• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Were you even in there? :p

The only absurd comments I made were "What." and a joke about not having a heart yet still having a heart attack.

Yes, of course I was in there...

Shifty_eyes.gif

EDIT: Top of the new page deserves some Junpei art:

tumblr_mzb1p8twH51snh5ooo1_500.png

tumblr_mzb1p8twH51snh5ooo2_500.png

tumblr_mzb1p8twH51snh5ooo3_500.png

Sauce

Sophia

Yes, of course I was in there...

Funny how I don't see your name anywhere.... ;)

11:46:59: <PrincessSophia> Persona Q does look genuinely fun.
11:47:07: <PrincessSophia> But that dancing game.
11:47:07: <PrincessSophia> What.
11:47:54: <PrincessSophia> That said, I loved the tease for Persona 5.
11:47:57: <PrincessSophia> Very Persona 2-ish vibes.

LET IT BE KNOWN. :|

Wow, I never knew PGAF hated 3DS that much back then lol Even before the actual game was revealed they already hated it, haha. I wish I joined it back then. Also, props to Sophia for being the only PQ supporter from the beginning.

<EMT0> 'We know our fanbase' my ass
<FriendlyDave> fuck 3DS
<FluxWaveZ> This... this can't be how it happens
<PKGaming> This looks like a fake anime trailer
<BuddhaWITHPOWER> this is bad
<mib_ek6zfe> please be fake
<Solivagant> wtf is this shit
<Omi> fucking 3DS
<Levito> This is the worst
<frozenprince> Fuck this.
<PKGaming> They couldn't make a proper P5
<Solivagant> fucking persona Q
<BuddhaWITHPOWER> persona is over
<frozenprince> Okay Atlus, you raped the franchise. You had your fun.
<mib_ek6zfe> could this game possibly look any worse?
<Levito> This looks fucking awful
<BuddhaWITHPOWER> now THIS is serious milking
<frozenprince> This looks like literally the worst thing ever.
<PKGaming> This must be how Dantis feels like, when he plays P4A
<th> ruining the franchise good job
<FluxWaveZ> I feel that there were two directions that the series could go in... and it might have taken the wrong path
<PKGaming> It feels like they couldn't make P5 and cheaped out with P3/p4
<bruce> first persona, with chibi art, yep thats 3DS power for you.
<Levito> Can Atlus fuck off into space now?
<PKGaming> 1. Never waking up this early for an announcement again
<Lemming> IT'S OK GUYS WE'RE GETTING A VITA GAME
<bruce> 3DS persona lol
<PKGaming> they are obsessed with P4
<CrazyTank940> I thought the 3DS game was shitty
<PKGaming> because he couldn't handle the milking
<PKGaming> Welp time to move on to a new franchise
<Omi> I'm melting down because it's a 3DS game
<PKGaming> and not even a good 3DS game
<Omi> I'm still pretty salty about Persona Q
<Omi> still, fuck 3DS
<Justine> [05:55:10] <darkside156> they made a persona chibi game
<Justine> [05:55:14] <darkside156> on the system where it belongs
<Justine> [05:55:16] <darkside156> for little kids
<BuddhaWITHPOWER> The call of Kythulhu &#8207;@Levit0 49s How many port beggars destroyed Persona 5 threads on GAF repeatedly for over a year now? Well, enjoy your Chibi game. Reply Retweet Favorite Collapse

*hours later*
<BuddhaWITHPOWER> it will be good then, their game is solid

*hours later*
<CrazyTank940> the 3DS game looks decent

also
<Lemming> i like how all you clowns were ready to riot 5 minutes ago
<PKGaming> she [Kanamin] has nice boobs
<CrazyTank940> she does

LX_Theo

Banned
Wow, I never knew PGAF hated 3DS that much back then lol Even before the actual was revealed they already hated it, haha. I wish I joined it back then. Also, props to Sophia for being the only PQ supporter from the beginning.

I think it was heavily related to that Persona game that was sort of announced for 3DS forever ago (ended up being PQ) and people were scared it would end up being Persona 5.

Wow, I never knew PGAF hated 3DS that much back then lol Even before the actual game was revealed they already hated it, haha. I wish I joined it back then. Also, props to Sophia for being the only PQ supporter from the beginning.

*hours later*
<BuddhaWITHPOWER> it will be good then, their game is solid

*hours later*
<CrazyTank940> the 3DS game looks decent

also
<Lemming> i like how all you clowns were ready to riot 5 minutes ago
<PKGaming> she [Kanamin] has nice boobs
<CrazyTank940> she does

lol at the boob talk.

