• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Lunar15

A big factor as to why Ultimax's updates were more exciting is because they were a lot closer to the release date. We're still two-three months off of Persona Q in English, versus only a month for Ultimax.

I have a feeling both of them are delayed at this rate. I'm also wondering if they can afford to keep Persona 5 on only the PS3 given the popularity of the series outside of Japan now.

Well, the vague and slightly disingenuous date of "winter 2014" affords them some time. That being said, I think P5 is most certainly delayed.

Sophia

I think because it is a continuation of the story it's inherently more exciting too.

Yeah, there's that as well. The first Arena game set itself up fantastically for a sequel, regardless of what you think of the writing or layout.

You guys are already playing it? Wow!

I guess I'm looking present and you're already futuristic

Lots of people playing the Japanese version right now.

Well, the vague and slightly disingenuous date of "winter 2014" affords them some time. That being said, I think P5 is most certainly delayed.

Seeing the marketing they've done for Persona Q and Ultimax, I put little faith in that vague release date right now. I'm expecting the worst and not getting my hopes up.

Luckily, Persona Q will feed my RPG-addcing need even if it is delayed.

ssshadow

Neo Member
A big factor as to why Ultimax's updates were more exciting is because they were a lot closer to the release date. We're still two-three months off of Persona Q in English, versus only a month for Ultimax.

I have a feeling both of them are delayed at this rate. I'm also wondering if they can afford to keep Persona 5 on only the PS3 given the popularity of the series outside of Japan now.

I think we will see P4D within the next 1-2 weeks, and maybe also P5. But I wouldn't be surprised if they wait with P5 until all the Ultimax DLC and P4D is out, and P4GA is finished. Seems like P5 will have nothing to do with P4 and P3, so they might as well finish all the spin offs and then move on. Remember that the P5 "winter 2014" release date also includes January - March 2015. They could show P5 in November and still give it plenty of advertising.

Also, I made an Android app that automatically checks when websites, such as persona5.jp, are updated. I think it is pretty useful if I may say so myself.

Sophia

Yeah, you can buy it on Japanese PSN if you want.

Nobody knows for sure right now, but it's most likely "Break out of the Dome".

Do you have a link for the ending?

Here you go. It's VERY different from previous ending songs.

The full versions of the opening/ending are in the game, and their titles are listed in English. I saw it on the streams of people playing late last night.

Gbraga

Thanks, guys! I loved it.

We need a new Persona Music Live next year with music from Ultimax, Q and 5. Hopefully not having to wait an year for the blu-ray this time...

Setsu00

Here you go. It's VERY different from previous ending songs.

The full versions of the opening/ending are in the game, and their titles are listed in English. I saw it on the streams of people playing late last night.

Thank you! I think I prefer "Now I know", but I like that they tried something different this time.

Meia

1, Should I go to Tartarus each night or? How often is enough? So far I get like 4-5 exp per fight.

2. Should I concrentate more on S-links or my stats (courage, academics)?

3. When my Persona levels up while fusing and it says "you have gained 2 Strength". Is it MC that gains it or just the Persona? Do these stats carry over even if I change Personas?

4. Will I have time to see most of the stories of characters that I can interact with? Here I am sweating with who to spend my afternoons

1) You can do all of your Tartarus exploration in one night in P3P, two in P3: FES. As was said, when you reach the barricade, you know you're strong enough for the next full moon boss.

2) Depends. It's important to note that you need certain stats to even start some social links when they become available(max courage = Lovers, max charm = High Priestess, max Academics = Empress)(there are some that won't start unless you have lower values of some of these stats). Academics are needed for the exams, and you need to get first in one of them to even start her link near the last stretch of the game.

3) Also already answered, but yeah, the persona's stats are your stats. The only thing the MC has separately are HP and SP values.

4) You literally need to follow a very rigid guide to max all social links in one playthrough, especially your first one(the social stats carry over on a game +). I mean, following a guide every single day of the game, you have maybe 3 or 4 days of lee-way. For the most part, you're always better off worrying about this on a new game + for that reason.

So...I finished P3 FES finally

That ending... I was not expecting that to happen to the MC, especially after seeing the ending of P4

I honestly don't know which one I like more, P4 or P3.

So a 3DS Direct was announced and you know what that means....

PQ ENGLISH TRAILER!!
Edit: Oh, it's Japan-only so far. :(
Edit: Some comments on the voices. Kanji and Naoto's voices are excellent. It's true; they're practically the same as the old voices with minor differences; one probably wouldn't tell if they weren't told their VAs changed. Margaret's is noticeably different, though. Will see if I get used to that one.
That's great to hear! Matthew Mercer FTW
So...I finished P3 FES finally

That ending... I was not expecting that to happen to the MC, especially after seeing the ending of P4

I honestly don't know which one I like more, P4 or P3.
Did you finished The Answer too?

Meia

No, from what I've heard, it's alot harder and it resets your stats. Not my cup of tea

You also don't have a compendium, most monster that have weaknesses have high evasion to said weaknesses, etc. It's worth going to youtube and watching all of the scenes at the very least(there's a playlist that has all of the scenes without the gameplay back to back to back).

One thing I'll say about the endings to both P3 and P4 is
I had tears in my eyes in both for entirely different reasons. It's really a mark of good storytelling to get that kind of a reaction, for me personally anyway.

You also don't have a compendium, most monster that have weaknesses have high evasion to said weaknesses, etc. It's worth going to youtube and watching all of the scenes at the very least(there's a playlist that has all of the scenes without the gameplay back to back to back).

