• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Squire

Banned
Yoshida's whole thing was to only mention PS4, though.
I guess I'd much rather see Persona 5 than P4D. :p

Yosp said that, eh? I missed that , but that makes sense after GamesCom. That's what they should be doing, for Japan in particular. Yakuza, MGS, and that new One Piece will all mostly be there though, so cross-gen stuff us on the table.

kewlmyc

Yoshida's whole thing was to only mention PS4, though.
I guess I'd much rather see Persona 5 than P4D. :p

FjcS8fV.gif

But in all seriousness, I think a P4D trailer will be at TGS. Not on the main stage, but there in some way.

P5 I don't' see at all on the main stage, unless it's cross-gen now. Maybe a regular trailer on the show floor if Atlus even bothers to show up.

FluxWaveZ

P4D's releasing this fall, so... wouldn't the surprise be if we weren't going to hear about it by then?

I'm operating on the assumption that neither P4D or P5 are being delayed because I can't see that happening, so the statement seems pretty evident.

Squire

Banned
FjcS8fV.gif

But in all seriousness, I think a P4D trailer will be at TGS. Not on the main stage, but there in some way.

P5 I don't' see at all on the main stage, unless it's cross-gen now. Maybe a regular trailer on the show floor if Atlus even bothers to show up.

There is no longer some sort of scale/popularity requirement to be on "the main stage" at TGS. Sony has been putting up bullshit from Marvelous and licensed junk from Bamco for like three years running; Probably longer.

There is no space reserved for AAA titles because Japan isn't producing any to reserve space for.

Setsu00

There is no longer some sort of scale/popularity requirement to be on "the main stage" at TGS. Sony has been putting up bullshit from Marvelous and licensed junk from Bamco for like three years running; Probably longer.

There is no space reserved for AAA titles because Japan isn't producing any to reserve space for.

I wanted to mention Final Fantasy XV, but we all know that it doesn't exist.

kewlmyc

I was referring to Yosp saying that Sony's TGS conference would be PS4 focused since they need Japanese games on the system for it to sell. The reason why I don't think P4D would be on main stage because they would be focusing on PS4 instead. Freaking DanganRonpa Another Episode showed on stage last year, so I know anything can show up there. Just basing my predictions on what an employee said about TGS this year.

Squire

Banned
I was referring to Yosp saying that Sony's TGS conference would be PS4 focused since they need Japanese games on the system for it to sell. The reason why I don't think P4D would be on main stage because they would be focusing on PS4 instead. Freaking DanganRonpa Another Episode showed on stage last year, so I know anything can show up there. Just basing my predictions on what an employee said about TGS this year.

Fair enough. Your post didn't read that way though and that mentality - that Persona is somehow not a large enough brand - seems to be oddly persistent in this community. So I just wanted to make the point.

kewlmyc

Just casually stopping by to express my love for
Adachi
's theme in P4AU.

It's pretty good. Not sure if they're actual trumpets, but the trumpets sound great. Perfect theme for him.

Personaless Sho and Margaret's themes are also great.

Got my Persona Music FES 2013 BD today, a day late. True Story is the most glorious thing I've ever seen in HD.

Anyways, here's a gallery of the photo book it came with, if anyone wanted to see.
I regret not getting the CD too.

So jealous, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
LJ is asking for feedback at the club, drop a comment when you can, I'd also like to hear impressions, did they basically use the same footage from the live stream or is it a different edit? Is there as much backstage/rehearsal footage as in the 2012 dvd?

Gbraga

Aaaaah! Can't wait to get my copy! >_<

It'll be hard to top 2012, it was glorious and I watch it several times every month, but I hope it's at least close enough.

Persona Music Golden 2015 pls.

Aaaaah! Can't wait to get my copy! >_<

It'll be hard to top 2012, it was glorious and I watch it several times every month, but I hope it's at least close enough.

Persona Music Golden 2015 pls.

Going by the live stream it's a tough call but I have to give it to 2013, the violin is what it gives it the edge for me, it was a fantastic addition to the band's sound, it was integrated into the songs perfectly. Also Snowflakes.
But yeah, 2012 was awesome, fantastic setlist, Shihoko's performance was absolutely incredible.

The next show wil be incredible, they already have so much new material and P5 isn't even out yet.
PQ, P4U2, P4GA...

CorvoSol

P4GA 8

It was . . . actually good. I mean animation was same as ever but we got to see different aspects of the cast and we actually got to see their personalities on display. It was also a pretty fun way of adapting that material. I liked it.