Style

Banned

Dave and Omi are both from the United Kingdom. I'm pretty sure they were mostly concerned about the region-lock on the system. As for that bruce guy, he's just a dork.

PK Gaming

It's nice to see that I largely had reasonable opinions and only made one absurd comment that entire night. Also this log proves I was a staunch supporter of Persona Q long before everyone else jumped on the hype bandwagon!

Some Highlights:

11:35:15: <BuddhaWITHPOWER> how can the series that fucking created a villain like THE CRAWLING CHAOS be responsible for this shit

11:08:41: <EMT0> Fuck everything
11:10:50: <kewlmyc> i'M choking, I'm laughing so hard. Fuck everything
11:44:35: <MotheHawk> fuck everything
11:46:46: <Dantis> Fuck everything
11:46:50: <Dantis> Bye

11:29:15: <MotheHawk> that cant be real
11:29:17: <MotheHawk> right?
11:29:22: <MotheHawk> that was a joke
11:29:25: <MotheHawk> i didnt just see that

11:29:13: <zyrox> i guess atlus just wants to watch the world burn

11:13:15: <Dantis> The music is clearly Meguro

12:08:54: <EMT0> Did Dantis just ragequit Persona?

11:41:02: <FluxWaveZ> IF THIS ISN'T FUCKING P5 I SWEAR TO GOD

11:43:51: <Merm> I hate and love you so much, atlus

phoenix-sweating(a).gif

So many shots are being fired it's like a darn war out there

My favorite reactions were those from PK, Omi and Flux.
I think it was heavily related to that Persona game that was sort of announced for 3DS forever ago (ended up being PQ) and people were scared it would end up being Persona 5.
Ah, I see. That does makes sense.
Dave and Omi are both from the United Kingdom. I'm pretty sure they were mostly concerned about the region-lock on the system. As for that bruce guy, he's just a dork.
Do they post here in the actual thread?
PK when is the boob talk episode of SLINKFM
I remember there was this nipple talk at the beginning of one of the OTs related to Mitsuru's IK where one member explained why it happened and stuff. lol

Style

Banned
My favorite reactions were those from PK, Omi and Flux.

Ah, I see. That does makes sense.

Do they post here in the actual thread?

I remember there was this nipple talk at the beginning of one of the OTs related to Mitsuru's IK where one member explained why it happened and stuff. lol

Dave does, Omi used to and bruce is really just some random dork.

Gazoinks

#1. Satan

"Satan is stacked"

Pft, scrubs. Diana is where it's at.

That reveal was a beautiful experience. Stayed up till 4 am for it and everything. Good times. Love how it ends:
"12:29:59: <BuddhaWITHPOWER> fuck makoto
12:30:00: <BuddhaWITHPOWER> dudes mad overrated"

Musolf815

Well, as far as 'moving thing to sit in' goes, what's left after elevator, limo, and train?

Plane, helicopter, boat, stair climber, tank, spaceship, asteroids, flying bowling alley...

Also, I almost would want to play the incredible trainwreck that would be a David Cage Persona...definitely not a main game though, it'd have to be a spinoff.

Also that Junpei comic made me aww.

Plane, helicopter, boat, stair climber, tank, spaceship, asteroids, flying bowling alley...

Also, I almost would want to play the incredible trainwreck that would be a David Cage Persona...definitely not a main game though, it'd have to be a spinoff.

Also that Junpei comic made me aww.

Airplane. Zamboni. Hummer? Hot air balloon. Delivery truck ( :( ). Racecar. Scooters. Any bus. Tank. Cable car. Golf cart. Boat. EDIT: TRACTOR!
Airplane, I could buy.

Also, the above salt is DELICIOUS!

LX_Theo

Banned
True. But the idea of a velvet plane could work for a more... international perspective?

I guess. I have a feeling that it'll work on the terms the theme sets instead of something like that, like it was with the elevator and limo.

EDIT: Though, I will say, with the indications we've gotten for theme, I could see an airplane working.

Rhapsody

Banned
I almost want to read that chat log. But I'm pretty sure I already have a grasp that went on.

I can't remember how I reacted exactly. I didn't doubt P5, but seeing PQ's logo and P4D was quite... interesting. lol

CorvoSol

#1. Satan

"Satan is stacked"

#10. Mara

I feel like Mara's lack of boobs is an insightful criticism on the need to have boobs to make it onto a list of boobs. This daring subversion of established societal norms is worthy of the highest accolades.

kewlmyc

Eh, it was childish, but at the same time, it was pretty fun. Everyone having pretty much the same reactions throughout the night.