One thing I'll say about the endings to both P3 and P4 is
I had tears in my eyes in both for entirely different reasons. It's really a mark of good storytelling to get that kind of a reaction, for me personally anyway.

Yeah I planned to just watch the videos.
I think after finshing both P3 and P4, that I'll have a difficult time adjusting to other jrpgs. Those two really had an impact for me

Aigis' dialogue in January killed me as our social link went up

Yeah, it sucks, but you should at least watch the story in YouTube if you're planning to play Arena.

I actually started Arena after I beat Golden, and after finishing Yu's story, I stopped to start P3.

Meia

Oh boy, ultimax installed just in time for me to go to work. Yay! :p

And if they did go the PS3/PS4 route, I'd finally have a reason to buy a PS4. I'd expect them to do the re-release thing for Persona 5 if they went that route though. Who knows though?

muteki

On the subject of P3's ending, since I just finished (haven't seen the Answer yet):

Is it ever further explained the details surrounding the characters memory loss post-January? You meet many of them again in early March and they seem to be in a state where they know MC but not each other, or at least certain people (even though they live together). I need to review the max social link conversation again and see if there is anything I'm missing.

Meia

On the subject of P3's ending, since I just finished (haven't seen the Answer yet):

Is it ever further explained the details surrounding the characters memory loss post-January? You meet many of them again in early March and they seem to be in a state where they know MC but not each other, or at least certain people (even though they live together). I need to review the max social link conversation again and see if there is anything I'm missing.

It was mentioned a few times in the plot during the game that
once the Dark Hour gets removed, all memory of experiencing it are gone too. This creates holes in people's memory, which tries to repair it as well as it can. Since most of the characters become closer because of the events that happen during the Dark Hour, some of them may remain friends, but have no earthly idea how they became friends in the first place. Of course, eventually they were always going to remember(imagine people with Persona's have stronger minds in the first place), just that it would take a bit. So all humans are awake when the Fall is about to happen on that January 31st, but everyone forgets this when the Dark Hour poofs. One interesting thing to think about is if the Dark Hour is centralized on Iwatodai only, and if not can other Persona users experience it and have been.

Only mentioning it like this since it's not really a plot point in the Answer since the Journey covers it.

muteki

Thanks, I guess that explains the inconsistencies. I figured though that they had all met each other at some point outside the dark hour (summer trip, Kyoto trip) that they would have some memory of each other, but I guess if holes in your memory get pulled out your mind will try and reconcile them in strange ways...or something. Probably thinking about this too much.

Meia

Thanks, I guess that explains the inconsistencies. I figured though that they had all met each other at some point outside the dark hour (summer trip, Kyoto trip) that they would have some memory of each other, but I guess if holes in your memory get pulled out your mind will try and reconcile them in strange ways...or something. Probably thinking about this too much.

Well, the only reason
they went to Yakushima was on Ikutsuki's doing and to meet Mitsuru's father about things pertaining to the Dark Hour. I'd wonder if they even remember the trip, personally. I don't think it's just the Dark Hour that gets wiped, but ANYTHING pertaining to it(this was said explicitly in the game's narrative), so I can see there being a week long gap where they can't recall any events that happened during it(and probably get a headache if they try so quickly stop). This is somewhat evidenced by none of them knowing who Aigis is, yet she was introduced to them during said trip. Kyoto Trip was a school trip, so that they probably remember, but I wonder if Mitsuru remembers Yukari comforting her, for example.

Lunar15

Ok, so... P4 does a little more than "nod" at Jojo Part 4.

I mean, the similarities are all over the place.
A dude just died and showed up on top of a telephone wire. I mean, come on.

pan-hime

http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/details/20140828_p4u2.html (has that P4 spoiler)
今秋発売予定の『ペルソナ4 ダンシング・オールナイト』の情報などもお伝えしますので、お楽しみに!
"We'll have info on P4D, coming this fall, so stay tuned"

oh boy

PK Gaming

Ok, so... P4 does a little more than "nod" at Jojo Part 4.

I mean, the similarities are all over the place.
A dude just died and showed up on top of a telephone wire. I mean, come on.

No you're wrong, all of those similarities are purely coincidental

Just wait until you meet the main antagonist

http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/details/20140828_p4u2.html (has that P4 spoiler)

"We'll have info on P4D, coming this fall, so stay tuned"

oh boy

BvVxiG8IEAAszpc.png

YESSSSSSSSS

MSMrRound

I don't think my local retailers carried Ultimax. HK PSN also only carry the Japanese version, so yup...I guess English text for R3 version is a no-go.

Sigh. Guess most of them are preparing to import the NA version then. Got to get a PO down on that to secure a copy.

(Still wish there's full dual audio though...P4A was a nice surprise because of that, as someone who's a fan of both Horie Yui and Erin Fitzgerald).

Well, at least EU bros/gals get to enjoy it sooner this time round.

Lose some, win some I guess. Also, can't wait for new P4D info. It's about time! Off for some more Danganronpa 2.

Squire

Banned
Sp will P4D be at the Somy Presser next week or are they just saying, "It's still a thing, chill". I can't read Japanese.

Setsu00

Sp will P4D be at the Somy Presser next week or are they just saying, "It's still a thing, chill". I can't read Japanese.

Pan translated it, it's more or less "It still exists and comes out this fall". I'd say P4D appearing next week just got a lot more likely.

Top Bottom