games have very strong characters. I cant see that background seal
not being Makoto
. Only time will tell.

Duuuuude you totally need to load a previous save life and try to end it.

But everyone hates her :p

I definitely plan on finishing the sun social link. If not by replaying, then i'll probably youtube it.

Not by Dantis.

I really, really, really dislike Adachi. Unlike most things, this came before Golden. I hated him in the original game too.

Howdareyou.gif

On a more serious note, who do you actually like in the Persona series? I could probably guess most peoples favorites, but ive only ever seen you show an interest in Naoto. Who's you top 3? (Both P3 and P4 included)

Sophia

Adding Marie to the band scene? Okay make sense. The Golden anime has a lot of expansions like that.

Having Marie play backup vocals? Um, sure. Might as well make the best use of Kana Hanazawa while you have her...

Having Marie sing the entire song on her own once? No.... just... no.... ;_;

LX_Theo

Banned
Adding Marie to the band scene? Okay make sense. The Golden anime has a lot of expansions like that.

Having Marie play backup vocals? Um, sure. Might as well make the best use of Kana Hanazawa while you have her...

It was worth it for the Kou and Daisuke inclusion.

Dantis

I don't understand how anyone can like Adachi. He has no likeable qualities whatsoever, a really ugly design, an irritating voice...

On a more serious note, who do you actually like in the Persona series? I could probably guess most peoples favorites, but ive only ever seen you show an interest in Naoto. Who's you top 3? (Both P3 and P4 included)

Yukari, Junpei and Yosuke, probably. I like all of P4's cast to some degree, though I find Yukiko horrendously boring.

Dugna

ehh...yeahh...I didn't mind marie at all before any of this but for the love of, WHY? That thing was Rise's song >.<

Meia

She really truly is someone's fanfiction self-insert in this. The only thing we're missing now is her secretly being a cutter.

We wanted her in more things throughout the story, not just the comedic stuff. Even then, she shouldn't be the star in it. The worst thing anyone can do with this fanfiction shit is to make an insert brighter by making a person of the main cast worse. How the fuck is something officially released making this mistake?

There was something off about today's episode. It had nothing to do with Marie specifically but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the direction? It didn't feel like Persona 4 to me.

Top Bottom