• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Squire

Banned
You know I never thought about it, but P5 has some sort of prisoner/imprisonment theme to it, yes?

Sho appears to be some sort of convict or criminal...

You know I never thought about it, but P5 has some sort of prisoner/imprisonment theme to it, yes?

This was brought up in the spoiler thread along with some other stuff and concluded that P5's protag was Sho.

I then proceeded to cry internally.

Dantis

Question: Are the Famitsu DLC colours for Ultimax in the issue that's currently out or a future issue?

I don't think the prisoner theme is literal, I would imagine that it's metaphorical.

Squire

Banned
Question: Are the Famitsu DLC colours for Ultimax in the issue that's currently out or a future issue?

I don't think the prisoner theme is literal, I would imagine that it's metaphorical.

I would as well, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility.

For claritys sake I haven't seen a single comment in the spoiler thread. Pan made some tweets and the thought occurred. I always thought Sho looked like a juvenile, I just never made the connection.

Setsu00

I would as well, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility.

For claritys sake I haven't seen a single comment in the spoiler thread. Pan made some tweets and the thought occurred. I always thought Sho looked like a juvenile, I just never made the connection.

I would assume that you have also seen Pan's most recent tweets?

arue

Although a lot of things are pointed to Sho as the P5 protagonist, I really want P5 to be a separate entity; away from the P3/P4 storyline.
Since P5 will be in the same universe, I kind of expect Shadow Operatives to be mentioned. I don't mind small P3/P4 cameos through Trish's Who's Who, but beyond that is too much.

FluxWaveZ

This is just like when people were suggesting Labrys was going to be the P5 protagonist. If anything major happens with Sho again, it's most likely going to be restricted to the Arena series or another spin-off title.

Levito

Banned

Didn't Soejima say the theme was people being stuck/forced/imprisoned by their everyday lives or w/e?

I'll wear a Marie icon for an entire year if Sho is the new protagonist. You can hold me to that.

Xenoflare

If the protagonist is indeed Sho there would be a huge problem, aside from all the sho hate, this would mean P5 is going to be closely bonded to p3/4, because hell, the protag is from the spinoff of a p3/4 game, there is no way to ignore his connection to the old games, it's like ignoring the elephant in the room.

Tamanon

Banned
Obviously, Marie is going to be the P5 protagonist. Her three conversation options will be nice, mean, and "...". Deal with it, bitches.

So the new ep is pretty good? I need to watch it, but too much homework.
And guys, there's no way we are getting Sho as the protagonist lol
I really can't wait to start getting the PQ trailers in english. Hopefully Atlus USA releases one or two a week instead of the three bursts we've gotten with P4AU. It's really messed up to realize we're going to be getting a persona game every 2 months for the rest of the year. :p
Hopefully they don't suck compared to the Japaneses ones like the P4U2 ones.
Maya spoke, too. And Aigis as well. This won't stop them.
If I'm right, Maya is the protagonist of the second game of P2 right? And Aigis was made the protagonist of a another mode in the release of P3. So they don't really count, since this is the first P5 source material we are getting,

CorvoSol

If I'm right, Maya is the protagonist of the second game of P2 right? And Aigis was made the protagonist of a another mode in the release of P3. So they don't really count, since this is the first P5 source material we are getting,

Tatsuya speaks, too, and he's the protagonist of the first half of P2. Yu Narukami speaks, and he was the protagonist of P4. P3's protagonist also apparently speaks in PQ.

Also Link has spoken in Zelda II and The Wind Waker. And Isaac speaks in The Lost Age.

Red never spoke, though.

Xenoflare

Maya spoke, too. And Aigis as well. This won't stop them.

But Maya and Aigis all came from direct sequels/expansion from their source game. Innocent Sin and original P3.

Like I said, if this rule applies to sho, then P5 would have excessive connections to P3/4

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Didn't Soejima say the theme was people being stuck/forced/imprisoned by their everyday lives or w/e?

I'll wear a Marie icon for an entire year if Sho is the new protagonist. You can hold me to that.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Meia

Hopefully they don't suck compared to the Japaneses ones like the P4U2 ones.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Why change the trailers around at all, just translate them, really. I shouldn't be saying that I preferred fansubbed trailers over official ones in my language, ya know?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
In which I display the utmost poise and professionalism while having a chat with Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) and Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke) about their voice acting.

Double post but for a good reason. Check this out, new Atlus mail with a new vid!

Behind the voices of Persona Q's part 1 - Chie and Yosuke

I'll just be hanging out by the phone waiting for my own talk show.

But seriously, Yuri, Erin and the voice actors in pt. 2 are totally awesome and you should listen to what they have to say :)

edit: DAMN, YOU SPEEDY, SON.

In which I display the utmost poise and professionalism while having a chat with Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) and Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke) about their voice acting.

But seriously, Yuri, Erin and the voice actors in pt. 2 are totally awesome and you should listen to what they have to say :)

The video was awesome, you know I wish more companies did stuff like this, if possible of course because of the whole voice acting shebang. It's nice seeing the true faces that are behind our favorite characters. Erin and Yuri truly seem like great people to work with. Keep these coming you guys!

As for the speed, I never underestimate my phone's ringtone for when I get email. It is really loud, and it actually made me jump off my chair. It turned out to be some good mail this time though so it made up for it lol.

Andrefpvs

John, this is freaking amazing! Loved the video, you guys should definitely make mor--
the voice actors in pt. 2 are totally awesome

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!

Sophia

7fa6b0be9d5614e6e8aa57089f47c718ec462a462188bb1b058a1456cfd02d12.jpg

I can't wait. I love how passionate these VAs all are.

Tatsuya speaks, too, and he's the protagonist of the first half of P2. Yu Narukami speaks, and he was the protagonist of P4. P3's protagonist also apparently speaks in PQ.
But Maya and Aigis all came from direct sequels/expansion from their source game. Innocent Sin and original P3.

^This. Like I said, if this rule applies to sho, then P5 would be a tad excessive connection to P3/4
Well yeah, but Tatsuya only spoke in his second game, and Yu and P3MC only started talking after the spin offs and adaptations started popping out. And since P5 is gonna be the first game of its own, I think we can be safe about MC not fully talking.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Why change the trailers around at all, just translate them, really. I shouldn't be saying that I preferred fansubbed trailers over official ones in my language, ya know?
Indeed.
Double post but for a good reason. Check this out, new Atlus mail with a new vid!

Behind the voices of Persona Q's part 1 - Chie and Yosuke
AAAAAH FIRST ENGLISH SOMETHING OF PQ

"You may know him as Yosuke and the protagonist of Persona 3" YES
This was pretty entertained, and that end was pretty cool. Too bad we didn't get Yuri to do P3MC's voice, but I'm expecting the second part to be about the P3 voice actos. Looking forward to see more of these!

That was seriously an awesome interview. Nothing but smiles from me whilst watching that video. Excellent job John.

We definitely need more videos like this. Its crazy how similar Erin and Yuri's friendship is to Yosuke and Chie. I can't wait for part 2. :)

John, I challenge you to do an unboxing for Ultimax and PQ :p

I wonder how Ikutsuki's/Igor's VA feels about not having someone to voice now.
We definitely need more videos like this. Its crazy how similar Erin and Yuri's friendship is to Yosuke and Chie. I can't wait for part 2. :)

John, I challenge you to do an unboxing for Ultimax and PQ :p
Now that you say it, it is very true.

And I was thinking you would challenge him to do the ice bucket challenge. lol

Levito

Banned
Can't wait to hear the Karen interview, feels like forever since we talked to her on SLink.

That was wonderful, Erin's energy continues to be really infectious.

Top Bottom