• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Andrefpvs

I am now convinced Marie will be the one to solve the murder case in P4GA :p

She will be in that scene, trust me!

Is there anything this absolute goddess cannot do?

kewlmyc

I don't understand how anyone can like Adachi. He has no likeable qualities whatsoever, a really ugly design, an irritating voice...

I tend to like the goofball characters. And everything you listed there is pure opinion. Also, are you referring to the English or the Japanese Adachi?

Yukari, Junpei and Yosuke, probably. I like all of P4's cast to some degree, though I find Yukiko horrendously boring.
Didn't know you liked Junpei. You should draw him more.

Marie can do anything, at this rate she's gonna be Persona 5's main character for sure.

Speaking about P5, I had a dream last night where an older Nanako and not aged Teddie were the main characters, they had to fight the velvet people because it turned out they were the true shadows or something, I really need to write my dreams down.

Yukari, Junpei and Yosuke, probably. I like all of P4's cast to some degree, though I find Yukiko horrendously boring.

Nice list. I did like Yosuke whilst i was playing P4. Overtime though, i kinda forgot about him completely. I also thought Yukiko was great, but i can see why people find her boring.

I don't understand how anyone can like Adachi. He has no likeable qualities whatsoever, a really ugly design, an irritating voice...

I really liked Adachi from the moment i met him in P4. He just seemed like a regular dude who didn't take anything too seriously. He goofed about most of the time, slacked off from work, ate cabbage, and had great chemistry with Dojima. I thought his voice was perfect and his appearance looked decent. He's a pretty scruffy looking character, which matched his personality perfectly.

He became one of my favorites when
he was revealed as the villain. He became a complete and utter psychopath, which was brilliant. Reminded me so much of Light Yagami. :)

He became one of my favorites when
he was revealed as the villain. He became a complete and utter psychopath, which was brilliant. Reminded me so much of Light Yagami. :)

I'm not a big fan of Adachi but I agree with your reasons, man. But c'mon... Light is way more badass and intelligent than Adachi. But I guess it means you support Kira, right? Brofist!

Tiu Neo

Adding Marie to the band scene? Okay make sense. The Golden anime has a lot of expansions like that.

Having Marie play backup vocals? Um, sure. Might as well make the best use of Kana Hanazawa while you have her...

Having Marie sing the entire song on her own once? No.... just... no.... ;_;

Yeah, that felt kinda forced. But everything else was pretty good. They even explained how they got to play that song on a short period of time a little better than the game. But yeah, Kou and Daisuke were the stars this episode.

...I wonder how they'll insert Marie on Adachi's S. Link.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm not a big fan of Adachi but I agree with your reasons, man. But c'mon... Light is way more badass and intelligent than Adachi. But I guess it means you support Kira, right? Brofist!

I'd agree he's certainly not as intelligent. He does have that odd mix of psychopath and legitimate line of reasoning, which makes him a great villain to me. I like Light for the same sort of reason. In the end, people generally like good villains or anti-heroes.
That's what I think lies behind people liking Adachi so much.

14082-mini.GIF

:)

Moonlight

Banned
Persona 4 Golden Episode 5

lCkJo6c.png

GSKJwWN.png

you had one job, show

i only ever wanted one thing

it was literally the only expectation i had for you

but no

rEYhVH3.gif

I'd agree he's certainly not as intelligent. He does have that odd mix of psychopath and legitimate line of reasoning, which makes him a great villain to me. I like Light for the same sort of reason. In the end, people generally like good villains or anti-heroes.
That's what I think lies behind people liking Adachi so much.

Well, if Adachi had an interesting motivation like Light has in Death Note, I'd like him more. Still "annoys" me the reason he dumped people on tv was because he failed at flirting and he was bored. I was waiting for an interesting revelation behind the dumping at that moment and I got frustrated. :p

Darn, I should've posted!

Along with Inorigo and MSMrRound we'll get another chance. xD

Dantis

P4GA wasn't actually as bad as I had expected. Still feels pointless though. It's a really weird show.

Dantis likes the popular girl and the bros like any regular person? I wasn't expecting this. lol

Shouldn't really be that surprising, tbh. I thought Yukari was great, and I've said so an awful lot of times.

I tend to like the goofball characters. And everything you listed there is pure opinion. Also, are you referring to the English or the Japanese Adachi?

Didn't know you liked Junpei. You should draw him more.

Well of course it's an opinion. And the English one, mainly. I hate Johnny Bosch.

I don't particularly enjoy drawing Junpei, for whatever reason.

kewlmyc

P4GA wasn't actually as bad as I had expected. Still feels pointless though. It's a really weird show.

Last anime came out around the time Golden and Arena were being released. This is probably just an advertisement for the upcoming releases (PQ, P4DAN, P4AU, P5). They did the same with Devil Survivor 2 Anime and Danganronpa the Animation.

Shouldn't really be that surprising, tbh. I thought Yukari was great, and I've said so an awful lot of times.

You said, but I thought Naoto would still be your favorite. lol

More people should get these!

All the good girls are taken though :p

Plenty of great guys left though.

There are still two girls It seems. The nurse one and another. (I know nothing about them or the story, though)

Dantis

You said, but I thought Naoto would still be your favorite. lol

There are still two girls It seems. The nurse one and another. (I know nothing about them or the story, though)

No one has the princess girl, right?

And I dunno where I'd rank Naoto.

Ranking things is difficult.

Do you hate Yu's voice then?

In P4, where he just barks "Persona!" or "Izanagi!", no, I don't.

In Arena, yes, I do. I like the Japanese voice an awful lot though. I think he's perfect.

Kazzy

Well of course it's an opinion. And the English one, mainly. I hate Johnny Bosch.