Mdesilva

Nah, I highly doubt we get a Margaret trailer so soon. None of the other DLC characters' trailers came until at least a week after their respective reveals.

Nachos

i1SMibU.png

There, now it's fixed. If it works for frowns, it works for reversed social links, too.

Nah, I highly doubt we get a Margaret trailer so soon. None of the other DLC characters' trailers came until at least a week after their respective reveals.
There's also the matter of them needing to sell magazines. I think it's safe to say that their business model is still predicated upon the notion that leaks don't exist and their information comes at a premium. They need some exclusivity period before Atlus rolls out a proper trailer.

Eh, it was childish, but at the same time, it was pretty fun. Everyone having pretty much the same reactions throughout the night.

Things eventually steered themselves in the right direction, but I really wonder how conversations would be at this point in time had they never announced P5 to accompany the additional spin-offs.

Rhapsody

Banned
Things eventually steered themselves in the right direction, but I really wonder how conversations would be at this point in time had they never announced P5 to accompany the additional spin-offs.
Some of PersonaGAF would be throwing NichM and AtlusPrime into a TV that night.

Dantis

Band scene: Wow, now I see why is everyone excited for the new episode. I LOVE THIS. Just the silly idea of making a band in the first place is awesome. For some reason this really convinces that they are indeed best friends with each other. And the instrument that everyone has makes so much sense. Kanji at the drums? HELL YEAH. Chie and Yukiko's are unexpected but whatevs. I would have expected the protagonist to have the guitar, but heh. And Laura Baley's singing voice is amazing to hear. Now I will watch this scene like a hundred of times. Hopefully Marie doesn't end up ruining this, lol

NEMESIS.

Some of PersonaGAF would be throwing NichM and AtlusPrime into a TV that night.

Nich was actually in the IRC with us at the time, funnily enough.

I think we'd have a bunch of persona fans with pitchforks at ATLUS USA doorstep asking "Where's Persona 5."

It's nice to see that I largely had reasonable opinions and only made one absurd comment that entire night. Also this log proves I was a staunch supporter of Persona Q long before everyone else jumped on the hype bandwagon!

Some Highlights:

11:35:15: <BuddhaWITHPOWER> how can the series that fucking created a villain like THE CRAWLING CHAOS be responsible for this shit

11:08:41: <EMT0> Fuck everything
11:10:50: <kewlmyc> i'M choking, I'm laughing so hard. Fuck everything
11:44:35: <MotheHawk> fuck everything
11:46:46: <Dantis> Fuck everything
11:46:50: <Dantis> Bye

11:29:15: <MotheHawk> that cant be real
11:29:17: <MotheHawk> right?
11:29:22: <MotheHawk> that was a joke
11:29:25: <MotheHawk> i didnt just see that

11:29:13: <zyrox> i guess atlus just wants to watch the world burn

11:13:15: <Dantis> The music is clearly Meguro

12:08:54: <EMT0> Did Dantis just ragequit Persona?

11:41:02: <FluxWaveZ> IF THIS ISN'T FUCKING P5 I SWEAR TO GOD

11:43:51: <Merm> I hate and love you so much, atlus

This was me after seeing that woman intentionally block the screen:

b6woxs.gif

Came back saw P4D and PQ announced. Lost my shit, Atlus will pay for this with blood......thankfully Persona 5 was announced for PS3.....and then its been 8 months since then and we have nothing -____-

Dantis

This was me after seeing that woman intentionally block the screen:

b6woxs.gif

Came back saw P4D and PQ announced. Lost my shit, Atlus will pay for this with blood......thankfully Persona 5 was announced for PS3.....and then its been 8 months since then and we have nothing -____-

I wasn't even mad, I just started to think "What am I doing spending so much time with this franchise when I am increasingly not the target audience?". I actually considered closing my GAF account and my Tumblr and just playing the games when they actually come out, like a normal person.

Sophia

I wasn't even mad, I just started to think "What am I doing spending so much time with this franchise when I am increasingly not the target audience?". I actually considered closing my GAF account and my Tumblr and just playing the games when they actually come out, like a normal person.

And then common sense hit you that these would not be the actions of a normal person? :p

And yeah Nich was in IRC that night. I personally talked to him. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe AtlusPrime was in there too.

Top Bottom