Nachos

This is the first time I've actually watched the DAN trailer since November. Anyone else think the announcer sounds strangely like a Japanese JB Blanc (Dojima)?

Is...Is this canon?
It's whatever you want it to be.

About P5 going cross-gen: Wasn't there an insider here that said that development for the game started on PS4?
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it was Aeana back when the Persona 5 domain got registered.

cjkeats

So jealous, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
LJ is asking for feedback at the club, drop a comment when you can, I'd also like to hear impressions, did they basically use the same footage from the live stream or is it a different edit? Is there as much backstage/rehearsal footage as in the 2012 dvd?
I've only watched half of it before I left for work, but from what I watched it seems to be a little different. They edited a few things here and there to make the gap between songs shorter and they cut the P3 trailer out from before More Than One Heart. Theres a few shots here and there from inside the crowd which I don't recall from the stream. No backstage stuff so far.

Just finished the latest episode of P4GA and I must admit, it was enjoyable. I like the new spin on the Christmas event. This is the first (only?) time where the focus was on the other characters instead of Yu/Marie— a refreshing change of pace is always welcome. Oh and how about that throwback OP? Weird, but ok I'll take it. I'm a fan of that song.

Quick note: I've always had this weird sympathy-anxiety when it comes to unraveling hijinks in classic (re: tropey) sitcom plots. Like, the shenanigans in Three's Company and Kenan & Kel make me super nervous, to name a a couple of wildly different examples. Suffice to say this episode had that in spades. Whether or not this is a good thing is entirely subjective, but the build up had me anxious from the get go. Shenanigans occur. It's silly, ridiculous (Naoto's might've gone a bit too far), but entirely funny. Ending kinda falls flat though. Just pbbt. Good episode, wish I didn't have this irrational anxiety. B+

Also, Thunder Cross is a badass name. I fully expect to receive gifts from TC from now on.

This episode of P4G was amazing. The girls all went totally insane. Surprisingly, Naoto of all people was the worst of the bunch. Best episode so far imo.

It's actually pretty incredible how much better this show got once they stopped shoving Marie down our throats.

Setsu00

Does this mark the actual first concrete info we've ever had about persona 5 since last november(where we found out it still *might* be in a high school based on chairs)? :p

I would think so, but Hashino might have confirmed this before, so who knows.

Tamanon

Banned
I will allow one Persona retread to enter Persona 5 only. And that would be Akihito in that pimpin' suit of his. Need a stylish adult in the series again. Too long without Katsuya.

Setsu00

I guess cameos are a given, then? Also, I'd love to now what Soejima has to say about Ken's new desing.

The last line is completely unreadable to me, but Soejima says that the shorts Ken wore in P3 were part of his identity and that this has changed as he grew older.

And about that cameo thing... I don't even want to talk about the possibilities.

I will allow one Persona retread to enter Persona 5 only. And that would be Akihito in that pimpin' suit of his. Need a stylish adult in the series again. Too long without Katsuya.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rise appears at least in some poster, like Kanamin in P4GA.

The last line is completely unreadable to me, but Soejima says that the shorts Ken wore in P3 were part of his identity and that this has changed as he grew older.

And about that cameo thing... I don't even want to talk about the possibilities.

Oh yes, Ken without his shorts gives me a different feeling. Also, his portrait in Ultimax makes him look like an alien or something, but I guess that doesn't have anything to do with his shorts...

Gbraga

Going by the live stream it's a tough call but I have to give it to 2013, the violin is what it gives it the edge for me, it was a fantastic addition to the band's sound, it was integrated into the songs perfectly. Also Snowflakes.
But yeah, 2012 was awesome, fantastic setlist, Shihoko's performance was absolutely incredible.

The next show wil be incredible, they already have so much new material and P5 isn't even out yet.
PQ, P4U2, P4GA...

Everyone was super great in 2012, Shuuhei was hyped as shit in Breaking Through, and the 2012 version of Mass Destruction is still my favorite. Key Plus Words was soooooo powerful, damn, you could even see that they adopted it as their rules of nature song.

Also, waifu dancers.

Just please don't take ten million years to release the blu-ray after the show >_<

I missed the stream, and watching the archive isn't the same, if you don't get the live hype, you're just looking at a shitty quality video, so I just waited for the blu-ray for an year >_<

Top Bottom