• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Remember when we thought Junpei, Sho and Yukari were the only new characters?
Oh man, totally. P4U2 at that time was just like meh, specially since we even believed [Redacted] would be only a NPC. But then the Best Buy leak came in, then that boxart with Marie and Margaret, etc. Can't believe there are now over 7 playable characters.

MSMrRound

I have a bad habit of buying Dengeki magazine just for the cover and I might do it again this time.

I know what you mean.

943027_10151824456164632_1420753858_n.jpg

wmlk

I feel like Yu's looked more and more arrogant as each month goes by.
His collar has reached incredible heights.

Meia

I really can't wait to start getting the PQ trailers in english. Hopefully Atlus USA releases one or two a week instead of the three bursts we've gotten with P4AU. It's really messed up to realize we're going to be getting a persona game every 2 months for the rest of the year. :p

FluxWaveZ

Mind posting if dual audio exists when you start playing?

Dual audio for story mode confirmed.

I'm all up in this story now, finally.

Edit: Not spoilers, but just a comment from the very start of the story:
Right from the start, it's mindblowing that Igor now has a new (English) voice actor with new lines. Heh, "Margaret... [shut up]."
Man... feels good to be experiencing a new Persona story again.

Dual audio is confirmed, I don't think there is dual text anywhere tho.
There is - the full English script was leaked from the JP version - it's just inaccessible. It's unfortunate that the lack of region lock makes us wait another month for a completed game. Oh well!
I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 port also plays a role in the delay.

I wouldn't think so, all 360 assets were found in the JP version too, and the engine is already running on the 360.

Tamanon

Banned
There is - the full English script was leaked from the JP version - it's just inaccessible. It's unfortunate that the lack of region lock makes us wait another month for a completed game. Oh well!

I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 port also plays a role in the delay.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if they will enable the option in a month

Nah, there's no way English text is ever unlocked for the JP version. Wouldn't be surprised if the English version lacks the option to change text, too.

Edit: Some comments on the voices. Kanji and Naoto's voices are excellent. It's true; they're practically the same as the old voices with minor differences; one probably wouldn't tell if they weren't told their VAs changed. Margaret's is noticeably different, though. Will see if I get used to that one.

Labrys' voice is amazing, as always.

arue

The way Sho's forearm points straight out behind Yu's shoulder weirds me out. It's like his forearm is really short and his upper arm is really long.
Now that you mentioned it, all I can see is that Yu has three arms. Noooo.

Also, have fun to those who are playing Ultimax right now!

HeelPower

Guys how do i transfer a "PS2 classics" save from PC to a PS3 ?

I am trying to get a Persona 4 save from here(the first one that says PS2 classics version) because I lost mine.

Is there is a certain way I should name the folder ? I reckon some of you have tried it.

Thanks.

Xenoflare

I always thought that Margaret's voice was egregiously bad (it's so wooden and stilted) - so this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Although her old VA got better in the first Arena (I recall her saying this herself in SlinkFM since the VO director is different)

Her new voice in the character select screen is weird, the way she says Persona really irked me, it sounded like "perSOna" in tone. She also sounded even drier than her old VA in P4

Well, hopefully the full release can change my mind

Why can't Ali Hillis voice new Marge ugh

Guys I'm at the start of May now and I can see this game is completely different kind of beast compared to any other RPG I've played. S-links are bloody genious BUT I'm fretting over who to talk to and how to manage my time while visiting Tartarus.

So I had a few questions:

1, Should I go to Tartarus each night or? How often is enough? So far I get like 4-5 exp per fight.

2. Should I concrentate more on S-links or my stats (courage, academics)?

3. When my Persona levels up while fusing and it says "you have gained 2 Strength". Is it MC that gains it or just the Persona? Do these stats carry over even if I change Personas?

4. Will I have time to see most of the stories of characters that I can interact with? Here I am sweating with who to spend my afternoons

1, Should I go to Tartarus each night or? How often is enough? So far I get like 4-5 exp per fight.

You can go about it with any pace that is comfortable with you. If you are concerned about maximizing your time outside of tartarus, once or twice every month. If you beat all the bosses and reach the barricade, it's a good indication that you're strong enough and you don't need to grind.

2. Should I concrentate more on S-links or my stats (courage, academics)?

Prioritize s.links.

3. When my Persona levels up while fusing and it says "you have gained 2 Strength". Is it MC that gains it or just the Persona? Do these stats carry over even if I change Personas?

It's just the specific persona. Your MC's stats are whatever persona you have equipped at the time + items you are equipped with.

4. Will I have time to see most of the stories of characters that I can interact with? Here I am sweating with who to spend my afternoons

Only with a guide. You should only worry about seeing every story in a second playthrough. It's better to play blind on your first time and be spontaneous.

Lunar15

Anyone want to make a wild guess when P4D will re-debut then? I think it'll be two weeks from now. The Tuesday, obviously.

At this point we're getting so "close" to the theoretical release date of P5 that I'd honestly rather hear about that than P4D.

We can't be more than a month or so away from solid P4D info, unless it's delayed.

Sophia

Nah, PQ had the same amount of time given for weekly updates—maybe even a bit more—compared to P4AU. I will agree that P4AU's was more exciting. That might be either because of personal preference or because there was just more for them to work with with P4AU.

A big factor as to why Ultimax's updates were more exciting is because they were a lot closer to the release date. We're still two-three months off of Persona Q in English, versus only a month for Ultimax.

At this point we're getting so "close" to the theoretical release date of P5 that I'd honestly rather hear about that than P4D.

We can't be more than a month or so away from solid P4D info, unless it's delayed.

I have a feeling both of them are delayed at this rate. I'm also wondering if they can afford to keep Persona 5 on only the PS3 given the popularity of the series outside of Japan now.

A big factor as to why Ultimax's updates were more exciting is because they were a lot closer to the release date. We're still two-three months off of Persona Q in English, versus only a month for Ultimax.

I think because it is a continuation of the story it's inherently more exciting too.

Top Bottom