I'm going to backup Dantis on this one. Whether it's the directors always demanding a particular delivery or style, the point stands that the guy almost always gives the exact same performance (and not an especially good one).

And if you happen to agree!? Well, too bad - he's in everything!

arue

I wanted Ibuki but Kewlmyc took her already ;_;

I just remember that I haven't watch P4GA ep 4 and 5. Seeing the good/okay impressions of ep 5, I guess I'll watch both when I get home.

Edit:

Same for me, but it's because he doesn't have the typical bishonen look :p

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, if Adachi had an interesting motivation like Light has in Death Note, I'd like him more. Still "annoys" me the reason he dumped people on tv was because he failed at flirting and he was bored. I was waiting for an interesting revelation behind the dumping at that moment and I got frustrated. :p

His motivation, to me, was how he had handled the negatives of life. I get the impression that he was the type of person who worked hard but never lived up his expectations or what he wanted out of life. In the end he gave up and stuff like failing at flirting became straws that broke a line he hadn't been willing to cross before. Then Ameno sagiri amplified his view of the world and directed it at its destruction through the fog. At the very least, those are the impressions I got from him. I do wish they'd explore his background more, as at least from what I took from what they had in P4 was good. Maybe episode Adachi will do just that (in a good way).

I actually really liked his lack of any real "deep" motivation. He's a refreshing villain--he's not some super charismatic badass or some over the top, larger than life psychopath. He's just a disgusting creep with a high opinion of himself. He's a refreshingly realistic villain.

I will agree with Dantis that Johnny Yong Bosch sucks. But! I actually liked him as Adachi because he was playing completely against type. We need more of that in the voice acting world. Yosuke has probably the least interesting voice of the main (speaking) party members for this reason.

This is also partially responsible for why I consider the dumb and inconsistent "Yu Narukami" character they've made from the P4 protagonist to be such a lame goober. He's just JYB being JYB. Doesn't help that his existence as a "character" has impacted JYB's Adachi voice for the worse, even in places it shouldn't (Persona 4 Golden).

kewlmyc

In P4, where he just barks "Persona!" or "Izanami!", no, I don't.

In Arena, yes, I do. I like the Japanese voice an awful lot though. I think he's perfect.

I do prefer his Japanese voice as well, but mostly because Yu and Adachi sounding exactly the same takes me out of the game/anime.

I've played the game. I stand by "the good girls are taken" comment :p

I wanted Ibuki but Kewlmyc took her already ;_;
Just get a different sprite!

If that's cool with him, that is…

NO SHE'S MINE!!!!

I don't care. It's the internet, do what you want.

Marche90

I'm going to backup Dantis on this one. Whether it's the directors always demanding a particular delivery or style, the point stands that the guy almost always gives the exact same performance (and not an especially good one).

And if you happen to agree!? Well, too bad - he's in everything!

But I like JYB :(

1.- I agree. Marie 4 The Animation is taking its toll on me, truth be told :/

2.- Didn't even Soejima had troubles drawing him too? Or that was only in PQ and got my facts mixed?

Andrefpvs

Now that ive finished P3, what order should i play P4A in?

There's a certain order that minimizes play time, but I did:

P4 characters in the order you meet them -> P3 party members in the order you meet them -> Labrys -> repeat

and it worked fine. It depends on how well you can tolerate the cliffhangers.

His motivation, to me, was how he had handled the negatives of life. I get the impression that he was the type of person who worked hard but never lived up his expectations or what he wanted out of life. In the end he gave up and stuff like failing at flirting became straws that broke a line he hadn't been willing to cross before. Then Ameno sagiri amplified his view of the world and directed it at its destruction through the fog. At the very least, those are the impressions I got from him. I do wish they'd explore his background more, as at least from what I took from what they had in P4 was good. Maybe episode Adachi will do just that (in a good way).

You're absolutely right. But I think that's part of his characterization more than his motivation. It explains how he turned out to be that person. It's a solid characterization. But I think that doesn't motivate his actions. Like he said, he was just finding everything funny while watching Namatame and IT messing things. He didn't care about the outcome (people being saved or not). Ameno-sagiri was the one behind the true motivation and Adachi seemed to doesn't care about the fate of the world and just fought the IT because they wanted to capture him. Adachi seems more like a tool who didn't mind to be that tool as long as he was tired of the world and he was bored of everything.

I actually really liked his lack of any real "deep" motivation. He's a refreshing villain--he's not some super charismatic badass or some over the top, larger than life psychopath. He's just a disgusting creep with a high opinion of himself. He's a refreshingly realistic villain.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this villain type. But he is indeed realistic and you have a point, it is unexpected to find that the villain of this supernatural case is a simple goofy guy. I don't mind it but that's why I don't think he is an interesting character.

Tamanon

Banned
You're absolutely right. But I think that's part of his characterization more than his motivation. It explains how he turned out to be that person. It's a solid characterization. But I think that doesn't motivate his actions. Like he said, he was just finding everything funny while watching Namatame and IT messing things. He didn't care about the outcome (people being saved or not). Ameno-sagiri was the one behind the true motivation and Adachi seemed to doesn't care about the fate of the world and just fought the IT because they wanted to capture him. Adachi seems more like a tool who didn't mind to be that tool as long as he was tired of the world and he was bored of everything.

I dunno, I thought there was a little different motivation.

To me, he always saw himself as better than others and his attitude towards the investigation and Namatame showed that belief of superiority. He saw himself as a puppetmaster on the whole deal, that it was all just a game for him when he was winning. When he was found out and challenged, he became angry because he didn't want to face that he wasn't as superior as he thought he was.

Top Bottom